Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 82 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2431 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
If you're console gaming (which runs at 30 fps for most games, CoD would be an exception at 60fps), anti-judder can help. 720p video game graphics are a lot easier for the algorithms to paint a convincing transitional frame inbetween the two real frames coming into the TV. Video game geometries usually have clear defined edges that objects make which is easier for the algorithms to detect and keep in tact with little artifacts around them. So yes, gaming can be smoother and have the illusion of being clearer from anti-judder. But the real big player on the F8000 that increases the motion clarity is the LED Clear Motion. Judder can give the illusion of more clarity because it's a smoother experience in say a panning from left to right scene. if there is more frames to look at, it's easier for the eye to focus and catch details that lower fps simply can't provide. I'm saying the anti-judder is just giving the illusion of a better motion resolution because it's injecting frames were there weren't any. (The TV's display can display up to 240 different frames, most of which are the same frame displayed several times. So you can take a 30fps game and software guess in some new transitional frames to fill up the remaining 240 hz the TV can display. Filling these frames up gives an ultra smooth effect and if the algorithms can maintain the detail between the frames properly, which is easier to do with computer graphics than real world captured film, then it will be easier for your eye to see the details during motion scenes). So in essence the motion resolution is improved by injecting more frames, but at the same time it's actually the LED Clear Motion that's telling the panel to update before objects in scenes get to a part of the panel without injecting extra frames.

TL:DR

Anti-Judder or frame interpolation gives the illusion of a higher motion resolution because more frames are added. Most 30fps console games don't have any motion blur to make the 30fps seem smoother like natural motion blur from exposure on a 24fps film. That's why movies look so smoother than 30fps video games. The natural motion blur on film makes up for the low fps. Video games don't have that blur, so motion is more abrupt. Filling in extra frames (not motion blur) let's you see more details.

Example of Clear Motion AND frame interpolation:

X O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O X O O|O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O X O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O X
hz 1 ---- hz 2 ---- hz 3 ---- hz 4

Example of Clear Motion and NO frame interpolation:

X O O O|X O O O |O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O X |O O O X

Example of NO Clear Motion and NO frame interpolation:

X O O O|X O O O |X O O O| x O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O x |O O O X|O O O X
hz 1 ---- hz 2 ---- hz 3 ---- hz 4 ---- hz 5

Notice how the frame interpolation makes the transition smooth AND there is no motion blur, thus giving the illusion of more motion resolution. Then look at the second example. The motion resolution is the same, but it did not GUESS the transitions between the two frames. It's such an abrupt transition that your eye can't really follow and pick up the detail that's in it. And then look at the 3rd example. The motion resolution is lower because there is motion blur and it's taking time for the X to go away and taking longer for the X to appear. It actually took the 3rd example an entire hz longer to get to the proper updated image that the TV should have displayed 3 hz earlier.

Not the best example, but I hope this is making sense...
Tj Werner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

If you're console gaming (which runs at 30 fps for most games, CoD would be an exception at 60fps), anti-judder can help. 720p video game graphics are a lot easier for the algorithms to paint a convincing transitional frame inbetween the two real frames coming into the TV. Video game geometries usually have clear defined edges that objects make which is easier for the algorithms to detect and keep in tact with little artifacts around them. So yes, gaming can be smoother and have the illusion of being clearer from anti-judder. But the real big player on the F8000 that increases the motion clarity is the LED Clear Motion. Judder can give the illusion of more clarity because it's a smoother experience in say a panning from left to right scene. if there is more frames to look at, it's easier for the eye to focus and catch details that lower fps simply can't provide. I'm saying the anti-judder is just giving the illusion of a better motion resolution because it's injecting frames were there weren't any. (The TV's display can display up to 240 different frames, most of which are the same frame displayed several times. So you can take a 30fps game and software guess in some new transitional frames to fill up the remaining 240 hz the TV can display. Filling these frames up gives an ultra smooth effect and if the algorithms can maintain the detail between the frames properly, which is easier to do with computer graphics than real world captured film, then it will be easier for your eye to see the details during motion scenes). So in essence the motion resolution is improved by injecting more frames, but at the same time it's actually the LED Clear Motion that's telling the panel to update before objects in scenes get to a part of the panel without injecting extra frames.

TL:DR

Anti-Judder or frame interpolation gives the illusion of a higher motion resolution because more frames are added. Most 30fps console games don't have any motion blur to make the 30fps seem smoother like natural motion blur from exposure on a 24fps film. That's why movies look so smoother than 30fps video games. The natural motion blur on film makes up for the low fps. Video games don't have that blur, so motion is more abrupt. Filling in extra frames (not motion blur) let's you see more details.

Example of Clear Motion AND frame interpolation:

X O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O X O O|O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O X O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O O|O O O X

Example of Clear Motion and NO frame interpolation:

X O O O|X O O O |O O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O X |O O O X

Example of NO Clear Motion and NO frame interpolation:

X O O O|X O O O |X O O O| x O O O|O O O O
O O O O|O O O O|O O O x |O O O X|O O O X
hz 1 ---- hz 2 ---- hz 3 ---- hz 4 ---- hz 5

Notice how the frame interpolation makes the transition smooth AND there is no motion blur, thus giving the illusion of more motion resolution. Then look at the second example. The motion resolution is the same, but it did not GUESS the transitions between the two frames. It's such an abrupt transition that your eye can't really follow and pick up the detail that's in it. And then look at the 3rd example. The motion resolution is lower because there is motion blur and it's taking time for the X to go away and taking longer for the X to appear. It actually took the 3rd example an entire hz longer to get to the proper updated image that the TV should have displayed 3 hz earlier.

Not the best example, but I hope this is making sense...
'

I may have miss spoke. I fully understand that. What I'm saying is that in a case where its not a linear motion. Interpolation is an avg. So, it can "miss" or return a false data point due to less sample points/low frame rates. I didn't mean blur more like margin of error I suppose. But, Im just excited right now. Im ready to hook up my Xbox and see for myself. Next gen consoles are suppose to support 60Hz gaming correct? So, interpolation wouldn't apply since we are in higher frame rates and more motion can be captured. So, this would decrease the input lag.
post #2433 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 PM

Interpolation can still apply to 60hz video games. The TV's refresh rate is 240hz so it can guess in a few more frames in between the 60 frames that come in. But it's really extrapolating and the margin you speak of is more obvious. The algorithms are good at smoothing linear motion, it just mathematically works better so panning scenes left to right or objects moving in a straight path are smoothed properly and it almost looks like native 240hz. It's with more complex, not so easily predicted scenes where things get sketchy and the algorithms fail at creating a proper interpolated frame.

I have two native 120hz TN 23" 1080p Samsung LED monitors. So they'll take in 120hz from my GPU and display all of the frames on the screen. So the hardware itself is able to display smoother than 60hz. DisplayPort and DVI-D supports 120hz. As far a I know, HDMI 1.4 (The latest standard) does not support 120hz 1080p. So TV's can't accept a native 120hz or even a native 240hz. So sure the panel in the TV can refresh that fast, it can't actually display native 240hz content, all it can do is software upscale 60hz or 30hz or 24hz or what have you, to higher hz. So 60hz games still can benefit from interpolation. However, this may change with the adoption of HDMI 2.0 on both GPUs and TV's. HDMI 2.0 can do 4K 60hz which is 4 x 1080p 60hz, so theoretically, it should be able to do 1080p 240hz. GPUs can already render 240hz or more, there's just no cable or display widely available that will accept such a high refresh rate.

Going from 60hz to 120hz on my monitor is like night and day. Interpolation is like the hz is jumping around from 60 to 240 as the software inconsistently upscales it. It can also mess up and make the content look choppier than it is because of this. There are pros and cons but current gen 30fps games (30fps is wayyy to low) can really benefit from frame interpolation, assuming input lag is responsive enough to not make frame interpolation not worth it. Same goes for 60hz. Video Games are meant to be like looking into another reality, so the smoother the motion the more realistic. The same can't be said for film based content.
Tj Werner likes this.
post #2434 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj Werner View Post

'

I may have miss spoke. I fully understand that. What I'm saying is that in a case where its not a linear motion. Interpolation is an avg. So, it can "miss" or return a false data point due to less sample points/low frame rates. I didn't mean blur more like margin of error I suppose. But, Im just excited right now. Im ready to hook up my Xbox and see for myself. Next gen consoles are suppose to support 60Hz gaming correct? So, interpolation wouldn't apply since we are in higher frame rates and more motion can be captured. So, this would decrease the input lag.

Quote:

Interpolation can still apply to 60hz video games. The TV's refresh rate is 240hz so it can guess in a few more frames in between the 60 frames that come in. But it's really extrapolating and the margin you speak of is more obvious. The algorithms are good at smoothing linear motion, it just mathematically works better so panning scenes left to right or objects moving in a straight path are smoothed properly and it almost looks like native 240hz. It's with more complex, not so easily predicted scenes where things get sketchy and the algorithms fail at creating a proper interpolated frame.

I have two native 120hz TN 23" 1080p Samsung LED monitors. So they'll take in 120hz from my GPU and display all of the frames on the screen. So the hardware itself is able to display smoother than 60hz. DisplayPort and DVI-D supports 120hz. As far a I know, HDMI 1.4 (The latest standard) does not support 120hz 1080p. So TV's can't accept a native 120hz or even a native 240hz. So sure the panel in the TV can refresh that fast, it can't actually display native 240hz content, all it can do is software upscale 60hz or 30hz or 24hz or what have you, to higher hz. So 60hz games still can benefit from interpolation. However, this may change with the adoption of HDMI 2.0 on both GPUs and TV's. HDMI 2.0 can do 4K 60hz which is 4 x 1080p 60hz, so theoretically, it should be able to do 1080p 240hz. GPUs can already render 240hz or more, there's just no cable or display widely available that will accept such a high refresh rate.

Going from 60hz to 120hz on my monitor is like night and day. Interpolation is like the hz is jumping around from 60 to 240 as the software inconsistently upscales it. It can also mess up and make the content look choppier than it is because of this. There are pros and cons but current gen 30fps games (30fps is wayyy to low) can really benefit from frame interpolation, assuming input lag is responsive enough to not make frame interpolation not worth it. Same goes for 60hz. Video Games are meant to be like looking into another reality, so the smoother the motion the more realistic. The same can't be said for film based content.

Agreed. Reason I ask is because if its native 60Hz, I may not turn on interpolation due to input lag and I will be getting the next gen consoles and ill also probably have a desktop hooked up to it.
post #2435 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 10:51 PM

I'm waiting for the GTX 800 series before I upgrade my GTX 670. With that upgrade I'll be getting more SSD storage (I only have 256GB Samsung 840 Pro which is one of the fastest SSD's on the market :P) and a new Mobo, CPU, CPU cooler, etc. Pretty much a whole new rig but keeping some of my older parts. I'll probably create a less expensive build to put in another room of the house with the left over parts. I'll also be getting one of the next gen consoles or both, I'm not quite sure yet. I love gaming but I don't know if it'd be worth buying both consoles considering college and work and what not taking up most of my time on earth. I have an xbox 360 right now BTW. I don't game on it much as I used to but it's still used sparingly hah.

And as I have said before, only certain games should use motion enhancers on the F8000 because of the input lag opportunity cost. Single player games or non competitive games can benefit greatly with motion enhancers. Input lag sensitive games like CoD and Battlefield 4 will not be worth using the motion enhancers. It'll look epic in single player for those games, but competitive online wouldn't be worth it. Competitive games are meant for you to kill people as fast as possible with precision, not look at eye candy. For single player games where eye candy matters, turn on the motion enhancers. Anything serious like maintaining your K/D ratio, leave em' off.
Tj Werner likes this.
post #2436 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

I'm waiting for the GTX 800 series before I upgrade my GTX 670. With that upgrade I'll be getting more SSD storage (I only have 256GB Samsung 840 Pro which is one of the fastest SSD's on the market :P) and a new Mobo, CPU, CPU cooler, etc. Pretty much a whole new rig but keeping some of my older parts. I'll probably create a less expensive build to put in another room of the house with the left over parts. I'll also be getting one of the next gen consoles or both, I'm not quite sure yet. I love gaming but I don't know if it'd be worth buying both consoles considering college and work and what not taking up most of my time on earth. I have an xbox 360 right now BTW. I don't game on it much as I used to but it's still used sparingly hah.

And as I have said before, only certain games should use motion enhancers on the F8000 because of the input lag opportunity cost. Single player games or non competitive games can benefit greatly with motion enhancers. Input lag sensitive games like CoD and Battlefield 4 will not be worth using the motion enhancers. It'll look epic in single player for those games, but competitive online wouldn't be worth it. Competitive games are meant for you to kill people as fast as possible with precision, not look at eye candy. For single player games where eye candy matters, turn on the motion enhancers. Anything serious like maintaining your K/D ratio, leave em' off.

The 800-series is still a year away. I'm excited for its unique architecture, but the GTX 780 comes surprisingly close to the GeForce Titan in terms of performance, sometimes only a few frames. And the cards out right now are already ahead of what's in the next-generation consoles. If you want a good PC gaming upgrade, you should check out one of the 21:9 aspect ratio monitors. They have the same feel of going from full screen to widescreen, except now it's widescreen to ultra widescreen. As much as I like connecting my PC to my TV, a 2560x1080 display changes everything. I may not even buy a new console this holiday and instead put money into my computer to run games at that resolution better.
Tj Werner likes this.
post #2437 of 7651 Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

The 800-series is still a year away. I'm excited for its unique architecture, but the GTX 780 comes surprisingly close to the GeForce Titan in terms of performance, sometimes only a few frames. And the cards out right now are already ahead of what's in the next-generation consoles. If you want a good PC gaming upgrade, you should check out one of the 21:9 aspect ratio monitors. They have the same feel of going from full screen to widescreen, except now it's widescreen to ultra widescreen. As much as I like connecting my PC to my TV, a 2560x1080 display changes everything. I may not even buy a new console this holiday and instead put money into my computer to run games at that resolution better.
\
One of my friends has 3 monitors and uses amd's eyefinity to stretch all 3 into one big screen when he plays. Its intense!

16*3:9 lol

@ DRN94
also, I have 3 monitors 2 of which are hand me downs for PC and one Samsung with low input lag and beautiful picture for my Xbox. I have no tv as I just moved out and got an apartment. My living room is looooong and narrow so I'm shooting for as big of a screen as I can without compromise of input lag and PQ. Gaming and tv hours will probably be neck and neck. I have a 360 as well. I mostly play FPSs. The Sly Fox 1 if you want to add me.
post #2438 of 7651 Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag.jase View Post

I don't think your color setting is crazy at all.

I posted last week asking a question regarding the color saturation on this set.

I have noticed on my older tv's the color setting from the standard 50 and up has a more dramatic effect than the f8000.

F8000 seems to saturate the colors much less than my other tv.

I have my setting at color 65. Even when i bump it up to 80 to 100 it still doesn't look so saturated where it's just not an option.

Have you noticed your f8000 being less saturated?

thanks

The Color control is for Chroma Gain which is much more associated with color luminance, not saturation. Set too high the picture looks "cartoonish".

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2439 of 7651 Old 08-21-2013, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy10 View Post

I was wondering if I can get some input on 65 inch screen is it true that the 65 inch panels are prone to more issues than lets say a 60 inch.

I've yet to see a 65" Samsung that doesn't have some degree of vertical banding visible during motion. I've tried 2 of them side by side in my home and they both had vertical banding. It's not always visible - the conditions have to be just right.

That said, aside from the vertical banding, I'm pretty happy with my 65" F8000. If it weren't for the banding, I probably wouldn't even think about upgrading for several years. But as it stands now, I find the banding mildly annoying and if something better comes along, well...
post #2440 of 7651 Old 08-21-2013, 06:44 AM

Liked: 21
Theres slight banding on my 75" also. It is a bit annoying, there is also flaslightung and clouding on the top 6" of the panel. But after those facts the set is beautiful!
post #2441 of 7651 Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi GUY`s ,

And I thought I was confused before , geez !! wink.gif

OK__now I need some help with this:

Most of the tv stuff I watch comes from my cable box and it is set to output 1080i , however there are some channels that still do 720p even though my CB is doing 1080i , one channel I can think of is Fox Network , they are still doing the 720p.

So, over all , what "Film" mode will give me the best picture for viewing content from my CB.

Next is the PS3 , some games for 1080p and some are 720p , what film mode in this case.

My dvd player up converts to 1080i , from 480i ( no BlueRay , just SD library ) , off seems to work best for SD-DVD`s.

My Mac Mini is happy with it off !

Thanks guy`s biggrin.gif

Later smile.gif

G. 
post #2442 of 7651 Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM

I have 4 monitors for my PC technically. I have 2x 23" 1080p 120hz Samsung monitors (S23A950D and S23A750D, both NATIVE 120hz), a 17" Vizio 768p TV, and the 55" Samsung F8000 1080p TV. It's a pretty epic set up I think. And thanks to a 200 watt sound system, the audio experience is great too.

As far as the 700 series goes, it's not worth upgrading from the 600 series. And I never buy top tier graphics cards because the two "less powerful" cards under perform by only a few frames per second. So the few hundred dollar gap is absurd. That's why I'm waiting for the 800 series, the 700 series isn't that profound of an upgrade from a GTX 670. The GTX 670 has more than enough fire power to max out practically any game with the exception of the highest anti-aliasing on games like Metro Last Light and Crysis 3.

And considering gaming consoles are only 400 to 500 bucks for a complete independent gaming machine, is a pretty decent deal. And console exclusive games are always nice to play. Sure graphics are superior on the PC (even the GTX 670, a year and a few months old card, beats the next gen consoles by a wide margin in graphical capabilities) but the gameplay that consoles exclusive games have is a nice contrast to the PC gaming experience. Also a lot of my not so computer savy friends play on the consoles so it's nice to play with them every now and again. I'm a graphics whore as much as the next guy but I still enjoy games for their gameplay so next gen console gaming is something I'm looking forward to. And part of that is knowing that people that don't understand graphics too much are able to get actual full HD native directx 11 graphics, rather than the low resolution textures, 720p, 30fps, no anti-aliasing crap on the consoles now.

I have plenty of money to spend but I don't buy things of bad value to me personally because half of the things I'd spend them on (best graphics card possible, perhaps another cutting edge TV (probably plasma cause I hear so many good things about them), both next gen consoles, online subscriptions for both systems, etc.) is totally not worth spending the money on for me personally. Just cause I have money burning in my pocket doesn't mean I should go out and buy things I'll only use once a couple weeks.
post #2443 of 7651 Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 AM

Yea. I game on a GTX 460 still so I'm not in this convo lol :P.
post #2444 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 AM

Liked: 10
Hi

Dears i'm new here and i want answer for my question please

i live in country support PAL only and 220-240 electric

and i want to buy this Samsung tv from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN75F8000-75-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377152218&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+led+75

but i heard its only support 110-120 electric and it will not work with me

also i heard its NTSC and not support PAL signal is that right ? and what the best solution for this 2 issue ? can i buy this from amazon uk ? or buy converter cuz this product not available in my country

thanks
post #2445 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 AM

im having same issue. just figuring out how to use motion control and as soon as i start getting it down, same msg pops up.."your tv is set to external speakers.." or similar to that msg at least is there a fix?
post #2446 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohannad View Post

Hi

Dears i'm new here and i want answer for my question please

i live in country support PAL only and 220-240 electric

and i want to buy this Samsung tv from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN75F8000-75-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377152218&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+led+75

but i heard its only support 110-120 electric and it will not work with me

also i heard its NTSC and not support PAL signal is that right ? and what the best solution for this 2 issue ? can i buy this from amazon uk ? or buy converter cuz this product not available in my country

thanks

You need to buy the UE75F8000 not the UN55F8000.
post #2447 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeazeTM View Post

You need to buy the UE75F8000 not the UN55F8000.

not available in my country ...from where i can buy this UE75F8000 ??
post #2448 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj Werner View Post

LoL sold. Looks like I'm going for the 60". Now, to find the deals. smile.gif

+1 me on that. Let's see what labor day sales are coming up . . .
Tj Werner likes this.
post #2449 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla1964 View Post

+1 me on that. Let's see what labor day sales are coming up . . .

You guys won't be disappointed. I just played Crysis 3 on the new and improved game mode and it looks great and plays better. Loved the f8000 so far, getting calibrated today. Will report on the improvements.
post #2450 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post

I just updated to the 1110 firmware on my 55 F8000 and did the hard reset, as soon as I went back to redo all my settings I noticed a much softer looking picture. Has anybody else noticed this with the 1110 update?

Have you had anyone else notice the softer picture after the 1110 update? I also thought I saw a softer picture, but you are the only other person I've seen online that has mentioned it. Have you contacted Samsung? I'm not sure if I should have it checked, or if I should wait for another update. I have the PN60F8500. Also, how do you do a hard reset?
post #2451 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovat View Post

Hey

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 2013 Samsung 40F8000 TV and a Sonos Playbar. Everything has been working fine since I got both items about a month ago. I have got up this morning, and now every time I go to change the volume of the Playbar using my Samsung remote (the Playbar doesn't have a remote) I get an error message on the TV saying:
"Your TV is set to use External speakers. Adjust the volume on the connected speak directly"

Although the volume on the Playbar still changes

I have resynced the Playbar and the remote, and it has made no difference......

Does anyone have an ideas; how to stop the error message?

I just connected my Sonos Playbar to my UN60F8000. The Playbar did not recognize my original Touch remote, but I was able to properly pair the freebie remote Samsung sent me. I have my TV speakers turned off as well, and I am getting the volume pop-up that you mentioned. Were you able to overcome this? I didn't see any tips in subsequent forum posts. I wonder if it's possible to setup another device on the remote and have the volume to that secondary device push the volume control through to all devices. Kind of like a what a Harmony device is capable of. May have to just dust off an old harmony to overcome this...
post #2452 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 12:56 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCleaner33 View Post

Have you had anyone else notice the softer picture after the 1110 update? I also thought I saw a softer picture, but you are the only other person I've seen online that has mentioned it. Have you contacted Samsung? I'm not sure if I should have it checked, or if I should wait for another update. I have the PN60F8500. Also, how do you do a hard reset?

The hard reset is under, Screen Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset, put in all zeros for the pin # unless you have a custom pin #.
You will have to redo all your settings after the reset, but I did read over at the UK av-forums that someone did ask samsung if a hard reset was necessary after the update and they said no. I haven't contacted samsung as I'm going to wait for the next update and see what happens. The 1109 update looked a whole lot better looking I think.
post #2453 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes 1109 , did look better than 1110.

I wonder what 1111 will do , if there even will be another update , they must be getting to the end.

O____well , just as deep a hole as the F8000 !! biggrin.gif

Later smile.gif

G. 
post #2454 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMonger1 View Post

You guys won't be disappointed. I just played Crysis 3 on the new and improved game mode and it looks great and plays better. Loved the f8000 so far, getting calibrated today. Will report on the improvements.

Your making me excited to get mine. I can't wait to see Battlefield 4 on it. Is anyone else planning to get the PS4 on launch day?

Has there been any reports of banding on the 60"?
post #2455 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Correct me if I am wrong , but "banding" is an inherent trait of LCD tv`s.

Some are more noticeable than others.

I have a Sony XBR2 - 40" and the banding is very noticeable ( King Kong / new PJ version is a good test -- beginning green back ground ).

I was hoping the F8000 would not have any banding issues , but my 46" does , not as bad as my old Sony , but it is still there.

Later smile.gif

Me 
post #2456 of 7651 Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 PM

I just purchased a 65" 8000 series. It comes with panel version MD01. Can't find anything about it, do you guys know? I previously has a TD02 panel which I believe is Samsung, it had light leaking.
post #2457 of 7651 Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 AM

Interesting development regarding the pop-up "Your TV is set to use External speakers. Adjust the volume on the connected speak directly". I have changed nothing with my Sonos Playbar settings or connections.

I watched TV for a bit last night and had to "OK" out of the pop-up several times. Toward the end of my TV session, I no longer got the pop-up. Maybe it has a counter that cancels the pop-up after a certain number of pop-ups? I'll report back if the pop-up comes back.

I still find it odd that the OEM touch remote is not recognized by the Playbar, but the secondary remote sent to me by Samsung is.
post #2458 of 7651 Old 08-23-2013, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
So is the general consensus that 1110 made the picture worse (potentially to improve lag) or only a few folks seeing this?

I'll get to take a look at mine this weekend but I'm a bit bummed. I'd meant to turn off auto update and forgot so 1110 is here to stay.

post #2459 of 7651 Old 08-23-2013, 07:58 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCleaner33 View Post

You may be on to something the the softness. I calibrated my sharpness to 9 with my spears and munsell disc before the update, and afterwards my isf calibrator had me at 20.
post #2460 of 7651 Old 08-23-2013, 09:20 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaw View Post

I watched TV for a bit last night and had to "OK" out of the pop-up several times. Toward the end of my TV session, I no longer got the pop-up. Maybe it has a counter that cancels the pop-up after a certain number of pop-ups? I'll report back if the pop-up comes back.

I still find it odd that the OEM touch remote is not recognized by the Playbar, but the secondary remote sent to me by Samsung is.
I believe the oem remote is a bluetooth remote only? So if sonos playbar is controlled by IR...it wouldn't work. Anytime you try and change the volume with the original remote it sounds like its the TV remote is trying to change the tv volume..not sonos. I use a Harmony remote, so I do not have universal remote set up...anytime I use the OEM remote volume I see the same setting. Its odd though because when you set up universal remote on the TV...I am able to control my AV Receiver voume. So maybe OEM remote does have IR and your universal remote is set up incorrectly? Maybe it doesn't support Sonos Playbar? (Really curious to hear how you like the soundbar..my friend has his whole house setup as sonos..the only model he is missing is the playbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post

So is the general consensus that 1110 made the picture worse (potentially to improve lag) or only a few folks seeing this?
I certainly didn't notice this but I'm not overly picky...as long as its close smile.gif I did just try to turn my sharpness up a little bit though.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page