post #7951 of 7980 Old 01-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by left field View Post
This judder issue is driving me crazy. I now see it on broadcast.

I assume this is "judder" - quick staccato jump that looks like the TV is dropping a few frames. It typically happens at cuts and is worse with video-looking channels, say HGTV.

I've have to set the Judder control to 5 to deal with it somewhat, but don't love what this does to the overall picture. Am I the only one with this issue? Is there something simple I'm missing.

Im coming from 12-year-old LCD Samsung that was fantastic.

Any leads on profile articulated mount?a low

Thanks.
Don't mess with judder whatever you do. People that mess around with that stuff go crazy. Set AMP to Clear. Leave it alone. I too had a 2005 Samsung DLP by the way. It was a great 1080i TV but got a light tunnel defect and started making noise.
jedi29 likes this.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7952 of 7980 Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Have the AMP set to Clear.

I really miss square boxes you could bang on the side to make work. My first RCA never had a judder problem.
jedi29 likes this.
post #7953 of 7980 Old 01-12-2015, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picture size setting

Has any one noticed that when using the screen fit setting on an image displaying letter boxes, there is a loss of viewing area? (the black bars are bigger) I have my TV set to 16:9 and much rather watch it with this setting. The letter box bars are not as big and there is more screen to see. Has anyone have any idea why the masses goes with screen fit and not 16:9? Is there an image quality difference? I do not see the difference other than having more viewing area. Thank you.
post #7954 of 7980 Old 01-13-2015, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post
Rhza786,

They may have put a mid range panel as a replacement probably because they simply don't make the phenomenal flat 1080p panels found in the F8000 anymore. And that is probably why they keep the panel version secret during the replacement process. Hopefully the loss in shadow detail can be made up for by some settings tweaks.

What I would try first is upping the RGB offset in the White Balance settings and setting Gamma to 0. The offset handles the low end cutoffs near the black level. If the offset is too low for the panel, shadow details are crushed to black. If they are at 25 by default, try upping them all to 26 and then so on and see if that makes the dark shades of grey visible (look off center to exaggerate the black level and make the boxes more visible, as long as you can see the box off axis, it should suffice for subtle dark detail straight on).

After you raise offset you'll probably have to readjust your RGB gain. Try upping the gain as high as it can go without crushing highlight detail. You may need to back down on the Contrast setting a little to help out the shades of white.

I had a mid range 46" ES6100 (2012 model) and there were a few dark shades of grey I could not get visible at all. There is a chance that they put in a panel that is not up to snuff of the one that was originally in it. If settings changes can't resurrect the shadow detail and the overall contrast isn't as high as what you had before then I would try to politely ask them to replace the panel. I would tell them that "the picture quality properties of the replacement panel are vastly inferior, perhaps this is due to a limited supply of the original panel. Would it be possible to get the panel equivalent to the newer H7150 which would be comparable to the picture quality I was getting before? The panel I currently have is flawless and should still satisfy other customers, I simply just want the original quality I purchased."

The H7150 is the American version but there should be an equivalent model for South Africa. It's probably just called the H7000 or something, but it's Samsung's highest end flat 1080p for 2014 so replacement panels for that should still be available and from what I've researched, the H7000 has very close picture to the F8000.

Hopefully the offset bump can fix the problem but if the picture still doesn't satisfy you, I don't think you'd be wrong to request a higher quality panel from Samsung (Assuming the quality of the replacement panel is to blame for the lost shadow detail. High end TV's like the F8000 are specifically engineered for all the designed parts to fit together, swap just one of those things out with something equivalent and it could throw off the whole thing)
I followed your advice. I spent a good few hours changing white balance, contrast, brightness, 10p white etc, and I Could not get the picture right. I found the only thing that worked was turning up the brightness to around 63-64 and contrast down to 78-81. This got me to show the grey bars on the left top of the Expert pattern. I ended up with a picture in movie mode that was far from ideal. It just looked totally washed out no matter how much I fiddled. what makes matters worse is that I Was playing GTA V on game mode this weekend and noticed horrible banding when looking up at the sky (and every panning shot with transitioning of colours). I started noticing this banding again when watching my Satelite TV.

I eventually logged a second call with Samsung support and they have agreed to replace the PAnel again with a better one . This time the tech will test the screen with me using Expert pattern, looking for clouding, banding, torch lighting and other issues before I sign off the job.

I am now waiting for this new panel and will let you know what happens. (fingers crossed)
post #7955 of 7980 Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post
1122 ?

New updated firmware is 1204.

It may not always be convenient , but a hard wired broad-band connection is best for the F8000.

The wireless card is not that great.

Good luck

Me 
So how do you do the hard wired connection. Do I need to shut off the wifi on the tv or the tv will automatically switch to wired mode once I connect the Cat 5 ethernet cable.
post #7956 of 7980 Old 01-15-2015, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestboy1 View Post
So how do you do the hard wired connection. Do I need to shut off the wifi on the tv or the tv will automatically switch to wired mode once I connect the Cat 5 ethernet cable.
Once you've plugged in your Ethernet cable, you'll need to go into the network settings in the TV menu and select Wired connection instead of Wireless.
bestboy1 likes this.
post #7957 of 7980 Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 42
You can have both wired and wireless , I have both settings , but I use wired.

I tried wireless and no good so I went through my router and ended up with about twice the speed.

If you go to settings you should see IP`s for both wired and wireless.

The F8000 will pick the best of the 2.

Later ,

Gary 
bestboy1 likes this.
post #7958 of 7980 Old 01-15-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinbear View Post
Once you've plugged in your Ethernet cable, you'll need to go into the network settings in the TV menu and select Wired connection instead of Wireless.
Thanks, that worked.
post #7959 of 7980 Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You can have both wired and wireless , I have both settings , but I use wired.

I tried wireless and no good so I went through my router and ended up with about twice the speed.

If you go to settings you should see IP`s for both wired and wireless.

The F8000 will pick the best of the 2.

Later ,

Gary 
Jedi29, how do you get both of them to be active at the same time. In the option there option for either "Wirless" and "Wired", but not both.
post #7960 of 7980 Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestboy1 View Post
Jedi29, how do you get both of them to be active at the same time. In the option there option for either "Wirless" and "Wired", but not both.
Sorry for any confusion , you can`t activate both , but you can have your IP`s stats already in the tv`s software.

Like I am using my router , and if my router went bad or I just wanted to check connections , then all I have to do is have it revert back to wireless without going thru the complete internet setup , the information would already in the F8000 just waiting for me to give it the ok to go wireless.

To make this sound simpler , I can go to :

Support > Contact Samsung and it will have the mac addressees for both wired and wireless internet.

I hope this helps , just follow the same path and see if you have one or two mac addressees.

Later

G. 
bestboy1 likes this.
post #7961 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can somebody please tell me, to which format the F8000 reformats the USB to then be able to record on it? Is it NTFS or something else?
Because I want to save a video file which I've recorded with the TV to my PC, but when I plug the USB in, it wants to format it.

Thanks!
post #7962 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post
Can somebody please tell me, to which format the F8000 reformats the USB to then be able to record on it? Is it NTFS or something else?
Because I want to save a video file which I've recorded with the TV to my PC, but when I plug the USB in, it wants to format it.

Thanks!

Hi ,
FAT32 works best or any new USB drive that has not been reformatted will work.

I have Mac`s , so I don`t have much luck , I don`t think the F8000 can record video , with that exception of that thing they [Samsung] call a camera.

I have messed with it and poor quality at best , but I was able to view it on my Mac.

If you are talking about recording a show , please tell me how you did it !!

OK __ Later

Gary 
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7963 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Hi ,
FAT32 works best or any new USB drive that has not been reformatted will work.

I have Mac`s , so I don`t have much luck , I don`t think the F8000 can record video , with that exception of that thing they [Samsung] call a camera.

I have messed with it and poor quality at best , but I was able to view it on my Mac.

If you are talking about recording a show , please tell me how you did it !!

OK __ Later

Gary 
No no, I'm talking about recording a concert from a TV channel. I've recorded 3 concerts on 1st of January and now I would like to get the video from USB to my PC with Win 8.1, but don't know how. Because the TV formats the USB before it's able to record on it and looks like the format is unsupported by the PC.

So I was asking if maybe someone could tell me to which format the USB is formatted by the TV, so I could browse on the Web how to transfer and convert it to be able to watch it also on the PC.
post #7964 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I don`t have Windows Op/Sys , but can`t you insert the USB drive into your PC and fine the file extension that way ?

I had a PC , and I think there is a way to find out what the extension is.

In any event , a PC should read it , I might be an .avi file.

How do you use the F8000 to record a show ? Do you record off air or cable box ?
Does it work with video apps like Amazon I. V. / VUDU / You Tube ?
What is the length of time you can record ?

I never heard of this , it would be fairly cool , not to doubt what you are saying , but you are getting the F8000 itself to record incoming content to a USB drive ?

Flash drive or HDD , capacity ? USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

Thanks ,

Later

Me 
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7965 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I don`t have Windows Op/Sys , but can`t you insert the USB drive into your PC and fine the file extension that way ?

I had a PC , and I think there is a way to find out what the extension is.

In any event , a PC should read it , I might be an .avi file.

How do you use the F8000 to record a show ? Do you record off air or cable box ?
Does it work with video apps like Amazon I. V. / VUDU / You Tube ?
What is the length of time you can record ?

I never heard of this , it would be fairly cool , not to doubt what you are saying , but you are getting the F8000 itself to record incoming content to a USB drive ?

Flash drive or HDD , capacity ? USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

Thanks ,

Later

Me 
I thought so too, but looks like if the format is unknown for the PC it doesn't show what's the extension in the Properties menu.

Well I can record anything from any channel on my list. We have the cable system here, no extra boxes or cards (well at least for now)...
Just press the Guide button and then press the yellow button and there you have a recording settings. From there I set which channel, and time.
I'm using normal USB sticks, 2.0 (I think).
About the lenght I can't tell, but for sure 3+ hours, I didn't record longer yet.
post #7966 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the info , I am going to try this !!

Later ,

G. 
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7967 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi sammiesamson ,

I tried it with a blank 3.0 flash drive , it went through the checking and formatting process , however it would not record , and I had to do the formatting in the media page of the smart hub.

When I would hit guide then yellow button it just gave me the option to schedule a viewing not to record , so how the heck can I make it work

OO__BTW , the format is straight MS-DOS - Fat , with a proprietary file extension , my Mac could not read it after the F8000 formatted it , I had to go to disc utility and that is were I got the info on how it was formatted on the F8000.

Strange ... I had my "motion" control off and formatting the drive automatically turned it on and there was no way to remove the drive ( safely eject ) so I turned the tv off and then unplugged it.

O__well , if you have any further tips let me know , thanks.

I can tell you that even though it gets formatted in straight MS-Dos , Win. 8.1 can`t read it because of the dos shell ( GUI ).

Later

Me 
post #7968 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
sammiesamson I assume your over in Europe, we can't record anything here in the states that way.
jedi29 likes this.
post #7969 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
sammiesamson I assume your over in Europe, we can't record anything here in the states that way.
Hi ,

I`m from the Northeast US ( cold NE ) and that must be why it would only format.

O--well it would have been fairly cool if it really recorded content.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Later ,

G 
post #7970 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 02:00 PM

Yes I come from Europe, and I can set a schedule for recording like I said, through Guide...

Looks like we in EU have at least something better than you guys over there. :P

Sent from the pocket rocket (LG G3) :P
post #7971 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Good luck UK ,

If I am ever in Europe , I will let you buy me a pint !!

Later

Gary 
post #7972 of 7980 Old 01-17-2015, 02:31 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Thanks!
Samsung uses Linux to format the external storage, but the recordings are encrypted. They can be transferred and decrypted to a PC, but it's not so easy. Check out the Samygo forums.
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7973 of 7980 Old 01-18-2015, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Good luck UK ,

If I am ever in Europe , I will let you buy me a pint !!

Later

Gary 
Well, I come from Slovenia, not from UK either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGrant View Post
Samsung uses Linux to format the external storage, but the recordings are encrypted. They can be transferred and decrypted to a PC, but it's not so easy. Check out the Samygo forums.
Thank you very much! I will definitelly check there.
post #7974 of 7980 Old 01-18-2015, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, I come from Slovenia, not from UK either.

Thank you very much! I will definitelly check there.
Well alright then , Slovenia it is , if I am ever in that direction. They do have brewskies , right !!

Later ,

G. 
post #7975 of 7980 Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

They have beer and fantastic fly fishing.
post #7976 of 7980 Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

DP
post #7977 of 7980 Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left field View Post
They have beer and fantastic fly fishing.
Haha, how you know that?
post #7978 of 7980 Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

I fish. In fact, I'm looking into booking a Soca trip for May.
post #7979 of 7980 Old Today, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Any news on a cinemax or Starz app?
post #7980 of 7980 Old Today, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romito201 View Post
Any news on a cinemax or Starz app?
I wish for a Straz app , I mean why not , gezz.

I am stuck with Comcast , and I can`t even use the FXNOW app. It really sux.

As far as Samsung , that is a big ? mark.

Comcast & Samsung were working together about 3 years ago to bring about the Xfinity app on Samsung tv`s to eliminate the need for cable boxes.

In 2013 after I bought my F8000 , I came across an unsecured web site by Comcast & Samsung that told employees of Comcast who own Samsung tv`s how to use the app.

It was really quite good , you would change your IP address to a secured Comcast sever and in turn it would download software from Samsung`s servers and change the Smart Hub to what the Xfinity X1 op/sys is today.

I called Samsung and that one time I actually had a conversation with one of the engineers at Samsung and was well aware of the web site I was talking about , he said "we tried to get it to work , but it kept crashing. We [Samsung] wanted to work with Comcast to either work on the original Xfinity app or develop a new one , but he said that Comcast ended the program and started there own , the X1 " He also asked how I found the web site , I told him I did a Google search for Samsung/Xfinity and it was the first choice , he went on to state that he thought that Comcast had already shut the site down. I asked would it work at all , he said you can try it if you want , but it will disable your Smart Hub and it will more than likely crash and you will have to reset the whole tv and start from scratch.

I decided that Comcast has done nothing right and it was not worth the risk.

So that ended the Xfinity app and Comcast having anything to do with Samsung apps for there premium services.

To bad , I have to rent 2 boxes that muck up more than I care to think about.

They can buy NBC , but they can`t provide there customers with quality service , all they know how to do is raise the rates.

If it were just me , I would dump them in a heart beat.

Nobody asked , just my opinion.

Later ,

Gary 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread