Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 7505 Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhans View Post

How can I get my F8000 to go directly to TV mode when I turn it on rather than going to Smart Hub?

This was explained to me just earlier tonight on the flagship thread:

"To fix it go to Menu>Snart Features>On TV Settings>Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Except for me "On TV Settings" is greyed out, so I can't change anything. I have no idea what to do.
eagle_2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
adgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Eagle after playing with PC mode vs Game mode in BF3....I can easily tell the difference. I think my brain was just "setting" for that lag. Shoot, my last tv might have been that laggy. I am MUCH more impressed with PC mode. Makes me fell what I experienced in bioshock would have been different if it PC mode. I feel like with that big of a difference, game mode is broke and Smasung needs to find that setting that is enabled still and turn it off.
adgrimes is offline  
post #813 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Member
 
keeso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Could you hook me up with who you emailed? I would love to be have the option to search amazon movies in there. Also to have the cinema black feature.

Others can confirm this and I will when I'm near my TV...I believe cinema black is greyed out when you are in DLNA mode to...but if it was on prior...it remains on.


Eagle-- Do you think its possible if enough of us complained to samsung they could unlock movie mode in with PC option on? I'm excited to try gaming on PC but really wished I could have played it with Bioshock to feel the difference. Also what fios tv service do you have and box? Trying to find a common denominator here.

It was ME that suggusted spotting the cinema black via picture....true it IS "studying" to hard BUT once you know what to look for you might be able to spot it at your normal viewing distance(for me thats 14 feet haha..far.) Also Smart LED on low does not bother me whatsoever and if I'm paying this much for a TV with extra ability to "dim" I want it on as long as it does not bug me. Once it irritates me, it is getting turned off.

On amazon.com I went to the help section and clicked on the "contact us bottom." On vudu.com I went to the support section after I signed in and there is also an option to send your questions to support. These features are part of their website support and use the email address from your account. Thanks by the way. The more complaints the better.

I'm about 14 feet away too by the way.
keeso is offline  
post #814 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Senior Member
 
AGuy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I'm having a problem with sound on my F8000. I decided to test Skype and noticed no sound was coming out, even though my friend could hear me. The TV at the time was set up to use my external speakers. And so I decided to try using the TV's speakers instead. However, I get no sound from the TV itself any more, even if I unplug every single cable. Sound will still come out of my external speakers, though, even if I have 'TV Speakers' selected in the set's audio menu. I'm dumbfounded.
AGuy01 is offline  
post #815 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMSko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Westfield, NJ 07090
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

I'm having a problem with sound on my F8000. I decided to test Skype and noticed no sound was coming out, even though my friend could hear me. The TV at the time was set up to use my external speakers. And so I decided to try using the TV's speakers instead. However, I get no sound from the TV itself any more, even if I unplug every single cable. Sound will still come out of my external speakers, though, even if I have 'TV Speakers' selected in the set's audio menu. I'm dumbfounded.
Silly question, but did you turn the TV off and then back on? This happens to me often when I use Skype and switch from External to TV Speakers. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't, the only fix it to turn my TV and/or A/V Receiver off and then back on.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
RMSko is offline  
post #816 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Member
 
clayhans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

This was explained to me just earlier tonight on the flagship thread:

"To fix it go to Menu>Snart Features>On TV Settings>Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Except for me "On TV Settings" is greyed out, so I can't change anything. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks Very Much, that did the trick. OH rather should I say my Wife Thanks you Very Much.
clayhans is offline  
post #817 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Newbie
 
magic_p's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post

How do you have your Blu-ray player connected? If you have HDMI from Blu-ray to TV, then you don't need your Onkyo to switch to BD/DVD.

I have everything plugged into and passing through the Onkyo right now. I guess I could plug the Bluray into the TV direct and since ARC is working properly, it'd pass the audio along to the receiver. I'm only setup to use 5.1 dolby digital audio anyway so it's not like I'll lose much of anything.
magic_p is offline  
post #818 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Member
 
Philip Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is the viewing angle on this set really as bad as some of the reports? BB has offered me a 60in F8000 and free Galaxy tab. to replace my 65es8000 which has the typical banding issues. But it the gaming performance and viewing angles are as bad as it sounds maybe I should just keep the 65es. Any opinions?
Philip Luke is offline  
post #819 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Member
 
Philip Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Multi post plz delete.
Philip Luke is offline  
post #820 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
adgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Phil, the viewing angle is as bad as reports say, if you find yourself constantly trying to watch tv on the side you will notice the image quality diminish. Game mode works but IS NO COMPARISON to the PC mode. Are you ok playing your games in not "true" color? Myself I like to make it brighter so I don't kiss anything in FPS's. You can only adjust so much in entertain and standard. I can only answer your questions, not tell you if you should trade it in or not.
adgrimes is offline  
post #821 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Member
 
Philip Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can live with PC mode as long as its not laggy. im more worried about other people on the couch not being able to watch TV with me, i have a 10 ft couch, centered about 10 ft from the wall where its mounted, are people on the side seats going to have a problem? also is the 60in on the f series still a sharp panel which is potentiall going to result in reduced 3D performance like the es series?
Philip Luke is offline  
post #822 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Eagle after playing with PC mode vs Game mode in BF3....I can easily tell the difference. I think my brain was just "setting" for that lag. Shoot, my last tv might have been that laggy. I am MUCH more impressed with PC mode. Makes me fell what I experienced in bioshock would have been different if it PC mode. I feel like with that big of a difference, game mode is broke and Smasung needs to find that setting that is enabled still and turn it off.

Indeed - as far as I'm concerned game mode is broken - it does nothing. PC Mode is the only way to game on this set.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #823 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Luke View Post

I can live with PC mode as long as its not laggy. im more worried about other people on the couch not being able to watch TV with me, i have a 10 ft couch, centered about 10 ft from the wall where its mounted, are people on the side seats going to have a problem? also is the 60in on the f series still a sharp panel which is potentiall going to result in reduced 3D performance like the es series?

A 10 foot couch will be a real issue with this set. A person on either end will most certainly see a different and inferior image to whoever is sitting in the middle. PC mode works well with little lag but be aware you have very little control over the image as virtually all settings are greyed out.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #824 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Member
 
clayhans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This may be the wrong Forum for this but you guys have helped me out so far. I have posted on the Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Forum and the Oppo BDP-103 Forum. I have an Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player connected to a Samsung UN55F800 TV for video and all things seem right with that. My problem is that the Oppo is connected from HDMI 2 to a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K A/V receiver on HDMI BD connection. My read out on the Pioneer receiver tells me I am getting a PCM single from the Oppo, but I am not getting any sound out of my Pioneer receiver. I have connected a center speaker to the Pioneer receiver but no sound comes through. Is it the Oppo or the receiver or even the TV? How do I get things to work?
clayhans is offline  
post #825 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,040
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

This was explained to me just earlier tonight on the flagship thread:

"To fix it go to Menu>Snart Features>On TV Settings>Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Awesome, thanx.
PiratesCove is offline  
post #826 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Pickstv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhans View Post

This may be the wrong Forum for this but you guys have helped me out so far. I have posted on the Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Forum and the Oppo BDP-103 Forum. I have an Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player connected to a Samsung UN55F800 TV for video and all things seem right with that. My problem is that the Oppo is connected from HDMI 2 to a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K A/V receiver on HDMI BD connection. My read out on the Pioneer receiver tells me I am getting a PCM single from the Oppo, but I am not getting any sound out of my Pioneer receiver. I have connected a center speaker to the Pioneer receiver but no sound comes through. Is it the Oppo or the receiver or even the TV? How do I get things to work?

In your OPPO settings...set Dual HDMI Output to Split A/V and HDMI Audio to Auto. It may help.
Pickstv is offline  
post #827 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMSko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Westfield, NJ 07090
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

A 10 foot couch will be a real issue with this set. A person on either end will most certainly see a different and inferior image to whoever is sitting in the middle. PC mode works well with little lag but be aware you have very little control over the image as virtually all settings are greyed out.
Eagle, is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle? I also have a 10' couch and the TV is in the middle of the couch so the side seats are about 3' from the end of the side of the TV. If not, I'm thinking of swapping this for the plasma model (F8500). Any thoughts on that?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
RMSko is offline  
post #828 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Member
 
Pickstv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

This was explained to me just earlier tonight on the flagship thread:

"To fix it go to Menu>Snart Features>On TV Settings>Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Except for me "On TV Settings" is greyed out, so I can't change anything. I have no idea what to do.

Try resetting your smart hub. This is what I had to do to get my On TV Settings from being greyed out.
Pickstv is offline  
post #829 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Newbie
 
echenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just brought home a un65f6400 from Best Buy but was told that the problem is with unxxfxxx. I loved the pictures but had problems loading apps... I spent the day with Samsung support yesterday. It was bumped up to their "Remote Manager" department. ..After long talks I am told that many of the 2013 or f models that were just sold are having a similar problems and they were overwhelmed with calls on this issue. ....

The apps do not load inspite of a great internet wifi connection via my router. I do not see the preloaded apps on my app section. ie no netflix, no pandora etc..... We did about 7 resets. It was never solved.


They said they had received many calls from 2013 f series TV buyers yesterday. They said it was a problem with the samsung server...a bandwidth issue and should be soon corrected within 24 to 48 hours. I am now waiting...

looking back online I see the same problems mentioned in avForums in January and March 2013 with the E models...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1726380-lost-apps-samsung-smart-tv.html

any ideas....?
echenberg is offline  
post #830 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Member
 
keeso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

Eagle, is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle? I also have a 10' couch and the TV is in the middle of the couch so the side seats are about 3' from the end of the side of the TV. If not, I'm thinking of swapping this for the plasma model (F8500). Any thoughts on that?

I have a 10 foot couch 13 1/2 feet from un60f8000 and I don't notice any major picture problems. My wife is a fusspot and doesn't notice anything either.
keeso is offline  
post #831 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
darkvader001 is offline  
post #832 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

Eagle, is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle? I also have a 10' couch and the TV is in the middle of the couch so the side seats are about 3' from the end of the side of the TV. If not, I'm thinking of swapping this for the plasma model (F8500). Any thoughts on that?

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. It's just an issue that comes from this type of panel. Some in the past have suggested dropping the contrast down a tad bit, but really, contrast should be adjusted using something like the AVS disc or the Disney WOW disc, or a full calibration. From my experience, dropping the contrast really doesn't make any difference in the viewing angle, and you don't want to lower it too much or your image starts looking lifeless. I've learned to just accept the lousy viewing angle. Since it's just my girlfriend and myself, it's fine if we sit together. But we really can't invite friends over to watch the set, which is pretty ridiculous. The way the apartment is set up, there would be no place for guests to sit to get a good angle unless they sat on our laps. This would be a very very poor tv for those who throw Superbowl parties.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #833 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickstv View Post

Try resetting your smart hub. This is what I had to do to get my On TV Settings from being greyed out.

How do you reset smart hub? I can't find where the option is.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #834 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Member
 
Pickstv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

How do you reset smart hub? I can't find where the option is.

Menu> Smart Features> the last option.
Pickstv is offline  
post #835 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMSko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Westfield, NJ 07090
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. It's just an issue that comes from this type of panel. Some in the past have suggested dropping the contrast down a tad bit, but really, contrast should be adjusted using something like the AVS disc or the Disney WOW disc, or a full calibration. From my experience, dropping the contrast really doesn't make any difference in the viewing angle, and you don't want to lower it too much or your image starts looking lifeless. I've learned to just accept the lousy viewing angle. Since it's just my girlfriend and myself, it's fine if we sit together. But we really can't invite friends over to watch the set, which is pretty ridiculous. The way the apartment is set up, there would be no place for guests to sit to get a good angle unless they sat on our laps. This would be a very very poor tv for those who throw Superbowl parties.

Does changing the backlight setting help?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
RMSko is offline  
post #836 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 3,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle?

No

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 

buzzard767 is online now  
post #837 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickstv View Post

Menu> Smart Features> the last option.

Thanks, but the last option there, "reset", is also greyed out. Now what? Why are all these options greyed out for me?
eagle_2 is offline  
post #838 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Philip Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So with final regards to the viewing angle. A little more research seems to say that the es8000 had world class viewing angle for a LCD, that that the F series is pretty much standard compared to other sets even the sony 950. so while it looks horrible compared to the es its not any worse that you would find on most LCD sets. do you guys agree with this?
Philip Luke is offline  
post #839 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

Does changing the backlight setting help?

Nope. Sorry, there's really nothing you can do to improve viewing angles. Some people can't live with the viewing angles, and some can. In my opinion, this is a horrible set to consider for a family or for those who have lots of friends over, unless your friends like it cozy. It would be a great set to have a date over though - "You have to come sit over here with me, honey, or you won't be able to see the screen". wink.gif

Seriously though, the viewing angles might not be an issue for some, especially those who just plop into their chair directly in front of the set and settle in for movie-night. I sit at my PC a lot and when my girlfriend is watching the tv from where she sits, the screen looks awful from my PC area.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #840 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Luke View Post

So with final regards to the viewing angle. A little more research seems to say that the es8000 had world class viewing angle for a LCD, that that the F series is pretty much standard compared to other sets even the sony 950. so while it looks horrible compared to the es its not any worse that you would find on most LCD sets. do you guys agree with this?

World-class my foot. Whoever said that is wrong. My ES series last year was just as bad as this year. Read the threads for the ES series sets, especially early on - when everyone was first discovering the viewing angles. There's no difference between this year and last year regarding viewing angles.
eagle_2 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off