post #811 of 7505 Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhans View Post

How can I get my F8000 to go directly to TV mode when I turn it on rather than going to Smart Hub?

This was explained to me just earlier tonight on the flagship thread:

"To fix it go to Menu>Snart Features>On TV Settings>Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Except for me "On TV Settings" is greyed out, so I can't change anything. I have no idea what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Eagle after playing with PC mode vs Game mode in BF3....I can easily tell the difference. I think my brain was just "setting" for that lag. Shoot, my last tv might have been that laggy. I am MUCH more impressed with PC mode. Makes me fell what I experienced in bioshock would have been different if it PC mode. I feel like with that big of a difference, game mode is broke and Smasung needs to find that setting that is enabled still and turn it off.
post #813 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Could you hook me up with who you emailed? I would love to be have the option to search amazon movies in there. Also to have the cinema black feature.

Others can confirm this and I will when I'm near my TV...I believe cinema black is greyed out when you are in DLNA mode to...but if it was on prior...it remains on.

Eagle-- Do you think its possible if enough of us complained to samsung they could unlock movie mode in with PC option on? I'm excited to try gaming on PC but really wished I could have played it with Bioshock to feel the difference. Also what fios tv service do you have and box? Trying to find a common denominator here.

It was ME that suggusted spotting the cinema black via picture....true it IS "studying" to hard BUT once you know what to look for you might be able to spot it at your normal viewing distance(for me thats 14 feet haha..far.) Also Smart LED on low does not bother me whatsoever and if I'm paying this much for a TV with extra ability to "dim" I want it on as long as it does not bug me. Once it irritates me, it is getting turned off.

On amazon.com I went to the help section and clicked on the "contact us bottom." On vudu.com I went to the support section after I signed in and there is also an option to send your questions to support. These features are part of their website support and use the email address from your account. Thanks by the way. The more complaints the better.

I'm about 14 feet away too by the way.
post #814 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 AM

Liked: 36
I'm having a problem with sound on my F8000. I decided to test Skype and noticed no sound was coming out, even though my friend could hear me. The TV at the time was set up to use my external speakers. And so I decided to try using the TV's speakers instead. However, I get no sound from the TV itself any more, even if I unplug every single cable. Sound will still come out of my external speakers, though, even if I have 'TV Speakers' selected in the set's audio menu. I'm dumbfounded.
post #815 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

I'm having a problem with sound on my F8000. I decided to test Skype and noticed no sound was coming out, even though my friend could hear me. The TV at the time was set up to use my external speakers. And so I decided to try using the TV's speakers instead. However, I get no sound from the TV itself any more, even if I unplug every single cable. Sound will still come out of my external speakers, though, even if I have 'TV Speakers' selected in the set's audio menu. I'm dumbfounded.
Silly question, but did you turn the TV off and then back on? This happens to me often when I use Skype and switch from External to TV Speakers. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't, the only fix it to turn my TV and/or A/V Receiver off and then back on.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #816 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

"To fix it go to Menu>Snart Features>On TV Settings>Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Except for me "On TV Settings" is greyed out, so I can't change anything. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks Very Much, that did the trick. OH rather should I say my Wife Thanks you Very Much.
post #817 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post

How do you have your Blu-ray player connected? If you have HDMI from Blu-ray to TV, then you don't need your Onkyo to switch to BD/DVD.

I have everything plugged into and passing through the Onkyo right now. I guess I could plug the Bluray into the TV direct and since ARC is working properly, it'd pass the audio along to the receiver. I'm only setup to use 5.1 dolby digital audio anyway so it's not like I'll lose much of anything.
post #818 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM

Is the viewing angle on this set really as bad as some of the reports? BB has offered me a 60in F8000 and free Galaxy tab. to replace my 65es8000 which has the typical banding issues. But it the gaming performance and viewing angles are as bad as it sounds maybe I should just keep the 65es. Any opinions?
post #819 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM

Multi post plz delete.
post #820 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM

Liked: 27
Phil, the viewing angle is as bad as reports say, if you find yourself constantly trying to watch tv on the side you will notice the image quality diminish. Game mode works but IS NO COMPARISON to the PC mode. Are you ok playing your games in not "true" color? Myself I like to make it brighter so I don't kiss anything in FPS's. You can only adjust so much in entertain and standard. I can only answer your questions, not tell you if you should trade it in or not.
post #821 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM

I can live with PC mode as long as its not laggy. im more worried about other people on the couch not being able to watch TV with me, i have a 10 ft couch, centered about 10 ft from the wall where its mounted, are people on the side seats going to have a problem? also is the 60in on the f series still a sharp panel which is potentiall going to result in reduced 3D performance like the es series?
post #822 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Eagle after playing with PC mode vs Game mode in BF3....I can easily tell the difference. I think my brain was just "setting" for that lag. Shoot, my last tv might have been that laggy. I am MUCH more impressed with PC mode. Makes me fell what I experienced in bioshock would have been different if it PC mode. I feel like with that big of a difference, game mode is broke and Smasung needs to find that setting that is enabled still and turn it off.

Indeed - as far as I'm concerned game mode is broken - it does nothing. PC Mode is the only way to game on this set.
post #823 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Luke View Post

I can live with PC mode as long as its not laggy. im more worried about other people on the couch not being able to watch TV with me, i have a 10 ft couch, centered about 10 ft from the wall where its mounted, are people on the side seats going to have a problem? also is the 60in on the f series still a sharp panel which is potentiall going to result in reduced 3D performance like the es series?

A 10 foot couch will be a real issue with this set. A person on either end will most certainly see a different and inferior image to whoever is sitting in the middle. PC mode works well with little lag but be aware you have very little control over the image as virtually all settings are greyed out.
post #824 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM

This may be the wrong Forum for this but you guys have helped me out so far. I have posted on the Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Forum and the Oppo BDP-103 Forum. I have an Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player connected to a Samsung UN55F800 TV for video and all things seem right with that. My problem is that the Oppo is connected from HDMI 2 to a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K A/V receiver on HDMI BD connection. My read out on the Pioneer receiver tells me I am getting a PCM single from the Oppo, but I am not getting any sound out of my Pioneer receiver. I have connected a center speaker to the Pioneer receiver but no sound comes through. Is it the Oppo or the receiver or even the TV? How do I get things to work?
post #825 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

Awesome, thanx.
post #826 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhans View Post

This may be the wrong Forum for this but you guys have helped me out so far. I have posted on the Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Forum and the Oppo BDP-103 Forum. I have an Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player connected to a Samsung UN55F800 TV for video and all things seem right with that. My problem is that the Oppo is connected from HDMI 2 to a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K A/V receiver on HDMI BD connection. My read out on the Pioneer receiver tells me I am getting a PCM single from the Oppo, but I am not getting any sound out of my Pioneer receiver. I have connected a center speaker to the Pioneer receiver but no sound comes through. Is it the Oppo or the receiver or even the TV? How do I get things to work?

In your OPPO settings...set Dual HDMI Output to Split A/V and HDMI Audio to Auto. It may help.
post #827 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A 10 foot couch will be a real issue with this set. A person on either end will most certainly see a different and inferior image to whoever is sitting in the middle. PC mode works well with little lag but be aware you have very little control over the image as virtually all settings are greyed out.
Eagle, is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle? I also have a 10' couch and the TV is in the middle of the couch so the side seats are about 3' from the end of the side of the TV. If not, I'm thinking of swapping this for the plasma model (F8500). Any thoughts on that?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #828 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Try resetting your smart hub. This is what I had to do to get my On TV Settings from being greyed out.
post #829 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM

Just brought home a un65f6400 from Best Buy but was told that the problem is with unxxfxxx. I loved the pictures but had problems loading apps... I spent the day with Samsung support yesterday. It was bumped up to their "Remote Manager" department. ..After long talks I am told that many of the 2013 or f models that were just sold are having a similar problems and they were overwhelmed with calls on this issue. ....

The apps do not load inspite of a great internet wifi connection via my router. I do not see the preloaded apps on my app section. ie no netflix, no pandora etc..... We did about 7 resets. It was never solved.

They said they had received many calls from 2013 f series TV buyers yesterday. They said it was a problem with the samsung server...a bandwidth issue and should be soon corrected within 24 to 48 hours. I am now waiting...

looking back online I see the same problems mentioned in avForums in January and March 2013 with the E models...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1726380-lost-apps-samsung-smart-tv.html

any ideas....?
post #830 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

Eagle, is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle? I also have a 10' couch and the TV is in the middle of the couch so the side seats are about 3' from the end of the side of the TV. If not, I'm thinking of swapping this for the plasma model (F8500). Any thoughts on that?

I have a 10 foot couch 13 1/2 feet from un60f8000 and I don't notice any major picture problems. My wife is a fusspot and doesn't notice anything either.
post #831 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM

post #832 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. It's just an issue that comes from this type of panel. Some in the past have suggested dropping the contrast down a tad bit, but really, contrast should be adjusted using something like the AVS disc or the Disney WOW disc, or a full calibration. From my experience, dropping the contrast really doesn't make any difference in the viewing angle, and you don't want to lower it too much or your image starts looking lifeless. I've learned to just accept the lousy viewing angle. Since it's just my girlfriend and myself, it's fine if we sit together. But we really can't invite friends over to watch the set, which is pretty ridiculous. The way the apartment is set up, there would be no place for guests to sit to get a good angle unless they sat on our laps. This would be a very very poor tv for those who throw Superbowl parties.
post #833 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickstv View Post

Try resetting your smart hub. This is what I had to do to get my On TV Settings from being greyed out.

How do you reset smart hub? I can't find where the option is.
post #834 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:

How do you reset smart hub? I can't find where the option is.

Menu> Smart Features> the last option.
post #835 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. It's just an issue that comes from this type of panel. Some in the past have suggested dropping the contrast down a tad bit, but really, contrast should be adjusted using something like the AVS disc or the Disney WOW disc, or a full calibration. From my experience, dropping the contrast really doesn't make any difference in the viewing angle, and you don't want to lower it too much or your image starts looking lifeless. I've learned to just accept the lousy viewing angle. Since it's just my girlfriend and myself, it's fine if we sit together. But we really can't invite friends over to watch the set, which is pretty ridiculous. The way the apartment is set up, there would be no place for guests to sit to get a good angle unless they sat on our laps. This would be a very very poor tv for those who throw Superbowl parties.

Does changing the backlight setting help?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #836 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:

is there any setting that can help with the viewing angle?

No

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #837 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickstv View Post

Menu> Smart Features> the last option.

Thanks, but the last option there, "reset", is also greyed out. Now what? Why are all these options greyed out for me?
post #838 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM

So with final regards to the viewing angle. A little more research seems to say that the es8000 had world class viewing angle for a LCD, that that the F series is pretty much standard compared to other sets even the sony 950. so while it looks horrible compared to the es its not any worse that you would find on most LCD sets. do you guys agree with this?
post #839 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does changing the backlight setting help?

Nope. Sorry, there's really nothing you can do to improve viewing angles. Some people can't live with the viewing angles, and some can. In my opinion, this is a horrible set to consider for a family or for those who have lots of friends over, unless your friends like it cozy. It would be a great set to have a date over though - "You have to come sit over here with me, honey, or you won't be able to see the screen". wink.gif

Seriously though, the viewing angles might not be an issue for some, especially those who just plop into their chair directly in front of the set and settle in for movie-night. I sit at my PC a lot and when my girlfriend is watching the tv from where she sits, the screen looks awful from my PC area.
post #840 of 7505 Old 04-30-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Luke View Post

So with final regards to the viewing angle. A little more research seems to say that the es8000 had world class viewing angle for a LCD, that that the F series is pretty much standard compared to other sets even the sony 950. so while it looks horrible compared to the es its not any worse that you would find on most LCD sets. do you guys agree with this?

World-class my foot. Whoever said that is wrong. My ES series last year was just as bad as this year. Read the threads for the ES series sets, especially early on - when everyone was first discovering the viewing angles. There's no difference between this year and last year regarding viewing angles.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page