Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 267 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #7981 of 7982 Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
Well.. I just heard back from Samsung by telephone. This is definitely NORMAL with their top-level highest-quality sets. They don't appear to be budging from their opinion.

Attachment 499402
Believe it or not (not sure if I do) Samsung has FINALLY agreed to replace the panel in my TV. This after sending them the latest pictures, including "Jane" looking at the strange "spot" on the wall. The repair is supposed to happen next week. We'll see . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7982 of 7982 Unread Today, 11:43 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I guess the lack of any response to my post indicates that everyone else in the world (besides me) has moved on from this year-old TV model to something newer and shinier??? Must be nice.. but I gotta live with mine for some years to come . . .

The good part is that just today Samsung replaced the panel in my TV, which was originally delivered 4/10/14 and began showing the start of an image problem (see above post) around the end of May 2014. I first had the service person come out in mid-June 2014, but Samsung at that time rejected the recommendation to replace the panel. I tried again with Samsung in the weeks following, and again after that with no joy. Finally when I contacted Samsung again on 1/26/15 with my most recent pictures they agreed to send the Service Tech out again. The tech called me (on 1/26/15) and had me email my pictures. After I did he called me back and told me he had ordered the replacement panel and it would arrive in 5-7 days. Well, it came in yesterday and it was installed this morning. I've spent the past few hours going over settings with my AVS-HD709 Calibration disk and everything seems A-Ok at this point. Hopefully I can actually begin to enjoy watching TV again at this point... something that has been impossible over the past seven months. I had been tempted countless times to drag this TV out to the curb . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page