Forum Jump: 

post #6121 of 7515 Old 03-21-2014, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout99 View Post

Up to you.  I am WAY happy with my F8000.  Do me well for 5+ yrs until OLED is affordable.  The new Sammies this year I hear are all curved screens, not for me.  Don't know what other MFGs are coming out with.  But I would feel confident is saying the F8000 blows any Vizio away.
I couldn't agree more! If you're looking purely at non-UHD sets, I feel the F8000s are the right choice. Not to mention the evolution kits give them some teeth in the obsolence category!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6122 of 7515 Old 03-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to this thread and have been scanning posts for helpful guidance for my new UN65F8000 delivered two days ago. One thing I was curious about was the ability to use a USB keyboard/mouse combination I already had; i.e. a Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 v2.0 and wireless mouse 5000. Both operate through a single USB dongle. Everything I've been able to find said these wouldn't work. BUT just for the heck of it, I tried and THEY WORK--at least in some things. I have only tried the browser. The keyboard works for typing in Google searches and the mouse cursor and wheel work as well. BUT I tried to sign into AVS and the web site wouldn't take my user name and password. After four attempts, I resorted to my computer to type this message. I'll try to use it in some of the apps and let you know the results. However, since the browser is basically useless without a keyboard, at least I can surf through the app.
I have had a media center computer hooked up to my old Toshiba DLP for a couple of years. This UN56F8000 has improved the look and feel of the computer. I really like the PC renaming and resulting corrected full screen display. It took me a while but I also managed to get the optical out from the computer to pair with my Yamaha amp. Since I have the computer, I don't really need the TV browser app but I think the keyboard will prove useful if it will work in the apps. I'll let you know more as I work through all the options!
Lots to investigate with the numerous settings.....
post #6123 of 7515 Old 03-21-2014, 04:13 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKad View Post

I'm new to this thread and have been scanning posts for helpful guidance for my new UN65F8000 delivered two days ago. One thing I was curious about was the ability to use a USB keyboard/mouse combination I already had; i.e. a Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 v2.0 and wireless mouse 5000. Both operate through a single USB dongle. Everything I've been able to find said these wouldn't work. BUT just for the heck of it, I tried and THEY WORK--at least in some things. I have only tried the browser. The keyboard works for typing in Google searches and the mouse cursor and wheel work as well. BUT I tried to sign into AVS and the web site wouldn't take my user name and password. After four attempts, I resorted to my computer to type this message. I'll try to use it in some of the apps and let you know the results. However, since the browser is basically useless without a keyboard, at least I can surf through the app.
I have had a media center computer hooked up to my old Toshiba DLP for a couple of years. This UN56F8000 has improved the look and feel of the computer. I really like the PC renaming and resulting corrected full screen display. It took me a while but I also managed to get the optical out from the computer to pair with my Yamaha amp. Since I have the computer, I don't really need the TV browser app but I think the keyboard will prove useful if it will work in the apps. I'll let you know more as I work through all the options!
Lots to investigate with the numerous settings.....

Yes, many options.  And I might suggest writing in paragraphs, much easier to read. 

adgrimes likes this.
post #6124 of 7515 Old 03-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I am getting ready to buy a 65" F8000 I will be wall mounting it.

Two questions, are some kind of spacers required because of the staggers back surface?
and
does wall mounting this mean I may have corner flashlighhting issues?

Would like to hear from people who have wallmounted this or the 60" and can comment on the corner glow.

Ok, three questions. GAMING and Input lag, I am not a huge gamer, but I don't want to get into a game and have it ruined due to input lag.

So I know this set is not great but has the firmware updates helped?

THANKS!
post #6125 of 7515 Old 03-21-2014, 06:29 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post

Yeah that was my fear. My receiver only has one HDMI out. Am I just screwed?

I hadn't thought about that since I'm not using a receiver, but I guess you are right. Changing settings for one input has to be done manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post

Guys, I just can't find a good settings for my TV. All of the settings that I tried for now, have so intense colors, and I don't like that much. My eyes are acking me for the last 3 days since I got this TV.
The other thing that I'm worried about is a slight lagg on some channels and even movies. Sometimes it feels like the picture is a bit laggy on some movements and transitions. Can anyone help me how to solve that?

Like bellest and sideout99 said, tell us what settings you're using, and lag is usually due to your TV service provider. DVD's don't lag, do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post

I am getting ready to buy a 65" F8000 I will be wall mounting it. Are some kind of spacers required because of the staggers back surface?

The spacers are provided with the TV. You will need the #8 by about 16mm metric screws, but they should be included with the wall mount.
sammiesamson likes this.
post #6126 of 7515 Old 03-21-2014, 09:10 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson085 View Post

Automatic updating turned off and no new updates.

Hopefully this is a just a one off.

I have auto updating off as well. I have had my set for just over 2 weeks now and have noticed a restart issue myself. It has happened about 4 or 5 times. I am hesitant to call it restart as the set does not turn off, the Samsung logo stays lit, and the boot splash screen does not appear. Instead, the screen flickers off for a second and the info banner reappears at the top, It is very quick, only 2 seconds maybe, but I have noticed it. I am curious if this is what you experienced or was it an actual restart.

Energy RC-70s (2) | Energy RC-LCR | Energy CB-5s (4) | SVS PB-2000 | Pioneer VSX-1020K | Samsung UN65F8000 | PS3 | PS4 | Apple TV (2nd gen) | DirecTV HR34 HMC | Harmony Ultimate
post #6127 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
When using built-in browser is there a way to go "Full Screen" w/nothing on top? Like F11 on keyboard during IE browsing on std lap or desktop PC.
post #6128 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 03:37 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellest View Post

Why don't you forward us the detailed settings you are using and we might me able to spot something.
Regarding the lag issues, that sounds like an AMP setting. What do you have that set at?

Quote:

Laggy on channels, maybe it is your TV provider.  You say movies too, you mean like blu-ray or DVD, shouldn't lag.  Or, as belllest says, maybe it is if you have AMP on high.  I use Clear and no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

Like bellest and sideout99 said, tell us what settings you're using, and lag is usually due to your TV service provider. DVD's don't lag, do they?

I tried the settings that HPQ wrote me on the previous page but somehow I didn't like them. Then I tried the settings from this page:
http://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ue55f8000-reviewers-recommended-best-settings.1757966/
And I also don't like them.

All of the settings I tried so far has too intensive colors for my taste. So I guess I will have to keep on searching and experimenting... biggrin.gif

About the lagg problem... I spotted that sometimes it laggs when there is a slow motion and also on some transitions. Sorry but I don't know how to describe that better, hope you'll understand. This also happened when I was watching some bluray rip movie in 1080p from USB and also from PC via HDMI. One 720p movie was working amazingly..
This is happening on both the custom settings and also on factory setted picture.

The thing is that we have the same cable connection on all of the 3 TVs at home, and none of them are lagging or something and they are older LCD TVs. Even the previous TV which I had in my room didn't lagg on slow motionsetc... And I also have problems now with a bad picture on cable channels. I'm thinking if it is possible that this TV now needs a better signal or something because it's bigger and it's a Full HD? But I have the signal amplifier.

I'm just affraid that those problems are not related to the TV but the provider and maybe some bad settings.
post #6129 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 AM

Liked: 11
I think mine was a full restart. Yesterday it also completely turned off and I had to power it back on.

Deciding whether to see if it continues or do an exchange. Hate to go through the hassle.
post #6130 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 06:06 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

I think mine was a full restart. Yesterday it also completely turned off and I had to power it back on.

Deciding whether to see if it continues or do an exchange. Hate to go through the hassle.

If the unit continues to reboot that could be due to some heating issue maybe or some technical issue. I would do a return then.. my tv does not reboot at all.
How long is your return policy good for?

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #6131 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 71
sammiesamson, we can't really help you unless you specifically give us in detail what picture settings you're using. And what I'm confused about is the settings you've said to have tried actually have subdued color spaces from what the TV is fully capable of, so it's perplexing that the colors appear too intense to you. The only way we can get to the bottom of your settings concerns is for you to write out exactly what picture settings you're using right now.
sammiesamson likes this.
post #6132 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 06:07 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post

I'm just affraid that those problems are not related to the TV but the provider and maybe some bad settings.

I wonder if a professional calibration would be needed in your case to get the right settings?
sammiesamson likes this.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #6133 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 06:35 AM

I think I have two weeks still, got it from Amazon. This is my 4th TV I've tried so really don't want the hassle but also don't want a defective TV.
post #6134 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think I have two weeks still, got it from Amazon. This is my 4th TV I've tried so really don't want the hassle but also don't want a defective TV.

If it keeps rebooting for no reason, I suspect it is best to exchange.

post #6135 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Gang, is there a appreicable difference between this F8000 and the lower end F7100? I'm buying a TV today !!!
post #6136 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

Gang, is there a appreicable difference between this F8000 and the lower end F7100? I'm buying a TV today !!!

My friend has the 7100, nice set.  When I first saw it I was pretty impressed.  I since have the 8000 and now when I see his I notice the difference between the two.  Personally, I think there is an appreciable difference between the two and would recommend, if you can afford it, the extra for the 8000.

post #6137 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

My friend has the 7100, nice set.  When I first saw it I was pretty impressed.  I since have the 8000 and now when I see his I notice the difference between the two.  Personally, I think there is an appreciable difference between the two and would recommend, if you can afford it, the extra for the 8000.
For me the evolution kit, quad core processor and better CMR rate (1200 vs 700) made it worth the extra money. I watch a lot of sports and owned plasmas previously, so I was concerned about motion processing when I decided to get this LED. After watching the NCAA BB tourney the past couple of days, I know I made the right choice.
This tv is a work of art!
DRN94 and sideout99 like this.
post #6138 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

I agree with bellest, I have been watching the march madness (NCAA basketball tourney) and wow is all I can say. Like being in the stands watching the game.

post #6139 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellest View Post

For me the evolution kit, quad core processor and better CMR rate (1200 vs 700) made it worth the extra money. I watch a lot of sports and owned plasmas previously, so I was concerned about motion processing when I decided to get this LED. After watching the NCAA BB tourney the past couple of days, I know I made the right choice.
This tv is a work of art!

I was on my first cup of coffee and could not think to list WHY the 8000 is so much better.  I don't know how much the evolution kit will bring to the table.  But yes, the quad core CPU is nice and CMR are big.  Also, in talking with another friend that just bought a 7100, asking me about settings, I mentioned Smart LED.  Seems on the 7100 Smart LED is just on, there is not option, settings to adjust it, he said he doesn't see that setting to adjust.  The Micro Dimming Ultimate with Precision Black Local Dimming

bellest likes this.
post #6140 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I had my 65in f8000 panel replaced and the panel is defective. The tec has already put in a request for me to get an exchange. He also told me that panels produce in Mexico are inferior to panels produce in Korea. He said that they do sell panels in the USA produced in Korea. Does anyone have a panel made in korea?
post #6141 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:21 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

I had my 65in f8000 panel replaced and the panel is defective. The tec has already put in a request for me to get an exchange. He also told me that panels produce in Mexico are inferior to panels produce in Korea. He said that they do sell panels in the USA produced in Korea. Does anyone have a panel made in korea?

On my box, it says it was assembled in Mexico but not sure where the panel came from. Either way, for me anyways, my panel is good. I have no complaints.

post #6142 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:

My panel, a US02, was manufactured in Mexico.  Where nothing is perfect, I feel mine panel is as near perfect as can be.

post #6143 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

If my memory serves me right, the label on the back of my F8000 indicates it was manufactured in Mexico and has the TS01 panel. Do they make the panels in Korea and ship them to Mexico to be assembled with the other parts? And why would Mexico of all places be an ideal place for Samsung to assemble their TV's?
post #6144 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Exactly, the tec told me in korea they use better quality materials. On the box its sopose to say manufactured in korea. Thats how you know the panel was made there, but according to him they do sell f8000 in the USA produce in korea.
post #6145 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Exactly, the tec told me in korea they use better quality materials. On the box its sopose to say made in korea. Thats how you know the panel was made there, but according to him they do sell f8000 in the USA produce in korea.

I find that a little hard to believe, better quality materials.  I would thing no matter where assembled, the materials would be the same.  Maybe the quality control of the assembly line and things of that nature may varying, but I would not think the materials that make up the TV.

post #6146 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:35 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

In the end, I think it is lotto for panels not only for Samsung but for other brands. I have heard from other folks who have other brands and they also have differences between panels for them as well. So, in the end, it is either luck is with you or not.,

post #6147 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

In the end, I think it is lotto for panels not only for Samsung but for other brands. I have heard from other folks who have other brands and they also have differences between panels for them as well. So, in the end, it is either luck is with you or not.,

I must be a lucky punk then.  I've been happy with my set day one and even more so after making adjustments.

post #6148 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 10:50 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

My panel, a US02, was manufactured in Mexico.  Where nothing is perfect, I feel mine panel is as near perfect as can be.

Same here...

DRN, Samsung will seek out any place where labor is dirt cheap. Mexico is certainly one of those locales. As I'm sure you know, if this tv was built in North America or any country where a living wage is paid, we'd be paying double for these sets. wink.gif
post #6149 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm thinking about getting the UN75F8000. I currently have a Sharp LC-80LE632U. I'm wondering if anyone on this thread has made a similar move and what your thoughts are between the two. Any other advice is welcome. Thanks. Bob
post #6150 of 7515 Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have the 60f8000 and a 65VT50 Plasma and it comes close to the plasma as far as picture quality.The only difference is the black level which is better on the plasma.That being said I am extremely happy with my 60f8000.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page