Forum Jump: 

post #7111 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestboy1 View Post

Thanks guys. I am in Canada, so I don't have that option. Just trying to find a setting to watch sports (baseball and hockey). I tried using dynamic mode for sports, but the colors and picture just don't seem right. I find that last years model (ES8000) had much better colors and pictures in the dynamic mode compared to the current years model F8000.

Does anybody have settings for sports, that makes the picture and color pop on this set. If so please post it or pm it to me. What settings are most of you guys using to watch sports. Under the "Movie" mode the sports picture looks dull and dim, but the colors are ok.

Are people using "Movie" mode only for watching movies, or also using the "Movie" mode for all of their TV viewings. Just looking for some opinions, so I can get best out of this set.

Thanks for all the help.

Please anybody can help me with Sports settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestboy1 View Post

Please anybody can help me with Sports settings?

You should probably rephrase your question to something less general. Like...

When I watch sports I'm having a problem with (insert issue here). What image settings should I change to help improve this situation?

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #7113 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

Angle viewing is not very good on LED TV's, period! That is the nature of LED TV. Plasma TV is great at Angle viewing on the other hand.

The issue with Plasma as you mentioned is the buzzing and for some sets the image retention. You have to pick your poison. No TV is perfect and all will have some type of issue that the end consumer has to live with. smile.gif

Thanks HPQ, flashlight effect and clouding are common issues with the F-8000 LED?
post #7114 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Know all about Samsung F Series TV, some interesting info about the triple protection.

http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integrated/popup/FaqDetailPopup3.jsp?seq=998493&cdsite=in&status=S
post #7115 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 05:59 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary777 View Post

Thanks HPQ, flashlight effect and clouding are common issues with the F-8000 LED?

Clouding for sure is but with various settings, you can minimize it greatly. Note you will see clouding to one degree or another on all edge lit tv. As for flash lighting, I don't have it but some have reported it. Again another item for edge lit led tv.

Best way to get away from all those negatives is to get full array led but they are expensive and not many manufacturers are making them due to the high costs and low demand due to the price tag.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #7116 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 06:12 PM

$2K is about my limit. I'll go with either the F8000 or F8500 from BB, if I don't like one I'll return it for the other..
post #7117 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:

$2K is about my limit. I'll go with either the F8000 or F8500 from BB, if I don't like one I'll return it for the other..

Sounds like a great plan.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #7118 of 7844 Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Has any owners purchased a wireless headset? I would like to get one when others don't want to hear the speakers and I have been searching on amazon and came across "Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphone with Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound". Anybody get these or what brands have you guys purchased? I can plug the base into the headset input on the front of my NAD receiver and then walk away and listen via the headset. Any thoughts?

post #7119 of 7844 Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 PM

Liked: 24
My thoughts....NAD is good stuff and although I've never owned them, by reputation, it seems hard to go wrong with Sennheiser headphones.
post #7120 of 7844 Old 05-28-2014, 06:44 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

My thoughts....NAD is good stuff and although I've never owned them, by reputation, it seems hard to go wrong with Sennheiser headphones.

The reviews on the Sennheiser are very good on the amazon site. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

post #7121 of 7844 Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

I am wrestling with getting an F-8000 led or a F-8500 plasma. I have seen both at Best Buy and like the PQ of both, however my main concern is at what viewing angle does the picture degrade.

It's about 30 degrees total. 15 degrees to either side of center before it really starts to fall off.

-SiGGy
post #7122 of 7844 Old 05-29-2014, 02:54 PM

^ Thanks SIGGy....
post #7123 of 7844 Old 05-30-2014, 02:23 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Has any owners purchased a wireless headset? I would like to get one when others don't want to hear the speakers and I have been searching on amazon and came across "Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphone with Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound". Anybody get these or what brands have you guys purchased? I can plug the base into the headset input on the front of my NAD receiver and then walk away and listen via the headset. Any thoughts?

I picked these exact ones up a few months back and have been very happy with them. I'm not sure how far you're going to be walking away but the range on mine is more or less 30 feet before it starts cutting in and out intermittently. I don't know how the heck they can say 260 ft. but there is a wall between me and them after 20 or so feet. My bedroom is something like 22' long so I rarely ever run in to it unless I'm leaving the room.  As with any headset if you have it loud enough others can hear but they're not an open pair so it's significantly less noise than the RS 180 for example. Still, at $200 it may be a little overkill but like I said I enjoy them a lot and can watch TV in the room at night again so they were definitely worth it for me!

I paid I think $190 for mine from Amazon so it's a bit more now but they do have a pair for $165 as Used -Very Good. I've had pretty good luck with Very Good or Like New items. 

Only real knock on them from what I read was they only offer a headset input. No optical, etc.. You had to buy the $400-$500 pair if you wanted that. For me I didn't really care as I just plugged them in to the headset jack. 

post #7124 of 7844 Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJaa View Post

I picked these exact ones up a few months back and have been very happy with them. I'm not sure how far you're going to be walking away but the range on mine is more or less 30 feet before it starts cutting in and out intermittently. I don't know how the heck they can say 260 ft. but there is a wall between me and them after 20 or so feet. My bedroom is something like 22' long so I rarely ever run in to it unless I'm leaving the room.  As with any headset if you have it loud enough others can hear but they're not an open pair so it's significantly less noise than the RS 180 for example. Still, at $200 it may be a little overkill but like I said I enjoy them a lot and can watch TV in the room at night again so they were definitely worth it for me!

I paid I think $190 for mine from Amazon so it's a bit more now but they do have a pair for $165 as Used -Very Good. I've had pretty good luck with Very Good or Like New items. 

Only real knock on them from what I read was they only offer a headset input. No optical, etc.. You had to buy the $400-$500 pair if you wanted that. For me I didn't really care as I just plugged them in to the headset jack. 

Thanks for the details. I have my NAD receiver in the back of my game room and the sofa is near the front facing the other side of the room (see my signature pic for more)... Luckily there is no wall inbetween. I just need something that I can use when the kids are sleeping so that I don't have to crack up the sound on the speakers.. smile.gif

The price is still kind of high. I will check it out during the thanksgiving holidays and/or xmas holidays. Glad to hear you enjoyed the headsets you got.

post #7125 of 7844 Old 05-30-2014, 07:24 PM

99.% of my viewing is done via DVR's. I saw this at CNET's review. Under The Bad they did not elaborate or say why. I don't even know what them are referring to stating "cable box control scheme still inadequate for heavy DVR users" Well that's me...

Your opinions most welcome regarding the DVR comment under The Bad....

CNET Editors' Rating
4 stars Excellent

Updated on: Sep. 23, 2013

The Good The Samsung UNF8000 LED LCD TV delivers excellent picture quality with deep black levels, accurate color, effective video processing and a uniform screen; stunning minimalist design with hairline bezel and low-profile stealth stand; mind-boggling feature list with touch-pad remote, IR blaster with cable box control, four pairs of 3D glasses, motion and voice command, and the industry's most capable Smart TV platform.

The Bad Extremely expensive; wide stand; cable box control scheme still inadequate for heavy DVR users.

The Bottom Line The excellent yet expensive Samsung UNF8000 is a tour de force of LED LCD TV design, features, and picture quality.
post #7126 of 7844 Old 05-31-2014, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

99.% of my viewing is done via DVR's. I saw this at CNET's review. Under The Bad they did not elaborate or say why. I don't even know what them are referring to stating "cable box control scheme still inadequate for heavy DVR users" Well that's me...

Your opinions most welcome regarding the DVR comment under The Bad....

CNET Editors' Rating
4 stars Excellent

Updated on: Sep. 23, 2013

The Good The Samsung UNF8000 LED LCD TV delivers excellent picture quality with deep black levels, accurate color, effective video processing and a uniform screen; stunning minimalist design with hairline bezel and low-profile stealth stand; mind-boggling feature list with touch-pad remote, IR blaster with cable box control, four pairs of 3D glasses, motion and voice command, and the industry's most capable Smart TV platform.

The Bad Extremely expensive; wide stand; cable box control scheme still inadequate for heavy DVR users.

The Bottom Line The excellent yet expensive Samsung UNF8000 is a tour de force of LED LCD TV design, features, and picture quality.

I read that as well, they were referring to using the Samsung smart remote to control your DVR, nothing PQ related. I don't mind using my cable remote to switch channels/control DVR, so it wasn't an issue for me.
post #7127 of 7844 Old 05-31-2014, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 10

God this is still bothering me. I have a replacement TV which I can notice clouding on the boot screen. I rememeber on my first set that I was able to remove it somehow or maybe it just wasnt there.

Does anyone not see clouding/flashlighting when booting up? Even if you have boot up turned off you do see a black screen for a bit. 

I know this is dumb, but I'm just curious. 

post #7128 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 04:22 AM

Liked: 12

Hello again guys.

I would like to ask one question again...

Did anyone else maybe ever experienced that his F8000 just turned on by its self?

That's happening with my F8000, and it seems like it's random. It happened 4 times for now (today was the 4th time).

First I thought that I might be crazy because of looking too much in the PC, but also my brother and dad spotted it. It's really frightening, lol.

I'm wondering if the TV is crazy or maybe just too smart. :D

Ohh, and the other thing that I noticed is, that since the last update (I think I'm on 1118 now) I can't check for the updates anymore. The update option is greyish now, like I can't touch it anymore...

I would be really grateful if someone has any clues about that weird stuff.

P.S.: Sorry for my sloppy English.

Thanks!

post #7129 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 06:19 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post

Hello again guys.

I would like to ask one question again...

Did anyone else maybe ever experienced that his F8000 just turned on by its self?
That's happening with my F8000, and it seems like it's random. It happened 4 times for now (today was the 4th time).
First I thought that I might be crazy because of looking too much in the PC, but also my brother and dad spotted it. It's really frightening, lol.
I'm wondering if the TV is crazy or maybe just too smart. biggrin.gif

Ohh, and the other thing that I noticed is, that since the last update (I think I'm on 1118 now) I can't check for the updates anymore. The update option is greyish now, like I can't touch it anymore...

I would be really grateful if someone has any clues about that weird stuff.

P.S.: Sorry for my sloppy English.

Thanks!

Most likely your updates is active and that is why it is restarting all the time. you can turn it off via the menu for auto update. So, turn it off. smile.gif

When you see the updates gray, that usually means the internet connection is not there. Are you using hard wire for internet or wi-fi?
sammiesamson likes this.

post #7130 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 06:22 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigsberg7 View Post

God this is still bothering me. I have a replacement TV which I can notice clouding on the boot screen. I rememeber on my first set that I was able to remove it somehow or maybe it just wasnt there.

Does anyone not see clouding/flashlighting when booting up? Even if you have boot up turned off you do see a black screen for a bit.

I know this is dumb, but I'm just curious.

I turned off the initial screen.

You can minimize the clouding/banding with backlight.

movie mode
backlight: 6 or 3 (this will depend on your liking)
contrast: 90
brightness: 45
sharpness: 0
color: 50
tint: 50/50
picture: screen fit
Advance mode:
dynamic contrast: off
black tone: off
flesh tone: 0
RGB only mode: off
color space: native
white balance: 23 23 25 16 25 27
gamma: 0
picture option: warm2
film: auto2
smart led: high
cinema black: on
auto motion plus: clear

post #7131 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:

Most likely your updates is active and that is why it is restarting all the time. you can turn it off via the menu for auto update. So, turn it off. smile.gif

When you see the updates gray, that usually means the internet connection is not there. Are you using hard wire for internet or wi-fi?

Can you please point me out where I can turn that off? To be honest, I don't understand you well, what you mean. :o 

EDIT:

Don't know how, but the updates are not grey anymore, so that's ok. Hope this will help with turning on the TV automatically?

post #7132 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

see below.

menu: Support - Software Update - Auto Update (Turn this off).

pictures were taken by the iphone camera. Sorry for the poor images.

updates not gray means it found the internet connection. Sometimes when your tv is just turned on, it takes a while for it to find that internet connection.
sammiesamson likes this.

post #7133 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I turned off the initial screen.

You can minimize the clouding/banding with backlight.

movie mode
backlight: 6 or 3 (this will depend on your liking)
contrast: 90
brightness: 45
sharpness: 0
color: 50
tint: 50/50
picture: screen fit
Advance mode:
dynamic contrast: off
black tone: off
flesh tone: 0
RGB only mode: off
color space: native
white balance: 23 23 25 16 25 27
gamma: 0
picture option: warm2
film: auto2
smart led: high
cinema black: on
auto motion plus: clear

Clouding or backlight when you turn on your TV is normal and you can't control that reducing the backlight option . Mine has too . Do not pay attention to that enjoy your TV,. This is a LED TV and as such has Pros and Cons, . If you cant stand clouding just buy an LCD or a Full led TV. 

post #7134 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 09:44 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mruschetti View Post

Clouding or backlight when you turn on your TV is normal and you can't control that reducing the backlight option . Mine has too . Do not pay attention to that enjoy your TV,. This is a LED TV and as such has Pros and Cons, . If you cant stand clouding just buy an LCD or a Full led TV. 

I agree. The backlight is for regular viewing. smile.gif

post #7135 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:

see below.

menu: Support - Software Update - Auto Update (Turn this off).

pictures were taken by the iphone camera. Sorry for the poor images.

updates not gray means it found the internet connection. Sometimes when your tv is just turned on, it takes a while for it to find that internet connection.

I have this set to Off. So I guess this isn't the reason for turning the TV on sometimes?

Hope you understand.

post #7136 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Hello, Everyone

When I boot up my Samsung I get the picture in the top left corner and a bunch of media stuff on the bottom. I usually have to press enter to go full screen. Is there a way to go straight to full picture?
post #7137 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 01:01 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy10 View Post

Hello, Everyone

When I boot up my Samsung I get the picture in the top left corner and a bunch of media stuff on the bottom. I usually have to press enter to go full screen. Is there a way to go straight to full picture?

Can you upload a picture?

post #7138 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 01:03 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have this set to Off. So I guess this isn't the reason for turning the TV on sometimes?

Hope you understand.

If the update is turned off and the tv turns off and on, then something else is set. maybe sleep timer?

If not, then it is a warranty issue then.

post #7139 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:

If the update is turned off and the tv turns off and on, then something else is set. maybe sleep timer?

If not, then it is a warranty issue then.

The TV is only turning on automatically sometimes. Luckily it's not turning off.

Ufortunatelly I neither have any timers set On.
post #7140 of 7844 Old 06-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

The TV is only turning on automatically sometimes. Luckily it's not turning off.

Ufortunatelly I neither have any timers set On.
Switch off voice control I'm pretty sure that was doing it one mine. Now has anyone found a way to stop the TV switching off the STB when it is turned off? I want to use tr standard remapping of remote buttons to change channels etc using the IR blaster but my STB feeds several TVs so I want it on always. Help appreciated!
bellest and sammiesamson like this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page