Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 252 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7531 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill89 View Post
Dropped sharpness to 20 from 45, looks a bit smoother. There's still a bit of blurriness around the edge of things like text etc. 0 looks like a plant starved of water . Hard to reduce it without compromisin the PQ really. I've not lowered the brightness as such I meant overall brightness btw (backlight-12 etc). In terms of motion this tv appears smoother than that 6 yr old Toshiba. The amount of motion blur in Dark Souls 2 on that was absolutely disgusting!.
If you're playing on a sub 720p console like Xbox 360 or PS3 then yes, sharpness 15-20 would be advised, but if you're playing on PS4 or at least a mid range PC then sharpness should be set to 0 or else you're working against the detail. Xbox 360 and PS3 look like a blurry mess, not much the TV can do to improve it without exaggerating the already horrendous lack of anti-aliasing and just actual definition in general.
DRN94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7532 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
ucsdsig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thought I'd provide a quick update. Purchased a 75 inch F8000 about one year ago. Originally had bought a F7100 but eventually decided to upgrade to the F8000.

The TV has been absolutely flawless. I really don't have a single complaint, other than I wish it was bigger. Although the 4k sets are tempting, I don't think I'd consider upgrading until a 85 inch 4k OLED is available...at a reasonable price.

With these falling prices, I'm actually considering buying a 55 or 60 inch F8000 for my bedroom.
ucsdsig is offline  
post #7533 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsdsig View Post
Thought I'd provide a quick update. Purchased a 75 inch F8000 about one year ago. Originally had bought a F7100 but eventually decided to upgrade to the F8000.

The TV has been absolutely flawless. I really don't have a single complaint, other than I wish it was bigger. Although the 4k sets are tempting, I don't think I'd consider upgrading until a 85 inch 4k OLED is available...at a reasonable price.

With these falling prices, I'm actually considering buying a 55 or 60 inch F8000 for my bedroom.
If you absolutely need a bedroom TV right now and will have a place to put the 75" F8000 once you get a 4K OLED set, then I'd say go for another F8000. The PQ on the F8000 is timeless in my opinion, it's picture accuracy is impeccable. I'll eventually move my 55" F8000 to a bedroom once I'm living on my own to make way for a 4K RGB OLED from Samsung in the living room.
DRN94 is offline  
post #7534 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post
Quick question to anybody who can answer this. I have an external media player (mede8er) and it has an auto mode for video output. When I play 25.000fps material while in auto mode, it sends out the video as 50Hz. When it switches to 50Hz., the tv switches also, and confirms at the top of the screen that it is in 50Hz mode.

Is this safe to do with a US set? Will it harm the tv? Normally of course I have the media player set to output 60Hz but 25fps material tends to play smoother when the player outputs to 50Hz.
Can anybody answer this one? Is it safe to send the tv 50Hz material?

F8000 2D settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


F8000 3D settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #7535 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Member
 
SilentHill89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: England, Lancashire, Bolton
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
If you're playing on a sub 720p console like Xbox 360 or PS3 then yes, sharpness 15-20 would be advised, but if you're playing on PS4 or at least a mid range PC then sharpness should be set to 0 or else you're working against the detail. Xbox 360 and PS3 look like a blurry mess, not much the TV can do to improve it without exaggerating the already horrendous lack of anti-aliasing and just actual definition in general.
I'm gonna take it back tbh, the PQ in gameplay isn't satisfactory. HD just isn't as crisp as I'd like it to be. The W9 looked so much better wereas the 6400 looks average. Its noticeable on the bbc iplayer as well, on the W9 programs looked truly HD but on the 6400 it looks distinctly average.

The 6400 is supposed to be 200cmr yet the motion blur is just as bad as my 6 yr old 50hz Toshiba!. In-game textures look washed out as well even on eye-poppin settings. The W9 had blur as well oc (like any LED) but the PQ compensated for it. Dunno if I can justify payin an extra 350 though :s..

Last edited by SilentHill89; 08-01-2014 at 09:57 PM.
SilentHill89 is offline  
post #7536 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
SilentHill89, get the W900A or F8000. I know exactly what you mean, I came from a ES6100 and it was because I was never satisfied. The F8000 continues to wow me even a year later. Spend the few extra hundred bucks and get the better TV. If you're a gamer, enjoy watching content on a high quality display, or just geek out over TV technology, its totally worth the investment.
DRN94 is offline  
post #7537 of 7660 Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Member
 
SilentHill89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: England, Lancashire, Bolton
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
SilentHill89, get the W900A or F8000. I know exactly what you mean, I came from a ES6100 and it was because I was never satisfied. The F8000 continues to wow me even a year later. Spend the few extra hundred bucks and get the better TV. If you're a gamer, enjoy watching content on a high quality display, or just geek out over TV technology, its totally worth the investment.
This would be the 3rd tv i've returned within a year lol. I've returned the Sony w6 & the w9 but I could tell the w9 was a high end set. The 6400 is very mid-range & I'm learning now that its either the highway or noway. The w9 has the best latency & its PQ is on par with the 8000 so i'd prob go back to that. Plus its a few hundred cheaper. Both great tvs though.

For the time being though I may just return to my 6 yr old brick-****-house caus I don't fancy payin up to a grand for a tv (with soundbar). My Toshiba looks like s h i t in motion but its 1080 & it has thick speakers so I guess it'll do for now .
SilentHill89 is offline  
post #7538 of 7660 Old 08-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill89 View Post
This would be the 3rd tv i've returned within a year lol. I've returned the Sony w6 & the w9 but I could tell the w9 was a high end set. The 6400 is very mid-range & I'm learning now that its either the highway or noway. The w9 has the best latency & its PQ is on par with the 8000 so i'd prob go back to that. Plus its a few hundred cheaper. Both great tvs though.

For the time being though I may just return to my 6 yr old brick-****-house caus I don't fancy payin up to a grand for a tv (with soundbar). My Toshiba looks like s h i t in motion but its 1080 & it has thick speakers so I guess it'll do for now .
If you have plenty of money and want the best experience, then get a high end set, it's well worth the price. And are you referring to the 2013 W900A or the 2014 W900B? Because there is a big difference, the W900B is awful. The Contrast ratio is a third of that on the F8000 and last year's W900A.
DRN94 is offline  
post #7539 of 7660 Old 08-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Newbie
 
cyfan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 60f8000 in my window filled living room and love it. I'm thinking about replacing my 65vt30 plasma in my light controlled basement entertainment room with a 75f8000. I'll be sitting about 12 ft from the screen. To close?? I was going to get a pn64f8500 but the 75 has dropped so much in price it's a hard decision. Thoughts please.
cyfan88 is online now  
post #7540 of 7660 Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
AGuy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I've owned the F8000 since day one, and I was initially impressed, but now I think I'm ready to move onto FALD displays and possibly a projector, as well. I just see too many of the traditional LED faults, specifically in very dark content. You can really see it working hard to try and compensate, but the result just draws attention to itself. It's been driving me crazy in The Last of Us Remastered. It's certainly not a bad television, but I'd probably tell people to wait and see the FALD offerings from other companies later this year before making a decision.

Last edited by AGuy01; 08-02-2014 at 11:56 PM.
AGuy01 is offline  
post #7541 of 7660 Old 08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looking to get some information on the 60" F8000 for gaming.

In game mode, has anyone noticed motion blur, especially with sports games like FIFA 14 on PS3 ?
blitzftw is offline  
post #7542 of 7660 Old 08-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Newbie
 
bm07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 75" F8000, and I have noticed that sometimes I see a distinct change of color shade in the upper 20% or so of the picture. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it is very distracting. I hooked my laptop up to it and started trying different single color images to see if I could reproduce it reliably. I was able to do so with a certain shade of gray to demonstrate the problem (see attached picture). Has anyone else noticed this? I'm passed the 30 day return policy of the outfit where I bought it- what should I expect Samsung to do about this? Until this I was blown away by this TV...

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140803_001 - Copy.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	198329  
bm07 is offline  
post #7543 of 7660 Old 08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
James A. McGahee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
These Game Mode settings look fantastic on the F8000. These work great for high end PC, PS4, and Xbox One gaming. Plenty of pop yet relatively realistic looking contrast. I would not recommend these settings for TV/movie watching, however.

Game Mode On
Backlight 20 (lower if too bright)
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharpness 0 (20 max)
Color 55 (60 max)
Tint G50 R50
Picture Size Screen Fit
Dynamic Contrast High
Black Tone Darker
Color Space Native
White Balance:
R-Off 24
G-Off 25
B-Off 25
R-Gain 0
G-Gain 15
B-Gain 50
Gamma +3
Color Tone Warm2
HDMI Black Level Low (which ever gives you the deepest black)
Smart LED High
Cinema Black On

Not sure how it would look on an F6400 though. Despite having a similar menu interface, each television looks and performs vastly different. The F8000 has higher contrast, deeper blacks, more accurate color reproduction, higher motion resolution, more advanced backlight scanning, higher native refresh rate, sharper detail as a result of the subpixel shape, and more thorough picture processing, etc. The differences go on and on. So you may want to look at what settings other F6400 owners are using rather than F8000 owners cause there is no telling if our settings look good on other TVs.
I just bought a Samsung large screen TV. Looking forward to checking out your game settings. Does anyone know of a way of SAVING a group of settings such as these above on a recent Samsung TV. I have tweaked my settings for DirecTV and would like to save settings such as yours for specific, connections (HDMI 1, 2, etc.,) programs, components, etc.

Thanks!
James A. McGahee is offline  
post #7544 of 7660 Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
vega509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Northeast
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm07 View Post
I have the 75" F8000, and I have noticed that sometimes I see a distinct change of color shade in the upper 20% or so of the picture. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it is very distracting. I hooked my laptop up to it and started trying different single color images to see if I could reproduce it reliably. I was able to do so with a certain shade of gray to demonstrate the problem (see attached picture). Has anyone else noticed this? I'm passed the 30 day return policy of the outfit where I bought it- what should I expect Samsung to do about this? Until this I was blown away by this TV...

Thanks.
does it go away after a few seconds? mine does that, and it is a remnant of the information banner, but it does disappear after a few seconds.
vega509 is offline  
post #7545 of 7660 Old 08-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Newbie
 
bm07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
does it go away after a few seconds? mine does that, and it is a remnant of the information banner, but it does disappear after a few seconds.
Unfortunately no. I initially thought it could be related to the information banner, but this is a bit taller than the banner.
bm07 is offline  
post #7546 of 7660 Old 08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Member
 
SilentHill89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: England, Lancashire, Bolton
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On every LCD I've had the screen blurs when in motion most noticeably in gaming. Do plasmas completely resolve this?.
SilentHill89 is offline  
post #7547 of 7660 Old 08-06-2014, 03:51 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member
 
HPQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfan88 View Post
I have a 60f8000 in my window filled living room and love it. I'm thinking about replacing my 65vt30 plasma in my light controlled basement entertainment room with a 75f8000. I'll be sitting about 12 ft from the screen. To close?? I was going to get a pn64f8500 but the 75 has dropped so much in price it's a hard decision. Thoughts please.
I have a 75 inch F8000 model and I sit 12 ft away. No issues for me.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
HPQ is offline  
post #7548 of 7660 Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post
I just bought a Samsung large screen TV. Looking forward to checking out your game settings. Does anyone know of a way of SAVING a group of settings such as these above on a recent Samsung TV. I have tweaked my settings for DirecTV and would like to save settings such as yours for specific, connections (HDMI 1, 2, etc.,) programs, components, etc.

Thanks!
In the picture settings you have to choose "Apply Picture Mode - Current Source"
DRN94 is offline  
post #7549 of 7660 Old 08-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post
I've owned the F8000 since day one, and I was initially impressed, but now I think I'm ready to move onto FALD displays and possibly a projector, as well. I just see too many of the traditional LED faults, specifically in very dark content. You can really see it working hard to try and compensate, but the result just draws attention to itself. It's been driving me crazy in The Last of Us Remastered. It's certainly not a bad television, but I'd probably tell people to wait and see the FALD offerings from other companies later this year before making a decision.
My friend has a 6-7 year old LN55A950 FALD and it is amazing in terms of contrast. Gets slightly brighter than the F8000 but a much deeper black. The viewing angles on it are remarkably good by current edge-lit standards too. It lags behind in color reproduction, fine detail, gamma, motion resolution, and other picture quality aspects that Samsung has improved over the years. Overall, I still prefer the F8000's picture over older FALD sets. The only newer FALD I've seen in person is the Sony X950B and I can honestly say it's not worth its price tag over the X900B.
DRN94 is offline  
post #7550 of 7660 Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
AGuy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
My friend has a 6-7 year old LN55A950 FALD and it is amazing in terms of contrast. Gets slightly brighter than the F8000 but a much deeper black. The viewing angles on it are remarkably good by current edge-lit standards too. It lags behind in color reproduction, fine detail, gamma, motion resolution, and other picture quality aspects that Samsung has improved over the years. Overall, I still prefer the F8000's picture over older FALD sets. The only newer FALD I've seen in person is the Sony X950B and I can honestly say it's not worth its price tag over the X900B.
I'm personally waiting for reviews on the Vizio P and R-series. I'm very curious to see how they'll hold up outside of the CES show floor. I may also scrap the idea of getting a projector and just go for a bigger TV. Everything I've been reading about setting them up just makes it sound like a bit of a headache, though it sure would be fun watching 3D movies on a 100+ inch screen.
AGuy01 is offline  
post #7551 of 7660 Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
James A. McGahee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
In the picture settings you have to choose "Apply Picture Mode - Current Source"
I guess my TV is not as current as I thought but less than half the original price. It's a new RosaGold 2012 model UN75ES9000FXZA. My settings go:
Menu
Picture
Picture Mode
Movie, Natural, Standard, Dynamic (select one)

I currently have Movie selected with various tweaks to backlight, contrast, brightness, sharpness, color, etc.
I want to hold/save this and be able to compare it (by switching between them or using a split screen) to future saved tweaks of different Picture Modes such as Natural, Standard, etc.
Is this is possible?
Thanks again-
James A. McGahee is offline  
post #7552 of 7660 Old 08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by James A. McGahee View Post
I guess my TV is not as current as I thought but less than half the original price. It's a new RosaGold 2012 model UN75ES9000FXZA. My settings go:
Menu
Picture
Picture Mode
Movie, Natural, Standard, Dynamic (select one)

I currently have Movie selected with various tweaks to backlight, contrast, brightness, sharpness, color, etc.
I want to hold/save this and be able to compare it (by switching between them or using a split screen) to future saved tweaks of different Picture Modes such as Natural, Standard, etc.
Is this is possible?
Thanks again-
There is no way to compare settings within the same picture mode. All you can do is switch between the main picture modes to compare. Also, the "Apply Picture Mode - Current Source" is down lower in the picture settings menu, or at least it is for the 2013 interface. I had a 2012 ES6100 and I do recall seeing the equivalent option in the picture settings, I forget exactly where it is though.
DRN94 is offline  
post #7553 of 7660 Old 08-08-2014, 06:13 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member
 
HPQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
For those of you who have the F8000, anybody using a wireless keyboard/mouse? I am tired of scrolling back and forth when searching on certain apps like youtube and amazon prime on the Samsung F800 so I would like to get something that I can type easily and click easily.

Any thoughts on the below?

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad


Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

Last edited by HPQ; 08-08-2014 at 06:34 AM.
HPQ is offline  
post #7554 of 7660 Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
vega509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Northeast
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
For those of you who have the F8000, anybody using a wireless keyboard/mouse? I am tired of scrolling back and forth when searching on certain apps like youtube and amazon prime on the Samsung F800 so I would like to get something that I can type easily and click easily.

Any thoughts on the below?

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad


Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard
I bought the Samsung keyboard for just that reason, not sure of the model right now.
vega509 is offline  
post #7555 of 7660 Old 08-08-2014, 08:57 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member
 
HPQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
I bought the Samsung keyboard for just that reason, not sure of the model right now.
How do you like the Samsung? Any pro/neg reviews? It has "ok" reviews on Amazon. The logitech thou has better reviews..

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
HPQ is offline  
post #7556 of 7660 Old 08-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Member
 
sammiesamson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello guys,

I would like to ask one question after some time.

Few days ago we wanted to run something on the BR Player connected to the F8000, but it didn't work (it was already working before). On the list of connected devices under the Source menu, all of the HDMI connectors were darkened, like they are not active... We thought that maybe something is wrong with the player or it's HDMI cable. But then I remembered that I also have a PC connected to the TV via HDMI, and this HDMI is also darkened out.

So I would like to ask for some help again, if maybe anyone would have any clue about that? I really doubt that I did something wrong in settings or something, because I didn't change any settings in a while now. Also no new updates installed, still on 1118.

I would be really grateful for some help.

Thanks alot!

Last edited by sammiesamson; 08-08-2014 at 10:58 AM.
sammiesamson is offline  
post #7557 of 7660 Old 08-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
SnakeDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
For those of you who have the F8000, anybody using a wireless keyboard/mouse? I am tired of scrolling back and forth when searching on certain apps like youtube and amazon prime on the Samsung F800 so I would like to get something that I can type easily and click easily.

Any thoughts on the below?

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad


Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard

I have an old Rocketfish (from Best Buy) blue tooth keyboard and mouse that paired with my F8000 with no problem. What I don't like is that the use of the keyboard is dependent on the app, as stated by many of the reviews on Amazon for the Samsung keyboard. For example, the Netflix app does not make use of the keyboard - you still must use the remote for navigation and data entry. As I type this message using the browser app on the F8000 it acts a little wonkey. For no apparent reason, as I type, the caharacers just stop appearing - as if I has turned off the keyboard. After a bit of "messing with it" it will start working again. Not sure if this is the keyboard or the browser app, but it sure is annoying. I've had to do it 3 time while creating this response.


Also, is that Logitech a bluetooth device?
SnakeDoctor is offline  
post #7558 of 7660 Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
SnakeDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
For those of you who have the F8000, anybody using a wireless keyboard/mouse? I am tired of scrolling back and forth when searching on certain apps like youtube and amazon prime on the Samsung F800 so I would like to get something that I can type easily and click easily.

Any thoughts on the below?

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad


Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard

I have an old Rocketfish (from Best Buy) blue tooth keyboard and mouse that paired with my F8000 with no problem. What I don't like is that the use of the keyboard is dependent on the app, as stated by many of the reviews on Amazon for the Samsung keyboard. For example, the Netflix app does not make use of the keyboard - you still must use the remote for navigation and data entry. As I type this message using the browser app on the F8000 it acts a little wonkey. For no apparent reason, as I type, the caharacers just stop appearing - as if I has turned off the keyboard. After a bit of "messing with it" it will start working again. Not sure if this is the keyboard or the browser app, but it sure is annoying. I've had to do it 3 time while creating this response.
SnakeDoctor is offline  
post #7559 of 7660 Old 08-09-2014, 10:07 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member
 
HPQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Also, is that Logitech a bluetooth device?
From logitech website, it mentions "Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless"

Can it work with the F8000?

Or is it best to get a blue tooth enabled wireless keyboard/mouse?

I am assuming the F8000 is blue tooth enabled?

The samsung wireless keyboard only works with the browser. It will not work with apps like youtube and amazon prime.. So, I will not go with the samsung wireless keyboard since I mostly want it for youtube and /or amazon prime searching.. I will look around for blue tooth enabled wireless devices and see if they work or not for the smart apps. If not, then, I guess, I am stuck with the samsung remote.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

Last edited by HPQ; 08-09-2014 at 10:38 AM.
HPQ is offline  
post #7560 of 7660 Old 08-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Senior Member
 
SnakeDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
From logitech website, it mentions "Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless"

Can it work with the F8000?

Or is it best to get a blue tooth enabled wireless keyboard/mouse?

I am assuming the F8000 is blue tooth enabled?

The samsung wireless keyboard only works with the browser. It will not work with apps like youtube and amazon prime.. So, I will not go with the samsung wireless keyboard since I mostly want it for youtube and /or amazon prime searching.. I will look around for blue tooth enabled wireless devices and see if they work or not for the smart apps. If not, then, I guess, I am stuck with the samsung remote.

I'm not an expert at this but I think that any keyboard or mouse that is to connect to the F800 must communicate via Bluetooth. My Rocketfish keyboard and mouse are generic Bluetooth devices that seem to work (mostly). I don't think that it is a function of the Samsung keyboard that it only works with the web browser. What I can say for sure is that my Rocketfish keyboard and mouse work fairly well (except as noted before) with the web browser. However, the F8000 YouTube app does not take keyboard input when searching. I can use the keyboard to navigate the Smart Hub menus using the Up/Down/Left/Right arrow keys. I can select the YouTube app and also select the "Search" function using the keyboard but at that point, I must now scroll left/right on the alphabet string (using the keyboard arrow keys) to select the letters for the search criteria - just as you would with the remote. This is a shortcoming of the app - not the keyboard.


Another annoyance is this: If for instance you are on the Smart Hub menu and you press the right arrow three times in quick succession, only one press is processed. So, don't bother pressing the arrow key a second time until you see the Smart Hub selection act on the first press. I don't know if other keyboards act this way - it could be an issue with my generic Bluetooth keyboard. Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences.
SnakeDoctor is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off