Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 220 - AVS Forum
First ... 218  219  220 221  222  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread
phoenixone's Avatar phoenixone 07:40 PM 04-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

I was curious to see what the picture would look like at an angle. So, I took this pic of the animated tv show the kids are watching..

Granted, seeing it from the center is much much much better but to be honest, I don't see any issues from seeing it at this angle.

I'm not ashamed to say it...but........that, show, is, HILARIOUS! Lol!!!!

HPQ's Avatar HPQ 08:51 PM 04-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixone View Post

I'm not ashamed to say it...but........that, show, is, HILARIOUS! Lol!!!!

yes, we all enjoy "Teen Titans Go!"
HPQ's Avatar HPQ 08:52 PM 04-11-2014
ok, here is an angle pic of my screen taken from the left side of the tv when facing it with all the lights off in the house and the oppo main screen up.

Looks good to me but of course I would not see it from an angle point of view! smile.gif (obviously hard to distinguish things on the far right side of the tv).

I don't watch TV during the day and when I do watch TV, it is in the evening hours with all the lights turned off. House is pitch dark except for the light coming from the TV of course! smile.gif
HPQ's Avatar HPQ 08:53 PM 04-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I did eventually get it to work. It was kinda strange.. I had been trying the Browser using a mouse and a USB keyboard, and after a dozen tries still couldn't log in to my Charter account to enable ESPN3 streaming to the TV. After seeing your reply I decided to try once more using the freakin' remote. IT WORKED!!! I don't know what the issue was with the keyboard.. maybe something with the Caps in my charter password? Maybe the Capslock key on the keyboard wasn't feeding the caps properly to the browser... I dunno . . . confused.gif

Glad to see it worked! smile.gif
s_mack's Avatar s_mack 11:49 PM 04-11-2014
Quote:

I don't watch TV during the day and when I do watch TV, it is in the evening hours with all the lights turned off. House is pitch dark except for the light coming from the TV of course! smile.gif
You single handedly keep your optometry team in nice cars.
HPQ's Avatar HPQ 05:59 AM 04-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post

You single handedly keep your optometry team in nice cars.

lol! Someone needs to buy those nice cars! smile.gif
romito442's Avatar romito442 09:59 AM 04-12-2014
Anyone use the logitech k400 keyboard if so how is it?
bulgolgiman's Avatar bulgolgiman 10:56 AM 04-12-2014
Anyone know what model TH02 is?
bellest's Avatar bellest 11:10 AM 04-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgolgiman View Post

Anyone know what model TH02 is?
There is a panel version thread, prolly find it there.
bulgolgiman's Avatar bulgolgiman 10:37 AM 04-13-2014
All that is available locally is is TH02. Can't find TS01 for exchange so I guess I'll try out the TH02, dunces resources seem to indicate its a Samsung

Anyone have a TH02 f8000 that can confirm?

Thanks.
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 11:38 AM 04-13-2014
^^^
The shipping carton for the 65" that I received Friday from Amazon has "TS01" printed on the sticker. Someone had mentioned manufacturing dates, but I haven't found that printed anywhere . . .
magstang1's Avatar magstang1 11:45 AM 04-13-2014
The pictures I posted earlier are of a TS01 panel. Personally, I wouldn't be to concerned about that.
AncientAlien's Avatar AncientAlien 11:56 AM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by magstang1 View Post

The pictures I posted earlier are of a TS01 panel. Personally, I wouldn't be to concerned about that.

Samsung-Made Panels are ideal. I'd be concerned if I got an outsourced panel.
bulgolgiman's Avatar bulgolgiman 12:23 PM 04-13-2014
^^who actually has gotten a non Samsung panel on a F8000 series?
AncientAlien's Avatar AncientAlien 12:45 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:

I'm sure a few have. Samsung uses Sharp Panels in all of their larger sets, (70" +). Have you seen the differences between Samsung-Made Panels and Non?

The TH01-02 is a Samsung-Made Panel btw. The Hxxx Panels are Sharp and CHxx Panels are the least desirable.
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude 01:38 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post

Samsung uses Sharp Panels in all of their larger sets, (70" +).
No they don't. Their 75" sets use Samsung S-PVA panels.
AncientAlien's Avatar AncientAlien 01:39 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

No they don't. Their 75" sets use Samsung S-PVA panels.

Before this year?
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude 01:43 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:

Before this year?
Well, Sharp doesn't make 75" panels, so Samsung couldn't possibly be using them regardless of year. Every 75" Samsung I've ever seen has a S-PVA panel, but I've only seen a very small subset of what's out there.
AncientAlien's Avatar AncientAlien 01:51 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Well, Sharp doesn't make 75" panels, so Samsung couldn't possibly be using them regardless of year. Every 75" Samsung I've ever seen has a S-PVA panel, but I've only seen a very small subset of what's out there.

Most Samsung 60"-70" TVs, before this year, didn't have Samsung Panels in them. A lot of them were Sharp.

My mistake on the 70"+ Sharp Panel comment.

My point, it's better to have a Samsung Panel than a Non-Samsung Panel.
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude 02:04 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:

Pretty much anyone who bought a 65" F8000. All the ones I've seen in stores use non-Samsung panels.
Quote:

Most Samsung 60"-70" TVs, before this year, didn't have Samsung Panels in them. A lot of them were Sharp.
You could be right on the first part. Not sure about the 2nd part. For example, Sharp doesn't make 65" panels. So a 65" Samsung couldn't have a Sharp panel, but there are other people making 65" panels Samsung is buying. A 60" could be a Sharp, but Samsung hasn't made a lot of 60" TVs in the past. That's only in the last year or two.
Quote:
My point, it's better to have a Samsung Panel than a Non-Samsung Panel.
I'd definitely agree with that.
HPQ's Avatar HPQ 02:13 PM 04-13-2014
All this panel talk is very interesting but I have no way of knowing if my 75 inch US02 F8000 model is using a Samsung panel or a Sharp panel or someone else's panel. So far, I am very happy with it. smile.gif
bulgolgiman's Avatar bulgolgiman 02:14 PM 04-13-2014
Th
Quote:

I'm sure a few have. Samsung uses Sharp Panels in all of their larger sets, (70" +). Have you seen the differences between Samsung-Made Panels and Non?

The TH01-02 is a Samsung-Made Panel btw. The Hxxx Panels are Sharp and CHxx Panels are the least desirable.

Thank you for the info. I'm exchanging a ts01 that I have an issue with for a TH02 that was manufactured 03/31/14. Since it's a Samsung S-pva panel I'm hoping/expecting similar performance as the ts01
bellest's Avatar bellest 02:41 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:

All this panel talk is very interesting but I have no way of knowing if my 75 inch US02 F8000 model is using a Samsung panel or a Sharp panel or someone else's panel. So far, I am very happy with it. smile.gif
My 65 has a US02 panel and like you, I'm extremely pleased.
Just out of curiosity, I followed a link from the panel version thread; it states the us02 panel is an Samsung S-PVA panel.
I believe there is way too much myth and disinformation regarding good and bad panel versions. I would be willing to bet that the ratio of good to bad panels is fairly even across all versions.
stickboy2k's Avatar stickboy2k 02:50 PM 04-13-2014
PS3 connection issues.

So I experienced the issue with the PS3 not being recognized on the 65F8000.
Started up the TV and booted the PS3, which has been working great since I got the TV and got the message about it not being connected. I tried powering the PS3 off, then the TV in various sequences to no avail. The funny thing is, that the connection in the source connection icon list was not greyed out, so the TV was seeing the PS3 it just wouldn't switch and threw the error.

The PS4 worked fine via HDMI 1.

I powered the TV off at the "source" (the power strip) and then rebooted the TV and the PS3. Then after a couple tried it seems to be working again.
I have read some reports of this HDMI handshaking problem, has anyone else here encountered it, and is this addressed in a firmware update?
jedi29's Avatar jedi29 03:08 PM 04-13-2014
It seem just like yesterday I was reading a similar thread regarding the panels used for the new ( 1st Gen. ) MacBook Pro Retina display.

Some had LG`s and some had Samsung , the LG`s have a problem with temporary image retention if you use the display to bright.

I have a MBP-R and it does have an LG display and at times I too notice slight image retention , but that is the one thing I don`t lose sleep over !!

It`s technology , it`s evolving , it`s a live !! LOL

What is broke today might be fixed tomorrow , but what is busted yesterday will never be fixed , I is now out of date !

Later smile.gif

Gary 
bellest's Avatar bellest 03:48 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

It seem just like yesterday I was reading a similar thread regarding the panels used for the new ( 1st Gen. ) MacBook Pro Retina display.

Some had LG`s and some had Samsung , the LG`s have a problem with temporary image retention if you use the display to bright.

I have a MBP-R and it does have an LG display and at times I too notice slight image retention , but that is the one thing I don`t lose sleep over !!

It`s technology , it`s evolving , it`s a live !! LOL

What is broke today might be fixed tomorrow , but what is busted yesterday will never be fixed , I is now out of date !

Later smile.gif

Gary 
Well said!! (Just not so well typed lol)!
jedi29's Avatar jedi29 04:32 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellest View Post

Well said!! (Just not so well typed lol)!

O__my gosh !! I typed that ?

Not one of my better written post !!

However I am glad you got my meaning !! biggrin.gif

Later , smile.gif

G. 
magstang1's Avatar magstang1 04:45 PM 04-13-2014
If Samsung made my panel, they need to invest a bit more heavily in their quality control department.

This ones's a joke.
bulgolgiman's Avatar bulgolgiman 05:20 PM 04-13-2014
^^whats version is yours? And what's wrong with it?
mattcinders's Avatar mattcinders 06:21 PM 04-13-2014

This is a great thread!  I just spent 6 hours reading every page.

Can anyone advise me?   I'm an expat based in Thailand and I just bought a UA65F8000DK

Is this the same screen that this thread talks about, just the Asian version? - or is it a completely different screen?

I'm just wondering if I should use the settings mentioned here to configure it.  The menu's all look the same, with the same options.

Tags: Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
First ... 218  219  220 221  222  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop