post #6031 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post

Hello again, guys.

I think I should get the TV by the end of this week, so I would like to ask a few questions again, before I get it...

1) I'm wondering if maybe it is possible on F8000 to select where do you come from, or is that set automatically from IP or something? I was thinking, if I would set it like I come from UK or USA, because I think in that way, the updates will come more constantly... I doubt that countries in Europe, specially Slovenia where I come from, gets the updates constantly like citizens of UK or USA... And if that is possible, is then still possible to set the language to my language, or it will be only English available then?

2) Is there an option on this TV to reset everything on factory settings, like smart phones have? If I will play with some picture settings, and maybe screw something up, I think it's the best way to put it on factory settings. :D

3) Can maybe someone paste any link, where I can get the picture settings that you guys think they should be the best for this TV?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks alot all for help!

Kindest regards,

Sam.

So you an Anze Kopitar fan ?  (who plays for my LA Kings)

1)  Been a long time since I went through setup but I think you select country, and language separate.  IP address may come into play for updates, but really not sure.

2)  Yes, there is a factory reset.

3)  Settings, checkout Buzz's settings on page one as a starting point then adjust from there for your panel and your preferences.

sammiesamson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6032 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout99 View Post

1)  Been a long time since I went through setup but I think you select country, and language separate.  IP address may come into play for updates, but really not sure.

3)  Settings, checkout Buzz's settings on page one as a starting point then adjust from there for your panel and your preferences.

From the user manual, I didn't see anything for setting location/country.

Changing the Menu Language
Screen Menu > System > Menu Language
Select a menu language from the list.

sammiesamson likes this.
post #6033 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 01:18 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellest View Post

So I guess I will have to wait and see if I could set the country etc somehow... I really hope that there is an option to somehow "fool" it. Because I think that in our country I will get the updates in every 10 years... :D

Quote:

Quote:

From the user manual, I didn't see anything for setting location/country.

Changing the Menu Language
Screen Menu > System > Menu Language
Select a menu language from the list.

Hehe, yes Anže is from my country, but I'm not much a sports fan... :o

I will check out the Buzz's settings. Hope they will work for my F8000 too and for my preferences.

Guys thanks alot for all those quick answers! I really appreciate it. :) Will let you know when I got it, and I'm sure that I will have any further questions. :p

post #6034 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post

So I guess I will have to wait and see if I could set the country etc somehow... I really hope that there is an option to somehow "fool" it. Because I think that in our country I will get the updates in every 10 years... biggrin.gif

Hehe, yes Anže is from my country, but I'm not much a sports fan... redface.gif

I will check out the Buzz's settings. Hope they will work for my F8000 too and for my preferences.

Guys thanks alot for all those quick answers! I really appreciate it. smile.gif  Will let you know when I got it, and I'm sure that I will have any further questions. tongue.gif
I seem to remember having to enter my zip code during the initial setup, but that may have been part of selecting my cable provider.
sammiesamson likes this.
post #6035 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 02:01 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

I seem to remember having to enter my zip code during the initial setup, but that may have been part of selecting my cable provider.

I had to put my zip code as well but I use OTA reception. smile.gif
sammiesamson likes this.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6036 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I think you have to enter it twice, once for whatever and then for your cable provider setup.

sammiesamson likes this.
post #6037 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

Also, I saw a new egg shaped remote control for this TV in the thread. I have the square one. Is that a new remote control for our 8000 series?

That is supposedly the motion sensing remote that will come with the next Evolution Kit upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

Hi everyone I have been getting problems with my 65in f8000 and im getting my panel replaced my current panel is a ts01. Also how would I be able to tell which panel version I got since at the back of tv it says tso1, but when they do a panel replacement I think they dont change the back of the tv that says ts01
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

They just asked me for my model number. I was getting these multi color lines on the screen

Are you sure they are replacing just the panel and not whole set? The primary cost of a TV has to be the panel, so it's hard to believe it would be cost effective to replace only the panel. If they are replacing just the panel, I doubt they care what panel number you have or which one they replace it with, thus they only asked you for your model number. Good luck!
post #6038 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 05:37 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

I am watching season 1 Vikings on Amazon prime and with natural mode, the blacks are really great. Wow. I am really impressed. Plus, for those who haven't seen this series, check it out. smile.gif

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6039 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yea its just the panel. I spoke to samsung ecr department and they told me I need to have two repairs done at least so I could qualify for an exchange. I only had one repair done so I told them if I need another repair I want my panel replaced. So its just the panel. I also called up the service company to see if I could get my motherboard replace as well since the panel and the motherboard control most of the tv and my issue will most likely be solved, I hope.
post #6040 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 06:19 PM

Hi all,

I've had my F8000 about two weeks now. Aside from two stuck pixels that can't be seen during regular viewing, the TV has been pretty much perfect.

Tonight the TV rebooted in the middle of watching cable which hasn't happened before. Has anyone encountered this sort of random rebooting?

thanks!
Jeff
post #6041 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 06:35 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

for random rebooting, check to ensure you have updates turned off. Most likely you have it turned on and it just updated. smile.gif

post #6042 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

for random rebooting, check to ensure you have updates turned off. Most likely you have it turned on and it just updated. smile.gif

Thanks, will check that since I updated it when I received it and I think it had the latest update already.
post #6043 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM

Liked: 10
6 weeks with my UA55F8000.....loving it more everyday. No clouding, No blooming, no stuck pixels...etc. Noticed samsung has released new firmware for our specific model after 2 months....finally hitting version 1114.0 rolleyes.gif.....anyone with this model who has tried it, kindly share the changes. Does it turn our teles into UHD tongue.giftongue.gif or may be OLED biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif.......
post #6044 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM

Can Anybody comment on whether this is Acceptable flashlighting???

This is my Second UN60F8000.  The one I returned had the same thing but also worse on the right side with a diagonal booming.

Conditions:  backlight is 10 on movie mode for first pic.  others after trying to tweek even more.

Dim lighting x1 from left.  Night time.  Taken with HTC One S camera (ie, colour and intensity are slightly off)

Ive also had a couple 3D movies with insane Ghosting.  like even at the Warner Bros iconic start,  there is a predominant second edge to the WB.  This seems to happen at a certain "Focal Distance".  Anybody else with this problem?

Thanks guys.

post #6045 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 09:51 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Pavelot View Post

This is my Second UN60F8000.  The one I returned had the same thing but also worse on the right side with a diagonal booming.

Conditions:  backlight is 10 on movie mode for first pic.  others after trying to tweek even more.
Dim lighting x1 from left.  Night time.  Taken with HTC One S camera (ie, colour and intensity are slightly off)

Ive also had a couple 3D movies with insane Ghosting.  like even at the Warner Bros iconic start,  there is a predominant second edge to the WB.  This seems to happen at a certain "Focal Distance".  Anybody else with this problem?
Thanks guys.

Not acceptable. You have local dimming enabled?
post #6046 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys.
IMO...that's unacceptable flashlighting. Then again am comparing it to a small unit(mine is a 55 inch unit)....mine had no flashlighting at all even at backlight 20.....check attached photos in my earlier posts
post #6047 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 10:20 PM

one query guys....is there a way to rollback to a previous firmware version??confused.gif
post #6048 of 7647 Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 PM

Well my newly replaced 65 inch f8000 is awesome the off angle viewing is not quite as good as my old one but i have the best seat in the house absolutely great screen uniformity picture seems a little brighter overall I have not calibrated yet but this TV( panel version US02 ) is AWSOME!!!! it's funny because I'm trying so hard to find problems with the screen and I'm not finding any. What a good day its been today I was stressing hard looked like that may have checked the set before they sent it to me I could be wrong but anyway this one is definitely a keeper....:-)

post #6049 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen79 View Post

one query guys....is there a way to rollback to a previous firmware version??confused.gif

There is no going back. At least nobody has found it.

post #6050 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftimster View Post

Well my newly replaced 65 inch f8000 is awesome the off angle viewing is not quite as good as my old one but i have the best seat in the house absolutely great screen uniformity picture seems a little brighter overall I have not calibrated yet but this TV( panel version US02 ) is AWSOME!!!! it's funny because I'm trying so hard to find problems with the screen and I'm not finding any. What a good day its been today I was stressing hard looked like that may have checked the set before they sent it to me I could be wrong but anyway this one is definitely a keeper....:-)
Congrats and start calibrating for better picture.

post #6051 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 04:40 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks guys.

Same thing happens with backlight at 3 or 6? The clouding?

You should not see any Ghosting. I never have seen any issues with 3d.

What is your return policy?

post #6052 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 05:16 AM

Hi there,

This is my first post and here is my Issue...

No video I bought Samsung 65” 8000 series smart TV in August 2013 and I fall in love with. But today suddenly video disappear. I try all the source and new cables but No video. I try ON/off the tv but video only comes for few second then gone.
I called Samsung they issue me ticket and setup appointment for technician. Let see what happen next.

I just wondering if some else have the same issue?.
post #6053 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I was thinking about the 65F8000 and read a review on Amazon in which the owner said he has a problem where the PS4 isn't recognized when he turns it on and he has to power off the F8000 and PS4 and power them both back on at the same time.

Has anyone else here had issues with that?

Anyone else have any PS4 experiences good or bad?

Thanks in advance!
post #6054 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

I watched hunger games on amazon prime.. I kept switching between movie mode and natural mode and to be honest, I liked natural mode better. The black was blacker and the details were more pronounced. I am a believer now for natural mode.

Same settings I have for movie mode and natural mode and standard mode but overall natural mode won for me.

backlight: 3
contrast: 90
brightness: 45
sharp: 0
color: 50
tint: 50/50

I watch the TV only at night.. With all the lights off in the room. smile.gif
hi HPQ, I agree natural mode offers a punchy pic . Do you find that people faces appear too red? Am on standard color tone....its the one where the whites appear close to true whites....others ie cool..whites appear bluish...,warm 1 and 2 ..whites appear pinkish. Any advice...smile.gif
post #6055 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post

I was thinking about the 65F8000 and read a review on Amazon in which the owner said he has a problem where the PS4 isn't recognized when he turns it on and he has to power off the F8000 and PS4 and power them both back on at the same time.

Has anyone else here had issues with that?

Anyone else have any PS4 experiences good or bad?

Thanks in advance!

I have the PS4 and the F8000. I have the PS4 connected to my AVR.

I put the TV on hdmi 1 and then on the AVR it is changed to the right source for PS4 so that I can get audio/video. (I also have my oppo connected to the AVR).

No issues for me. smile.gif

post #6056 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 06:29 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen79 View Post

hi HPQ, I agree natural mode offers a punchy pic . Do you find that people faces appear too red? Am on standard color tone....its the one where the whites appear close to true whites....others ie cool..whites appear bluish...,warm 1 and 2 ..whites appear pinkish. Any advice...smile.gif

No, I didn't notice any redness in the faces. Last night, I watched the first 4 episodes of Vikings Season 1 on Amazon prime and all the faces looked normal to me.

I have the settings set across all the 3 modes - movie, natural, standard. Even thou the settings are same, the output is different thou.

I haven't played with warm1 warm2, etc. Will have to give that a try to see if that makes any difference.

post #6057 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM

Guys, good news.

In about an hour or so, my friend should call me, to deliver me the new F8000. :) Can't believe and wait... :D

bellest likes this.
post #6058 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post

Hi there,

This is my first post and here is my Issue...

No video I bought Samsung 65” 8000 series smart TV in August 2013 and I fall in love with. But today suddenly video disappear. I try all the source and new cables but No video. I try ON/off the tv but video only comes for few second then gone.
I called Samsung they issue me ticket and setup appointment for technician. Let see what happen next.

I just wondering if some else have the same issue?.

Can you tell us what panel version you have please? It is on the sticker with the serial number on the back.
post #6059 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Thanks guys.

Off axis, your black level will be worse, simple as that. But make sure Smart LED is set to Standard or High. Your black level should not be anywhere near that high on a full black or near full black screen. Also turn Cinema Black to On. Even when it's turned on, it will only engage itself if it detects black widescreen bars, this will make a world of difference in minimizing the flashlighting in the corners of the screen.

If the flashlighting is still as bad as it looks in your camera's pictures then I would consider exchanging it. But those couple settings changes should make a SUBSTANTIAL difference. You could probably even get away with raising the backlight a bit with these settings changes.

As for 3D content I've noticed that if I'm too close there is terrible ghosting. There seems to be a certain distance from the TV you want to be in order to minimize ghosting. I don't watch enough 3D content to be of any expertise though.
post #6060 of 7647 Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode11 View Post

Can you tell us what panel version you have please? It is on the sticker with the serial number on the back.

Hi, thanks for your reply. it is Ver MD01 Please explain me what is this mean.

However, Good news is Technician came in this morning and he just did Factory rest from his special remote control and every thing is fine now I got video back :D

Bad news is I lost all the calibration which is done by future shop technician that cost me when I bought this TV back in 08/13 :(

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page