post #6841 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

the uk reviews for both the h8000 and the hu8500 were on early production models. In the review they even tell you that they have now seen the full production models and they look significantly better. I'll take those reviews with a grain of salt. Wait for cnets review
I would expect the opposite. The reviewers get handpicked "golden" samples that are better than the typical consumer is going to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6842 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I own A 60F8000 and I am extremely happy with the picture quality.I won't be upgrading for at least 3 to 5 years depending how long it lasts.By then The next big thing will be out. LOL !
sc1922 likes this.
post #6843 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetamer View Post

Hi guys. I have a question about the Smart LED setting. My UN55F8000AFXZC Version US02 is missing it. My software version is T-FXPAKUC-1120.2,BT-S. It should be located between the Auto Motion Plus and the Cinema Black sub menus, but it just isn't there. Could someone from Canada with the same model check to see if that setting is present on their TV? I called Samsung, but got nowhere fast with the guy in India. I know the manual says that the setting is not supported in some regions, but the other sizes of the 8000 I looked at all had it. Is it possible that the 60, 65, and the 75 do, but the Canadian 55 doesn't? Is it the US02 panel that doesn't have it? Also, what does the BT-S at the end of the software version mean? I looked at the software version on a 75" today and the software version was the same except for the BT-S at the end of mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well I have the same issue, with that software version I do not have the smart Led function anymore, My panel es ts01, so I does not related to panel model....I do not know why 

post #6844 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 05:42 PM

Just a question for the experts. What happened if I flash a different firmware of a different country , for example I just want to flash the firmware from Mexico the has the model number UN46F8000AF , in my 46F8000 model number UN46F8000AG.. ??

post #6845 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mruschetti View Post

Just a question for the experts. What happened if I flash a different firmware of a different country , for example I just want to flash the firmware from Mexico the has the model number UN46F8000AF , in my 46F8000 model number UN46F8000AG.. ??

If you're lucky, the firmware update routine will tell you that it's the wrong firmware and it will refuse to update. smile.gif
If you're unlucky, your TV will become a brick . . . frown.gifmad.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #6846 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

Strange Samsung would even bother handing out inferior early production models to the critics who largely influence what consumers buy. Aren't the full production models readily available? Amazon is selling them, so why haven't reviewers said anything about the full production models?
It is strange because last years f8000 avsforum review was on a full production model. In the hu8500 review they said that the box was damage and the tv looked like it was shipped around before. In addition to it being an early production model. The h8000 review they said they have seen the full production models and it was significantly better. It looks like they probably couldnt wait to review a better quality model and just took what they could get. Also I've only notice the avsforum reviews were on early production models. Other review sites praise the hu8500 and for the h8000 I think avsforums is the only one that has a review out for it currently.
post #6847 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 08:22 PM

I do not know why but Samsung disables smart led function in South America models. And allso Canadian models. With the latest. Firmware,... I hate not to have that option
post #6848 of 7531 Old 04-26-2014, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

I thought that too, but the 75" we have at work is on the same firmware as mine (1120.2). The only difference in the software version is that BT-S at the end of mine. Does yours have the BT-S too? 

No mine just says v1120.
post #6849 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 05:04 AM

Liked: 10
Nice to see that Samsung makes this clear as mud. I'm still waiting for a call back from them. They said I'd get a call back in 15 to 20 minutes. That was Friday and today is Sunday. BTW, I also checked the F9000 and the new H8 sets. They still have the option in the menu with the latest firmware.
post #6850 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:

Nice to see that Samsung makes this clear as mud. I'm still waiting for a call back from them. They said I'd get a call back in 15 to 20 minutes. That was Friday and today is Sunday. BTW, I also checked the F9000 and the new H8 sets. They still have the option in the menu with the latest firmware.

Ok, keep us updated smile.gif
post #6851 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

I know there have been many posts about this, but I'm wondering whether anyone has found a fix yet? Mine still does this once every viewing session about 5-10 minutes into the session. It never does it more than once, but does it every time. It also does it regardless of which HDMI input I'm using so it's not the source. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellest View Post

I've never experienced this. Can you tell if the tv is power cycling or does it seem to be input/source related?

It's definitely not source or input related as it happens with every source/input. It's also not a power cycle - it's just like what happens when you switch to a new input. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #6852 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just sold my Sony W900a due to a scratch on the screen made worse by my dumb self, and needed a suitable replacement. An HH Gregg nearby happened to still have the F8000 in stock so I went in and agonized for an hour over the F8000 vs the UH8550 which I was able to also see. It made things worse when I saw the price difference between the two 55 inchers is a few hundred dollars. I was impressed with regular HDTV up scaling on the UH8550, didn't know what to expect. But it had odd green lines every so often that the other tv's did not have, maybe from up scaling feature or bad feed in store who knows. I don't plan to watch anything 4K for awhile and from what I've read the panel on the F8000 is actually better than the UH8550- except for resolution? I chose to go with the F8000 for the allegedly better panel / dimming / 240hz. Despite the UH8550 price drop I just couldn't justify buying a tv that I'll never take advantage of content-wise. I'm fine with blu-rays at 1080p, on a 55" screen I know 4K is a waste. By the time regular mainstream TV, hbo, sports,etc... move to 4K, which is really all I care about, newer generation 4K tv's will trounce what is out today. Made sense to me to buy the best 1080p LED I could find and enjoy it for the next few years or more. I did look at the new H8000 they had and did not care for the curved screen. Hooked up my new F8000 and I am in love with it, got lucky and have no bad pixels or banding and screen is very uniform. Until now I was a Sony guy, I just got a W800b for my bedroom and almost went with the W950b for my main set. Thanks to this forum I didn't make that mistake. The F8000 so far to my eyes looks better than my W900a did, in terms of banding, and screen uniformity. Hopefully I made the right decision choosing the F8000 over UH8550, time will tell, until then I will enjoy the heck out of this tv.
post #6853 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Welcome, jlp0209!

Glad to hear you're happy with your F8000! I very strongly believe you made a great choice. I've mentioned this else where but the newer 2014 curved flagship models from Samsung are a slight step backwards in terms of uniformity and contrast ratio coming from the F8000 and thus overall picture quality. The new 1080p Sony W950b is absolutely abysmal compared to the W900A before it but even the W900A had many quality control issues that made even its discounted price a huge gamble. The F8000 was and still is the best 1080p LED set to buy in my opinion.

I haven't had the fortune to experiment with other TV sets like you have, but I can say that TV watching has completely changed for me since I got my F8000 back in July of 2013. Everything and I mean everything is a visual treat to watch. Even commercials are a joy to watch simply because of the superbly realistic picture the F8000 produces. Game of Thrones has never been more enthralling and Top Gear UK has never been more thrilling. Sports like tennis, golf, and hockey are particular treats on the F8000 for me too. I have yet to see a top end plasma in a proper environment (pitch black room) but I can say that the F8000 gives an extremely satisfying visual experience day or night but especially during the day.

I recommend you try these settings on your F8000 for your cable box/bluray player. They incorporate a contrast ratio boost "trick" by increasing your white luminance and also uses the native color space of the panel that is more saturated than rec.709. You should also get a linear greyscale which is extremely important to achieving the coveted looking-through-a-window effect. The result should be a very realistic, natural looking picture with a little bit of extra pop to the contrast. I do have some Game Mode settings if you are interested but here are my general viewing settings:

Picture preset: Movie
Backlight 14 (I prefer 20 during the day, 5 in a pitch black room)
Contrast 100
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0 (10 max)
Color: 50
Tint: G50/G50
Picture size: Screen Fit
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
Color space Native
10p White balance Off
Gamma 0
Color tone Warm2
Digital Clean View Off
MPEG noise filter Off
HDMI Black level Low
Film Mode Auto1
Motion Plus On (LED Clear: On, Anti-Blur 10, Anti-Judder 0)
Smart LED High
Cinema Black On

White Balance:
R-Offset 24
G-Offset 24
B-Offset 24
R-Gain 32
G-Gain 42
B-Gain 50
post #6854 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 08:28 PM

@DRN94- thanks! I will give your settings a try. Even on the "movie" setting with no other major tuning the picture looks great to me. I've been watching hockey and basketball all night and the tv is just awesome so far. I'm a big hockey fan and am so relieved that there is no banding or uniformity issue on mine.
post #6855 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 PM

DRN94, I tried your settings and using "LED clear motion - on" gave me some unwanted stuttering at times. I turned it back to "off" and set anti judder to 8. I realize this creates the soap opera effect and I actually really like it. Setting AMP to "custom" with blur reduction 10 and anti judder 8 is smoother for me than the "standard" setting, it isn't as choppy when the scenes on screen change, surprisingly. Maybe it is worse and I haven't watched it enough yet, we'll see. Does turning off LED clear motion mess up the rest of your settings you listed or no?
post #6856 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 09:59 PM

All of the AMP settings are preference based for the most part. LED Clear Motion is the feature that drastically improves the motion resolution. Anti-blur is post processing that tries to reduce the inherent motion blur in the content and anti-judder is added frame interpolation. I'm more sensitive to the blocking artifacts of anti-judder than I am to the slight stutter with LED Clear Motion on but its all preference really.

I honestly haven't really experimented with AMP settings all too much. I enjoy the 23/24hz look of film over the buttery smooth anti-judder but anti-judder can make content look more realistic. But overall it has no bearing on the other settings.

I too have nearly perfect uniformity on my 55" TS01 panel. I did notice slight pinching during the winter but now that the weather is warming the uniformity is pristine. If you really want to be blown away by the black level of the F8000, watch Gravity. I took a picture of it on max backlight a while ago. Stunning black level for an LED.

post #6857 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 10:55 PM

I have just bought 40F8000 and as you can see in the pics I have an odd problem in dark moving scenes. Skin tones have red ghosting effect I dont know how to describe it. No matter what I tried , I couldnt solve this problem. see the red color on the arrow and on the right side of the face. I have this problem even in satellite :(

post #6858 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirangin View Post

I have just bought 40F8000 and as you can see in the pics I have an odd problem in dark moving scenes. Skin tones have red ghosting effect I dont know how to describe it. No matter what I tried , I couldnt solve this problem. see the red color on the arrow and on the right side of the face. I have this problem even in satellite frown.gif

Looks like a defect. If you just bought it I would exchange it.
post #6859 of 7531 Old 04-27-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:

Hi guys. I have a question about the Smart LED setting. My UN55F8000AFXZC Version US02 is missing it. My software version is T-FXPAKUC-1120.2,BT-S. It should be located between the Auto Motion Plus and the Cinema Black sub menus, but it just isn't there. Could someone from Canada with the same model check to see if that setting is present on their TV? I called Samsung, but got nowhere fast with the guy in India. I know the manual says that the setting is not supported in some regions, but the other sizes of the 8000 I looked at all had it. Is it possible that the 60, 65, and the 75 do, but the Canadian 55 doesn't? Is it the US02 panel that doesn't have it? Also, what does the BT-S at the end of the software version mean? I looked at the software version on a 75" today and the software version was the same except for the BT-S at the end of mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same Canadian model, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have Smart LED feature. Smart LED controls the "Precision Black" feature, which has never been advertised on the Canadian and European versions of the F8000. (There are actually a couple people complaining about this in the comments section of the Future Shop website.) I really don't know why Samsung decided to give Canadian and European customers the short end of the stick. 

FWIW, I have a US01 panel. Firmware is T-FXPAKUC-1120.2, BT-S/G. When I bought it, it automatically updated to 1119.1 BT-S, and it didn't have Smart LED then, either. Whether it had Smart LED before, I don't know. I wish I wasn't so quick to upgrade the firmware when I bought the TV.

jdip, do you have a Canadian model (AFXZC) as well? Curious to know if you had the Smart LED option with a Canadian model. If so, what's your panel (US02, TS01, TH01-02, etc...)?

post #6860 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:

Welcome, jlp0209!

Glad to hear you're happy with your F8000! I very strongly believe you made a great choice. I've mentioned this else where but the newer 2014 curved flagship models from Samsung are a slight step backwards in terms of uniformity and contrast ratio coming from the F8000 and thus overall picture quality. The new 1080p Sony W950b is absolutely abysmal compared to the W900A before it but even the W900A had many quality control issues that made even its discounted price a huge gamble. The F8000 was and still is the best 1080p LED set to buy in my opinion.

I haven't had the fortune to experiment with other TV sets like you have, but I can say that TV watching has completely changed for me since I got my F8000 back in July of 2013. Everything and I mean everything is a visual treat to watch. Even commercials are a joy to watch simply because of the superbly realistic picture the F8000 produces. Game of Thrones has never been more enthralling and Top Gear UK has never been more thrilling. Sports like tennis, golf, and hockey are particular treats on the F8000 for me too. I have yet to see a top end plasma in a proper environment (pitch black room) but I can say that the F8000 gives an extremely satisfying visual experience day or night but especially during the day.

I recommend you try these settings on your F8000 for your cable box/bluray player. They incorporate a contrast ratio boost "trick" by increasing your white luminance and also uses the native color space of the panel that is more saturated than rec.709. You should also get a linear greyscale which is extremely important to achieving the coveted looking-through-a-window effect. The result should be a very realistic, natural looking picture with a little bit of extra pop to the contrast. I do have some Game Mode settings if you are interested but here are my general viewing settings:

Contrast 100
Color: 50
Tint: G50/G50
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
Color space Native
10p White balance Off
Gamma 0
Color tone Warm2
Digital Clean View Off
MPEG noise filter Off
HDMI Black level Low
Film Mode Auto1
Smart LED High
Cinema Black On

White Balance:
R-Offset 24
G-Offset 24
B-Offset 24
R-Gain 32
G-Gain 42
B-Gain 50

DRN94. Are you still watching your TV with Standard Picture mode during the day ?? , If I switch mine to movie mode I have like a greenish tint or like a wash picture effect.. Also my blacks are not as deeper as in Standard mode..My particular mode does not have the Smart Led Function so I believe that Stardard mode has the micro dimming enabled by default. DAMM, I wish I could have that option in my picture settings,  but I only have Cinema Black, Low, Medium or High...

The movie mode gave me washed colors with warm2 color tone, also like a Yelow or greenish tint that I can't get rid off. Standard mode give me vivid colors, deeper blacks and also less bleeding.. 

post #6861 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mruschetti View Post

DRN94. Are you still watching your TV with Standard Picture mode during the day ?? , If I switch mine to movie mode I have like a greenish tint or like a wash picture effect.. Also my blacks are not as deeper as in Standard mode..My particular mode does not have the Smart Led Function so I believe that Stardard mode has the micro dimming enabled by default. DAMM, I wish I could have that option in my picture settings,  but I only have Cinema Black, Low, Medium or High...

The movie mode gave me washed colors with warm2 color tone, also like a Yelow or greenish tint that I can't get rid off. Standard mode give me vivid colors, deeper blacks and also less bleeding.. 

I used to use Standard Mode but found the picture too bluish and too cool of a temperature compared to Movie Mode so I've recently switched.

I'm not sure what settings you're using but Warm2 is the closest color tone to the D6500K color temperature standard that all content is mastered to. The yellowish/greenish tint you're referring to is an error in your White Balance settings, not the Movie Mode itself. Your green and red gain are too high most likely. Pull up "Expert Pattern 1" in your Advanced Picture Settings to pull up the greyscale. If your greyscale is noticeably tinted with green/red then you need to adjust the RGB gain in the White Balance accordingly until your greyscale looks a neutral, colorless grey. Let's keep in mind that Movie Mode White Balance settings do not at all relate to Standard Mode White Balance settings so your numbers between the two modes will differ.

For the American F8000, the only difference between Standard Mode and Movie Mode is the White Balance. Standard is a natively cooler color tone than Movie Mode. Some people prefer the cooler color temperature of Standard but it's not as realistic as Movie Mode's warmer color temperature. For the American version at least, black level, micro dimming, Smart LED, and Cinema Black are identical between the two modes.

I'm curious though, the American F8000 can only turn Cinema Black to On or Off and Smart LED can be turned on from Off, Low, Standard, and High. I'm wondering if Cinema Black controls both Cinema Black and Smart LED under one setting for the other models.
post #6862 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Here are my settings

Picture preset: Standard

Backlight 8 (I prefer 14 during the day, 5 in a pitch black room)

Contrast 80

Color: 50 Tint: alos I used 48 

G50/G50

Dynamic Contrast Off

Black Tone Off

Flesh Tone 0

Color space Native or AUTO 

10p White balance Off

Gamma 0

Color tone Warm1

Digital Clean View Off

MPEG noise filter Off

HDMI Black level Low

Film Mode Off (this option is grey out for me)

Smart LED I dont have this option on my TV 

Cinema Black Medium

White Balance: R-Offset 24 G-Offset 23 B-Offset 25 R-Gain 15 G-Gain 0 B-Gain 50

If I used Movie mode the picture looks like washed and dull, also the backlight is more noticable. I think that Standard mode has the microdimming option turn on by default.... I do not have Smart led function on my TV, so I could not manage the backlight bleed on the righ lower corner of my set. Instead I lower my backlight option to 8 . Doing this I think that contrast ratio suffers. I do manage my White balanced with your tutorial, using  the expert pattern, as you described. I could not manage to achieve a brillant picture with movie mode ..I would try your movie mode settings later, ..

Thank you 

post #6863 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 08:54 AM

The contrast ratio does not change with different backlight settings. My Standard Mode and Movie Mode are practically identical except for the color temperature being cooler on Standard Mode. I'm not sure why Movie Mode looks "washed and dull" to you because for me Movie Mode looks just as great as Standard Mode in terms of black level, contrast, and color. Movie Mode simply looks more realistic given the warmer color temperature being closer to the D6500K standard. Perhaps each F8000 version is different in this regard.
post #6864 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:

The contrast ratio does not change with different backlight settings. My Standard Mode and Movie Mode are practically identical except for the color temperature being cooler on Standard Mode. I'm not sure why Movie Mode looks "washed and dull" to you because for me Movie Mode looks just as great as Standard Mode in terms of black level, contrast, and color. Movie Mode simply looks more realistic given the warmer color temperature being closer to the D6500K standard. Perhaps each F8000 version is different in this regard.

What dotes the smart LED función do ???. Dotes it chance tour black levels por backlight bleed ??? .i am from brazil abd microdimming only worms with standard picture preset. I am going to try tour movie settings as son as i arrived home. Thank you for you help.
post #6865 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 AM

No problem. I'm not really helpful not having seen or experimented with the Brazilian or other international models of the F8000 so I'm not sure how they behave between the picture modes.

Smart LED dims rectangular sections of the screen depending on what is on screen. If there is a dark scene with a bright object, the LED's will dim for the darker sections of the scene and brighten up for the section the bright object is in. This increases the perceived contrast by deepening the black level and keeping brighter elements of the scene at normal brightness. Micro-dimming will dim/brighten the entire screen rather than certain sections.

Perhaps the micro-dimming is turned off on Movie Mode for the Brazilian version of the F8000. The most important thing is using the picture settings that you like the most. It varies from personal preference and what national version of the F8000 you have. So if Standard Mode looks better than Movie Mode to you, then use Standard Mode. Nothing wrong with that, especially if certain features are turned off on Movie Mode for the Brazilian version.
post #6866 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 10:37 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:

Contrast 100
White Balance:
R-Offset 24
G-Offset 24
B-Offset 24
R-Gain 32
G-Gain 42
B-Gain 50

That is my kind of guy!! I also believe that the F8000 in Movie mode can benefit from the contrast ratio boost trick. I also practiced it in Movie mode (see http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/4830#post_24328419), and I also saw reports from David Mackenzie on hdtvtest doing it.
However, I have an uneasy feeling that in order to do it , you should do a calibration with a meter.
As an example, I did it also pushing up contrast by increasing contrast setting to 100, and increasing white balance RGB gain to 35, 44, 36. (with a calibrated meter).
My gain settings are different from DRN94, but I have an European model, and DRN94 has North American I think. That, and variance from panel to panel, could make a difference, and especially if you do the contrast boost trick. I have an uneasy feeling if someone takes over somebody else's calibrated settings, and especially if contrast boosting is done. But I cannot prove this. In case of doubt, increase contrast setting to 100, and leave the white balance gain at default 25, 25 , 25.
DRN94: can you publish your greyscale at these boosted setting?
post #6867 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman123 View Post

DRN94: can you publish your greyscale at these boosted setting?

Of course! I can take a picture of my greyscale later tonight when I have time. I focus on greyscale linearity rather than the absolute correct temperature given I'm only making adjustments by eye. Regardless of what color temperature people prefer (cool or warm) I think greyscale linearity is the single most important thing to be concerned with, especially for those who do not have meters.
post #6868 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Amazon has dropped the price of the 65" to a shade under $3k. I'm not sure if the other screen sizes have dropped as well...
A bit too late for me to get money back on the Amazon price guarantee though . . . frown.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #6869 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 05:16 PM

So I heard back from Samsung today and they said that the Canadian F8000 does not have the Smart LED feature. When I asked why it was that the 75" had it, he told me it didn't. I explained to him I was looking at it in the menu right in front of me and that it was the same panel version. I even offered to send him a picture. He said he would look into it further and would get back to me. Curious what they tell me next time.
post #6870 of 7531 Old 04-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Thus far i've been extremely happy with the t.v. The only thing it does not seem to do well is when the screen is primarily black on the sides and a bright image is in the center. You can see the limitations of the edge lighting in these instances given the black will cloud ever so lightly. Very seldom is it bad enough to be distracting so far. This is something only I notice so far, my wife never notices it and my guests don't either. Having spent $4400 on the t.v. it is a bit disappointing but I guess its a compromise of the edge lit setup. My t.v. is the 75" version, perhaps it suffers more from this than the other smaller sets. It is the US02 panel and while i'd really like to make this issue stop I'm not willing to swap t.v.s or anything like that. I'm using DNR94's std settings and bounce back between std and movie. If I turn the backlight down from 20 where it is set for most of our viewing it gets better but the loss of pop does not justify the reduction in this clouding so far.

Other than that the picture really is outstanding. Regarding the AMP the only setting I can deal with so far is clear. This does not allow for the LED motion setting to be selected nor the anti blur or judder settings as they become grayed out when the t.v. is set on clear. I would assume this is normal? If I change the setting to any other setting pitchers and batters during baseball games judder real bad.

29 Litres of Infinite Baffle Bliss. Oh, and the rest of the setup isn't too shabby either!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page