Originally Posted by FragTek
I was having this same problem with my H8000 and Sony receiver with ARC. I too got very tired of this so in an attempt to fix the problem I moved my HDMI on the TV from the ARC port to another and then attached the TV to the receiver via an optical audio cable instead. Unfortunately it STILL exhibits this problem of switching my receiver to the TV input when the TV is turned on.
What did you do to remedy the problem while still being able to send audio to the receiver from the TV for use with the smart hub apps? Maybe it will work for me too....
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Sorry, dude. I didn't figure out a way. I gave up on Marantz HDMI ARC. That does mean I have lost getting the app audio going through the speakers.
1) Skype on this TV doesn't work with ARC even if you have set up. It always defaults to the TV speakers anyway.
2) Most of what you see on Youtube is not 5.1 anyway, so the TV speakers are fine for that.
3) The TV's speakers are actually pretty good.
4) If you use Airplay and an iPhone with the Marantz, or the Marantz internet radio, you don't need any music apps from the TV.
5) The only thing you are really missing I guess is streaming movies from the TV's apps. But cable boxes, BD players, and game consoles all have these apps now also. Just use those. I do.
Hope that helps. Does seem like receivers are a little wonky on ARC. Hmmm.