Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 257 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7681 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SteveCallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well I bit the bullet and ordered it, $3k shipped (no tax) from an authorized retailer with a Mack 3 year extended warranty was too good of a deal to pass up. If anyone can think of a reason the H7150 is superior, please let me know. Appearance wise, I prefer the stand of the F8000.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SteveCallas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7682 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Opentoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Set has been great. Just updated the firmware to version 1203 today. It didn't auto update for some reason, I had to to it manually. Anyway, does anyone know if Plex is compatible with this set and how to get it to work? It says there is a Plex app for the TV, but I can't find it for the heck of it. It is not the biggest problem since I have a media player which I use most of the time, so I just wanted to check out Plex on the TV.

Thanks
Opentoe is offline  
post #7683 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Member
 
ozark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
Set has been great. Just updated the firmware to version 1203 today. It didn't auto update for some reason, I had to to it manually. Anyway, does anyone know if Plex is compatible with this set and how to get it to work? It says there is a Plex app for the TV, but I can't find it for the heck of it. It is not the biggest problem since I have a media player which I use most of the time, so I just wanted to check out Plex on the TV.

Thanks


The plex app is in the Samsung app store, you will have download it. How good it works, don't know.
ozark is offline  
post #7684 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Spidergames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCallas View Post
Well I bit the bullet and ordered it, $3k shipped (no tax) from an authorized retailer with a Mack 3 year extended warranty was too good of a deal to pass up. If anyone can think of a reason the H7150 is superior, please let me know. Appearance wise, I prefer the stand of the F8000.

this review here and some others have said, the f8000 and the f7000 have the same picture.... f7000 is the H7150 right now....




http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsu...ge=Performance




The Samsung H8000 LED TV is a great TV, but if you don't need the curved screen, go for a cheaper model like the H7150. It has about the same picture quality.
http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung/h8000
Spidergames is offline  
post #7685 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SteveCallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I definitely don't want the curved H8000, the F8000 is flat.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SteveCallas is offline  
post #7686 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Member
 
dancinbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCallas View Post
Well I bit the bullet and ordered it, $3k shipped (no tax) from an authorized retailer with a Mack 3 year extended warranty was too good of a deal to pass up. If anyone can think of a reason the H7150 is superior, please let me know. Appearance wise, I prefer the stand of the F8000.
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the set once you get it. I am trying to decide between the F8000, H7150, and the Vizio P. I've only seen the H7150, and it looks great. If the F8000 is better (based on reviews and owner reports), it seems like a no-brainer.

Last edited by dancinbear; 09-30-2014 at 04:29 PM.
dancinbear is offline  
post #7687 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Member
 
kpepling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ashburn, Va
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm considering jumping on that deal too for the 75" but will it be ok on my stand that is 65.75" wide? I can't tell if the stand is as wide as the tv or just a little bit less.
kpepling is online now  
post #7688 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SteveCallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I believe the stand is as wide as the tv on the F8000, and I think that is 68".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinbear
I am trying to decide between the F8000, H7150, and the Vizio P. I've only seen the H7150, and it looks great. If the F8000 is better (based on reviews and owner reports), it seems like a no-brainer.
I followed the 70" Vizio P thread closely, and unless you have your heart set on watching 4k right now, I would eliminate from the list. The upscaling / processing, blacks, and colors are all a bit better on these Samsungs you are considering. I doubt the F8000 will be percievably better than the H7150, but it is better on paper, and with this deal it is cheaper.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SteveCallas is offline  
post #7689 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Member
 
kpepling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ashburn, Va
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The tv is listed as 65.8". It's pictures like this one that make me think for the 75" that the stand isn't quite as wide as the tv.
kpepling is online now  
post #7690 of 7694 Old 09-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Member
 
dancinbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCallas View Post
I followed the 70" Vizio P thread closely, and unless you have your heart set on watching 4k right now, I would eliminate from the list. The upscaling / processing, blacks, and colors are all a bit better on these Samsungs you are considering. I doubt the F8000 will be percievably better than the H7150, but it is better on paper, and with this deal it is cheaper.
That's basically where I'm at, too. That thread was brutal to keep up with, but it proved invaluable. I'm concerned about flashlighting on the Samsungs, but I think I'll prefer that to the issues with the Vizio. Plus, I like the idea of another 5" diagonally.
dancinbear is offline  
post #7691 of 7694 Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Newbie
 
GotFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Enon, Ohio
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have had the 75" F8000 since April.
It is truely awesome.
No problems at all so far.
The newer 4K sets with the curve is just hype.
The curve effect last one day but causes screen issues.
The 4K IS better if you sit 3 feet from the screen- I do not.
The sharpness on mine makes me say WOW.
Save your money and get the F8000 while you still can.
The prices are as low as they will go.
If you can grab one from an authorized dealer it would be better.
The F8000 has the 240 panel and the newer 4K sets are 120s.
This gives you smoother motion - that is important on the really big sets.
Bigger is better if you can fit it in your room.
I am amazed how they can get such a great picture from an edge lit TV.
The colors and brightness are jawdropping.
ENJOY!
HPQ likes this.
GotFish is offline  
post #7692 of 7694 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member
 
HPQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I agree. If you can afford the 75 inch and have room for it. Get it. I enjoy my set.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
HPQ is online now  
post #7693 of 7694 Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Member
 
dancinbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotFish View Post
I have had the 75" F8000 since April.
It is truely awesome.
No problems at all so far.
The newer 4K sets with the curve is just hype.
The curve effect last one day but causes screen issues.
The 4K IS better if you sit 3 feet from the screen- I do not.
The sharpness on mine makes me say WOW.
Save your money and get the F8000 while you still can.
The prices are as low as they will go.
If you can grab one from an authorized dealer it would be better.
The F8000 has the 240 panel and the newer 4K sets are 120s.
This gives you smoother motion - that is important on the really big sets.
Bigger is better if you can fit it in your room.
I am amazed how they can get such a great picture from an edge lit TV.
The colors and brightness are jawdropping.
ENJOY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
I agree. If you can afford the 75 inch and have room for it. Get it. I enjoy my set.
Thanks for the feedback! Have either of you had a chance to compare your TV to the H7150? I'm curious if you can notice one being better than another.

Also, did you have your sets calibrated, or just tinker with settings?
dancinbear is offline  
post #7694 of 7694 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member
 
HPQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I bought mine last xmas holidays and after that I didn't look at other models..
I applied the settings that Buzz and other folks performed and I am very satisfied.
(You can look at my signature for some pictures)

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
HPQ is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off