Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 7420 Old 06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
adgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Where can I look to check the panel version?

I'm afraid to do a banding test but I will go as far as watching golf and hockey on it to see how it keeps up. This new 60" tv as more flashlighting in the corners than the 55" but I also had 3 months of viewing on the last 55" so maybe some of it will get worked out. Since I have no dead pixels and during dark movies the TV still looks stunning I believe I will keep this set.
adgrimes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 7420 Old 06-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
ag.jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I saw my panel version on the actual box.

I have a TS01. Which I read is a Samsung panel so that's good I hope!
ag.jase is offline  
post #1443 of 7420 Old 06-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Member
 
GunmetalR56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I believe the Samsung panel delivers the best results. I have the same panel and it looks fantastic. At this point my only gripe is that I got the 60 instead of the 65!

GunmetalR56 is offline  
post #1444 of 7420 Old 06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMonger1 View Post

That is di
That is disconcerting. I have a chair that is 60 degrees off axis that will not have a very good picture. Would you say that it at least holds up to 30 degrees off axis?

Personally, no, I wouldn't say that it holds up well even at 30 degrees sadly. It would certainly be better than 60 degrees off axis, but it wouldn't deliver the same outstanding image you would get from dead-center. I mean literally, just a few feet between seats, and the blacks switch from lighter on the left of the screen to lighter on the right of the screen.

Now don't get me wrong - I think this tv has a lot going for it - and I believe it's likely one of the best sets on the market this year. The picture quality is outstanding, clouding is absolutely non-existent, and flashlighting seems to be kept under control for the most part - it's there but quite minimal. The amount of control over picture options is excellent. The color is outstanding. And the design, both physically and within the interface, is fantastic. I'm enjoying my F8000 far more than I ever enjoyed my ES7500, due largely in part to the lack of clouding this year. But there are issues for sure - Auto Motion Plus stuttering and input lag outside of PC mode being the big issues. And yeah, the viewing angle is awful honestly. You really don't notice it too bad if the screen stays bright and colorful - but the dark blacks give it away - that's where you really see how the angle affects the image. It's just not a great set for having a group of friends over, or for watching from different corners of the room.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #1445 of 7420 Old 06-09-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 3,936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 88
The TS01 is a good Samsung panel. Other Samsung panels are TH01 and TD01. Not sure about HS01 or MS01. But some of the 50 inch and 60-65 inch models use different panels which may not be Samsung.
tylerSC is online now  
post #1446 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Senior Member
 
ag.jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
What backlight do you guys have this set on? Especially for you gamers?

I have mine currently at 16.

Anywhere below 14 feels a bit dim.

This LED set gets brighter than most LED sets out there?

I feel at around 10 to 12 backlight is what my plasma was..

thanks!
ag.jase is offline  
post #1447 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

Hi,

I received my UN65F8000 on Saturday from BestBuy and so far I love it, I own a 65ES8000 too that I bought last year and I can tell you that their is a huge improvement on picture quality. I have no flashlight, cloudiness or uniformity to talk about and the cinema black work as advertise but I hate that it don't work yet on videos played using either Plex, Amazon, Vudu or movies play from a nas, basically the option is disable.

Have anyone of you know if Cinema Black will work if I play a movie via Playstation 3 source? I'm lanning to buy a use PS3 from a friend and want to know if Cinema Black will work on that source.

Other than that I'm extremely happy with the F8000, not to mention that Samsung did an excellent job with the SmartHub UI.

I almost go with the plasma option but after reading that Image Retention still an issue even in the latest Samsung plasma, I decided to move forward with F8000 and I don't regret the decision :-).

Thanks in advance for any useful replies.

Well I was happy with my set but after couple of weeks I notice a dead or stuck pixel :-(, called BestBuy and they replaced without problems Saturday, replacement TV have the same beautiful picture quality as the first set, so I was very happy. Unfortunately at night with dark room, my wife and I notice something very odd on the frame left bottom corner and across the bottom frame all the way to the frame right corner, we notice light bleeding out, which definitely is no suppose to be visible. This is not a flashlight effect issue, picture is perfect with no issues at all.

This light is coming from the frame, like during assembly the LED was not properly isolated or sandwich between the screen layers. Any one have something something like this before?

Take a look at the pics.





darkvader001 is offline  
post #1448 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
adgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
My 60" also has the TS01.

That light bleed is very obvious! Best buy told me that when you return a tv of shows up as an exchange and doesn't count against the amount of returns you can have. I'm not sure that's 100% correct though.
adgrimes is offline  
post #1449 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Newbie
 
scottyoh530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, just bought a F8000 and new to forum. I'm currently running the tv with a directv set top box(hr22-100). I like the features on the samsung universal remote but can't seem to link it up with my receiver. All the buttons work except for the ability to change channels(by pressing channel up/down, voice command, or smart hub recommendations). Only my standard directv remote works for the channels. Both samsung and directv can't seem to figure it out and give me a different answer everytime I call in. It doesn't seem like other people are having this issue? Do I need to upgrade my receiver? I've tried the universal remote setup atleast 10 times without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
scottyoh530 is offline  
post #1450 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
mr stroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

Well I was happy with my set but after couple of weeks I notice a dead or stuck pixel :-(, called BestBuy and they replaced without problems Saturday, replacement TV have the same beautiful picture quality as the first set, so I was very happy. Unfortunately at night with dark room, my wife and I notice something very odd on the frame left bottom corner and across the bottom frame all the way to the frame right corner, we notice light bleeding out, which definitely is no suppose to be visible. This is not a flashlight effect issue, picture is perfect with no issues at all.

This light is coming from the frame, like during assembly the LED was not properly isolated or sandwich between the screen layers. Any one have something something like this before?

Take a look at the pics.






It shouldn't look like that, call Samsung. There support is really good about stuff like that
mr stroke is offline  
post #1451 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

My 60" also has the TS01.

That light bleed is very obvious! Best buy told me that when you return a tv of shows up as an exchange and doesn't count against the amount of returns you can have. I'm not sure that's 100% correct though.

You are correct it don't count against the returns limit,
darkvader001 is offline  
post #1452 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr stroke View Post

It shouldn't look like that, call Samsung. There support is really good about stuff like that

I just go this replacement Saturday so Best Buy is the one that will need to replace it. I already contact them, but unfortunately the warehouse that supply my local store is OUT-OF-STOCK, so now I need to wait :-(.

I have no problems with the picture so I can wait until they get more. Is just piss me off every time I see the corner lol.
darkvader001 is offline  
post #1453 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Member
 
keeso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

Well I was happy with my set but after couple of weeks I notice a dead or stuck pixel :-(, called BestBuy and they replaced without problems Saturday, replacement TV have the same beautiful picture quality as the first set, so I was very happy. Unfortunately at night with dark room, my wife and I notice something very odd on the frame left bottom corner and across the bottom frame all the way to the frame right corner, we notice light bleeding out, which definitely is no suppose to be visible. This is not a flashlight effect issue, picture is perfect with no issues at all.

This light is coming from the frame, like during assembly the LED was not properly isolated or sandwich between the screen layers. Any one have something something like this before?

Take a look at the pics.





I had this on my first 60 inch on the sides. I exchanged it and the new one does not have it.
keeso is offline  
post #1454 of 7420 Old 06-10-2013, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

Well I was happy with my set but after couple of weeks I notice a dead or stuck pixel :-(, called BestBuy and they replaced without problems Saturday, replacement TV have the same beautiful picture quality as the first set, so I was very happy. Unfortunately at night with dark room, my wife and I notice something very odd on the frame left bottom corner and across the bottom frame all the way to the frame right corner, we notice light bleeding out, which definitely is no suppose to be visible. This is not a flashlight effect issue, picture is perfect with no issues at all.

This light is coming from the frame, like during assembly the LED was not properly isolated or sandwich between the screen layers. Any one have something something like this before?

Take a look at the pics.






Though my experience with this isn't as bad as what your pictures look like, I did have something very similar with both my ES7500 last year, and also all 3 of my F8000 sets I've had so far. There are certain areas where a bright pinpoint of light escapes from the frame - like how you described it - for me, it's only visible looking at it from a certain angle - the ES7500 was the same way. If I look at my current F8000 as I'm standing above it real close in front of the panel, I can see it rather brightly, dead-center at the top of the frame right under the camera. However, from a normal viewing angle where I sit - it's totally invisible. As I get up and walk close to the panel, I can see it appear. The panel filter must help hide it from being visible depending on where I'm looking at it from. On my ES7500, it was on the bottom-left corner. The repair tech for my old ES7500 said it wasn't normal. Yet I've seen this now on all of my F8000s I've tried so far (I've been having a dead pixel issue with these sets).

So I don't know if they all have this to some degree, or if some manage to not suffer from this issue. I guess it's another drawback to the edge-lit technology we all love so much.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #1455 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

My 60" also has the TS01.

That light bleed is very obvious! Best buy told me that when you return a tv of shows up as an exchange and doesn't count against the amount of returns you can have. I'm not sure that's 100% correct though.

I got a 90-day ban from returns last year at Best Buy - and I was a Silver Rewards member at the time of the ban. I was having many issues with Samsung sets last year and went through several, plus of course a few odd returns throughout the year for other random items (defective gigabit switch, recalled blu-ray with broken menu structure, etc.). As I was exchanging my previous set for the ES7500 last year, I got handed a notice of the ban after they processed the extended warranty, which they returned separately for whatever reason. Several calls to corporate made no difference and I was stuck with the ban, thus stuck with the ES7500, which also turned out to be defective, which was later refunded by Samsung earlier this year. Because of the temp ban I couldn't return the ES7500 even though it looked like crap right out of the box due to clouding and 3D banding.

I'm on my 3rd F8000 now thanks to dead pixels, and the Best Buy guy assured me that they weren't processed as returns, so it won't count against me. Who knows for sure how it works though? What I do know is returns are tracked by a 3rd party company called "The Retail Equation" - they track your returns based on your driver's license, which they ask you for during the return process usually. They indeed asked me for my license each time last year, including just before I got the temp return ban. Yet this year, I have not yet been asked for my license during my exchanges with the F8000s. All last year, my exchanges were handled at the customer service counter. This year, all exchanges so far have been handled in the Magnolia room. Maybe that's the difference - they aren't asking for licenses to track, so it isn't counted against you through "The Retail Equation". That's my theory anyways.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #1456 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeso View Post

I had this on my first 60 inch on the sides. I exchanged it and the new one does not have it.

Yes, is not suppose to have it. The first 65 I got that got the stuck pixel does not have neither.
darkvader001 is offline  
post #1457 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Though my experience with this isn't as bad as what your pictures look like, I did have something very similar with both my ES7500 last year, and also all 3 of my F8000 sets I've had so far. There are certain areas where a bright pinpoint of light escapes from the frame - like how you described it - for me, it's only visible looking at it from a certain angle - the ES7500 was the same way. If I look at my current F8000 as I'm standing above it real close in front of the panel, I can see it rather brightly, dead-center at the top of the frame right under the camera. However, from a normal viewing angle where I sit - it's totally invisible. As I get up and walk close to the panel, I can see it appear. The panel filter must help hide it from being visible depending on where I'm looking at it from. On my ES7500, it was on the bottom-left corner. The repair tech for my old ES7500 said it wasn't normal. Yet I've seen this now on all of my F8000s I've tried so far (I've been having a dead pixel issue with these sets).

So I don't know if they all have this to some degree, or if some manage to not suffer from this issue. I guess it's another drawback to the edge-lit technology we all love so much.

My first 65F8000 was perfect with no frame bleed but one dead pixel in the middle :-(, that is why BB exchanged but this one with this issue suck :-(. Waiting for BB to restock to get the exchange.
darkvader001 is offline  
post #1458 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Newbie
 
scottyoh530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone using a directv cable box/set top box with there F8000? If so which box are you using? And can you control your channels on your directv box with your samsung universal remote? Once again any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
scottyoh530 is offline  
post #1459 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Newbie
 
scottyoh530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyoh530 View Post

Hey, just bought a F8000 and new to forum. I'm currently running the tv with a directv set top box(hr22-100). I like the features on the samsung universal remote but can't seem to link it up with my receiver. All the buttons work except for the ability to change channels(by pressing channel up/down, voice command, or smart hub recommendations). Only my standard directv remote works for the channels. Both samsung and directv can't seem to figure it out and give me a different answer everytime I call in. It doesn't seem like other people are having this issue? Do I need to upgrade my receiver? I've tried the universal remote setup atleast 10 times without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Anyone???
scottyoh530 is offline  
post #1460 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Member
 
darkvader001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyoh530 View Post

Anyone???

I have not setup mine yet to use the Universal control feature, but I do know you need to be sure you get the IR transmitter that come with the TV properly line up with the DirectTV box IR receiver. Base on you explanation I can assume you did it already but thought to mention it just it case.
darkvader001 is offline  
post #1461 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jedi29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Eagle ,

So are you going for a 4th ?

If so , damn I sure hope it works out , it is a good thing that BB is playing fair , it is not costing them a cent to make sure you get a perfect F8000 , or at least as perfect as possible.

Are you still chasing colors and tints when using your Verizon box ?

Do you have Netflix or any of those pay to view things ? , Just curious as to what you find the color difference to be like.

I have tried watching a few "Crackle" movies and although they are not 1080p or i , the res is more than SD , I am guessing 720p , anyway , the colors and tints are better than with my cable box.

Just needed to know , thanks smile.gif

Hey , take care and if you are going for a 4th , all my best !

Later ,

Gary 
jedi29 is offline  
post #1462 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Newbie
 
scottyoh530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader001 View Post

I have not setup mine yet to use the Universal control feature, but I do know you need to be sure you get the IR transmitter that come with the TV properly line up with the DirectTV box IR receiver. Base on you explanation I can assume you did it already but thought to mention it just it case.
Yes I've tried it at different distances too, I actually called samsung 5 times and got 5 different answers lol. One of them told me that you CANNOT use the samsung universal remote to change channels. I almost believed him until he also told me that the shows on my smart hub and s-recommendations are there to show me what's on and I have to manually go to that channel(instead of just being able to just click the show to watch). I'm almost 100% sure your able to watch one of the recommended or now playing shows by just clicking it(mine just doesn't seem to work)
scottyoh530 is offline  
post #1463 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jedi29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Scotty ,

I have played around with that IR thingy too , I can`t get it to work either.

The F8000 is a real bugger , and don`t count on Samsung for any help , Samsung`s would be response " we know nothing about nothing " , and they mean it !

Later smile.gif

G. 
jedi29 is offline  
post #1464 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Hi Eagle ,

So are you going for a 4th ?

If so , damn I sure hope it works out , it is a good thing that BB is playing fair , it is not costing them a cent to make sure you get a perfect F8000 , or at least as perfect as possible.

Are you still chasing colors and tints when using your Verizon box ?

Do you have Netflix or any of those pay to view things ? , Just curious as to what you find the color difference to be like.

I have tried watching a few "Crackle" movies and although they are not 1080p or i , the res is more than SD , I am guessing 720p , anyway , the colors and tints are better than with my cable box.

Just needed to know , thanks smile.gif

Hey , take care and if you are going for a 4th , all my best !

Later ,

Gary 

Hey,

I'm waiting a few more weeks to see how I feel about it. I got 60 days from the time of purchase, and I plan to get the Squaretrade warranty from Costco, which I haven't done yet either. Still deciding if it's worth exchanging. I'm leaning towards no - zero clouding, very little flashlighting, and an iffy pixel that I'm not sure about. Plus the light leak at the top of the frame under the camera, which is not visible when viewing from any normal viewing height, even with letterbox bars. When I look at this set and compare it to how dreadful the ES7500 panel looked, with it's 3D banding and awful clouding, which I thought I was stuck with until I was able to convince Samsung to get a new repair ticket opened, I can't help but feel I should quit while I'm ahead, before I end up with another temp ban, or a bad panel, or both, which is what happened last year. If this is the panel I end up with, and things don't deteriorate, I'd say the panel looks pretty darned good. Amazing overall actually.

If only AMP was usable in custom mode. Looks like Samsung will never address this. I need to call them back about this - I've been busy but I think tomorrow I'll have some time to give them call on this.

I've given up on trying to get color perfect with FiOS - it's not possible. Some channels look excellent and other lousy, and it changes from program to program. I've got the same settings applied to my FIOS HDMI port that I have for my A/V receiver HDMI port, which I use for blu-ray, media player, and PC - and everything looks pretty fantastic. I have the color saturation dialed down just a bit but that's because I like realistic flesh tones when possible as opposed to saturated, but I believe there's no point in trying to tweak any more for FiOS. I just wish I could use AMP custom with FiOS (or anything else for that matter).

I have Netflix but I haven't tried streaming - I just use them for DVD and blu-ray rentals.

Hope things are going well for you - sounds like it's a mix of frustration and enjoyment, as is many of us. Overall I'm glad I pushed to get my ES7500 refunded and went for the F8000 - it's a huge step-up in quality.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #1465 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyoh530 View Post

Yes I've tried it at different distances too, I actually called samsung 5 times and got 5 different answers lol. One of them told me that you CANNOT use the samsung universal remote to change channels. I almost believed him until he also told me that the shows on my smart hub and s-recommendations are there to show me what's on and I have to manually go to that channel(instead of just being able to just click the show to watch). I'm almost 100% sure your able to watch one of the recommended or now playing shows by just clicking it(mine just doesn't seem to work)

If by universal remote he means the touch remote, he's completely wrong. I use it to change channels sometimes for my FiOS and I gotta say it works pretty awesome. Lots of little shortcuts I found by accident using swipes on the pad.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #1466 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Scotty ,

I have played around with that IR thingy too , I can`t get it to work either.

The F8000 is a real bugger , and don`t count on Samsung for any help , Samsung`s would be response " we know nothing about nothing " , and they mean it !

Later smile.gif

G. 

Weird - I use the IR blaster thing for my FiOS and it's awesome. Did you make sure to select the appropriate settings when you set it up in the main menu? It gives you a drop-down list of the different cable companies in your area, based on the zip code you provide, and you have to select the right cable company you get service from, in order for everything to work properly. For me everything went smoothly, and I can change channels and access the FiOS menu with the touch remote painlessly.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #1467 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jedi29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Eagle ,

Yes , I did go through the list and it even asked my cable box number , so with the virtual KB , I typed in my cb # and all that worked.
I can get VOD and the Guide function all without the blaster ! , so maybe it is a-ok , however some functions don`t work , like power off , but it never really shuts down anyway.

But when I try to use the blaster it goes all screwy confused.gif , I might try it again and this time check those menu settings , good tip !! smile.gif

Yeah , I don`t get it , whats with the color difference with cable boxes ?

At this point , I am not sure if ISF would do that much good or not.

I am satisfied with the Mac Mini and PS3 , although the PS3 is pushing a slight red.
The DV79-AVi is as good as it ever will be for up-converted SD.

O__ well , such is the life of an F8000 owner !! LOL

Take care , biggrin.gif

Later ,

Me 
jedi29 is offline  
post #1468 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Member
 
tstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

One thing that I don't love at all about this set is the incredibly narrow viewing angle. I'm not exaggerating when I say that from opposite ends of my couch, the image changes. If I sit on the far left, and leave on a black screen, I can see the right side of the panel is much lighter than the rest of the panel - like tons of light is spilling out onto the panel. If I move over to the far right, it shifts and now the left side of the panel is lighter. That's how drastic the image changes when you shift positions. Try it - it's very obvious how much the viewing angle affects the blacks on this panel. Only the person dead-center is seeing a proper image - Those on your right or left are getting a washed-out image, especially at the sides, where the washing-out begins to appear.

I currently own a Samsung LN55b650. I am very happy with the side viewing angles. Are you guys suggesting that the UN65F8000 will have an inferior viewing angle? Trying to figure that out -- or just wondering if AVS readers are such high-end videophiles that they are pickier than I will be?
tstevens is offline  
post #1469 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
SMO5007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

I got a 90-day ban from returns last year at Best Buy - and I was a Silver Rewards member at the time of the ban. I was having many issues with Samsung sets last year and went through several, plus of course a few odd returns throughout the year for other random items (defective gigabit switch, recalled blu-ray with broken menu structure, etc.). As I was exchanging my previous set for the ES7500 last year, I got handed a notice of the ban after they processed the extended warranty, which they returned separately for whatever reason. Several calls to corporate made no difference and I was stuck with the ban, thus stuck with the ES7500, which also turned out to be defective, which was later refunded by Samsung earlier this year. Because of the temp ban I couldn't return the ES7500 even though it looked like crap right out of the box due to clouding and 3D banding.

I'm on my 3rd F8000 now thanks to dead pixels, and the Best Buy guy assured me that they weren't processed as returns, so it won't count against me. Who knows for sure how it works though? What I do know is returns are tracked by a 3rd party company called "The Retail Equation" - they track your returns based on your driver's license, which they ask you for during the return process usually. They indeed asked me for my license each time last year, including just before I got the temp return ban. Yet this year, I have not yet been asked for my license during my exchanges with the F8000s. All last year, my exchanges were handled at the customer service counter. This year, all exchanges so far have been handled in the Magnolia room. Maybe that's the difference - they aren't asking for licenses to track, so it isn't counted against you through "The Retail Equation". That's my theory anyways.
I have the 65" 6400 having issues w DSE and banding/coulding. I am in the same boat as you that is why I cant return or exchange this sub par 65" 6400 that is 2.5 weeks old. Like you I was also a preimer silver BS member...
Called many times nothing came about it..
I never knew there was a limit on how many times u could return something...
SMO5007 is offline  
post #1470 of 7420 Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Newbie
 
MonkY2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the PlayStation 3D Glasses are compatible with Samsung 55F8000? I can't find this info anywhere...
Thx in advance!
MonkY2 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off