Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeso View Post

Did anyone get their free remote yet? Still waiting on mine.

Would be nice if Samsung sent us all Emails with "Tracking Numbers" for the Free Remote... I am still waiting,although I have not walked to the mail box yet today... smile.gif

Edit: For those making a New purchase of a F8000 TV... "Price includes bonus HW-F450 sound bar - LIMITED TIME ONLY!
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46F8000BFXZA
jedi29 likes this.

OLED Panels/ 4K Ultra HD TV... Redefining an Imperfect World

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey RW ,

I could not have stated it better myself !! smile.gif

No e-mail / No message of any kind , not even in the notification section of the tv itself .

I totally agree , Samsung should have sent out e-mail confirmations and tracking numbers , even if it is a free-bee wink.gif

It`s a hard enough job just owning the thing ( F8000 ) , never mind about wondering where your order is , or even if it will arrive.

Typical Samsung = mad.gif

I mean how hard would it be just to even acknowledge the fact that they are supposed to send us one !!!

IF or when I get mine , I will be sure to post !! smile.gif

Later biggrin.gif

G 
post #1803 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

BassMonger1 has a UN60F8000" and his is a TS01 panel.
How can that be that the 60" has two different panels?

How do I find out what panel my UN75F8000 has?

Guys, doing a follow up about my 75F8000 panel.
Anyone?

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #1804 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 05:58 PM

Liked: 10
TV is connected into my Sony receiver. Volume is controlled through the receiver but when I want to watch anything through the Smart Hub the volume from the channel I was watching still plays. I try using the Samsung remote to adjust just the TV volume, but the Samsung remote now changes the reveiver's volume. Can anyone offer a solution?
post #1805 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 06:35 PM

Liked: 12
I had the same problem and turned off "anynet" or whatever it is called; it finally stopped my remote from adjusting the volume on my AVR and turning it off as well.
post #1806 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 06:48 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:

Anyone?
Its on the box you bought it in if you still have it. Or it can be accessed by looking in your service menu(instruction linked via first page).
post #1807 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post

Ignore the pattern, and go by the discs. The discs are what is relevant for video.

I don't have the Samsung and don't know anything about the pattern you're talking about, but if I were to guess based on what you've said, I would say it has black bars down to RGB 0, and it's telling you they should all be visible. Because you adjusted brightness per the discs, bars below 17 are all black. Well, they're supposed to be! Video uses the RGB range 16-235, though values greater than 235 (whiter-than-white or WTW) can rarely occur in real content, and it is arguably desirable to show bars > 235. OTOH, 16 and below should be always be deepest black for video sources outputting video levels. You would only want to see bars below 16 for devices outputting PC levels. Your device and TV should be set to the same range, 16-235 or 0-255, and 16-235 is the norm for video devices.

Increasing brightness as your described is exactly what you would have to do if I'm guessing right. If you play the AVS709HD black clipping pattern with brightness at 65, I expect you would see the bars down as low as they go, which is 2 IIRC. You want to adjust Brightness to where 17 is just visible, and 16 and below are deepest black and completely disappear into the background.

The thing is the test pattern gives no indication of how it should be read - no numbers or anything to indicate which bars should be visible and which shouldn't be. But in the center of the pattern are 2 large boxes that are completely invisible with my settings as they are, and they remain invisible, like several of the bars on the left, until the brightness is brought waaay up. Why would those boxes be there if they are intended not to be seen?

I understand though what you're saying - that's how the the AVS pattern works for black clipping - all bars under 17 should be invisible, which they are currently with my settings. So I guess the expert pattern is showing it like it should be? But there's no way to tell because there's no numbers or indicators, and the boxes in the middle are confusing. Leave it to Samsung to not bother labeling the pattern so it makes sense to people.
post #1808 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeso View Post

Did anyone get their free remote yet? Still waiting on mine.

Nope, I thought mine might show up today but it didn't. So much for 7 days.
post #1809 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWonder View Post

Would be nice if Samsung sent us all Emails with "Tracking Numbers" for the Free Remote... I am still waiting,although I have not walked to the mail box yet today... smile.gif

Edit: For those making a New purchase of a F8000 TV... "Price includes bonus HW-F450 sound bar - LIMITED TIME ONLY!
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46F8000BFXZA

Yeah, right - we can't even get them to provide useful firmware update notes let alone tracking numbers. wink.gif
post #1810 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhans View Post

I have a UN55F8000

All right comrades I see some calibration settings for 3D by egale_2. How do I set these settings? Movie mode I have no problem but I try to set up for 3D I get lost. Also how do I save the set of calibration settings once done? I got a little fed up with all the settings and things still didn't look right to my eyes so I reset Movie mode back to standard settings. But I haven't totally given up and would like to try again with a little help.

To adjust the 3D settings, you first need to be viewing in 3D mode. If you currently don't have any true 3D material to view you can actually just enable the 2D>3D conversion mode - it will still be the same 3D mode and will share the same 3D settings as when you watch true 3D material. Once you're viewing in 3D mode, just enter the main menu as normal and start entering in all my settings - just like in 2D mode. When you leave 3D mode and go back to 2D mode, the settings will go back to how they were set in 2D, and when you go back into 3D mode, you will see your 3D settings. The 2D and 3D settings are independent. Also keep in mind that the "3D Light Control" in the 3D-specific menu always resets to "low" after you turn off your set, so each time you turn your set on and watch 3D again, you will need to go back in and set it back to "high" again. That's annoying and I already reported that bug to Samsung but I would be shocked if they actually did anything to remedy that issue.
post #1811 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 PM

Liked: 11
Hello
Bought a new Samsung UN65F8000 and hooked it up yesterday. My samsung apps and smart tv components are not working. I called samsung and they took control of the TV and did a reset on the Smart hub. The latest firmware is installed and still no smart hub or apps. I am able to go on the Internet with no proble on the TV web site. Really frustrating to buy a new TV and not have it work. On another note we played a couple blu ray movies and have been blown away with the amazing picture.
One other issue was that I am unable to use my HD TiVo with the supplied remote, this really sucks. My only other choice is to get a cable box from Cox in order to be able to use several of the features on the TV.

Samsung scheduled a service tech to come look at the TV.

I bought the TV from East Coast TV, I was told they had to have a tech look at the TV before I could return the TV. Samsung seems to think it is a firmware issue.
post #1812 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Leave it to Samsung to not bother labeling the pattern so it makes sense to people.

Typical. So ignore it. smile.gif You have independent, accepted ways to calibrate the TV. The AVS709HD patterns can be used for both Video and PC Levels.
post #1813 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Anyone?

The only way to find it that I know of is look on the box it came in.

From an earlier post:
TS01 is a good Samsung panel. Other Samsung panels are TH01 and TD01. Not sure about HS01 or MS01. But some of the 50 inch and 60-65 inch models use different panels which may not be Samsung.
post #1814 of 7466 Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM

Finally tried game mode. I see what you are saying eagle. It's so bad. At first I thought I could deal with the lag, but then I tried black ops 2 on pc mode and it was a world of difference. If I go into game mode and turn absolutely everything off including smartled and cinema black it is a little better, maybe ok for last of us, and the picture is still better than PC mode, at least you have color controls lol. I know you like your blacks, especially for that game, but just try it with smartled off and see how you like it. You can compensate with dynamic contrast on high and black level on darkest if you have to, it doesn't lag as bad as smart led on.
post #1815 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMonger1 View Post

Finally tried game mode. I see what you are saying eagle. It's so bad. At first I thought I could deal with the lag, but then I tried black ops 2 on pc mode and it was a world of difference. If I go into game mode and turn absolutely everything off including smartled and cinema black it is a little better, maybe ok for last of us, and the picture is still better than PC mode, at least you have color controls lol. I know you like your blacks, especially for that game, but just try it with smartled off and see how you like it. You can compensate with dynamic contrast on high and black level on darkest if you have to, it doesn't lag as bad as smart led on.

It's really a shame the lag is as bad as it is in game mode. I can understand it in regular mode but not game mode. It's too bad there are compromises either way. Ideally PC mode is desirable especially for pc gaming because of the 4:4:4 chroma support. But the lack of even basic picture controls is disappointing. Perhaps there's a valid technical reason why basic adjustments aren't allowed in PC mode? Although my HDMI PC monitor certainly allows picture control. On the other had game mode seems to still use too much processing as it's still high in lag, and then you lose the 4:4 4 chroma.
post #1816 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Well I guess this means no F8000 for me. And it looks like the F8500 plasma is even worse for game mode input lag.... As a huge gamer this is a big selling point that I won't compromise with...... Now the question is, what tv do I get now???? Are the F7100 or F6400 better?? I see that Samsung will be releasing their 4k tv's pretty soon but don't have a 75" listed. Shouted I wait and get a 65"? Dang it, just when I think I have my mind made up.
post #1817 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Guy`s ,

Eagle :

I thought that PC`s had color profiles ? I know that you would know more about that than I would , but does that help at all with the chroma issue ?

I know on my Mac Mini I had to re-do the color profile for the F8000 , chroma is still off but I have a 2.4 gamma rate using Standard setting via HDMI.
It is far from perfect , but skin tones are very good , although white levels are still overdriven , I can tone them down without losing what I have gained , so it is just a medium balance.

I still have not tried the cursor movement with my PS3 , but I plan to take a close look at X-Com`s cross-hair and see what happens.

4K`s , well I would look to Sony for your best bet , unless you rely on app`s , from what I hear Sony still needs work on there app platform , not that Samsung is anything to write home about !!

Take care , later smile.gif

G. 
post #1818 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 AM

Liked: 11
I received my 2nd UN60F8000 on Friday and this one has a picture that is outstanding it blows the 1st one that I had to send back totally away it is like the difference between night and day.
post #1819 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz5000 View Post

Well I guess this means no F8000 for me. And it looks like the F8500 plasma is even worse for game mode input lag.... As a huge gamer this is a big selling point that I won't compromise with...... Now the question is, what tv do I get now???? Are the F7100 or F6400 better?? I see that Samsung will be releasing their 4k tv's pretty soon but don't have a 75" listed. Shouted I wait and get a 65"? Dang it, just when I think I have my mind made up.

The Sony w900a got really good input lag scores from cnet. 19ms which is phenominal. The step down, the 802a, somehow did better at 16ms. The f8000 in PC mode scored 50ms. For me, playing super twitchy games like black ops online, 50 is fine. If you have bad Internet lag, in combination with 50ms input lag you might notice. For me, my Internet connection is fine and I think the input lag on the set is just as good as my old Sony z4100. It doesn't look THAT bad in PC mode either (especially under the entertainment setting). Don't get me wrong, it's not a $3000 picture, but it's still as good as my old Sony in game mode. All in all I love this tv. The picture is phenominal, the popping colors, the deep blacks, and the motion control are bar none in the price range. To boot you also get the best smart hub suite of any tv out there right now, the best 3D processing, 4 pairs of glasses, and a design that looks truly high end even off. With its only downsides maybe not passing DD5.1 through optical after receiving through an external source via hdmi (which not many tvs do due to copyright issues), a not so quick game mode (which is a compromise between looking good and being a little quicker), but it does have PC mode which still technically works, hardcore gamers can still get their kicks with this tv. And finally viewing angle isn't the best because samsung and Sony both use s-pva, so the viewing angle isn't going to be any better on the w900a. Yes ips has better viewing angles, but there's a reason that sharp and lg are using them and they are considered inferior sets. The contrast isn't as good on them. I'd rather have deep blacks dead on for me and let my guests on an angle suffer than have the same, not so deep contrast at every angle including mine dead on. I have a question for eagle or really any f8000 owner, when you run your finger down the actuall lcd screen, is there a slight trail where your finger was? Supposedly the longer the trail the worse the viewing angle is. It might be bogus, who knows, but I have literally no trail and my viewing angle is pretty decent. Just curious. I really do think this is the best led you can buy for under $6000. Even the 4k Sony didn't impress me enough to justify twice the price. It was better, but maybe only 10-15% better and that's with a 4k feed, not bluray. I absolutely love this tv! This is coming from hating the es8000. I won't do plasma because I have a ton of windows and the Sony w900a's only advantages of slightly, like barely better blacks and better input lag (which who knows how washed out it looks in game mode to get that 19ms with virtually no processing) was not worth it for the 5 less inches at the same price. And this is coming from someone who only bought sonys in the past.
tstevens likes this.
post #1820 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Anyone know if all the F8000 sizes have the same panels?
Or do certain sizes get different panels?
60 has the TS01 panel?

The box my 75" came in says it's a TS01 panel.
Prior post here say the 46" 55" 60" 65" have the TSO1 panels.

Seems that's the panel all F8000 have.
I believe that panel provides excellent blacks, contrast at the expense of poor viewing angles.
Given the choice, I'd choose the blacks/contrast/color over viewing angle.

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #1821 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Prior post here say the 46" 55" 60" 65" have the TSO1 panels.

Seems that's the panel all F8000 have.
I believe that panel provides excellent blacks, contrast at the expense of poor viewing angles.
Being giving the choice, I'd choose the blacks/contrast/color over viewing angle.

Originally Posted by bekindrewind

Or do certain sizes get different panles?
60 has the TS01 panel?

Prior post here say the 46" and 60" have TS01 panels.

Shall we assume all F8000 sizes have a TS01 panel?

No because one 60" owner had the TH01
post #1822 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 AM

Liked: 10
What is this free remote from Samsung I hear of? I have a 55" F8000. Just signed into the samsung website and didn't see anything in my account that says I am owed a free remote? Looked it up on google and didn't see anything about it there either? Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks.
post #1823 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy05 View Post

What is this free remote from Samsung I hear of? I have a 55" F8000. Just signed into the samsung website and didn't see anything in my account that says I am owed a free remote? Looked it up on google and didn't see anything about it there either? Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55F8000BFXZA

At the top of the page you can see a news alert about the free remote. Clicking its link will open a pop-up form for you to fill out.
post #1824 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMonger1 View Post

Originally Posted by bekindrewind

Or do certain sizes get different panels?
60 has the TS01 panel?

Prior post here say the 46" and 60" have TS01 panels.

Shall we assume all F8000 sizes have a TS01 panel?

No because one 60" owner had the TH01

I think that owner hit the wrong key, "H" instead of "S"
I don't believe Samsung would not be consistent in what panels they put on the same model.
One UN60F8000 has a TSO1 panel and another UN60F8000 has a TH01 panel? That does not make sense.

PS, I did not write in my post..."No because one 60" owner had the TH01".
(bassmonger1 please don't include your reply as part of my post the way you did. It appears that I wrote that in my post. The heading in the quote says: Originally Posted by bekindrewind. )
I welcome all replies, as long as they are separate/not added to what I originally wrote.

post #1825 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

We find ourselves in the same predicament. I am also a big gamer and I was planning on getting the F8000 to go with the PS4. So far these are the options I've come up with:

1. Buy the Sony W900. You will loose the sleek design of the F8000 (which IMO is the best looking TV out there) and you will loose some of the smart TV functions but the game lag is incredibly low. Perfect for Destiny, watch dogs and the new kill zone.

2. Buy the F8000 and hope and pray that Samsung makes a firmware update to reduce game lag. There have been plenty of F8000 reviews that complain about the game lag. Im sure someone from samsung has red these reviews. Also I'm sure Samsung doesn't want to be outdone by Sony. It's possible that samsung could be working on an update right this very moment.

The F8000 as a regular TV is actually quite good. The game lag is one of the few things that are holding me back.

3. Spend a bit more money and buy the 4K Samsung F9000. You get 4k resolution (which really won't make too big a difference on the 55" and 65") and backlit LED with local dimming. No word yet on the game lag, but for a TV this expensive, it better be low.

4. Wait until next years G8000. Hope and pray that Samsung reduces the game lag. Also hope and pray that Samsung doesn't ruin the F8000's simple and sleek design.
post #1826 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 110
Quote:

I have the F7100 and its great for Gaming with lag between 38-40ms.

http://www.displaylag.com/introducing-2013s-best-hdtvs-for-gaming-part-1/
post #1827 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 169
38-40ms is most definitely not good for gaming.
post #1828 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

38-40ms is most definitely not good for gaming.

Your are right, according to the Experts its Great for gaming....

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/
post #1829 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I think its sad that they would consider that "great" when in fact it is "terrible". Even 20ms is just decent. Games really need 10ms and under. The only reason that people are accepting these high input lag times is because that is all that is available. mad.gif
post #1830 of 7466 Old 07-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegt View Post

We find ourselves in the same predicament. I am also a big gamer and I was planning on getting the F8000 to go with the PS4. So far these are the options I've come up with:

1. Buy the Sony W900. You will loose the sleek design of the F8000 (which IMO is the best looking TV out there) and you will loose some of the smart TV functions but the game lag is incredibly low. Perfect for Destiny, watch dogs and the new kill zone.

2. Buy the F8000 and hope and pray that Samsung makes a firmware update to reduce game lag. There have been plenty of F8000 reviews that complain about the game lag. Im sure someone from samsung has red these reviews. Also I'm sure Samsung doesn't want to be outdone by Sony. It's possible that samsung could be working on an update right this very moment.

The F8000 as a regular TV is actually quite good. The game lag is one of the few things that are holding me back.

3. Spend a bit more money and buy the 4K Samsung F9000. You get 4k resolution (which really won't make too big a difference on the 55" and 65") and backlit LED with local dimming. No word yet on the game lag, but for a TV this expensive, it better be low.

4. Wait until next years G8000. Hope and pray that Samsung reduces the game lag. Also hope and pray that Samsung doesn't ruin the F8000's simple and sleek design.

I would go with the W900A. Its picture quality edges out the F8000, and with its Triluminos display you'll have access to a wider color palette. Sony is releasing Blu-rays that use it.

Since I already spent too much money on the F8000 and let my return period lapse, I'm looking at Sony's W802A as a second set and for gaming. I do like that it has passive 3D, too. That should be easier on the eyes and more crosstalk free.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page