Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 271 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8101 of 8107 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Hi Guy`s ,

Yes , I did the whole cable modem + router reset.

Still nothing , the weird thing is this time was NO triangle in the Status bar

I usually get that , also it would log me in auto , like I have it set , but when I would go to status to check it stated I was not connected.

Logged in , but not connected ???

So I remember a status web site , so I got out my MPB/r and did a google search and there were literally hundreds of replies from people all over the world have the same issue and the web site itself confirmed a down status , as it was not receiving any ping backs.

Here is the link again , I suggest you bookmark it !!

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

Seems like the best way to see if any site you need up is running or it`s your gear.

I have a Motorola DOCSIS 3 Surf-Board and a WD router , both check fine yesterday.

It was that cooky Samsung , I mean geez , can`t they get it right.

Sorry you guys had problems , was it your first time ?

For me , this has happened on several occasions , it really gets me , as I am sure you can tell by reading my post from yesterday , sorry !

Later

Gary 

PS:

Thanks for posting

Last edited by jedi29; Today at 10:24 AM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8107 Old Today, 10:29 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post
Here is the link again , I suggest you bookmark it !!

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

Sorry you guys had problems , was it your first time ?
Thanks for the link. This was the first time for me.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #8103 of 8107 Old Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Happy to help !!

Samsung really needs to figure things out , this sort of thing has happened to me in the past , some worst than others.

There have been times when my whole app pane of the Smart Hub would be wiped , and I had to log back into all my sites . VUDU/ YT , etc.

I real pain , O_ well , it can`t be the latest firmware , but 1207 is very buggy , we need 1208 soon !!

Later

Me 
post #8104 of 8107 Old Today, 11:13 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 65
The funny thing is that I never thought it was Samsung web site.. The system message said it was able to connect to my network but was not able to connect to Internet and to contact my ISP..

Since all my devices worked (ipad, iphone, several computers) with the internet, I assumed it was the hardwired cable. Was going to replace it which would have been a lot of work for me since my TV is hanging and the wire is going thru the attic. Also, I couldn't get the wi-fi setup working so I was thinking the wire went dead or something was wrong on my end. .

Very frustrating that is for sure when you find out it isn't our equipment, it is Samsung!
jedi29 likes this.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #8105 of 8107 Old Today, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes , there have been times when it as gone out and I first noticed it with Amazon IV and called them , and during the conversation , I found other app`s not working correctly.

One time , while I was on the phone with Amazon , I tried connecting to YT to find I needed to sign back in , and when I did AIV stopped again.

Another time I got up one morning and went to use a weather app , and all of a sudden apps started disappearing . literally evaporating before before my eyes.
I tried to go to the app store , but I could not get in , "I don`t have time for this" , I came back a few hours later , all was normal , but I still had to reload my apps and sign in again.

These F8K`s sometimes can be so much fun !! { NOT } LOL

I don`t think 1208 would fix it , but 1207 is a bad firmware update IMO

Later

G 
post #8106 of 8107 Old Today, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrament055 View Post
Anyone else seeing their TV say that it can't get to the internet even though it's connected to my wifi and knows it can access my internal network. All other devices in my house can get to the internet just fine through the same access point.

This describes the problem I've had for over a year. I ended up replacing my router with a new one that could handle the speed increase from my ISP and that unexpectedly fixed the issue with the TV. Hasn't had a problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jedi29 likes this.
post #8107 of 8107 Unread Today, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbol View Post
This describes the problem I've had for over a year. I ended up replacing my router with a new one that could handle the speed increase from my ISP and that unexpectedly fixed the issue with the TV. Hasn't had a problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info

Maybe I should look into a new router , I had the issue again today , strange though all I had to do is turn the tv off and back on.

The same thing has happened on several occasions where it would be a minor disruption not an outage like yesterday.

But Comcast has not increased there speed by that much , only a few Mb faster , if I went from 10 to 50 , then yes I could see it , I picked up the DOCSIS 3 because my old D-2 was end of service. Would even a minor increase cause an issue ? My router is also hooked up to my Mac-Mini / Oppo 103D / and PS3 ( and F8K ).

Good post

Thanks !

Later

Gary 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread