Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 267 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #7981 of 7995 Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
Well.. I just heard back from Samsung by telephone. This is definitely NORMAL with their top-level highest-quality sets. They don't appear to be budging from their opinion.

Attachment 499402
Believe it or not (not sure if I do) Samsung has FINALLY agreed to replace the panel in my TV. This after sending them the latest pictures, including "Jane" looking at the strange "spot" on the wall. The repair is supposed to happen next week. We'll see . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7982 of 7995 Old 01-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I guess the lack of any response to my post indicates that everyone else in the world (besides me) has moved on from this year-old TV model to something newer and shinier??? Must be nice.. but I gotta live with mine for some years to come . . .

The good part is that just today Samsung replaced the panel in my TV, which was originally delivered 4/10/14 and began showing the start of the image problem (see above post) around the end of May 2014. I first had the service person come out in mid-June 2014, but Samsung at that time rejected the recommendation to replace the panel. I tried again with Samsung in the weeks following, and again after that with no joy. Finally when I contacted Samsung again on 1/26/15 with my most recent pictures they agreed to send the Service Tech out again. The tech called me (on 1/26/15) and had me email my pictures. After I did he called me back and told me he had ordered the replacement panel and it would arrive in 5-7 days. Well, the panel came in yesterday and it was installed this morning. I've spent the past few hours going over settings with my AVS-HD709 Calibration disk and everything seems A-Ok at this point. Hopefully I can actually begin to enjoy watching TV again at this point... something that has been impossible over the past seven months. I had been tempted countless times to drag this TV out to the curb . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #7983 of 7995 Old 01-30-2015, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Today I got the TV back from the service. Ofcourse they had to make some failures on the TV housing, but at least it's on the rear side so it's not seeable.
But luckily they also fixed the main problem with HDMI's, they work now again. I also hope that Internet connection will now work like it should, withouth any losses of connection, and also that the TV won't turn on randomly by its self.

They've changed whole board, so I guess everything should be fixed now.

Fingers crossed.
post #7984 of 7995 Old 01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiesamson View Post
Today I got the TV back from the service. Ofcourse they had to make some failures on the TV housing, but at least it's on the rear side so it's not seeable.
But luckily they also fixed the main problem with HDMI's, they work now again. I also hope that Internet connection will now work like it should, withouth any losses of connection, and also that the TV won't turn on randomly by its self.

They've changed whole board, so I guess everything should be fixed now.

Fingers crossed.
Out of warranty ?

O__well , they must have replaced the main board if you were having HDMI issues .

I had mine replaced under warranty , in my home , after only 6 months.

Luckily only damage was to the screw heads from those damn electric screw drivers , I mean WTF>>> I told the guy to use a regular REAL screw driver , but he said `Oh we always use these now , if I didn`t want the set fixed so bad I would have booted him out on his kiester !! LOL

I was just curios , I have the 46" and had home service ?

Anyway good luck , if it was the main board m then you are good to go.

Later

G 
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7985 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM

Yes, luckily it's still in the warranty. Still have one year and two months of it.

Also with mine the issues with not working HDMI's appeared after few months of having it, but we finally managed to send it to service at the beginning of this year, because I got it through some connections and I don't have a regular warranty so a friend of my co-worker had to send it on service and blabla...

And yes, my co-worker said that they changed the main board so I guess everything should be fixed now.

Sent from the pocket rocket (LG G3) [emoji14]
post #7986 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeat2000 View Post
You can count me in as having the power cycle issue while watching TV through a FIOS box. I have the 65F8000 model. It's random, but I have noticed most of the time it can happen after 45mins-1 hour of the TV being on; the TV will go black for 2 secs, then the HDMI1 banner shows up and the program picture comes back. I swapped the HDMI cable and updated to the latest firmware. It still happens.

I have done a search through this thread and there doesn't appear to be a solution in place. Anyone know of any information on a fix?
I've had this problem since I've had the set. For me it happens after the TV has been on for about 10 minutes. It happens once each viewing session. It's definitely not a source issue since it happens with every source. Anyone know of any fix?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #7987 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, luckily it's still in the warranty. Still have one year and two months of it.

Also with mine the issues with not working HDMI's appeared after few months of having it, but we finally managed to send it to service at the beginning of this year, because I got it through some connections and I don't have a regular warranty so a friend of my co-worker had to send it on service and blabla...

And yes, my co-worker said that they changed the main board so I guess everything should be fixed now.

Sent from the pocket rocket (LG G3) [emoji14]
Hi ,

Well since the main board has now been replaced you will notice a big difference in over quality and function of the F8000.

Lucky , I had problems right off , color would not stabilize , intermittent HDMI issues , just a lot that did not seem right.

After the MB was replaced , my color has much improved and of course the HDMI , works with my cable box.

The thing that prompted such a fast response from Samsung is that I went to the sub-service menu of my cable box ( RNG-150HD ) and it stated there was a non compliant TV hooked up without HDCP and no audio signal could not be passed to the non compliant monitor.

Once I told that to Samsung , A tech was out in a couple of days with a new MB , it took about 45 minutes , and I was back in business , I asked the tech if he had replaced these in the past , and he said "more than just a few" , but the replacements are far superior to the original he went on to say { in not so many words ! }.

16 months later , and still holding , the F8000 will never be a perfect tv , the whole design is completely wrong and the Linux based op-sys , well , they could have done it different , but more costly.

In the end it is what it is , something to watch

Take care

Later ,

Gary 
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7988 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post
I've had this problem since I've had the set. For me it happens after the TV has been on for about 10 minutes. It happens once each viewing session. It's definitely not a source issue since it happens with every source. Anyone know of any fix?
Hi ,

Are you having HDMI audio issues ?

If so , that could be you have a failing MB.

The main board controls so much of the overall operation of the F8000`s , that when I had mine replaced , even Samsung`s crappy phone support told me , I will have a tech bring a MB with him , that sounds like the problem.

I looked on You Tube , and there is [was] a video about how to replace the main board in a Samsung TV.

The video shows other boards , but just the connector board and the power supply board , so if the tv turns on , even though it might be erratic , it still would come down to the MB.

I am like 90% certain that you are having a MB failure , however if you are not have audio issues as well , I would be looking at the power supply board.

Just my thoughts , good luck.

Me 

PS: back in Oct. 2013 cost of MB was just under 400 , and labor was around 600.

You can Google Samsung parts , and a few will pop up , that is where I got the price , and I asked the tech after he was finished how much this would have cost for labor if it was not a warranty issue , he said " around 600" , I asked , just for labor , he said well , it`s travel time / installation / misc.

So just like a car , labor is more than the part !!
post #7989 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post
Hi ,

Well since the main board has now been replaced you will notice a big difference in over quality and function of the F8000.

Lucky , I had problems right off , color would not stabilize , intermittent HDMI issues , just a lot that did not seem right.

After the MB was replaced , my color has much improved and of course the HDMI , works with my cable box.

The thing that prompted such a fast response from Samsung is that I went to the sub-service menu of my cable box ( RNG-150HD ) and it stated there was a non compliant TV hooked up without HDCP and no audio signal could not be passed to the non compliant monitor.

Once I told that to Samsung , A tech was out in a couple of days with a new MB , it took about 45 minutes , and I was back in business , I asked the tech if he had replaced these in the past , and he said "more than just a few" , but the replacements are far superior to the original he went on to say { in not so many words ! }.

16 months later , and still holding , the F8000 will never be a perfect tv , the whole design is completely wrong and the Linux based op-sys , well , they could have done it different , but more costly.

In the end it is what it is , something to watch

Take care

Later ,

Gary 
Well for now it works, hope I won't have to send it ever again to the service.

But the Internet problem is still present.
I'm starting to think that maybe this was not a TV's problem from the beginning. Maybe it's really something with my router or something. But then I'm wondering why I can watch normally for instance videos on my smartphone or iPad for quite a long time, without any losses of connection...
When I watch a movie in Plex it's from time to time it's loading a move on a few seconds... it's impossible to normally watch.
And then sometimes it "stucks" and throws out a warning that connecting has been lost.

I'm so pissed off because of that. Can't watch a movie normally. :@

Do you have any ideas maybe?

Last edited by sammiesamson; Yesterday at 12:58 PM.
post #7990 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi ,

Are you having HDMI audio issues ?

If so , that could be you have a failing MB.

The main board controls so much of the overall operation of the F8000`s , that when I had mine replaced , even Samsung`s crappy phone support told me , I will have a tech bring a MB with him , that sounds like the problem.

I looked on You Tube , and there is [was] a video about how to replace the main board in a Samsung TV.

The video shows other boards , but just the connector board and the power supply board , so if the tv turns on , even though it might be erratic , it still would come down to the MB.

I am like 90% certain that you are having a MB failure , however if you are not have audio issues as well , I would be looking at the power supply board.

Just my thoughts , good luck.

Me 

PS: back in Oct. 2013 cost of MB was just under 400 , and labor was around 600.

You can Google Samsung parts , and a few will pop up , that is where I got the price , and I asked the tech after he was finished how much this would have cost for labor if it was not a warranty issue , he said " around 600" , I asked , just for labor , he said well , it`s travel time / installation / misc.

So just like a car , labor is more than the part !!
I'm not having any HDMI problems and am really not having any problems with the set other than this issue. I've had this problem since I bought the set, but since many others did too, I figured Samsung would eventually fix it (stupid assumption I know). Anyway, for me it's the exact same issue every time - regardless of source. About 10-15 minutes after I turn on the TV, the picture goes black for a second and then comes back on and the "HDMI" banner appears. The power does NOT go off, so it's really just the same as if I was switching the source. It only happens once each viewing session. I do have a Square Trade warranty so I guess I could call them, but I was hoping to see if anyone else experiencing this had a fix. In fairness, it's really not a huge deal b/c it only happens once during each viewing session and it's literally just a one second annoyance.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #7991 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well for now it works, hope I won't have to send it ever again to the service.

I'm starting to think that maybe this was not a TV's problem from the beginning. Maybe it's really something with my router or something. But then I'm wondering why I can watch normally for instance videos on my smartphone or iPad for quite a long time, without any losses of connection...
When I watch a movie in Plex it's from time to time it's loading a move on a few seconds... it's impossible to normally watch.
And then sometimes it "stucks" and throws out a warning that connecting has been lost.

Hi ,

Are you hard wired and not using the wireless ? , that is a huge problem with these sets , the wireless card is junk.

You could try changing ( manually ) you DNS in the internet setup ( short cut is status / look for internet symbol on upper left of screen and push that , then manually change just the Domain Name Server to 8.8.8.8 , that will allow you to use Google`s public server instead
of your internet providers server , you will still be ping off your providers IP , just getting a different sever to serve. I know . complicated , I still don`t get !! LOL

As far as PLEX , I don`t have that , if I want to use Screen Share or mirroring I use my Galaxy 2014 Ed. tablet , ( even though my main computers are Apple ).

I know that without a third party app , IOS dose not work with Linux , well it might , but not with the F8000`s op-sys.

I hope this helps , just a little

Later

G. 
post #7992 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post
I'm not having any HDMI problems and am really not having any problems with the set other than this issue. I've had this problem since I bought the set, but since many others did too, I figured Samsung would eventually fix it (stupid assumption I know). Anyway, for me it's the exact same issue every time - regardless of source. About 10-15 minutes after I turn on the TV, the picture goes black for a second and then comes back on and the "HDMI" banner appears. The power does NOT go off, so it's really just the same as if I was switching the source. It only happens once each viewing session. I do have a Square Trade warranty so I guess I could call them, but I was hoping to see if anyone else experiencing this had a fix. In fairness, it's really not a huge deal b/c it only happens once during each viewing session and it's literally just a one second annoyance.
Hi ,
See above post , you to might want to make sure you are hard wired and using Google`s sever.

As far as the tv going to the "HDMI" not connected screen , that tells me the problem is not the tv , but with the device that is connected to it , but you mentioned all inputs , if so and you have verified that all your HDMI cable are good and up to spec. ( 1.4 or > ) , then we are back to the main board that might be going bad , it sounds like an intermittent short to ground or a cold solder joint.

What happens is as the set heats up , the connection is broken , until the set cools down enough to restore the connection.

IF , that is the case , it can not be repaired , at least not an in home repair. Cold solder joints can be hard to find sometimes and require a tech to "high volt " the board to look for a spark or arcing where non should exists.

High voltage low amperage as not to burn out the parts , but still you need the gear to perform the test ( very pricey ) , so it would need to be "bench tested" and the solder joint replaced and or part replaced.

If it did come down to the main board , it would be cheaper to replace , than to repair.

I hope this info help , good luck ,

Gary 
post #7993 of 7995 Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I was having exactly the same problem. Constantly losing the connection while my other devices were fine. When I bought a new router to accommodate increased broadband speeds my TV network connection issues disappeared completely. Hasn't dropped the connection since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sammiesamson likes this.
post #7994 of 7995 Old Today, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbol View Post
I was having exactly the same problem. Constantly losing the connection while my other devices were fine. When I bought a new router to accommodate increased broadband speeds my TV network connection issues disappeared completely. Hasn't dropped the connection since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But the thing is, that I have a router that's about 6 months old (if not less), and I think it's a pretty good one. It's Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H.

Here is the link:
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/en...-access-point/
post #7995 of 7995 Unread Today, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi ,
See above post , you to might want to make sure you are hard wired and using Google`s sever.

As far as the tv going to the "HDMI" not connected screen , that tells me the problem is not the tv , but with the device that is connected to it , but you mentioned all inputs , if so and you have verified that all your HDMI cable are good and up to spec. ( 1.4 or > ) , then we are back to the main board that might be going bad , it sounds like an intermittent short to ground or a cold solder joint.

What happens is as the set heats up , the connection is broken , until the set cools down enough to restore the connection.

IF , that is the case , it can not be repaired , at least not an in home repair. Cold solder joints can be hard to find sometimes and require a tech to "high volt " the board to look for a spark or arcing where non should exists.

High voltage low amperage as not to burn out the parts , but still you need the gear to perform the test ( very pricey ) , so it would need to be "bench tested" and the solder joint replaced and or part replaced.

If it did come down to the main board , it would be cheaper to replace , than to repair.

I hope this info help , good luck ,

Gary 
I'm actually not getting an "HDMI not connected" screen. I also don't have any issues with my internet connection. For me, all that happens is about 10 minutes after I turn on the set, the picture turns to a black screen for a second and then the picture immediately comes back on. This happens regardless of the input I'm watching. When the picture comes back on (assuming I am using HDMI1) it says "HDMI1 1920x1080" on the top left and the date/time on the top right. It's really just re-establishing the input. It only happens once and then I could watch for hours and hours and it won't happen again unless I power down and then power back up the TV. Since it happens so quickly after the set is powered on and then does not happen again regardless of how long the set is on, I do not think it's as a result of the set heating up. I do know that there are a bunch of other people on this forum that have the same problem though.

I called Square Trade and they set up a service call. They are also sending two parts to my house. I asked about that and the tech said based on what I described, it's likely one of three parts - 2 of which he can send to me, but the third he couldn't. I guess I'll know more when I get the actual parts and we'll see if it fixes it.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page