post #541 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

IF they don't find out, then it likely won't invalidate the warranty. Notice though that they asked. Point being if they do find out, it might not go so well. It's a calculated risk. Why not just wait 12 months and do it when you don't have a warranty any more to worry about? Why take a chance on them having a reason to invalidate it?

Please stop your insatiable, non knowledgeable fear mongering. Why are you so relentlessly perusing this issue? Your arguments are not to be found in reality and I find paranoid. Have your tried SM access yourself? Do you even own a Samsung display much less an F8000? I have NEVER found a problem with SM access. Lighten up, Dude, or tell us where your expertise originates....
ozark and Pickstv like this.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
+1 ^
Pickstv likes this.
post #543 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Please stop your insatiable, non knowledgeable fear mongering. Why are you so relentlessly perusing this issue? Your arguments are not to be found in reality and I find paranoid. Have your tried SM access yourself? Do you even own a Samsung display much less an F8000? I have NEVER found a problem with SM access. Lighten up, Dude, or tell us where your expertise originates....

You're attitude in here has been very destructive to the thread IMO. All I have ever done is try to offer my help and opinions. Obviously, you cannot tolerate anybody in here having an opinion different than your own.

Never have I claimed to be an expert - NEVER. I have said many times that I am only relaying information I have read in other places on the subject. You apparently take it personally when somebody disagrees with you. And you're telling me to lighten up?

And don't tell me I'm "relentlessly" pursuing it. You are. Halimali specifically asked here yesterday about this subject. So I gave my opinion, hoping to help. Right away, you started tossing your attitude around because you don't agree with me. What's your issue with me trying to recommend a little caution regarding the service menu? Why are you taking it so personal? Can't we have a difference in opinions with out you insulting me? You are no authority here for Samsung, any more than I am.
post #544 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:

You're attitude in here has been very destructive to the thread IMO. All I have ever done is try to offer my help and opinions. Obviously, you cannot tolerate anybody in here having an opinion different than your own. Really, wanna take a poll? My one and only intention is to help 8000 owners as a member and of which excludes you,

Never have I claimed to be an expert - NEVER. I have said many times that I am only relaying information I have read in other places on the subject. You apparently take it personally when somebody disagrees with you. And you're telling me to lighten up?

You never said you were an expert and believe me you are not!

And don't tell me I'm "relentlessly" pursuing it. You are. Halimali specifically asked here yesterday about this subject. So I gave my opinion, hoping to help. Right away, you started tossing your attitude around because you don't agree with me. What's your issue with me trying to recommend a little caution regarding the service menu? Why are you taking it so personal? Can't we have a difference in opinions with out you insulting me? You are no authority here for Samsung, any more than I am.

Personal? I neither know you nor do I care. Difference in opinions? You're wrong. Nothing to be discussed. Your continual reference to manufacturer warranty avoidance is something that needs to be addressed. This is your issue, a non issue at that, so why not desist..

Why be such a negative poster on a thread about a very good display? You don't even own one so I truly don't understand your motives.

And about the Service Menu, you are clueless...
ozark and Pickstv like this.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #545 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Personal? I neither know you nor do I care. Difference in opinions? You're wrong. Nothing to be discussed. Your continual reference to manufacturer warranty avoidance is something that needs to be addressed. This is your issue, a non issue at that, so why not desist..

Why be such a negative poster on a thread about a very good display? You don't even own one so I truly don't understand your motives.

And about the Service Menu, you are clueless...

Gotta go with Buzz on this one Eagle--As you might have guessed.

The problem ia not your opinions, which is fine--it's your attitude, like you own this thread-and the other one-- and it it your God given duty to protect the rest of us from our own ignorance. So you go on, and on. and on, and on, and on with your never-ending "helpfulness."

We're all grown-ups here, and we can decide for ourselves what's best for us.

For you to accuse Buzz, who brings professional experience and technical expertise to this thread, of having a destructive attitiude, is painfully ironic.

You have contributed many, many, helpful posts about your own experiences with these set. These are helpful, and why people are here. To learn from the experience--NOT the opinions-- of others.

And your opinions are welcome as well. But--and this is just MY opinion, so take it for what it's worth-- you abuse the priveledge when you fill page after page, literally, with endless, incessant, and repetative posts of the same opinions.

Dude, take a breath.

You are a valuable contributor here because of your experience and knowledge. But please, Eagle, say what you need to say and then let it go.I don't wish to be hurtful here, but enough is enough.
Pickstv likes this.

Dave

post #546 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

What? Why be so negative towards a good display? Sorry, I wasn't aware I was in the Samsung F8000 fan club thread. I have been trying for two weeks to buy this set to see for myself if this will end up being my set of the next few years. Best Buy still doesn't have the 46" available.

Motives? I have stated what my motives are - to help people in here understand that there is - regardless of you're opinions - a risk in going into the service menu. The touch remote itself is not as precise as the old-fashioned remote, which was much more difficult to make a mistake in there. On the old remote, you would have to actually press the wrong key to do something bad int here. With the touch remote, swipe your finger across the wrong way by accident and that's all it takes to screw something up and maybe not even realize what you did. One swipe in the wrong direction by mistake and they can wave their tv good-bye. It's your motivations that seem questionable, as you keep telling people they have absolutely nothing to worry about by going in there.

You keep bringing this up. Let it rest, man. I gave my opinion to HaliMali and you're been criticizing my thoughts on it ever since. The only reason I even got into this again is because I was respnding to a question.
post #547 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

Gotta go with Buzz on this one Eagle--As you might have guessed.

The problem ia not your opinions, which is fine--it's your attitude, like you own this thread-and the other one-- and it it your God given duty to protect the rest of us from our own ignorance. So you go on, and on. and on, and on, and on with your never-ending "helpfulness."

We're all grown-ups here, and we can decide for ourselves what's best for us.

For you to accuse Buzz, who brings professional experience and technical expertise to this thread, of having a destructive attitiude, is painfully ironic.

You have contributed many, many, helpful posts about your own experiences with these set. These are helpful, and why people are here. To learn from the experience--NOT the opinions-- of others.

And your opinions are welcome as well. But--and this is just MY opinion, so take it for what it's worth-- you abuse the priveledge when you fill page after page, literally, with endless, incessant, and repetative posts of the same opinions.

Dude, take a breath.

You are a valuable contributor here because of your experience and knowledge. But please, Eagle, say what you need to say and then let it go.I don't wish to be hurtful here, but enough is enough.

Whatever.

I'm the one acting like I own the thread? Well then maybe I'll just say good-bye then and move on, then Buzzard can claim ownership. Buzzard is the one acting like he owns the thread based on his profession as a calibrator. I've never claimed to be anything other than an owner. Just because Buzzard is a calibrator doesn't mean he's an authority to speak on behalf of Samsung's internal policies on warranty coverage.

Never have I acted like I own the thread. I'm 43 - I'm not nearly that petty to give a damn about trying to own this thread. I have much more important things in my life at my age. All I've ever done in here is try to help with tips and advice while learning myself. I've had just about enough of this thread though. Shame too, as I'm just about to be buying this set and I'm sure I'd like some advice and discussion later on. But there's way too much hostility in here.

The only reason this is continuing is because Buzzard won't let it go! Why am I getting all the heat?? HaliMlai asked a question, I gave what I thought was my honest opinion on it, others had different opinions, I tried to back up my opinions, and ever since it's been ridiculous in here. This is a sad excuse for a discussion thread if we can't discuss these things without people getting rubbed the wrong way.
post #548 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 145
This thread sucks

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
post #549 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Whatever.

I'm the one acting like I own the thread? Well then maybe I'll just say good-bye then and move on,

Thank You!
post #550 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Later all. It's been fun. This place is no longer worth my time and effort. I have better things to do with my life. Thanks to a few this has become a very hostile place.

@ Pickstv - what have you contributed to this site since you've joined?
post #551 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 PM

OMG! I hope you gentlemen are done with your difference of opinions and we can get on with discussing the F8000 and its negatives and positives.

Early in the thread there was plenty of good information on calibrating the F8000 and I found this to be most informative.

I also enjoyed the thread on getting the Harmony One remote to work with the F8000.

I would like to see more constructive information like that. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.
post #552 of 7882 Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM

By the way this is going to be my new setup:
Home Entertainment System

• Klipsch RF-52II Home Theater Bundle
2 RF-52II Towers-1 RC-52 II Center-2 RS-52II Surrounds
• BIC PL-200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer

• Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray 3D Player

• Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K 7.1 Channel HDMI Home Theater Receiver

• Samsung UN55F8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV

• Direct TV HR21 DVR

• WD Elements Desktop USB 2.0 External Hard Drive 2TB

post #553 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhans View Post

By the way this is going to be my new setup:

Great looking setup. Just curious, is there a reason you are using optical instead of hdmi cables? Also using the elements hd connected to tv, any problems?
post #554 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I believe the reason one might use an optical connection over HDMI is the fact that you might get a cleaner signal.

I really can not speak for HDMI audio , but I can say that an optical connection sound better than a coax connection.

My stuff belongs in a museum , it is ancient , by todays standards:

Yamaha - DSP-A1 / G + Pioneer - DV-79AVi + all high end Boston`s with a Velodyne SPL-12 sub. , enough to move walls !! biggrin.gif

Plus my Mac Mini !

Later smile.gif

Me. 
post #555 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:

What? Why be so negative towards a good display? Sorry, I wasn't aware I was in the Samsung F8000 fan club thread. I have been trying for two weeks to buy this set to see for myself if this will end up being my set of the next few years. Best Buy still doesn't have the 46" available.

Motives? I have stated what my motives are - to help people in here understand that there is - regardless of you're opinions - a risk in going into the service menu. The touch remote itself is not as precise as the old-fashioned remote, which was much more difficult to make a mistake in there. On the old remote, you would have to actually press the wrong key to do something bad int here. With the touch remote, swipe your finger across the wrong way by accident and that's all it takes to screw something up and maybe not even realize what you did. One swipe in the wrong direction by mistake and they can wave their tv good-bye. It's your motivations that seem questionable, as you keep telling people they have absolutely nothing to worry about by going in there.

You keep bringing this up. Let it rest, man. I gave my opinion to HaliMali and you're been criticizing my thoughts on it ever since. The only reason I even got into this again is because I was respnding to a question.

Just to clear all these doubts, Samsung actually ENCOURAGES saving your calibrated settings on the Service Menu.

As posted on the ES000 FAQs:
UN55ES8000F Does My TV Need To Be Calibrated?

You can use Samsung's response on the 2nd question if they ever void your warranty. rolleyes.gif
flyboy2160 and Pickstv like this.
post #556 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Liked: 24
In a previous post I said that I didn't know if I owed buzzard 1 or 3 or .... beers for him posting his settings. Now I know it's...., especially after playing some more with the WOW and DVE disks.

I would have sent the TV back if I hadn't implemented his settings. I still hate the very narrow viewing angle and the highly reflective screen, but the picture is so good, I'm keeping it. (10 days to go on Best Buy Return.) Thanks again.
AGUSTINFOREVER likes this.
post #557 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

I believe the reason one might use an optical connection over HDMI is the fact that you might get a cleaner signal.

I really can not speak for HDMI audio , but I can say that an optical connection sound better than a coax connection.

My stuff belongs in a museum , it is ancient , by todays standards:

Yamaha - DSP-A1 / G + Pioneer - DV-79AVi + all high end Boston`s with a Velodyne SPL-12 sub. , enough to move walls !! biggrin.gif

Plus my Mac Mini !

Later smile.gif

Me. 

I don't know that it would sound "cleaner" than an HDMI connection but with optical or digital coax all one can get is DTS and DD. (DTS MA, DD True HD, DD Pro Logic, etc. on HDMI)
post #558 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy2160 View Post

In a previous post I said that I didn't know if I owed buzzard 1 or 3 or .... beers for him posting his settings. Now I know it's...., especially after playing some more with the WOW and DVE disks.

I would have sent the TV back if I hadn't implemented his settings. I still hate the very narrow viewing angle and the highly reflective screen, buy the picture is so good, I'm keeping it. (10 days to go on Best Buy Return.) Thanks again.

If you don't mind, what changes did you make? The only things I changed was Auto Motion Plus-Custom-Blur 5 Judder 5 and Cinema Black On only with black bar content.
post #559 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickstv View Post

If you don't mind, what changes did you make? The only things I changed was Auto Motion Plus-Custom-Blur 5 Judder 5 and Cinema Black On only with black bar content.

[buzzard will kill me for this:] During the Masters, the A&M football game, and Holmes, I tweaked the Color and Backlight up a little. I didn't go so far as to lose that artsy-fartsy stitched pattern on the front of Tiger's shirt. You guys all saw that instead of just a red 'blob' for his shirt, right? Or was I drinking too much.....
post #560 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sympathetik View Post

Just to clear all these doubts, Samsung actually ENCOURAGES saving your calibrated settings on the Service Menu.

As posted on the ES000 FAQs:
[URL=http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?

idx=160444&modelname=UN55ES8000F&modelcode=UN55ES8000FXZA&session_id=&from_osc=&__ncforminfo=x4gdGN8pYmtSafLrNd9U4kWES1lL7uy_d6DOT9y6RgxJ575Ste_OLJjZ3qK-CxLzpRnjiuX9a_cZLNGt5lMAaGCmGJuXzApjxLiA8Pa0rgQ%3D]UN55ES8000F Does My TV Need To Be Calibrated?[/URL]

You can use Samsung's response on the 2nd question if they ever void your warranty. rolleyes.gif

Nice find, thank you for sharing this

As of June 2013:
2,712 Bluray movies
1,593 DVD movies
356 bluray+DVD series
1,322 bluray+DVD Anime
post #561 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Agree, nice work and maybe the misinformation campaign of a certain unnamed poster can finally end. Thanks to Pros like Buzzard we can get back to factual discussions of this F8000 Display VS. an individuals innuendo and over blown ego. Now....
Any one have info on the release dates of the larger panels?
ozark likes this.
post #562 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM

I did not know this. Is it true that I won't have pcm or true sound through the digital optical conections?
post #563 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 01:55 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjocky View Post

Agree, nice work and maybe the misinformation campaign of a certain unnamed poster can finally end. Thanks to Pros like Buzzard we can get back to factual discussions of this F8000 Display VS. an individuals innuendo and over blown ego. Now....
Any one have info on the release dates of the larger panels?

Value Electronics has the 65" shipping 5/13. Amazon just put it up on the site but you cant per-order it yet.

I leaning towards the 65" myself.
post #564 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I did not know this. Is it true that I won't have pcm or true sound through the digital optical conections?

Lossless audio formats (DTS-MA, DD True HD, etc.) are only over HDMI. Optical only carries the standard DTS, DD.
post #565 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

Yes.

Opitcal Cables can carry up to 5.1 Sound but only in regular Dolby Digital and regular DTS. That's fine if you like it that way but you will not get Master Audio, True HD, DD Plus, Pro-Logic, etc..
post #566 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 02:06 PM

Liked: 27
Just an FYI, under Support on main main I was able to reset my tv. All but my network settings were erased. Cal day/night were also reset so I will have to renable them. I will also have to set all of my colors up again.

BUT, now I set my antenna as "air/cable" and put my HDMI 1 as AV Reciever. Set as AV Receiver allows me to select from drop down list to change to PC when I want to play games. This was the only way to reset my HDMI 1 from cable stb.

Happy I'll be able to experiment with PC mode with my games now.
post #567 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have my ps3 hooked up to my Sony receiver, that's hooked up to my Samsung f8000. I tried to watch a 3D movie (blue ray) today, and found out that my reciever isn't able to do 3D. If I hook my ps3 up to the tv directly, I can watch the 3D movie, but I don't have surround sound, because the ps3 isn't hooked up to the reciever. Is there a way I can hook up my ps3 directly to the tv, and be able to enjoy the 5.1 surround sound that I'm used to from my reciever?

XBOX: xxx GR1MM xxx
PS3: GR1MM
post #568 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

I have my ps3 hooked up to my Sony receiver, that's hooked up to my Samsung f8000. I tried to watch a 3D movie (blue ray) today, and found out that my reciever isn't able to do 3D. If I hook my ps3 up to the tv directly, I can watch the 3D movie, but I don't have surround sound, because the ps3 isn't hooked up to the reciever. Is there a way I can hook up my ps3 directly to the tv, and be able to enjoy the 5.1 surround sound that I'm used to from my reciever?

Doesn't your PS3 have an optical out in addition to HDMI? (mine does but it's an old fat one - not the slim or the newer one) If so - just run an optical cable from it to your receiver (assuming it has an optical input - most do) and change the audio setting in your PS3 to optical instead of HDMI - you'd also need to "assign" that optical input to the correct source on your receiver (again assuming the receiver you have supports this).

You should get 5.1 but as others have said - optical won't pass Master Audio, True HD etc. But still should get Dolby 5.1.

~Bill
post #569 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

Does your Sony receiver support Audio Return Channel (ARC)? HDMI3 is used for ARC, so you would connect your receiver to HDMI3, and your ps3 to HDMI2. Set the receiver to TV, and your TV speakers to "Receiver". This will also allow you to enjoy 5.1 surround sound with the smart apps.
post #570 of 7882 Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM

You got me going so I been doing some research and you are right about the HDMI outputs. I’ll see what I can do about changing my system to accommodate HDMI rather than Optical.

I want the audio from my F8000 smart TV apps such as Netflix and DLMA streaming movies to be able to have the best audio I can get.

Good News! I'm ordering my UN55F8000 from Amazon.com today. They have white glove delivery.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page