Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon5400 View Post

looks like you can by registering your product
[here URL=http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55F8000BFXZA]
[/URL]

Hmm, I did that. We'll see if I get notified, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5222 of 7420 Old 02-16-2014, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
After adjusting my set with DVE blu-ray, a friend said to try the THX TuneUp™ which is free for iOS.

So I wrote down my settings and ran it. It's pretty neat and the colors do looks great! It only let me adjust red/tint, as it did not have individual color adjustments, but hey. It uses the camera to act as a filter.

You tell it that you are connecting via HDMI or Apple TV and it adjusts everything. I set the color space to auto, and it seems really nice!

I couldn't get the edge of the plate to show up on the left side, but a contrast of 74 seemed to be the best setting
post #5223 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I've been playing the PC Titanfall beta tonight on Game Mode and the visual experience is immense. Nothing like 1080p 60fps PC gaming on the F8000. The contrast and motion resolution and sheer sense of scale take gaming to a whole new level. Can't wait to experience 4K OLEDs. I can only imagine how amazing that'll be.
post #5224 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMAYE View Post

Just got my UN65F8000. Picture is amazing! Can someone help with a connection issue? I use Windows Media Center for my cable TV reception and DVR. I cannot get the IR blaster to control it. Anyone had luck with this?

Has any one had luck connecting and controlling a Windows Media Center HTPC to this TV?
post #5225 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 04:53 AM

I use my F8000 almost exclusively as a monitor to my HTPC except for Blu ray movies. I've briefly played around with linking the TV to the music I have loaded on the HTPC. It seems to work OK. It's not the greatest user interface but it works. I haven't done anything with the IR blaster.
post #5226 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post

I use my F8000 almost exclusively as a monitor to my HTPC except for Blu ray movies. I've briefly played around with linking the TV to the music I have loaded on the HTPC. It seems to work OK. It's not the greatest user interface but it works. I haven't done anything with the IR blaster.

I really like how they use the IR blaster to control the cable box and integrate the live picture right in to the TV/Movie are of the Smart Hub. I sent an inquiry to Samsung. I think the use of Media Center is rare so I don't they made a provision for it. Although I can still HOPE.
post #5227 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 AM

Liked: 12
@ mcoomer re: Hello all,
Picked up the 60"and love it but I do have problem. Currently, I have my HD set top box connected to the SATV/CATV input on a Sony STR-DN840 with the HDMI out connected to HDMI 3 on the TV. Very simple setup.

Here's my problem. While watching cable I can play the audio to the floor speakers. If I try to use the Netflix app or stream from a website (wife loves her Thai soap operas) I can't get the audio to play to the floor speakers. I've been trying for two days now to figure this out and I'm getting nowhere.

Since HDMI 3 is the ARC channel shouldn't this work? Do I need to run another connection down to the AVR to pass audio from the web or apps to my floor speakers? I saw a few other posts concerning this problem but never saw a definitive answer. A little help please.

Mike

I did not see an answer to your question.
My solution was to enable Anynet+ on the TV. Doing so introduces some input lag from remotes but at least I have ARC working. Might give it a try.
post #5228 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 07:15 AM

Liked: 36
Quote:

looks like you can by registering your product
[here URL=http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55F8000BFXZA]
[/URL]

Hmmm  I registered mine, get 3 mos. more warranty.  I don't get notified of firmware updates.

post #5229 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:

Just had this happened watching sd channel on a 3 days old tv. Never seen this issue before. The same cable box was used with C7000 es7100 and ES8000

I commented on this a few days ago. Several have mentioned it, but under the heading of power cycling.

It did it for me 3 times yesterday, perhaps a minute or two after start up. I got my iPad stopwatch all set up this morning to get an exact time and...nothing. It worked fine with no black screen and no OSD banner. Only occurs with Dish Network, which is connected directly to HDMI 1 (no AVR), through a new Monoprice high speed cable.

So now, about 10 minutes after writing the above, I updated to 1119, cycled the TV off for a few minutes, and it did it again (didn't time it this time of course). The TV played normally for 1-2 minutes, then went black, no sound, then came back on with the OSD channel banner on, as if I had changed input selection. I backed up the DVR and the dropout was not there, so it's certainly the TV and not something coming through Dish.

Just cycled it twice more, and nothing, no black screen, but I have had it do it after some time, perhaps 15 minutes. In any case, 1119 didn't fix it. I did notice that when it did it, the TV went to the full screen from the guide splash screen automatically. The two times I cycled it, I had to hit the smarthub button to get it to go from the guide screen to the full screen.

Will post again as I get more data.

post #5230 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 07:32 AM

BTW, how do I find my panel number? I saw a request to list it with posts to help keep track of them.

post #5231 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 07:41 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCrispin View Post

BTW, how do I find my panel number? I saw a request to list it with posts to help keep track of them.
on the back of the TV the same label that has a serial number
post #5232 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:

A little off topic...

I'm buying smart tv for PQ, not for Smart TV features. I wish Samsung just threw out their system and used android, so we could install familiar apps

Does anyone know how LG compares to Samsung in PQ and reliability? How about Smart TV features (android based on LG)?

A Korean guy who's been fixing my samsungs kept saying LG is a real brand over there, Samsung just good at advertising. Interestingly, he is the 2nd Korean I heard say that. Could any Koreans on this board not affiliated with either company chime in? smile.gif

Is there a dedicated thread that compares different brands like the above?

Back 7 years or so ago when I bought my first plasma, I looked at them all, including LG.  I ended up buying a Panasonic plasma.  Could not stomach the price of the high end Pioneer.

I can not state factually, but I would be surprised if any LG comes close to the Sammy F8000.  But then...  I am not Korean  :rolleyes:

post #5233 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 10:08 AM

I just noticed a new firmware version 1119.1 was released on Feb. 16. Anyone tried it yet?
post #5234 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyoid View Post

I just noticed a new firmware version 1119.1 was released on Feb. 16. Anyone tried it yet?

sriggins, post 5218, no reports back.  You go ahead, doyoid, let us know  :rolleyes:

I will probably download it later today.

post #5235 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout99 View Post

sriggins, post 5218, no reports back.  You go ahead, doyoid, let us know  rolleyes.gif
I will probably download it later today.
Haha. I hate the entire firmware update process for any device. I always hold my breath during the process. As others have said, I wish Samsung would describe in detail what changes/fixes are included in a firmware update.
post #5236 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Haha. I hate the entire firmware update process for any device. I always hold my breath during the process. As others have said, I wish Samsung would describe in detail what changes/fixes are included in a firmware update.

I agree, the old if it ain't broke theory...  But I am not too concerned, not like it is going to totally break something.  And the running joke...  Even Samsung probably doesn't know the details of updates.  It is annoying that they don't detail what is in an update.  Not that tuff  :confused:

post #5237 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 11:28 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriggins View Post

I played with Netflix. Hated it. Signed out. The UI was slow, it did support 3D but I don't plan on using that. I really did not like the UI compared to the Xbox 360 or Apple TV apps. Felt very unpolished. Trying to scan with the smart touch remote was a disaster. I finally gave up.

It seems to be clear that Samsung's approach is throw as many bullet points onto the marketing page vs. making the apps they ship top notch. I know Netflix is in charge of this app but this one was a no-go.

Twitter app was basically a web page, and it failed to sign in on the second attempt. I could not figure out how to quit the app, so it was just stuck on the twitter clouds screen. I revoked access for that app via twitter.com.

Steve

Netflix updated their UI for all devices that could 'support it'. The TV's netflix app looks exactly the same as my xbox one app. I'm sure I could turn on my blurray and it would be the same as well.
post #5238 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Netflix updated their UI for all devices that could 'support it'. The TV's netflix app looks exactly the same as my xbox one app. I'm sure I could turn on my blurray and it would be the same as well.

Maybe AppleTV is behind, or Apple made them make a better UI smile.gif

At the very least, using the smart touch to control the video was a nightmare. I don't understand how they could build a remote that doesn't have DVR functionality without going into a virtual remote. I tried swiping the top bar and got it to FFW but then could not make it stop, etc.
post #5239 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Quote:

Just had this happened watching sd channel on a 3 days old tv. Never seen this issue before. The same cable box was used with C7000 es7100 and ES8000

I commented on this a few days ago. Several have mentioned it, but under the heading of power cycling.

It did it for me 3 times yesterday, perhaps a minute or two after start up. I got my iPad stopwatch all set up this morning to get an exact time and...nothing. It worked fine with no black screen and no OSD banner. Only occurs with Dish Network, which is connected directly to HDMI 1 (no AVR), through a new Monoprice high speed cable.

So now, about 10 minutes after writing the above, I updated to 1119, cycled the TV off for a few minutes, and it did it again (didn't time it this time of course). The TV played normally for 1-2 minutes, then went black, no sound, then came back on with the OSD channel banner on, as if I had changed input selection. I backed up the DVR and the dropout was not there, so it's certainly the TV and not something coming through Dish.

Just cycled it twice more, and nothing, no black screen, but I have had it do it after some time, perhaps 15 minutes. In any case, 1119 didn't fix it. I did notice that when it did it, the TV went to the full screen from the guide splash screen automatically. The two times I cycled it, I had to hit the smarthub button to get it to go from the guide screen to the full screen.

It happens occasionally on my father-in-law's F6300 and less frequently on my F8000. We're both connected directly by HDMI to Verizon Fios STBs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
post #5240 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 12:03 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

Well, I am downloading it now. No looking back now! smile.gif

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #5241 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 01:17 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:

I have tested the same way (rewinding the broadcast to the same point) and have had the same result. Mine only does this with my cable/DVR box source though. I'd say maybe once per hour.

Samsung UN55F8000
Pioneer Elite SC-65
Bowers and Wilkins 683
Bowers and Wilkins HTM-61
Definitive Tech XTR-20BP
Definitive Tech Supercube 2
8TB Iomega Media Server
post #5242 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcpa View Post

Adrummingdude: Alas, running 1118, I continue to experience the issue. I am going to guess that it is a handshake issue with my Direct TV HD DVR. Just curious what source you use. Also, although I have not checked this out, do you experience this when viewing video from a different source, such as a blue-ray player or a DVD player?

The only source it happens with is my cable/DVR box (Comcast Xfinity), which runs through my Pioneer receiver before going to the TV. I have not noticed it happen with any other source, although the cable broadcast is what is usually playing though the TV.

Samsung UN55F8000
Pioneer Elite SC-65
Bowers and Wilkins 683
Definitive Tech XTR-20BP
8TB Iomega Media Server
post #5243 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 01:25 PM

You know, when I purchased the TV, I also purchased an update HDMI cable from Home Depot that was rated 1.4 HDMI.  The tv was in the process of being delivered and my wife was at home to let them in.  By the time I got home, the TV had already been hooked up.  I had a 9 year old HDTV and also a 9 year old HDMI cable.  The delivery/installers told me that we could use the old HDMI cable and it would be fine.

So, we did that and returned the HDMI cable that I had purchased from Home Depot.  I am wondering if using the old HDMI cable is making a difference.  Adrummingdude....are you using a new HDMI cable that is rated 1.4 or are you using an old HDMI cable. Am wondering if this would make a difference.

Bob

post #5244 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 02:26 PM

I'm running a "Vizio High Speed HDMI with Ethernet" cable. Other than that, which is written on the jacket, I can find no other specs. It is only a couple years old, but looks to be out of production per Vizio's website. Maybe I'll try to swap it out for a new one and see of it makes any difference.

Samsung UN55F8000
Pioneer Elite SC-65
Bowers and Wilkins 683
Definitive Tech XTR-20BP
8TB Iomega Media Server
post #5245 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Liked: 24
I have Auto Update on, but no update by late this afternoon. When I checked after reading about it here, 1119 was available and it downloaded manually fine. So far, no differences seen, good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

Can't wait to experience 4K OLEDs. I can only imagine how amazing that'll be.

Better than reality...but that wouldn't be real... would it? eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriggins View Post

At the very least, using the smart touch to control the video was a nightmare. I don't understand how they could build a remote that doesn't have DVR functionality without going into a virtual remote. I tried swiping the top bar and got it to FFW but then could not make it stop, etc.

A Harmony universal remote will solve all those problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcpa View Post

I am wondering if using the old HDMI cable is making a difference

I don't think it's a cable issue, but at this point I wouldn't rule it out. I haven't experienced the video dropout (it appears to not be power cycling) and I'm using a 4 year old, maybe Monoprice, cable for my cable box to HDMI2 connection.
post #5246 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

A Harmony universal remote will solve all those problems..

I wish smile.gif I used to own a 950 I think it was until the thing died. Actually the DirecTV remote is working well enough. I can turn the TV on and off with it, and that turns on the Denon with HDMI Control. I have AV2 set up to control the Apple TV, so I'm actually all set.

If I need Samsung specific stuff, their remote is in the love seat center console smile.gif

I kinda of miss my harmony, but I think their quality has gone to hell since Logitech bought them. The buttons are crap, the build quality is terrible, and the software is this Java driven mess.
post #5247 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsva View Post

It happens occasionally on my father-in-law's F6300 and less frequently on my F8000. We're both connected directly by HDMI to Verizon Fios STBs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
just happened again. I've been using the same cable box with last 3-4 samsung tv's - no such issue with c, es7100, es8000
post #5248 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Thing is, intermittent problems like this are very difficult to troubleshoot. Best thing to do it contact Samsung and give them all the details of your source, input you're using, etc. and hope they care to put the man-hours into fixing such an infrequent issue. Unfortunately, they hold all the cards, not you the buyer. Good luck.
AVR stands for Audio Video Receiver.
most likely they'll say never heard of this issue they may say it is your hdmi cable, they may come out and replace the motherboard, they may say its a software issue and will tell you to wait indefinitely. this is from my experience with Samsung
But who knows if they heard of this issue they may have a fix for it I would just hate to see parts replaced in my brand new TV
post #5249 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Liked: 24
The first two sentences (If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just my thought.) you included in my quote were in reply to a totally different post. I'm not saying the blackout issue should not be fixed.
post #5250 of 7420 Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:

The first two sentences (If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just my thought.) you included in my quote were in reply to a totally different post. I'm not saying the blackout issue should not be fixed.
Sorry about that. I used cellphone to reply, didn't notice that. I edited my post
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page