Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

That's what I've been doing, but you shouldn't have to pair them each time you use them - pairing them once should be enough. The instructions say once paired, the next time you use them you only need to hold down the button for a second and a green light will come on to show they are powered on. That second part is the part that doesn't work for me. I'm actually more concerned with turning them off in order to save battery power. How do you turn them off?

i just hold the power button until the lenses dim. or until the lcd displays they are connected.
when i am done with the glasses i remove the battery , then store them back in the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post

I think they turn off automatically when the TV is no longer displaying 3D. You'll notice that the glasses no longer dim what you are seeing.
Okay, thanks. I guess the manual must be wrong. It does make sense that they should auto turn off.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #723 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:

How do you turn them off?

Push the button once. A red light flashes.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #724 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Push the button once. A red light flashes.
Hmmm - that doesn't work for me. When I push the button, nothing happens. Then, if I push it a tiny bit longer, it basically just pairs the glasses again. This happens with all my glasses. Strange that they would all be defective. Any thoughts?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #725 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 326
How about trying push and hold the button until the red light illuminates. Release the button. Red light goes out in a couple of seconds. Look through them and ascertain that they are no longer in the 3D mode.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #726 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 PM

Liked: 10
I will be getting a Denon 1913 receiver and a F8000 (or ES8000) and have been reading alot of posts regarding Denon receivers having issues with F8000 TV's. I do have a Toslink optical cable from Monoprice, will this solve any/all problems between the 2?
From my reading it seems like this is the answer, but I am not positive.
Thanks!
post #727 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ555 View Post

I will be getting a Denon 1913 receiver and a F8000 (or ES8000) and have been reading alot of posts regarding Denon receivers having issues with F8000 TV's. I do have a Toslink optical cable from Monoprice, will this solve any/all problems between the 2?
Thanks!

Since most of the problems seem to stem from people attempting to use the ARC feature, using an optical cable instead should indeed be less of a pain in the a**. Just make sure not to engage the HDMI control feature on the set. I forget what Samsung calls it.
post #728 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

How about trying push and hold the button until the red light illuminates. Release the button. Red light goes out in a couple of seconds. Look through them and ascertain that they are no longer in the 3D mode.
When I do that, all that happens is I get a message on the TV that the 3D glasses are connected. So far I've only put batteries in 2 pair of glasses, but that is happening with both.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #729 of 7428 Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ555 View Post

Thanks!

I have a denon and no issue with the F8000. I am running a toslink cord as well for smart hub features...arc & anynet seem to be to much of a PITA for me.

I did discover that skype doesn't allow you to use external speakers during calls though...lame.
post #730 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm wondering whether anyone has thoughts on which of the following would be the better setup (or if there really isn't a benefit to one over the other):

1. DirecTV STB via HDMI to Samsung and DirecTV digital sound from the DTV STB to my Denon 2309 A/V Receiver (the DTV STB only has digital coax), or

2. DTV STB via HDMI to my A/V Receiver and A/V Receiver to Samsung via HDMI.

My primary reason for option 1 is, since the Denon is an older receiver, I'm not sure whether the Denon can pass through full HD 1080p 3D etc since it isn't HDMI 1.4 capable, and I also want to avoid any picture degradation (although I don't think that's an issue with a digital picture?). I'm not worried at all about the number of cables running from the Samsung since they are all easily hidden. Any thoughts?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #731 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

I'm wondering whether anyone has thoughts on which of the following would be the better setup (or if there really isn't a benefit to one over the other):

1. DirecTV STB via HDMI to Samsung and DirecTV digital sound from the DTV STB to my Denon 2309 A/V Receiver (the DTV STB only has digital coax), or

My primary reason for option 1 is, since the Denon is an older receiver, I'm not sure whether the Denon can pass through full HD 1080p 3D etc since it isn't HDMI 1.4 capable, and I also want to avoid any picture degradation (although I don't think that's an issue with a digital picture?). I'm not worried at all about the number of cables running from the Samsung since they are all easily hidden. Any thoughts?

I use #1 with my setup, but I'm not sure how much actual difference it makes. I just like keeping wiring runs short, and keeping signals isolated from each other. But I have different gear, and YMMV.

Dave

post #732 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I always prefer to route all the audio and video through the receiver if possible. It just makes everything so much more convenient. If your Denon won't properly pass the signals, however, you have no choice but to use it only for sound. I suggest you pose your question in one of the Denon threads where people are more familiar with the specs.
post #733 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

I use the digital coax from Genie to receiver for sound and HDMI from Genie to TV for video. If your receiver is not 3D pass through that's what you have to do. Mine is 3D and 4K capable but no 3D TV yet. Plus, I don't think you're going to get a wide variety of sound codecs from Directv or any cable/sat provider other than DD 5.1 so you're not missing out on anything by not having it hooked up via HDMI.
post #734 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

I use the digital coax from Genie to receiver for sound and HDMI from Genie to TV for video. If your receiver is not 3D pass through that's what you have to do. Mine is 3D and 4K capable but no 3D TV yet. Plus, I don't think you're going to get a wide variety of sound codecs from Directv or any cable/sat provider other than DD 5.1 so you're not missing out on anything by not having it hooked up via HDMI.
I also have the Genie and that was my gut. Thanks for re-affirming. While there isn't a lot of 3D content on D*, unless I change my A/V receiver you've now confirmed that my only option is option 1. Given that my Denon is a pretty decent receiver, and that I only use it for TV and movies, I can't think of any reason to upgrade it right now - unless I want to go with ARC, but I don't think that's worth it at all.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #735 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also have the Genie and that was my gut. Thanks for re-affirming. While there isn't a lot of 3D content on D*, unless I change my A/V receiver you've now confirmed that my only option is option 1. Given that my Denon is a pretty decent receiver, and that I only use it for TV and movies, I can't think of any reason to upgrade it right now - unless I want to go with ARC, but I don't think that's worth it at all.

In my experience, ARC is more trouble than it's worth.
post #736 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Agree with gweempose, ARC is more trouble than it's worth. Your setup is fine. Not to get off topic but do you ever hear popping noises through your system when watching a movie on D*? Whenever the sound is loud, (gunshots/explosions), there will be small popping noises. I was worried that it might be my speakers but I turned them off and rewound and listened to just the TV speakers and it was still there. I also went a step further and used our bedroom TV and the same popping noises were there. I know it's not the speakers but was curious if any other D* users had experienced the same issue.
post #737 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Agree with gweempose, ARC is more trouble than it's worth. Your setup is fine. Not to get off topic but do you ever hear popping noises through your system when watching a movie on D*? Whenever the sound is loud, (gunshots/explosions), there will be small popping noises. I was worried that it might be my speakers but I turned them off and rewound and listened to just the TV speakers and it was still there. I also went a step further and used our bedroom TV and the same popping noises were there. I know it's not the speakers but was curious if any other D* users had experienced the same issue.

Hmmm - I don't recall ever hearing any popping noises.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #738 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hmmm - I don't recall ever hearing any popping noises.

I'll check with the Directv Thread.
post #739 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Sounds like something to do with the audio compression. I had this problem when TV service was compressing NCIS to far and every bomb/bullet it would crackle(and a bomb is in their intro of the show...)
post #740 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM

Finally got the un60f8000. Horrible flash lighting on the sides. I am so disappointed. Black levels on the top and bottom bars are gray too.
post #741 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeso View Post

Finally got the un60f8000. Horrible flash lighting on the sides. I am so disappointed. Black levels on the top and bottom bars are gray too.

Did you engage Cinema Black/Local Dimming?
post #742 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I got mine too today and I a dissappointed too. Picture quality isn't as good as 55" . Picture seemed to be washed out and lot of picture stutter in fast moving shots.

post #743 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM

Liked: 10
Guys I need some honest opinions. Is this set $500 better than the es8000. I really want to jump on the bestbuy sale, but not if this tv is that much better.
post #744 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post

Guys I need some honest opinions. Is this set $500 better than the es8000. I really want to jump on the bestbuy sale, but not if this tv is that much better.

There's a loaded question. You won't find a consensus around here.

You really need to see them in a store and decide that for yourself.

Dave

post #745 of 7428 Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post

You have been jumping from the ES to F7100, and 7500 and now 8000. I'd say you need to evaluate what is important to you. I bought the A850 a few years ago and it satisfied me, making me very happy. If you were satisified with the A650, then I would think an F7100 would satisfy you...if not, maybe get a higher model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

There's a loaded question. You won't find a consensus around here.

You really need to see them in a store and decide that for yourself.
+1
post #746 of 7428 Old 04-26-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:

Did you engage Cinema Black/Local Dimming?

Yes. There are six areas with lightbleed: 3 up the left side (top, middle and bottom) and three on the right. It's very noticeable with blue and light backgrounds. Cinema black eliminates it from the top and bottom when a movie is on, but the middle areas are still affected. Another issue: when watching a movie from the Amazon app, cinema black is disabled and the top and bottom bars are not that dark, with flashlighting in the lower left corner. One great feature however is how well it controls my Denon AVR 1913 and my Cable STB with the anynet feature through the HDMI cable.
This is my first LED; I'm coming from an CRT HDTV. Should I play the exchange game with Amazon, or just return it and look at another brand? Aside form the lightbleed/flashlighting, the picture is fantastic. I also don't want to step down to a 55".
post #747 of 7428 Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes. There are six areas with lightbleed: 3 up the left side (top, middle and bottom) and three on the right. It's very noticeable with blue and light backgrounds. Cinema black eliminates it from the top and bottom when a movie is on, but the middle areas are still affected. Another issue: when watching a movie from the Amazon app, cinema black is disabled and the top and bottom bars are not that dark, with flashlighting in the lower left corner. One great feature however is how well it controls my Denon AVR 1913 and my Cable STB with the anynet feature through the HDMI cable.
This is my first LED; I'm coming from an CRT HDTV. Should I play the exchange game with Amazon, or just return it and look at another brand? Aside form the lightbleed/flashlighting, the picture is fantastic. I also don't want to step down to a 55".

Is there another brand that excites you? If not, then return this one and give it another shot. Now if the 2nd one is just as bad or worse, I don't know if I'd give it a 3rd try.
post #748 of 7428 Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Keeso, I don't think you will ever find a Edge Lit Led without some Flashlighting, Light bleed or clouding. It the Nature or Beast of this technology. If it can be seen in ALL THE TIME Normal Viewing that's NOT good. If you have to put up a blank screen, use some DVD test Disc, catch it on a broadcast and then pause you DVR to see it, or stand off center to SEE IT YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. There's not a owner out there that can claim his EDGE LIT display is free from this, cause I will wager and Win the bet that I can Find it. Off Axis viewing on LED/LCD Sucks there's no way around it, and until the manufactures invest a much research and development time and money in the manufacturing of the screen as they do in picture quality, your not going to see perfect. I don't even think you will see perfect then. Some people are just more sensitive to these problems than others. You may be one of those people that just can't tolerate EDGE LIT Displays.
Every Display Technology on the market has drawbacks it's just which one bothers you the least.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

post #749 of 7428 Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

Keeso, I don't think you will ever find a Edge Lit Led without some Flashlighting, Light bleed or clouding. It the Nature or Beast of this technology. If it can be seen in ALL THE TIME Normal Viewing that's NOT good. If you have to put up a blank screen, use some DVD test Disc, catch it on a broadcast and then pause you DVR to see it, or stand off center to SEE IT YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. There's not a owner out there that can claim his EDGE LIT display is free from this, cause I will wager and Win the bet that I can Find it. Off Axis viewing on LED/LCD Sucks there's no way around it, and until the manufactures invest a much research and development time and money in the manufacturing of the screen as they do in picture quality, your not going to see perfect. I don't even think you will see perfect then. Some people are just more sensitive to these problems than others. You may be one of those people that just can't tolerate EDGE LIT Displays.
Every Display Technology on the market has drawbacks it's just which one bothers you the least.
Unfortunately I can see it all the time. I noticed it in the setup screen and was hoping it was part of the background. It did look slightly less pronounced this morning. Is it possible this could go away? Amazon gives me 30 days. I think I maybe got a lemon.
post #750 of 7428 Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

Unfortunately I can see it all the time. I noticed it in the setup screen and was hoping it was part of the background. It did look slightly less pronounced this morning. Is it possible this could go away? Amazon gives me 30 days. I think I maybe i got a lemon.
Perhaps I got lucky with my F8000 but I've noticed next to no clouding/flashlighiting/anomolies. I'm very picky about things like that having come from a Pioneer Elite 940 and Panasonic GT30 - so I suppose I should be thankful my F8000 has been great thus far. I think if it were me I'd try to get a replacement and try one more time before I wrote it off entirely. It really is a very nice TV if you get one w/o all the issues you've described.

~Bill
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page