Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 7694 Old 05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
HI Eagle ,

You sound like me " Hands of the GEAR !!!! , I hear you loud & clear on that one !! biggrin.gif

Yes , you must play GRID , it is wicked !! GRID 2 comes out on May 28th.

The first time I played GRID was on my MBP-R , it heated up so bad that when I quit the game it sounded like the cars were still running eek.gif
Turns out my fan speed had jumped to over 5K per fan ( right and left ) .

I called Apple and they said for the short while I was playing it , no damage was done , and said " you are covered anyway" , but I have not played it on my MBP since , it is a really nice computer to be messed up because of a game , I called Feral , and they also confirmed what Apple said as far as being normal for the fans to spin up that much , "they were just doing there job" , well maybe so , but I`ll leave the heavy graphics games of my notebook !! wink.gif

Well__ All my best , take care smile.gif

Later ,

Me 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 7694 Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know the hole pattern in the back of the F8000 (I have the 65 inch) for bolts?
I have a slim mount but the bolts do not fit the TV.
It seems the two upper holes on top are different pattern than the two bottom holes on the back of the TV.
Thanks.
post #1173 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Just got my new set delivered - but I won't get it unpacked and set up again until tonight when my girlfriend is over. I refuse to let these guys handle the new set - just watching them try to figure out how to disassemble the stand is hilarious. They lost 2 screws, they don't even know how to put the stand back in the box, they just tossed the screws loose back in the box without the foam covering back over the panel - just hilarious.

It's bad enough these sets are glitchy as hell with the AMP issues and other disappointments like broken game mode this year - at least it would be nice if we didn't have to worry about these quality control issues as well like flashlighting and dead pixels. Buying a tv sure ain't what it used to be. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for people who have no idea about these different issues and things to look out for. It must be overwhelming. It is to me and I follow these things.

F8000 2D settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F8000 3D settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1174 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Just got my new set delivered - but I won't get it unpacked and set up again until tonight when my girlfriend is over. I refuse to let these guys handle the new set - just watching them try to figure out how to disassemble the stand is hilarious. They lost 2 screws, they don't even know how to put the stand back in the box, they just tossed the screws loose back in the box without the foam covering back over the panel - just hilarious.

It's bad enough these sets are glitchy as hell with the AMP issues and other disappointments like broken game mode this year - at least it would be nice if we didn't have to worry about these quality control issues as well like flashlighting and dead pixels. Buying a tv sure ain't what it used to be. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for people who have no idea about these different issues and things to look out for. It must be overwhelming. It is to me and I follow these things.

Agreed. You used to be able to just research which model you wanted to get and be done with it. Now there is so much internal variability set and set, and different sizes using completely different panels within the same model. It is crazy.

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman:
(out of date, will update soon)

post #1175 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfibre View Post

Does anyone know the hole pattern in the back of the F8000 (I have the 65 inch) for bolts?
It seems the two upper holes on top are different pattern than the two bottom holes on the back of the TV.
Thanks.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the hole pattern. I hate to ask as I am sure you are just getting your tv setup but how is the 65". The best buy out here is suppose to have one setup tomorrow. Just interested to see if it still has all the same issues the ES did last year. Thank you.
post #1176 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The 3D glasses that came with my 55 f8000 are soo uncomfortable. Does anyone know where I can get a better, more comfortable pair of 3D glasses that's compatible with the f8000?

XBOX: xxx GR1MM xxx
PS3: GR1MM
post #1177 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 743
Quote:

I think you have it backwards. It is probably much easier for people who do not know about these issues. They are able to buy a TV and just enjoy it without looking for all these things. It is is anal ones here that are obsessed and cannot just sit down and enjoy watching the TV like it is meant to be used.
Godzilla1964, ozark and phoenixone like this.
post #1178 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

The 3D glasses that came with my 55 f8000 are soo uncomfortable. Does anyone know where I can get a better, more comfortable pair of 3D glasses that's compatible with the f8000?

If you think those are uncomfortable, you should have tried the ones I used with the Sony HX850. Horrible. My only complaint with Samsung's active glasses are that they're a little loose when worn over prescription glasses.

And speaking of AMP, I tried Custom Blur 10 Judder 0 and didn't notice the soap opera effect. It looked great. I think I'm going to use that setting from now on instead of Clear.
post #1179 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 AM

Liked: 27
FN.. Sorry no help here about the mounting pattern, however I believe the standard is VESA 400mmx400mm. Good luck with your mounting and please feel free to clue us in as to picture quality. A significant number of us are very interested in the 65F8000.
post #1180 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

I think you have it backwards. It is probably much easier for people who do not know about these issues. They are able to buy a TV and just enjoy it without looking for all these things. It is is anal ones here that are obsessed and cannot just sit down and enjoy watching the TV like it is meant to be used.

I'm pretty sure there are many people who aren't obsessive and just walk into a Best Buy and buy a new set based on whatever the sales guy tells them that weekend, yet freak out when they get home and realize after a week that there are bright lights shining out of all 4 corners of the screen, or blotches, or every cable channel stutters. There are issues with these sets these days big enough that you don't have to be a videophile to get annoyed by them and start digging around online for a reason and solution. The clouding and flashlighting is so bad on some of these models now that you would have to be legally blind to not see them.

There are plenty of new people in here all the time that aren't "videophiles" - they just register so they can ask the more experienced users some questions, like "why the hell is my tv doing ___ or ___ ?", or "which set should I buy?".

F8000 2D settings:

F8000 3D settings:
post #1181 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

Any glasses that are bluetooth compatible with the 3D standard will work fine. The Panasonic glasses are said to be much nicer, and they're compatible. Also, the 2011 (not 2012) Samsung glasses are much, much nicer, and are compatible with this set. I have 2 pairs myself and I don't even touch the new glasses. You might have some luck finding used pairs of those online. There are also third party manufacturers that are making compatible glasses sold through Amazon. Just read some user reviews first, and be sure they are bluetooth.

F8000 2D settings:

F8000 3D settings:
post #1182 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

If you think those are uncomfortable, you should have tried the ones I used with the Sony HX850. Horrible. My only complaint with Samsung's active glasses are that they're a little loose when worn over prescription glasses.

And speaking of AMP, I tried Custom Blur 10 Judder 0 and didn't notice the soap opera effect. It looked great. I think I'm going to use that setting from now on instead of Clear.

That custom setting isn't supposed to cause any soap opera effect, but for me, it does on several HD channels, including BBC America. It also causes soap opera effect on all PAL/25.000fps video. Also having it enabled causes major stuttering on all my HD channels.

I used to use that setting on my ES7500 and it worked fine. This year I can't use it due to the horrible stuttering. I don't know if it's a FiOS issue, but I had FiOS last year too and it worked without the stuttering. The tv should be able to display HD channels with that custom setting without stuttering.

F8000 2D settings:

F8000 3D settings:
post #1183 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

Raising the judder setting is what causes the SOE so that is why you are not seeing it. With judder set to 0 you will still get stuttering on panning screens as it is the judder setting that improves that.
post #1184 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM

Liked: 14
I'm curious. Does anyone actually like the soap opera effect? Call us weird, but my wife and I like it. Go figure! smile.gif
post #1185 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:

I'm pretty sure there are many people who aren't obsessive and just walk into a Best Buy and buy a new set based on whatever the sales guy tells them that weekend, yet freak out when they get home and realize after a week that there are bright lights shining out of all 4 corners of the screen, or blotches, or every cable channel stutters...

Oh, and how do you know this? Did you do a valid scientific survey yourself or can you cite one done by some one else?
ozark likes this.
post #1186 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Yes , Any device hooked up via HDMI to the F8000 / the F8000`s optical out will do at least PCM out ( 2 ch. audio ).

Fro those using and antenna or cable- in-the-clear , it will output PCM . 2 ch / DD 5.1 / DTS 2.1 ch. depending on the receiving source.

Me 
I'm not following you on this. If your source is cable (via HDMI), how can you get the Samsung to output DD 5.1? I thought other than OTA or one of the Smart Hub Apps, it only outputs 2 channel audio.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1187 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfibre View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Are you using the adapters? The first thing you need to do is screw in the circular adapters to the upper two holes. Once you do that then all the screws should be uniform.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1188 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 01:04 PM

I can see that alot of people recommend the cinema black setting. But I just can't stand it. If I set it to medium or high I get totally black bars in the top and bottom of the screen during movies. But also the contrast (or backlight) is changing up and down all the time just like the micro dimming in standard picture mode, but much much worse and more noticable. During some parts of the movies it can be constant contrast and backlight and the cinema black feature is wonderful , but during some scenes the contrast is changing all the time, it's really frustrating. Does any of you notice this changing contrast, backlight effect when using cinema black on medium or high? I have the european version of the 55" F8000 TV since I am from Sweden.
It would be so nice to be able to use cinema black without any side effects. If not I might give up on this TV since this is my 3rd set because of flashlighting. My 2 first sets also had 1 dead pixel each.
post #1189 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Raising the judder setting is what causes the SOE so that is why you are not seeing it. With judder set to 0 you will still get stuttering on panning screens as it is the judder setting that improves that.

There's a difference between judder and stutter.

Judder is normal and is caused by the framerate not being high enough for smooth motion (blu-ray films for instance are usually 23.976fps and have natural film judder).

Stutter is not normal and is a result of dropped frames or other issues with either the broadcast or the tv processing (AMP is well known for causing stuttering).

F8000 2D settings:

F8000 3D settings:
post #1190 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy2160 View Post

Oh, and how do you know this? Did you do a valid scientific survey yourself or can you cite one done by some one else?

rolleyes.gif

Somebody's looking for an argument and I'm not participating. That's all I'm saying on this. I posted my opinion.

F8000 2D settings:

F8000 3D settings:
post #1191 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey Rich ,

I am talking about either an antenna or cable ( 75Ohm ) connected to the Antenna input of the F8000.

If the channel you get is broadcasting in DD 5.1 ( I.E. ABC / NBC ... ) then the PCM & Dolby Digital 5.1 will show up as an audio option to choose from.

I was not talking about HDMI devices , those you must hook up an Optical cable from tv to receiver or amp.

HDMI sources input to the F8000 will only output PCM via optical cable out.

I hope I have made this clearer this time !! biggrin.gif

Take care , later !

Gary 
post #1192 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Eagle ,

You got the "Beast" out of the box yet !! biggrin.gif

Later smile.gif

G. 
post #1193 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Rich ,

I am talking about either an antenna or cable ( 75Ohm ) connected to the Antenna input of the F8000.

If the channel you get is broadcasting in DD 5.1 ( I.E. ABC / NBC ... ) then the PCM & Dolby Digital 5.1 will show up as an audio option to choose from.

I was not talking about HDMI devices , those you must hook up an Optical cable from tv to receiver or amp.

HDMI sources input to the F8000 will only output PCM via optical cable out.

I hope I have made this clearer this time !! biggrin.gif

Take care , later !

Gary 
Thanks Gary. When you said "cable" I didn't realize you were referral to it in its literal and not commercial sense - hah! All clear and that's what I thought. The only way to get DD 5.1 sound when a STB is connected via HDMI to the Sammy is to run digital optical or coax from the STB to the A/V receiver, which is what I'm doing. It would be great if the Sammy could output DD 5.1 in this context, but oh well.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1194 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

No problem Rich , O___BTW how do you like your F8000 ?

The more opinions the better wink.gif

I am still trying to figure out if ISF calibration will help confused.gif

Some channels with some cameras are great , weird thing is the same channel with a different camera can make it look like junk , "Buzz" was kind enough to point out that not all HD broadcasts are done using the 709 standard. Sure looks that way.

My Sony did not have that problem and most channels were consistent , of course I could manually choose 609 or 709 in the user menu.

It`s a handfull sometimes , how is yours doing ?

Just curious biggrin.gif

Later ,

G. 
post #1195 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldivar View Post

I can see that alot of people recommend the cinema black setting. But I just can't stand it. If I set it to medium or high I get totally black bars in the top and bottom of the screen during movies. But also the contrast (or backlight) is changing up and down all the time just like the micro dimming in standard picture mode, but much much worse and more noticable. During some parts of the movies it can be constant contrast and backlight and the cinema black feature is wonderful , but during some scenes the contrast is changing all the time, it's really frustrating. Does any of you notice this changing contrast, backlight effect when using cinema black on medium or high? I have the european version of the 55" F8000 TV since I am from Sweden.
It would be so nice to be able to use cinema black without any side effects. If not I might give up on this TV since this is my 3rd set because of flashlighting. My 2 first sets also had 1 dead pixel each.

Thank god I don't live in Europe. Seems like Eurpean sets have issues with cinema black. Also I have heard of some concern of the flashlighting. I wonder how different the sets are between Canada, America, and Europe.

Eagle--I have to disagree with you on this one. Many people do just go in and buy a tv and end up "accepting" the default color settings. They do not even realize they would be happier if they tweaked the colors some. Most people are ignorant and just assume this is what a tv is supposed to looke like.
post #1196 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 05:26 PM

Hey guys in need of some help. I'm a F7100 owner maybe you guys can help. I've already asked this question in the F7100 thread. I was in the service menu and I may have misclicked something because after powering down my TV there is a green tint that won't go away. I did notice that the ADC scales were all zero with the exception of green. Idk if the settings would be the same but there was more chatter going on in this thread and hopefully someone more versed can go into the service menu and just snapshot the settings?
post #1197 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No problem Rich , O___BTW how do you like your F8000 ?

The more opinions the better wink.gif

I am still trying to figure out if ISF calibration will help confused.gif

Some channels with some cameras are great , weird thing is the same channel with a different camera can make it look like junk , "Buzz" was kind enough to point out that not all HD broadcasts are done using the 709 standard. Sure looks that way.

My Sony did not have that problem and most channels were consistent , of course I could manually choose 609 or 709 in the user menu.

It`s a handfull sometimes , how is yours doing ?

Just curious biggrin.gif

Later ,

G. 
I'm pretty happy with the set. Waiting to run it about 100 hours and then will consider a calibration, but even w/o that the pic is pretty damn good IMO.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1198 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berat Blakaj View Post

Hey guys in need of some help. I'm a F7100 owner maybe you guys can help. I've already asked this question in the F7100 thread. I was in the service menu and I may have misclicked something because after powering down my TV there is a green tint that won't go away. I did notice that the ADC scales were all zero with the exception of green. Idk if the settings would be the same but there was more chatter going on in this thread and hopefully someone more versed can go into the service menu and just snapshot the settings?

Not sure this applies to your Samsung TV... "Samsung Smart TV Service Menu / Factory Reset How To LED 8 Series"
http://youtu.be/wHO1CReFOLU

Edit: Quote from E-Manual... Note the F7100 is not covered by this manual. Be sure to check your E-Manual for the F7100.

"Reset Image Settings
Screen Menu > Picture > Reset Picture
Reset all image settings for the current Picture Mode to the default settings. This does not affect other
Picture Modes."

Also buzzard767 knows how to do a Hard Reset... You can PM him... Just a thought... smile.gif

OLED Panels/ 4K Ultra HD TV... Redefining an Imperfect World

post #1199 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey RW ,

Thanks for the link wink.gif

BTW__I got my remote today , man that thing is fairly cool !! biggrin.gif

I couple of buttons I am not sure about , but I will post more later , really nice looking remote.

Another thing Samsung screwed up , they should have put one of those in the box !!

Later smile.gif

Gary 
post #1200 of 7694 Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey Rich ,

Good idea , waiting for 100 hours , you say it looks great out of the box , just curious , what video mode are you using ?

OK -- Thanks smile.gif

Later ,

Me 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page