Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2014, 04:46 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I heard very good reviews about Disney Bears. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Netflix version?

Does anybody here have Netflix with the new UI running on their TV (Netflix 4.0)? I have the latest version of the app and firmware on my UN600F8000 but am still stuck with the old UI. However if I go into the Samsung app "store" on the TV and select Netflix, the screenshots show the new UI. I contacted Samsung and they suggested updating the firmware (already running 1120.2) and resetting the Smart Hub which did nothing.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
F8000 Stand length questions (46")

I won a 46" F8000 in a store bankruptcy auction and should be receiving it within a couple of weeks. Comments on Amazon about the stand unhappily make clear that unlike my LN40A630, it is near full length and can be a bit tricky if not properly stationed. Before I grab a nice 35" A/V stand going for $10 on craigslist, I have a couple of questions:

- Would a 46" model owner mind posting what the stand measures end to end - or a link, if it's been posted elsewhere?

- If the stand hangs off a couple of inches on each end, will that cause problems?

Thanks,

Last edited by genegold; 08-13-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.conway View Post
Does anybody here have Netflix with the new UI running on their TV (Netflix 4.0)? I have the latest version of the app and firmware on my UN600F8000 but am still stuck with the old UI. However if I go into the Samsung app "store" on the TV and select Netflix, the screenshots show the new UI. I contacted Samsung and they suggested updating the firmware (already running 1120.2) and resetting the Smart Hub which did nothing.
Hi Mike,
same problem here. I contacted both Netflix and Samsung, but they just point at each other. Last week I read (dont recall anymore where) that the new GUI is not yet implemented everywhere, but they already rolled-out the new app pic, and description with screenshots (why would anyone do that?) I also have an OPPO blu ray, but that app opens with the new GUI (but has other issues).
Hope Netflix fixes it soon.
Regards,
Mark
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland108 View Post
Hi Mike,
same problem here. I contacted both Netflix and Samsung, but they just point at each other. Last week I read (dont recall anymore where) that the new GUI is not yet implemented everywhere, but they already rolled-out the new app pic, and description with screenshots (why would anyone do that?) I also have an OPPO blu ray, but that app opens with the new GUI (but has other issues).
Hope Netflix fixes it soon.
Regards,
Mark
Thanks for the reply Mark. Not getting anywhere with Samsung either. I got the new GUI on my BDP-103 also but Netflix has always been problematic for me on the Oppo (I'm sure you know what I mean).
Old 08-14-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Stand at it`s widest point is = 40" outside tip facing forward.

Later

Gary  
Old 08-14-2014, 12:47 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.conway View Post
Thanks for the reply Mark. Not getting anywhere with Samsung either. I got the new GUI on my BDP-103 also but Netflix has always been problematic for me on the Oppo (I'm sure you know what I mean).
Yes, Oppo confirmed to me by mail, that they recognize the framerate issue, and are busy to solve it. See OPPO 105 owners topic, where I posted the mail. They opt that you switch to NTSC output until they have a solution.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quick question...been trying to research and haven't seen anything that indicates the UN65F8000 is subject to the panel lottery...it looks like all panel versions are Samsung panels. Anyone know otherwise?
Old 08-15-2014, 10:40 AM

Liked: 12
Guys, can somebody please help me with that? I know that I'm annoying with my questions all the time, but it's really frustrating, because I can't use BR Player or PC via my TV anymore.

Does someone have any ideas what I could do/try?

Thanks alot for some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post
Hello guys,

I would like to ask one question after some time.

Few days ago we wanted to run something on the BR Player connected to the F8000, but it didn't work (it was already working before). On the list of connected devices under the Source menu, all of the HDMI connectors were darkened, like they are not active... We thought that maybe something is wrong with the player or it's HDMI cable. But then I remembered that I also have a PC connected to the TV via HDMI, and this HDMI is also darkened out.

So I would like to ask for some help again, if maybe anyone would have any clue about that? I really doubt that I did something wrong in settings or something, because I didn't change any settings in a while now. Also no new updates installed, still on 1118.

I would be really grateful for some help.

Thanks alot!
Old 08-15-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Had this tv on the list of potential suiters for my living room, this, the PN60F8500 and the new Vizio P-series.

Amazon just sold out of the UN60F8000... guess that answers that.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:06 PM

Pulled the trigger on the 75 and it was delivered Wednesday. It has horrible clouding on both sides that is very distracting during dark scenes. Bright scenes are flawless. It came with the stand attached. It the the norm for the 75? I had to put the stand on my 60 when it was delivered. Starting to wonder if I got a returned unit. Best buy is trying to find a replacement, but they are in very short supply. Has anyone else gotten a bad unit? My 60 is flawless and has plasma like blacks.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

The 75 inch comes with the stand. You can tell since in the box, it has the cutout as well for the stand within the packaging. We hung our 75 inch so we had to take the stand off.

I also had serious clouding out the box with the original settings. Try Buzz settings first to see if you get any improvement.

I have minimal clouding now which for me is acceptable. Lot better then when I first turned the tv on. EdgeLit TV's will have some clouding to various degrees. Just the nature of the technology with side lighting.

I have some picture settings on one of my pics (see signature).

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfan88 View Post
Pulled the trigger on the 75 and it was delivered Wednesday. It has horrible clouding on both sides that is very distracting during dark scenes. Bright scenes are flawless. It came with the stand attached. It the the norm for the 75? I had to put the stand on my 60 when it was delivered. Starting to wonder if I got a returned unit. Best buy is trying to find a replacement, but they are in very short supply. Has anyone else gotten a bad unit? My 60 is flawless and has plasma like blacks.
Mine looks pretty poor in dark scenes unless I have the overhead light on. I can really notice the edge lighting flickering between different intensities. It's much too late for me to do anything about it, though. I'm just going to put this one in the living room and the real entertainment center is going to get a FALD display.

Edit: I just tried DRN94's updated game settings and I think they helped. Shadow detail is obscured a bit but I can't see the LED technology faults quite as much anymore. I'll take it! I'm still ready to move onto a FALD set for my man cave, though.

Last edited by AGuy01; 08-16-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post
Mine looks pretty poor in dark scenes unless I have the overhead light on. I can really notice the edge lighting flickering between different intensities. It's much too late for me to do anything about it, though. I'm just going to put this one in the living room and the real entertainment center is going to get a FALD display.

Edit: I just tried DRN94's updated game settings and I think they helped. Shadow detail is obscured a bit but I can't see the LED technology faults quite as much anymore. I'll take it! I'm still ready to move onto a FALD set for my man cave, though.
My Game Mode settings are meant to be slightly more colorful and dynamic than a reference picture. Since video games look inherently less realistic, it wouldn't hurt to stretch the contrast and pop the colors a little more. I found it gave a more immersive picture over my Movie Mode settings when playing PC games on it but I share the settings for anyone who's looking for the most "pop".

As far as FALD is concerned I think you're better off getting an OLED for your man cave instead of FALD. FALD is only going to be marginally better than the F8000's edge-lit dimming system yet much more expensive. It's more precise to dimming specific areas but it still suffers the same pitfalls of LCD LED technology (lower native contrast ratio, narrow viewing angles, slower pixel response, etc.).

Yes, I notice the limitations of the F8000's technology every night, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying its brilliant, reference-level picture.

I'm hoping Samsung will get their RGB OLED panel manufacturing process down a bit better soon. A 500+ nit peak white OLED with no automatic brightness limiter and a perfect black level and all the other benefits of OLED panels would make the perfect TV for my finickiness. But until they are available the F8000 is the most affordable and cost effective solution in getting videophile level LED picture quality in my opinion.

Last edited by DRN94; 08-16-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I take the web interface is Android or built on Android?

Also wondering if the quad core chips are used In the Galaxy Phones?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
My Game Mode settings are meant to be slightly more colorful and dynamic than a reference picture. Since video games look inherently less realistic, it wouldn't hurt to stretch the contrast and pop the colors a little more. I found it gave a more immersive picture over my Movie Mode settings when playing PC games on it but I share the settings for anyone who's looking for the most "pop".

As far as FALD is concerned I think you're better off getting an OLED for your man cave instead of FALD. FALD is only going to be marginally better than the F8000's edge-lit dimming system yet much more expensive. It's more precise to dimming specific areas but it still suffers the same pitfalls of LCD LED technology (lower native contrast ratio, narrow viewing angles, slower pixel response, etc.).

Yes, I notice the limitations of the F8000's technology every night, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying its brilliant, reference-level picture.

I'm hoping Samsung will get their RGB OLED panel manufacturing process down a bit better soon. A 500+ nit peak white OLED with no automatic brightness limiter and a perfect black level and all the other benefits of OLED panels would make the perfect TV for my finickiness. But until they are available the F8000 is the most affordable and cost effective solution in getting videophile level LED picture quality in my opinion.
LG's 55" OLED EC9300 is at $3,500, which while a much better price than what they were at last year, is still too rich for my blood. It has its own faults, too.

And I don't know, Vizio's 4K P and R-Series sound rather exciting. A large amount of full-array local dimming zones, active pixel tuning, able to accept a 120Hz signal from your PC, starting price for a 50" at $1,000, etc. Blooming is apparently a non-issue with the E and M-Series, even though they have much less zones. Narrow viewing angles don't bother me much nor concerns about contrast ratio versus plasmas and OLED displays. I just like a consistent image and low input lag. The F8000 is actually my first LED LCD television - a Samsung DLP was my first HDTV - and I just can't help notice the faults of edge-lit lighting compared to what I had before. It drives me a little batty.

I'd be tempted by the Samsung F8500 (plasma) if it didn't have such poor input lag. I was considering a projector for awhile instead, but then I started reading about that whole process and it gave me a headache.

That said, the F8000 is by no means a terrible television! Heavens, it's quite beautiful. I just don't think I can do edge-lit again.
inuk_qallunaaq likes this.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Im going to be picking up a 65F8000 next week and I was wondering if some owners would be able to take some screenshots with low light and widescreen movies. I just want to see what I can expect when I get it delivered in two weeks!

Im also curious about off angle pictures. Like sitting in the next seat or at the far end of the couch. I want to see how the colours fare at the angle.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Any1 got any colour settings for standard colour tone when gaming?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
TV has been great, but once in a blue moon it will turn itself off. I'll wait a minute and turn it back on, then it is fine. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fan in this unit? I wouldn't think there is because it is very thin.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
TV has been great, but once in a blue moon it will turn itself off. I'll wait a minute and turn it back on, then it is fine. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fan in this unit? I wouldn't think there is because it is very thin.
I've had my TV turn on for 20 seconds but not display anything and then go back off. Perhaps its a software update or reset or something it does on its own. Never had it turn off on me though. As long as the TV will turn on and off when you ask it to that's all that really matters but if you notice it turning itself off more frequently then I'd recommend you contact Samsung.

And no, the TV does not have a fan, it is passively cooled. Only plasmas are known to have active fan cooling since they consume much more energy and run hotter.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:43 AM

Liked: 0
Hey guys, new member here so forgive if im not following "protocol". I picked up a UN60F8000BF last night for 1000 bucks at Bestbuy. It was missing the stand and was a display. I feel that my perseverance paid off because I spend A LOT of time looking for this type of deal. If this hadn't come along, I was seriously considering taking the risk and purchasing from one for the ECTV's vendors. Due to the price being significantly cheaper and being a display, I went ahead and purchased the 5 year warranty.

Two questions...
1. Given that I will still get the standard Samsung 1 year warranty. Do you guys think its necessary that i have the 5 year warranty? I know its personal preference, but i never believed in extended warranty. Ive always thought that the device would break in the first couple of months, if its going to break.
2. Does anyone have a 60" stand that they like to sell? Im going to hang, but would like the stand if someone doesn't want/need theirs.

I look forward to the calibration info in this thread!!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Ordinarily I would recommend the BB service plan but in your case you'll need to remember that should you get it and should you qualify for a replacement at some time during the span of the plan it would be replaced with a TV worth $1000, which is unlikely to be either the latest 8000 or even 7000.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

We just saw "Cloudy with A chance of Meatballs Part 2" in 3d. Wow. All I got to say is wow. The color, everything was just amazing. Just a great movie to see on the F8000.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 AM

Thanks StevenPK, I did think about that, but havent had opportunity to ask that specific question. If that's the case, tough call to keep it.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 AM

HI HPQ, so you think that the 3d glasses are worth it? If so, i need to grab a couple. I just did a quick google on ps4 and it appears update 1.75 now enables 3D playback. I never been a huge 3D guy, however, I did try out 3d demo at mircocenter and i was impressed. On a midrange lg
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuled View Post
HI HPQ, so you think that the 3d glasses are worth it? If so, i need to grab a couple. I just did a quick google on ps4 and it appears update 1.75 now enables 3D playback. I never been a huge 3D guy, however, I did try out 3d demo at mircocenter and i was impressed. On a midrange lg
I used the provided 3d glasses that Samsung gave with the tv. I am using my Oppo player for the 3d blu ray discs. I do have the PS4 but I only use that for gaming.

My kids really enjoy the 3d movies. Also, when you get 3d movies, anyways, you get extra discs as well -- usually 1 3d disc, 1 dvd disc, 1 blu ray disc, and also you get online access as well to play on smart phone or tablet.

Last edited by HPQ; 08-22-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:02 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuled View Post
2. Does anyone have a 60" stand that they like to sell? Im going to hang, but would like the stand if someone doesn't want/need theirs.
Goto your local costco and buy the $99 dollar square trade warranty they sell be warned though i think they only repair up to what you paid for the tv and because you got such a great deal that would not be in your best interest(its possible many extended warranties are like this if you read their fine print). Since you bought the TV so cheap it might be even less than $99...
Old 08-24-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HPQ - Absolutely agree CWACOM 2 is amazing in 3D on the F8000 (i have the 55"). You may want to check out Despicable Me 2 as well....again, awesome! Both are great in 2D as well. '

The F8000 has been a very pleasant surprise for me, and it really shines with movies like this.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Try The Amazing Spiderman 2 in 3D.Awsome !!!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thumbs up Help! Need UN65F8000 Service Menu ADC/WB Settings

Hi,

I looking for one owner of the Samsung LED UN65F8000 series. Like an idiot I played with my White Balance settings (couple of digits) in the service menu, but I cannot get back to original settings

So I'm looking for someone that can give me the original settings of this item in the service menu.

How to work:
Put the TV on an HDMI input source, Turn TV OFF, then press on the remote: MENU then 1, 8, 2 and in the end POWER to put the Tv on again. The tv is now starting up and service menu will appear in a couple of seconds.

Well now the settings:

Go to ADC/WB -> White Balance.

here you can see some settings like:

Sub Brightness
R Offset
G Offset
B Offset
Sub Contrast
R Gain
G Gain
B Gain

I need the digits behind thos settings.

I need the settings behind ADC/WB -> ADC Results too.

So can someone please send me an e-mail or post it here?

Kind Regards,

Darkvader

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread