Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 7428 Old 05-26-2013, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecat1 View Post

hi guys! I just bought a 65" f8000, wont be delivered until june 5th. and was wondering what walmount I should use? the last one I bought was from monoprice but cant seem to find one for the 65" f8000? any help would be appreciated! thanks.

This company is located in Phoenix,AZ and Amersfoort, Netherlands. ... I put your model number into their search mode and came up with this selection... Many to choose from depending how you want to mount it... http://www.omnimount.com/mountfinder_results/manufacturerid/1110/modelid/36368/

They also have a Live Chat option

This installer uses the same Brand as the above link only a different Model for a smaller TV... This video is part of a Four Part Series... http://youtu.be/aF2U6w4e7eg

OLED Panels/ 4K Ultra HD TV... Redefining an Imperfect World

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 7428 Old 05-26-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWonder View Post

I downloaded it directly to my Samsung GT-P3113... Then I went to my F8000 TV and launched the app...[/URL]
That's the app I have on my Galaxy Tab. Sorry for being a bit thick, but which app did you launch on the F8000, or do you mean you launched the app from the Tablet and it "saw" the F8000? The app sees the F8000 from my tablet, it's just that dual TV doesn't work (I ultimately get a message "Cannot start Multi Display. Unable to connect to network" and then the app freezes.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1263 of 7428 Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

That's the app I have on my Galaxy Tab. Sorry for being a bit thick, but which app did you launch on the F8000, or do you mean you launched the app from the Tablet and it "saw" the F8000? The app sees the F8000 from my tablet, it's just that dual TV doesn't work (I ultimately get a message "Cannot start Multi Display. Unable to connect to network" and then the app freezes.

I get TV Remote,Dual TV,Game Control and Manual... No freezing... Yes you appear to be doing everything correctly... You may just have a weak Wireless Connection... Not sure???

Edit:
Try going into the Smart View App Manual and view the details to see if there is anything you missed... smile.gif

post #1264 of 7428 Old 05-26-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I get TV Remote,Dual TV,Game Control and Manual... No freezing... Yes you appear to be doing everything correctly... You may just have a weak Wireless Connection... Not sure???
Strange. The remote part works perfectly. My TV is connected via Ethernet and my wireless signal strength on my Tablet is strong so I don't think it's the connection. It's probably something in my Netgear router that's preventing the transfer. What's strange though is the mirroring works perfectly in other programs. For example, when watching a video on my Tablet, I have no problems mirroring the video onto the TV. I doubt I would ever actually use the Dual TV so it's prob not that big of a deal, but it would be good to know why it doesn't work though.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1265 of 7428 Old 05-26-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:

Strange. The remote part works perfectly. My TV is connected via Ethernet and my wireless signal strength on my Tablet is strong so I don't think it's the connection. It's probably something in my Netgear router that's preventing the transfer. What's strange though is the mirroring works perfectly in other programs. For example, when watching a video on my Tablet, I have no problems mirroring the video onto the TV. I doubt I would ever actually use the Dual TV so it's prob not that big of a deal, but it would be good to know why it doesn't work though.

That is strange... I like the idea of watching a video on the Samsung GT-P3113 and mirroring the video onto the F8000 TV... Very cool...smile.gif
Yes,could be the Netgear router... I sure hope you get it all worked out... smile.gif

I use a Actiontec C1000A Router/Modem.

post #1266 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 01:20 PM

Liked: 10
This might be a dumb question, but do regular IR remotes work with this set? I have a Harmony 800 and would like to use that instead of the touch remote that this set comes with.
post #1267 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Liked: 10
Anybody know how to get rid of that annoying message saying motion control is deactivated when the camera is down.
post #1268 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8023 View Post

This might be a dumb question, but do regular IR remotes work with this set? I have a Harmony 800 and would like to use that instead of the touch remote that this set comes with.

No such thing as a dumb question, and yes, the Harmony will work with your FP. Congrats on the F8000.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #1269 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 58
What have you guys found with "digital clean view", any reports?

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
post #1270 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanster View Post

Anybody know how to get rid of that annoying message saying motion control is deactivated when the camera is down.

It is a bug introduced by the latest (Firmware) (ver.1103.1)... One person has suggested to leave the camera in a Up Position will keep the message from appearing...
Hopefully they will fix this Bug with the next Firmware Version... I went to Facebook Samsung Support and clicked on "Ask Samsung" and filled out the form to tell them most everyone here at AVS has this same problem... If we all complained about this maybe it will be fixed soon!!!... https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport

post #1271 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is strange... I like the idea of watching a video on the Samsung GT-P3113 and mirroring the video onto the F8000 TV... Very cool...smile.gif.
I AM able to watch a video on the tablet and mirror it to the F8000, but just not through this app. I do that by pressing the mirror icon when watching a video on the tablet. What I'm not able to do is mirror what is on the TV onto my tablet, but that's not something I'm probably going to use that often. The bottom line for me is that the Dual TV part of the Samsung Smart View app is not working for me - everything else does tho.
RadioWonder likes this.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1272 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 PM

Liked: 11
Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks to everyone at the forum. I've been secretly lurking in the background for the past couple of months trying to decide which TV to get to replace my 46" ES6100 (which has now moved to the bedroom) and found many threads that were very insightful. I spent a little over my original budget, but have been so pleased with my decision to purchase the 55" F8000. Only had it a couple of days, but have enjoyed it thoroughly. Picture quality, in my opinion, is quite nice. I'm still tinkering a bit and haven't ran my WoW disc yet. PQ holds up like a champ with my large 6' x 5' window facing the west side. I'm using movie mode and don't see any problem with input lag. I would say 80% of the time the TV is on, is for gaming. I've tried Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 so far and everything seemed responsive to me. Smart Hub is much better than last year and I could actually see myself using it this time around. I've never been big on 3D, and still don't see myself using it much, but was very pleased with the performance of this TV out of the box in that regard. The overall design of this unit is quite sexy. I don't really have anything truly negative to say at this time.

Now to tidy up all those wires back there. LoL.

Thanks again!
Lee
RadioWonder likes this.
post #1273 of 7428 Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Congrats Lee great looking AV system... smile.gif

post #1274 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:

I AM able to watch a video on the tablet and mirror it to the F8000, but just not through this app. I do that by pressing the mirror icon when watching a video on the tablet. What I'm not able to do is mirror what is on the TV onto my tablet, but that's not something I'm probably going to use that often. The bottom line for me is that the Dual TV part of the Samsung Smart View app is not working for me - everything else does tho.

Thanks for the explanation,Rich... Very helpful... biggrin.gif

post #1275 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

It is a bug introduced by the latest (Firmware) (ver.1103.1)... One person has suggested to leave the camera in a Up Position will keep the message from appearing...
Hopefully they will fix this Bug with the next Firmware Version... I went to Facebook Samsung Support and clicked on "Ask Samsung" and filled out the form to tell them most everyone here at AVS has this same problem... If we all complained about this maybe it will be fixed soon!!!... https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport

Ditto for the AMP stuttering issues. I don't belong to Facebook so I can't place comments there. Anybody who has AMP stuttering issues and is registered with Facebook, please report that. It's the only way Samsung will address anything. Otherwise no complaints=no fixes.
post #1276 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Guy`s ,

Yup , that AMP stuttering is an issue , however if you have an antenna or get any channels in the clear , AMP it not an issue , at least not for me.

I tried WBZ out of Boston through my CB and the ticker stuttered like crazy , tried it without the CB and the stuttering went away.

It is an issues with connected cable or satellite boxes to the F8000.

Samsung should have checked this , like we have talked about in the past.

A new bug !!

I dug my old DVP57 out of mothballs to try the component input , here is the deal:

I can select that input BEFORE I turn on the dvd player , now why can I do that with any other input ?????

F8000 = nasty and a lot of tinkering eek.gif

I have to go , later smile.gif

Gary 
post #1277 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anybody been able to successfully download and install the Plex app on the F8000? I'm confused. I went to the search screen for apps (which is more hidden than it should be - I has to read the e-manual to find out how to search apps), and I typed in Plex. It came up as a free download, so I selected and clicked "download". Then nothing happens. I check my apps a few minutes later, and Plex is at the bottom but it doesn't have an icon. When I click it nothing happens. When I restart my tv, the Plex app is gone again. I've gone through this twice and the same thing happened both times.
post #1278 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Has anybody been able to successfully download and install the Plex app on the F8000? I'm confused. I went to the search screen for apps (which is more hidden than it should be - I has to read the e-manual to find out how to search apps), and I typed in Plex. It came up as a free download, so I selected and clicked "download". Then nothing happens. I check my apps a few minutes later, and Plex is at the bottom but it doesn't have an icon. When I click it nothing happens. When I restart my tv, the Plex app is gone again. I've gone through this twice and the same thing happened both times.

I think you need to do this first before you download Plex...

It says "you must have Plex Media Server installed and running on your network to stream media." Get it at: http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/

So once Plex Media Server is installed on your computer where your Media is stored (also have it running)(that is also on your Network) then hit the download button on the Plex App ... Should work great... biggrin.gif

post #1279 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 11:28 AM

I use something similar to Plex. I use PS3 Media Server Ver 1.81.0 ..http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16669
I have it loaded on my Windows 7 laptop(only works on Win 7 & Win 8)(Also OX S and Linux) and it sees my PS3 , Samsung AllShare and WMP... I have not tried it with AllShare on my F8000 yet... It is a great program and very stable so far...smile.gif

Note: If you are upgrading to newer version,uninstall older version then Reboot Computer,then install newest version...
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

Edit: Just started Samsung Smart Hub on my F8000 and all my Media is there from my PS3 Media Server... So much fun!!! cool.gif

Edit-2: Every time you switch between Pictures,Videos and Music,you must go back to Samsung Smart Hub and at the bottom Click: Pictures or Click Videos or Click Music... Or you can click on All Content to play everything... smile.gif

Edit-3: Of course everything on your Media Sever should be of the Highest Resolution possible... For 1080p YouTube videos I use this program to convert and put them in my Media Sever(Video Folder/Music Folder/Picture Folder)... http://www.clipconverter.cc/

Here is a great video in Hi Res (RB9 RHYTHM OF THE FACTORY)... http://youtu.be/-t6cxIeCIjE

post #1280 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi RW ,

So those media servers work with Mac OS ? __OK thanks , just a really stupid question , you download the apps to your computer , leave your computer on and then you can transfer media files from your computer to your tv ? Like pic`s and music files ?

Thanks for your help smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 

PS:

Thanks for the links you provided yesterday about IFS , interesting wink.gif

End PS:

Strange thing , does anyone else's F8000 change color and hue when using a rented box ? ( cable / satellite , whatever ) ?

I can only get a few channels in the clear without my cable box , but those that I do get are much better.
I was just wondering if it was just Eagle and I , or if anyone else is bothered by signal changes due to having to use a box ?

I can`t speak much for streaming because the only app I use is "Crackle" and that can`t be HD , anyway it`s free !!

OK__ guy`s , later and let me know about how your boxes work with your F8000.

"Buzz" did mention that certain tv stations use cameras that are not 709 encoded and I can easily see what he was saying , try this :

Go to Fox News channel and the main commentator has normal flesh tones and during a spilt screen guest appearance , the guest looks way to red , sometimes green , weird because my old Sony had an adjustment that you could change 1080i ( as well as other res`s ) to either 609 or 709.
Strangely the default setting was 609 , and once changed to 709 the channels were more consistent.

Thanks for your help , biggrin.gif

Later ,

G. 
post #1281 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Hi RW ,

So those media servers work with Mac OS ? __OK thanks , just a really stupid question , you download the apps to your computer , leave your computer on and then you can transfer media files from your computer to your tv ? Like pic`s and music files ?

Thanks for your help smile.gif
Later ,
Gary
PS:
Thanks for the links you provided yesterday about IFS , interesting wink.gif
End PS: G. 

Yes,the PS3 Media Server works with your Mac OS and so does Plex.

You don't do any transferring of Media files. Since you have previously filled up your Mac OS's Music Folder,Video Folder and Picture Folder with tons of files the Media Server makes these files visible to your F8000 TV through your Network(and Samsung AllShare)... The files always stay on your Mac OS computer... When you turn off your Mac OS computer you won't find any playable files on your F8000 TV(Or PS3)... Also you don't need a PS3 to use the PS3 Media Server... PS3 Media Server and Samsung AllShare work together... Hope this helped... smile.gif

Edit: Here is a little more Info on Plex ... http://plexforsamsung.pbworks.com/w/page/40757181/Home

And here... http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00002687241#

Edit-2: You can also buy or make your own Cloud Storage...
Buy... http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9239223/Here_there_everywhere_3_personal_cloud_storage_systems?taxonomyId=224&pageNumber=1

DIY Cloud... http://www.extremetech.com/computing/101441-create-your-own-personal-media-cloud

post #1282 of 7428 Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Eagle, I was able to download and install Plex without a problem and I don't have a server running (I use my son's Plex account). I think the way I found it was that it was under favorite Samsung apps or something similar. Anyway, apps that load should go automatically to the first apps page, i,e., not the "more apps" page, however, I had a problem downloading apps originally and needed to reset my SmartHub to get it working, but once I did that I no longer had any problems. You may want to try that. Btw, although Plex installed and opens for me, so far I haven't been able to get it working - admittedly I didn't try very hard yet.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #1283 of 7428 Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think you need to do this first before you download Plex...

It says "you must have Plex Media Server installed and running on your network to stream media." Get it at: http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/

So once Plex Media Server is installed on your computer where your Media is stored (also have it running)(that is also on your Network) then hit the download button on the Plex App ... Should work great... biggrin.gif

Thanks, but I did that already - the Plex Media Server was already installed and running on my PC before I even tried installing Plex on the F8000.
post #1284 of 7428 Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Eagle, I was able to download and install Plex without a problem and I don't have a server running (I use my son's Plex account). I think the way I found it was that it was under favorite Samsung apps or something similar. Anyway, apps that load should go automatically to the first apps page, i,e., not the "more apps" page, however, I had a problem downloading apps originally and needed to reset my SmartHub to get it working, but once I did that I no longer had any problems. You may want to try that. Btw, although Plex installed and opens for me, so far I haven't been able to get it working - admittedly I didn't try very hard yet.

Weird - So I tried again this morning, doing nothing different than yesterday, and today it installed and ran fine. I tried it twice yesterday and it wouldn't install. Quirky Samsung.

I'm not sure I like it anyways. The interface is not very pretty honestly - maybe I'm just used to my Mede8er interface which is way better. For instance, the images used for the menu screens are very low-res, which look lousy even on my 46" (the image with the Galactica screenshot on the tv for instance, looks very low-res and pixellated, and very unprofessional). Also, the preview images for "movies" looks awful - it captures a frame from my videos, but they are widescreen, and are squished into a vertical area for the interface.

Also, there are zero options available for picture adjustments. What's the point then? I can just have plex installed on my PC and still stream everything by hitting "source" on the remote and selecting "Plex" from the list, and then I have all my picture adjustments available.
post #1285 of 7428 Old 05-29-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:

Weird - So I tried again this morning, doing nothing different than yesterday, and today it installed and ran fine. I tried it twice yesterday and it wouldn't install. Quirky Samsung.

I'm not sure I like it anyways. The interface is not very pretty honestly - maybe I'm just used to my Mede8er interface which is way better. For instance, the images used for the menu screens are very low-res, which look lousy even on my 46" (the image with the Galactica screenshot on the tv for instance, looks very low-res and pixellated, and very unprofessional). Also, the preview images for "movies" looks awful - it captures a frame from my videos, but they are widescreen, and are squished into a vertical area for the interface.

Also, there are zero options available for picture adjustments. What's the point then? I can just have plex installed on my PC and still stream everything by hitting "source" on the remote and selecting "Plex" from the list, and then I have all my picture adjustments available.

Thanks for the Plex review! smile.gif

Mede8er interface sounds very good...http://www.mede8er.com/
Do you access the Mede8er interface the same way,by hitting "source" on the remote and selecting Mede8er interface from the list or is there a Samsung App???

Edit: Just found this on Amazon... I understand more about the player now,thanks... smile.gif
http://www.amazon.com/Mede8er-Med500x2-Definition-Multimedia-Player/dp/B0054OPJ12

post #1286 of 7428 Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM

Just went to the Samsung F8000 page(looking for any new Firmware updates) and noticed more Price Cuts! Now is the time to buy!
Just click the size you'r interested in and check the price... smile.gif

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46F8000BFXZA

post #1287 of 7428 Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Does anyone know what the new update that just came out did?
It took longer than usual to update, so something must've happened.

XBOX: xxx GR1MM xxx
PS3: GR1MM
post #1288 of 7428 Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

Does anyone know what the new update that just came out did?
It took longer than usual to update, so something must've happened.

Quote from Samsung Support... There are always hidden changes they don't mention... rolleyes.gif

This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F7450/F7500/F7550/F8000
The version is 1104.3 Date:May 27, 2013
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Network Connection issue with Wireless router.

- Solves Brightness Popping issue.

- Improves picture quality.

- Supports more MSO in OnTV feature.

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Installed version 1104.3. After installation I turned off F8000 TV and it installed a Camera update also. No more nag screen about the Camera.

post #1289 of 7428 Old 05-30-2013, 02:48 AM

I
Quote:

Quote from Samsung Support... There are always hidden changes they don't mention... rolleyes.gif

This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F7450/F7500/F7550/F8000
The version is 1104.3 Date:May 27, 2013
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Network Connection issue with Wireless router.

- Solves Brightness Popping issue.

- Improves picture quality.

- Supports more MSO in OnTV feature.

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
Installed version 1104.3. After installation I turned off F8000 TV and it installed a Camera update also. No more nag screen about the Camera.

I just installed the update and the annoying message is still there!
post #1290 of 7428 Old 05-30-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeso View Post

I
I just installed the update and the annoying message is still there!
Sorry about that... eek.gif Did your F8000 TV also install the Camera update?

I have cycled my TV several times without any Camera Nag Screens... Keep my fingers crossed... wink.gif

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page