Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 270 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #8071 of 8097 Old 04-01-2015, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 47
1207 :

Still here , results , undetermined at this time.

The notice STILL appears stating that "Samsung`s Signature App`s Service" _ fitness & kids , is ending on April 1st 2015.

On F8K web-browser "more exciting changes to come"

User settings , unaffected.

Just because we now have 1207 , it does mean the "Smart Hub" will NOT be overhauled.

Check your NEW e-manual , is states there is a new " news" section that has yet to present itself.

Also , reference back to the info using the F8K browser , LOOK at the DATES between 3/28/2015 ~ and 4/7/2015.

Samsung is leaving the required lead way to complete said operation , whatever "said" is.

Don`t worry , what ever happens to the F8K , it was asking for it anyway !!

Sleep well , for tomorrow we fight and take prisoners.

Later

Gary 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8097 Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post
1207 :

Still here , results , undetermined at this time.

The notice STILL appears stating that "Samsung`s Signature App`s Service" _ fitness & kids , is ending on April 1st 2015.

On F8K web-browser "more exciting changes to come"

User settings , unaffected.

Just because we now have 1207 , it does mean the "Smart Hub" will NOT be overhauled.

Check your NEW e-manual , is states there is a new " news" section that has yet to present itself.

Also , reference back to the info using the F8K browser , LOOK at the DATES between 3/28/2015 ~ and 4/7/2015.

Samsung is leaving the required lead way to complete said operation , whatever "said" is.

Don`t worry , what ever happens to the F8K , it was asking for it anyway !!

Sleep well , for tomorrow we fight and take prisoners.

Later

Gary 
It say news on is not available in the us and Canada so I doubt we will be getting it anytime soon
post #8073 of 8097 Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

LOL , you could be right !

I highly doubt that Samsung has any clue

Later

Me 
post #8074 of 8097 Old 04-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Since I normally keep "Auto Update" turned off, I initiated a manual update to 1207 yesterday evening. Afterwards I didn't notice any changes. But a few hours later when I turned off the set I got a message stating that the "Camera firmware was updating" and the TV would turn off after the update was complete . . .

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #8075 of 8097 Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Well , thats Samsung for `ya , the owners being the last to know.

I have my camera disabled , so I am unaware of any updates , I suppose if I had my camera turn on it may prompt for an update.

As far as 1207 , it`s not finished yet , really , I have everything on manual update , so every time I turn the F8K on ( since yesterday ) and go to the app`s pane , at the bottom there is a request for an update. It is the "e-manual" update , I did it , and still every time the tv is turned on , it keeps requesting the e-manual update.

As I have said many times , Samsung themselves don`t know what they are doing. !

I truly believe that , there customer service is so bad , that it is better to fight the tv than it is to call for help

Read my last post , we have until 4/7/15 , after that , who knows

Later

G. 
post #8076 of 8097 Old 04-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 37
These updates are scary.

Just about everything "smart" about this TV is dumb as hell.
I don't even bother with netflix and amazon video anymore if I care at all about what I am watching.

I just have this thing dialed in where I don't miss my plasma anymore and at times the picture is stunning, now I have my PS3 issue resolved, I hope they don't break anything.
post #8077 of 8097 Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post
These updates are scary.

Just about everything "smart" about this TV is dumb as hell.
I don't even bother with netflix and amazon video anymore if I care at all about what I am watching.

I just have this thing dialed in where I don't miss my plasma anymore and at times the picture is stunning, now I have my PS3 issue resolved, I hope they don't break anything.

LOL ___

Yup , it definitely is one of the dumber smart tv`s out there !!

Later

Me 
post #8078 of 8097 Old 04-04-2015, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any release notes for 1207 ? ...the usual "improved picture quality" ?
Everything looks the same ? No ill effects ?

I'm still at 1206 and yesterday, I still got another "...ending on April 1st" message ...and yes, when I went to the
apps, a few got deleted and a download for "e-manual".
post #8079 of 8097 Old 04-04-2015, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow201 View Post
Any release notes for 1207 ? ...the usual "improved picture quality" ?
Everything looks the same ? No ill effects ?

I'm still at 1206 and yesterday, I still got another "...ending on April 1st" message ...and yes, when I went to the
apps, a few got deleted and a download for "e-manual".
Hi ,

No ill effects from 1207 , all of your settings will remain just the way they were set.

I see NO change in picture quality , good or bad.

The 1207 update is a foundation update for a future change to the Smart Hub , date and time are unknown.

I to still get the " April 1st" message , Samsung`s severs will be doing that until the 7th ( actually don`t be surprised to see them for a few days after ).

Since March 31st every time I go to the apps section of the smart hub , at the bottom , it asked me to update , and the update has been the same , "update the e-manual" .

Just for the sake of not seeing that every time I open the apps pane , I do the update , it is big , like 55+ MB big.

The update never happens , if you look at your memory status , it stays the same.

I don`t believe everyone will get the same messages or update request , as Samsung as slave severs all over , and not all might have the same info to relay.

I still think a Smart Hub change is coming , just don`t know when , and neither does Samsung.

FYIW:

3 years ago Samsung was working with Comcast to develop an app to add to the smart hub that would eliminate the need for cable boxes.

The app took over the smart hub and all you had was the baby X1 platform , they could not find away to keep the app as well as the other apps because in order to make the Comcast app work properly it needed to be synced with Comcast`s severs and not Samsung`s severs.

There was a separate and dedicated I.P. address the end user would need to enter upon reset of the tv.

Once that IP was entered and you used your Comcast - P/W , the smart hub would become the X1 platform.

It did not work properly , voice commands were off , no real integration with the tv.

While Samsung was still willing to work with Comcast on the app , Comcast decided to develop there on , thus the modern X1 ( I don`t have it , and Comcast just dropped the price ) was born.

That is why HBO is going public , so to speak , breaking off from cable companies and letting people pay them directly for there service ( it won`t be full up for a few months yet ) , like NetFlix.

That is great !!

Comcast is akin to the old Ma Bell phone system before the FCC. You wanted to make a call ? you had no choice but to use Bell Phone Service ( I am talking `30s ~ 40s , for you young people ).

It was a monopoly , and with Comcast buy NBC / getting involved with NASCAR / and so forth , there will come a time when that start to lose there customer base.

Comcast just came out with a $70 per month + fees ( rental of boxes / modems , line usage etc. ) that includes HBO + Basic + High Speed ( performance broad band ) , to lure people away from going completely independent.

Of course people ( like myself ) enjoy sports , and there is no app for the MLB / NFL etc. you would still need cable to watch a game , or if you live close enough an antenna might work.

So there it is , the finality of it all , we need the it all , today.

However , I do see a time when Comcast bubble will burst. It may not happen in my life time , but maybe yours.

As you can tell from my post turned small book , I feel Comcast needs to realize exactly the ramifications of it`s actions.

OK -- not that everyone is asleep , I shall take my leave.

Later

Gary 
post #8080 of 8097 Old 04-06-2015, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Today, my F8000 starts to fail.....big time.
The input TV just switches the channels (very fast), one after the other (not all pre-set, just some random channels, but same order again and again. It is impossible to change to another input, because it switches back automatically to TV input. And starts the automatic switching again. Choosing the menu (to go to reset) is also impossible, because the switching of channels overrides all other commands. .
Only the smarthub seems to work (selecting Netflix seems to work for now).
Disconnecting the TV from power, also does not solve it.

Seems I have to contact Samsung. My warranty is till July (2 years), so hopefully it can be fixed.

Anyone facing these issues?
post #8081 of 8097 Old 04-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland108 View Post
Today, my F8000 starts to fail.....big time.
The input TV just switches the channels (very fast), one after the other (not all pre-set, just some random channels, but same order again and again. It is impossible to change to another input, because it switches back automatically to TV input. And starts the automatic switching again. Choosing the menu (to go to reset) is also impossible, because the switching of channels overrides all other commands. .
Only the smarthub seems to work (selecting Netflix seems to work for now).
Disconnecting the TV from power, also does not solve it.

Seems I have to contact Samsung. My warranty is till July (2 years), so hopefully it can be fixed.

Anyone facing these issues?
Sorry to hear this. I am expecting this set to not last more than a few years but I know I will be mad as a nest of hornets when it does die.

Hopefully OLED will be cheaper when I am shopping next time.
post #8082 of 8097 Old 04-09-2015, 03:36 AM

Liked: 0
Anyone please help me to find out Total Runtime in F8000, I mean how long TV has been watched?

TIA
post #8083 of 8097 Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enam101 View Post
Anyone please help me to find out Total Runtime in F8000, I mean how long TV has been watched?

TIA
Hi ,

Unless you know the base operating system , I thinks it`s Linux and how to access it , then there really is no easy way.

I understand what you are asking , the Sony dvd players used to have a code that you could view hours of operation.

Sorry , I can`t help , but I can tell that the mean life span of an LED is a very long time , and I don`t think they dim , I think they just go out , although I have never seen a burned out LED.

Curious ; I have a wall switch in my home that has an LED inside the toggle part and I have had the switch for about 45 years when ever I had to move , I have taken it with me.

I tried Home Dep. and Lowes , and both places have never even heard of such a switch.

Comes in handy when entering a dark room , like a home theater !!

Later

Gary 
post #8084 of 8097 Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 149
^^^
45 years? Are you sure its not neon? I've seen illuminated wall switches where the toggle lever had a neon light hidden away inside of it . . .
jedi29 likes this.

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .

Last edited by WS65711; 04-09-2015 at 10:12 AM.
post #8085 of 8097 Old 04-09-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
^^^
45 years? Are you sure its not neon? I've seen illuminated wall switches where the toggle lever had a neon light hidden away inside of it . . .
Hi ,

Now that you mention it , maybe it is neon , I always thought it was an LED

LOL___ after all these years !!

Later ,

G. 
post #8086 of 8097 Old 04-10-2015, 02:57 PM

Installed 1207 a few days ago. I see no difference in the picture or the hub, though, I do get the same as
Gary, meaning, if checking for app update, "e-manual" always needs updating.
Is there even an icon for the "e-manual" ?
post #8087 of 8097 Old 04-10-2015, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow201 View Post
Installed 1207 a few days ago. I see no difference in the picture or the hub, though, I do get the same as
Gary, meaning, if checking for app update, "e-manual" always needs updating.
Is there even an icon for the "e-manual" ?
Hi , Gary here !!

To find the e-manual hit:

Menu / Support , then highlight " e-manual / Trouble Shooting "

OK__ it is past the 7th , now I am getting ticked , here we are on the 10th and I still get the up-date the e-manual , it is 55 Mb + and yet when I click to update ,there is no reduction in memory , in other words the only thing that is happening is I am clearing the prompt.

Turn tv off , then back on , it`s back ...

Calling Samsung is useless " they couldn`t pour piss out of a boot with instructions written on the heal" ( Union solder / deserter tells that to Col. Chamberlain , July 2 1863 ).

Later

Gary 
post #8088 of 8097 Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys - this may have been answered at some time throughout the thread, and I apologize in advance if it has: Anyway, my Samsung logo no longer lights up at all (just stopped one day) and regardless of digging into the menu to activate, yet it just will not light up. For some people, it's more of a nuisance and they turn it off anyway, but personally, I like it. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, is there a simple solution? (hard reset, or just an easy replacement LED?). Again, I have went into the menu and changed the setting so the logo would stay lit, but its still will no longer light up.

Any help would be much appreciated!
post #8089 of 8097 Old 04-14-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi ,

Sorry to hear that , I like the lighted logo too ( when tv is on ).

It is not an easy fix , you would have to remove the stand / back panel / find the problem ( might not be the LED ) and get a replacement part.

Sadly , I can only think of 2 options :

Live with a no light logo.

Call a repair guy to fix it , if you do , ask him to triple check the main board while he got the thing apart.

My MB chit -to- bed about 6 months after I bought it , but that was about a year and a half ago.

I know it is not firmware related , but my F8K has been fluky ever since 1207

If you go the repair route and it is not in warranty , don`t even waste your time with Samsung , you have enough grief as it is.

Good luck to `ya

Later ,

Gary 
post #8090 of 8097 Old 04-15-2015, 12:35 PM

Liked: 13
Sathron, have you tried unplugging the TV for a bit? That seems to fix strange issues usually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #8091 of 8097 Old 04-15-2015, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbol View Post
Sathron, have you tried unplugging the TV for a bit? That seems to fix strange issues usually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi ,

Although that does not usually work , the F8K seems to like being unplugged !!

Seriously , I hope that would do it , but it sounds more terminal than a fluke.

But when it comes to what Samsung makes , standing on your head might even work !

Later

Gary 
post #8092 of 8097 Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the input Gary and ronbol...I had tried unplugging for a while, sadly that hadn't worked $%#& !!

I may have to take Gary's initial advice and live with it, or call for service. I did buy it with an extended warranty from New Leaf , but doubt a replacement light would be covered?
post #8093 of 8097 Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathron View Post
Thanks for the input Gary and ronbol...I had tried unplugging for a while, sadly that hadn't worked $%#& !!

If may have to take Gary's initial advice and live with it, or call for service. I did buy it with an extended warranty from New Leaf , but doubt a replacement light would be covered?
Hi ,

If you have an extended warranty , then ALL PARTS and LABOR should be covered , check your policy or call them , a broken part is a broken part.

If they agreed to provide you with 100% coverage , then they have to fix the light.

PUSH them , fair is fair , and far to many people are out to make a fast buck and leave the customer in the lurch.

DON`T LET THAT HAPPEN

If I was underwriting , it would be fixed . ( period ! )

Stand your ground , if you paid , then they must pay.

Good luck , all my hopes , and post what happens. TY

Later

Me , 

Last edited by jedi29; Yesterday at 02:20 PM. Reason: missing a letter
post #8094 of 8097 Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else seeing their TV say that it can't get to the internet even though it's connected to my wifi and knows it can access my internal network. All other devices in my house can get to the internet just fine through the same access point.
post #8095 of 8097 Old Today, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Yup .

I have seen the triangle in the Status bar more than a few times

2 things that will help , change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 ( you will be bouncing off google , but they don`t care). Also ( this is weird and makes no sense , but it works ) just turn the tv off for about 30 seconds , make sure the F8K is set to login automatically.

After the red light flashes 5 times , in 7 seconds your logon name will appear at the top of the screen and then you can verify that you are logged in by pushing the status button.

U gotta luv Samsung

Later

Gary  
post #8096 of 8097 Old Today, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Well , I am out , again.

Using my MacBP/R , I checked the Samsung`s severs and although my F8K logs me in , I am not connected.

F45@ing Samsung , they need to get there chit together , there phones are down , there chat is down , there video conference is down.

Why don`t they just give everybody a refund on there purchase so they can buy I real tv !

This SUX !

Me 
post #8097 of 8097 Old Today, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is a link to check there ( Samsung`s severs ) :

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

G  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread