Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 271 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #8101 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi Guy`s ,

Yes , I did the whole cable modem + router reset.

Still nothing , the weird thing is this time was NO triangle in the Status bar

I usually get that , also it would log me in auto , like I have it set , but when I would go to status to check it stated I was not connected.

Logged in , but not connected ???

So I remember a status web site , so I got out my MPB/r and did a google search and there were literally hundreds of replies from people all over the world have the same issue and the web site itself confirmed a down status , as it was not receiving any ping backs.

Here is the link again , I suggest you bookmark it !!

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

Seems like the best way to see if any site you need up is running or it`s your gear.

I have a Motorola DOCSIS 3 Surf-Board and a WD router , both check fine yesterday.

It was that cooky Samsung , I mean geez , can`t they get it right.

Sorry you guys had problems , was it your first time ?

For me , this has happened on several occasions , it really gets me , as I am sure you can tell by reading my post from yesterday , sorry !

Later

Gary 

PS:

Thanks for posting

Last edited by jedi29; 04-20-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 10:29 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post
Here is the link again , I suggest you bookmark it !!

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

Sorry you guys had problems , was it your first time ?
Thanks for the link. This was the first time for me.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #8103 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Happy to help !!

Samsung really needs to figure things out , this sort of thing has happened to me in the past , some worst than others.

There have been times when my whole app pane of the Smart Hub would be wiped , and I had to log back into all my sites . VUDU/ YT , etc.

I real pain , O_ well , it can`t be the latest firmware , but 1207 is very buggy , we need 1208 soon !!

Later

Me 
post #8104 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 70
The funny thing is that I never thought it was Samsung web site.. The system message said it was able to connect to my network but was not able to connect to Internet and to contact my ISP..

Since all my devices worked (ipad, iphone, several computers) with the internet, I assumed it was the hardwired cable. Was going to replace it which would have been a lot of work for me since my TV is hanging and the wire is going thru the attic. Also, I couldn't get the wi-fi setup working so I was thinking the wire went dead or something was wrong on my end. .

Very frustrating that is for sure when you find out it isn't our equipment, it is Samsung!
jedi29 likes this.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #8105 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes , there have been times when it as gone out and I first noticed it with Amazon IV and called them , and during the conversation , I found other app`s not working correctly.

One time , while I was on the phone with Amazon , I tried connecting to YT to find I needed to sign back in , and when I did AIV stopped again.

Another time I got up one morning and went to use a weather app , and all of a sudden apps started disappearing . literally evaporating before before my eyes.
I tried to go to the app store , but I could not get in , "I don`t have time for this" , I came back a few hours later , all was normal , but I still had to reload my apps and sign in again.

These F8K`s sometimes can be so much fun !! { NOT } LOL

I don`t think 1208 would fix it , but 1207 is a bad firmware update IMO

Later

G 
post #8106 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrament055 View Post
Anyone else seeing their TV say that it can't get to the internet even though it's connected to my wifi and knows it can access my internal network. All other devices in my house can get to the internet just fine through the same access point.

This describes the problem I've had for over a year. I ended up replacing my router with a new one that could handle the speed increase from my ISP and that unexpectedly fixed the issue with the TV. Hasn't had a problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jedi29 likes this.
post #8107 of 8301 Old 04-20-2015, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbol View Post
This describes the problem I've had for over a year. I ended up replacing my router with a new one that could handle the speed increase from my ISP and that unexpectedly fixed the issue with the TV. Hasn't had a problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info

Maybe I should look into a new router , I had the issue again today , strange though all I had to do is turn the tv off and back on.

The same thing has happened on several occasions where it would be a minor disruption not an outage like yesterday.

But Comcast has not increased there speed by that much , only a few Mb faster , if I went from 10 to 50 , then yes I could see it , I picked up the DOCSIS 3 because my old D-2 was end of service. Would even a minor increase cause an issue ? My router is also hooked up to my Mac-Mini / Oppo 103D / and PS3 ( and F8K ).

Good post

Thanks !

Later

Gary 
post #8108 of 8301 Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
i just had a black out.. when power came back. tv turned on on its own.. i turned it off.. when i was ready to watch the tv, turned it on.. all the setting are wrong.. the tv doesnt even show HD.. all the setting are turned off. grayed out.. only a few i could change.. the bad part is i paid for someone to come out and calibrate it. long time ago.. now i dont know how to get my setting back.. is there a way to get my setting back??
i disconnected the power cord for now.. i hope that helpss
post #8109 of 8301 Old 04-22-2015, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi ,

If you had it calibrated by an ISF rep. then those settings are saved ( at least they should be ).

I can`t say whats going on with your tv and all the normal fixes , just don`t want to work. ( stuff you tried already )

Try this:

Unplug the F8K (tv) about 30 sec. then plug it back in , then press and hold the power button on the back of the tv and see if the tv turns back off. It should only come back on for a couple of seconds , if longer than that and the tv is still on , then that did not work. ( idea is to flash the rom ).

If you still have stuff greyed out , then I just have one more trick , but it usually only works with Mac`s.

Unplug the tv again and while it is unplugged press and hold for 15 sec. the power button on the back of tv. ( idea is to clear the rom )

Then plug tv back in and use the remote to turn it on.

If it is still greyed out , then you should get in touch with a service rep. or the ISF rep who did your tv. If it was ISF`d , they won`t repair it , but they might be able to refer you to someone who can repair the tv.
Once it is back to normal , your ISF settings should come back as well.

Good luck , please post how you made out

Later

Gary 
post #8110 of 8301 Old 04-22-2015, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,
so I noticed that my 75" f8000 bought 4 months ago developed like what seems to be an horizontal banding problem.
I don't recall I saw it before (I inspected it quite in details). But I do now.
My panel is wall mounted (not sure if the issue could be due to that)

Its visible maybe 20% of the time, specially when panning. its not DSE as its a clean straight line with a little lighter tones below and darker tones on top.
It's about 8" from the top all accross the screen.
Its visible on mid tones backgrounds, like grey backgrounds, DVD menus etc...

It is very distracting.

I wanted to know if this is something that can be fixed. If not how do you guys usually deal with this? I want to avoid hoops and loops with Samsung support/warranty.

thanks!
post #8111 of 8301 Old 04-22-2015, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Some material will show banding , but when compared to other sets , the F8K fairs well.

I but what you are seeing is like a faint rainbow banding , right ? if = normal

I had a Sony XBR2 and you could see banding , same stuff on the F8K is hardly noticeable to old eyes , well not that old !! LOL

Later

G. 
post #8112 of 8301 Old 04-22-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Some material will show banding , but when compared to other sets , the F8K fairs well.

I but what you are seeing is like a faint rainbow banding , right ? if = normal

I had a Sony XBR2 and you could see banding , same stuff on the F8K is hardly noticeable to old eyes , well not that old !! LOL

Later

G. 
its not a rainbow. its like a straight thin line all accross. colors appear lightly lighter1/2" up and lightly darker 1/2" under. its faint. Ill try to send a pic.on a plain background it looks like a thin line clearly visible.
post #8113 of 8301 Old 04-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadaben View Post
its not a rainbow. its like a straight thin line all accross. colors appear lightly lighter1/2" up and lightly darker 1/2" under. its faint. Ill try to send a pic.on a plain background it looks like a thin line clearly visible.
Try to use the files from the AVS709 calibration DVD (see the calibration forum) so we can compare your pictures to what we see on our sets in real life...

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .

Blu-rays & DVD's
post #8114 of 8301 Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
OK , well I have never seen straight bands before.

The best way I can explain it is with the dvd King Kong , new release , during the open the green back ground always had a curvy banding in the upper part of the screen where the shading of green went from dark to light ( or vise versus ).

The only other time a straight thin line appeared in the upper part of of an old 32" XBR tube tv where there was a wire inside the tube that sometimes would be drawn against the phosphorus coating.

Good luck , O_ is it constant ? changing channels , inputs.

Later

Me 
post #8115 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
OK , well I have never seen straight bands before.

The best way I can explain it is with the dvd King Kong , new release , during the open the green back ground always had a curvy banding in the upper part of the screen where the shading of green went from dark to light ( or vise versus ).

The only other time a straight thin line appeared in the upper part of of an old 32" XBR tube tv where there was a wire inside the tube that sometimes would be drawn against the phosphorus coating.

Good luck , O_ is it constant ? changing channels , inputs.

Later

Me 
yeah I tried different inputs its always there.
You would not see it 80% of the time. only on plainer backgrounds in mid tones. whites or blacks dont exhibit it.
post #8116 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Bummer

Well at least it`s not something that is there all the time.

Later

Gary 
post #8117 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 10:33 AM

correct. well its there all the time but not visible all the time.
I was wondering if it could be caused by using a wall mount vs the TV stand. maybe it had some tension on the frame/panel
post #8118 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 11:15 AM

thats a crappy pic. but if you check at the level of the top of the window reflection, on the right you can see the faint line.
Its more visible in reality.
Ill try a night shot.
post #8119 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 11:19 AM

ok I tried to point it out lol

post #8120 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Thread Ender

I think you're going to have to come up with better pictures before Samsung will do anything. I'm speaking from experience with a past issue with my 65F8000.
Can you make yourself a copy of this Calibration DVD, and then use it to check out your set?
Aside from that, Samsung always seems to want to see the issue present in the built-in beach scene photo directly from the TV. In my case that was a sticking point, because the little dark complexioned boy on the beach was sitting in the EXACT SPOT as the dark blemish on my screen. That's much of the reason for why it took me 7 months to get them to agree to replace my screen.

and Bring Back Huddler!

Blu-rays & DVD's

Last edited by WS65711; 04-23-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added link to post 7366 of this thread
post #8121 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 12:52 PM

Ill try to get a pic at night. I was wondering if this was known issue though
post #8122 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
ok I tried to point it out lol

No , lol , good job !

I see the lines , and they don`t look straight _______ .

I truly don`t think it is because it is wall mounted or that your wall mount bracket is too tight.

It look almost like RF interference , and that`s weird with an LED tv. In theory thats not supposed to happen.

If it was a tube , then yup !! , thats your problem.

I don`t think LED`s are affected by magnets , and that is what it looks like.

I could be wrong , I am not perfect

I would go ahead and take some more shots , it looks like you are using a Galaxy Note , if so , add some more info after you take the shot , and add some color to your fonts , you want to get there attention.

I had 3 of the arrow buttons fall off the remote they sent me , and I took pics and circled in red , I wrote in green , whatever anyway , they sent me a new remote , no cost.

I have the Galaxy Note 2014 Sp.Ed. , I have used that function a few times to get my point across and it has come fairly close to paying for itself !!

Don`t be nasty , but stand your ground , let Samsung know this is not right !

I did not think I would get a new remote , but I did , thanks to there tablet !!

Good luck , please post !

Later

Me 
post #8123 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Thread Ender

Quote:
I see the lines , and they don`t look straight _______ .
I guess I must need new glasses. I'm not seeing anything.

and Bring Back Huddler!

Blu-rays & DVD's
post #8124 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

LOL , truly !! , not you me !

Maybe I am looking at the wrong side of the screen , I was looking at the left side.

I am seeing very little where the arrow is.

O__ geez

LOL

Later

G. 
post #8125 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 01:23 PM

yeah its very little where the arrow is on the pic. but in real life it shows a lot more. and Its VERY visible when panning with plain mid tones.
post #8126 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Thread Ender

Left side has a moire pattern (I think it's called) from taking a digital picture of a digital image. My image I linked to a few posts up has the same thing....

and Bring Back Huddler!

Blu-rays & DVD's

Last edited by WS65711; 04-23-2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added image
post #8127 of 8301 Old 04-23-2015, 03:39 PM

I wasn't referring to that at all.

What I get is 1 single straight line all accross the screen at about 8" from the top.
colors appear either a little lighter or darker above and under the line.
post #8128 of 8301 Old 04-24-2015, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I wasn't referring to that at all.

What I get is 1 single straight line all accross the screen at about 8" from the top.
colors appear either a little lighter or darker above and under the line.
O__ok , I think I see it now , in the first photo , just where the arrow is and in the second slightly under the area of the lamp on the wall , right ?

G 
post #8129 of 8301 Old 04-24-2015, 09:43 PM

The second picture is not my TV... It was a different poster.
Here I took another picture.
You should see something that looks like a straight line all across between the b and the top of the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1429936961357.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	684801  
post #8130 of 8301 Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
The second picture is not my TV... It was a different poster.
Here I took another picture.
You should see something that looks like a straight line all across between the b and the top of the picture.
I can see (barely) what you're talking about. But I will say again, you're going to need multiple pictures from different sources showing the issue, and Samsung is going to tell you to go to that built-in beach scene photo that I referred to a few posts back. I went round and round with them for 7 months and I know what they are going to ask for. And as you can see, the issue I had was MUCH worse than what you are seeing,

and Bring Back Huddler!

Blu-rays & DVD's
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page