Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 275 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #8221 of 8222 Old 07-03-2015, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't know what is going on, but the past few weeks my 65F8000 displays the attached screen when attempting to change to certain channels, but fails.

I have DirecTV, Yamaha RX-V673 receiver and Harmony Ultimate remote.

I first thought my Harmony remote and hub were to blame, so I upgraded the firmware and it still did it. Confirmed it's not the Harmony since I get the same result when using the DirecTV remote.

Upgraded the Yamaha firmware and still get the same result.

The DirecTV box says it is up to date.

Any idea on why I am now having this issue? Have had the same setup for a year and a half. Now, can't seem to pick a channel from the guide, or manually enter a channel and have it switch, then this screen appears.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	810490  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8222 of 8222 Old Today, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Hey guys! Anyone with an F8000 hooked up to a PC I need you to test something. For some reason the F8000 in Dynamic/Standard/Natural/Movie has bleeding edges on texts and sharp lines (sharpness at zero) and the only way to get rid of this odd discoloration is to switch over to PC Mode. It's most obvious with text. On the edges of the letters there is a blue or orange bias, switching to PC Mode the odd coloration is gone and the image is more stable and looks like it would on a PC monitor. I've noticed this awhile ago but just thought it was because the F8000 has larger subpixels than my computer monitors but having switched to PC Mode the F8000 properly displays the image so it must be a picture processing issue.

I have the F8500 plasma in Movie Mode and it does not have the same discoloration... This seems to be a major picture processing error on the F8000. Should I mention it to Samsung support?

I looked around the picture settings to see if there was something I could change for it to look like PC Mode in terms of image stability but found nothing that effected the subpixel discoloration.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page