Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 272 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
yeah I hear you. it probably won't show up on the beach pic. you can't see it in bright scenes (or dark scenes). only on plain mid tone colors.
Its just disctracting when it shows up. and for that price you'd expect not to have this issue...
So it doesn't seem that this was a common issue. I was wondering if it could be something I could fix easily. even if its just replacing the T-con board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 08:10 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadaben View Post
... So it doesn't seem that this was a common issue. I was wondering if it could be something I could fix easily. even if its just replacing the T-con board.
I can't answer that one. Try some of those AVS calibration screens that I linked you to. If you can't make the DVD then just download the mp4's and run them from a USB flash drive plugged directly into the TV. Try different colors and different intensities of each color to determine at exactly what point it appears. Unfortunately I think if it never looks any worse than it does in your posted picture Samsung is going to be of little help. The worse if looks, the better the outcome will be for you. The problem in my picture was not always as bad as it appears there. It got worse over time. Samsung did NOTHING until it became unbearably bad. But even at that point there were times/colors/brightness levels where the issue would all but disappear.

I can tell you that a replacement screen costs about $1280, and the old "core" screen gets you back about $300 when returned to Samsung. I know this because I saw the service tech's invoice for the screen when he replaced mine.

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread