Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 88 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2611 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Want to pull the trigger but worried about the highe ms for gaming than the Sony w900. Not sure what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The new firmware update fixed the lag.. Should be fine for gaming now!!!
"Thanks Samsung"
post #2613 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
giantsx6, the input lag is VERY low now. I was playing Counter Strike Source and Global Offensive (EXTREMELY lag sensitive FPS games) on the F8000 in Game Mode and on my 22ms 23" TN monitor and with the latest firmware on the F8000, they both gave virtually the same experience. I couldn't tell any difference between the two. This TV, if you have the United States version, is the best gaming TV to date thanks to Samsung updating the firmware with gamers like us in mind!
post #2614 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 03:27 PM

Would like to see an official review on the lag fix, because I heard this tv had serious issues.
post #2615 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 PM

If you have all the motion enhancers and bells and whistles going then yeah input lag is the usual 100ms but Game Mode forces all of that off and optimizes the video processing to lower input lag. Originally the F8000 was 70ms in Game Mode, 40ms in PC Mode. Then an update got PC Mode down to sub 20ms and then another update, firmware 1110, has the GAME MODE input lag down to sub 25ms. I mean seriously, my 22ms monitor gives the EXACT same input lag experience as the F8000. Virtually negligible now playing between the two displays. Me and everyone else with the F8000 are not hallucinating, the input lag for GAME MODE is FIXED.

And I don't know what you mean by an "official" review, maybe you mean professional or from Samsung. Anyone could feasibly get the proper equipment and measure the input lag themselves but I really don't care because if it's literally as responsive as my main 22ms gaming monitor then I don't care what the actual number is. It's perfect for me as far as I'm concerned. Maybe 22ms is too high for you but I can play CS:GO with crazy precision and accuracy. If it's fast enough for Counter Strike, it's fast enough for any gamer.

And for anyone who is a skeptic and thinks "Only the best of best gaming TVs can get that low of an input lag", let's not forget the F8000 has the fastest processor of any TV before it, it's reasonable to expect that the faster processing and optimized firmware provide one of the lowest input lag experiences on a big screen TV.
post #2616 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 04:04 PM

Just keep hearing that the w900a is the best lcd for gaming, I mean I believe you that it's fixed but I just want to be 100% sure it's fixed for everyone.
post #2617 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm torn between two TV's for my new set. I can't decide between the F8000 or F8500 (plasma). Which would be the best option? I'm leaning towards the F8500. The one thing I don't like with the F8000, and what I've seen with demo material in the store, is when there is an all black screen with just a logo on it (say the Samsung logo on an all black screen), the screen gets very dim and the logo doesn't keep it's brightness. Is there a way to disable this from happening or is that something that has to be lived with with the local dimming technology?
post #2618 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 04:30 PM

I would just pay attention that you have the latest firmware version 1110 and its really easy to make sure of that.

@mark_b

It really depends on the environment you'll be watching. If you have lots of pane glass windows and watch during the day mostly, F8000 all the way. If you watch movies at night mainly in a dark or dim lit room, F8500 all the way. Also take the two stands into account and what would fit best in your entertainment stand set up. F8000 is much slimmer and both TVs have stands that encompass the entire width of the screen. Wall mounting shouldn't be a problem with either.

As far as the dimming, I don't mind the dimming of small graphics. The more text is on screen the brighter it'll get but if it's just a small title in the center or on the side, it dims substantially but not nearly as much as the F7500. You can disable the bulk of the dimming but most professional reviewers recommend Standard or Low on the Smart LED option. I have mine on high and don't have any complaints. I like my black level dark and inky but to still have the ability to compete with the ambient sunlight that comes through my windows during the day.

If I were living on my own (I'm 19) and wanted a cinema room with a 75" or bigger beast, I'd get a plasma personally. But for my current daytime and gaming needs, F8000 all the way for me.

Input lag is low on the F8000 in Game Mode, I can't say the same for the F8500 because I don't know much about the input lag situation but I do know gamers don't use plasma as a rule so Samsung wouldn't be concerned with reducing the input lag for it I don't think.
post #2619 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S AUB View Post

Hi,

I've recently decided to test the 3d capabilities of this set (65f8000) but have encountered some weird behavior in this mode

the file i'm watching is a 3d sbs mkv.
it plays through the internal player.
the same file tested on another tv of my cousin plays perfectly

on my set for some reason the image does not display properly, i see some parts in some scenes like its double at the edge. I do see that the 3d effect is there, but some parts just seem like the alignment is off and this causes eyestrain aside from just plain looking bad. it does not do this everywhere, so for example in one scene there might be an area where this occurs and another where it does not.

Another thing i've noticed is that when looking at 3d using the 3d glasses, if i close my left eye to look only through my right eye, i see this issue, but when i close my right eye to look only through my left, i do not see the issue (to my knowledge each eye should have a single image so no alignment issues, but in the rght eye i deffinately see this). also the right eye image seems brighter than the left eye.

as an example in the film "history of the world in 2 hours" at around 58 minutes there's a cow in the scene, when looking at this i see the whole cow, but also see the back part of it seperated about half an inch to the left side of the cow. when looking through only the left eye i do not see this effect, but when looking through only the right eye, i do see the effect.

The "double at the edge" effect you are describing sounds like the problem commonly known as "ghosting". It is more noticeable in some movies than other. And when it happens, it is often more noticeable in one eye over the other. Avatar is an example of BD that ghosting is nearly (if not completely) invisible on this set. I have never experienced 3D on any TV (or at the movies for that matter) that didn't display some amount of ghosting. Google "3D Ghosting" and youll get lots of info about what causes this.

Regarding the different portions of the picture visible in each eye through the glasses, it sounds like you are describing normal parallax perspective. That would not be a malfunction. in your example about the cow, is the cow being cut off by the edge of the screen when viewing in one eye, but not in the other?

Your "depth" vs. pop" question was previously discussed in my post #2127. It is almost completely movie-dependent, not TV-dependent.

The issue of the left image being slightly darker than the right image [when viewing 3D through the glasses] does, however, appear to be a common problem with this particular set. I first pointed it out in my post #2117. It was later confirmed by other F8000 owners. My dealer actually agreed to exchange my first F8000 because this particular problem was VERY noticeable and distracting; the replacement they delivered was much better, but the left/right brightness imbalance is still quite noticeable. Since my older D-series Samsung TV (which works with the same 3D glasses) does not exhibit this problem, I can only assume it is either a design problem or a firmware problem with the F series.
post #2620 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 PM

Just got this tv and it looks beautiful, particularly coming from a 7 year old dlp. I'm struggling with motion though. Currently have AMp on custom, 10, 0, on and constantly notice what I think is judder - choppiness in motion.

Is this just common in led TVA today? I never noticed on my old tv. Is there anything else I can do to reduce it? Could my tv have a problem with it?
post #2621 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbury021 View Post

Just got this tv and it looks beautiful, particularly coming from a 7 year old dlp. I'm struggling with motion though. Currently have AMp on custom, 10, 0, on and constantly notice what I think is judder - choppiness in motion.

Is this just common in led TVA today? I never noticed on my old tv. Is there anything else I can do to reduce it? Could my tv have a problem with it?

Turn AMP off, put film Mode in Auto2 for interlaced sources.
post #2622 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

For some reason, I was totally oblivious to the 10pt grayscale adjustments when I first got the TV. I re-ran my calibration with the S&M#2 Blu-ray, CalMAN and my Chroma5. The major settings are the same as I posted back in post 2492, but with tweaked 10 pt grayscale providing and even better readings.

Check out my gamut now too.

SamS UN46F8000.pdf 98k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SamS UN46F8000.pdf (98.2 KB, 55 views)
post #2623 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 07:54 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaleita View Post

The "double at the edge" effect you are describing sounds like the problem commonly known as "ghosting". It is more noticeable in some movies than other. And when it happens, it is often more noticeable in one eye over the other. Avatar is an example of BD that ghosting is nearly (if not completely) invisible on this set. I have never experienced 3D on any TV (or at the movies for that matter) that didn't display some amount of ghosting. Google "3D Ghosting" and youll get lots of info about what causes this.

Regarding the different portions of the picture visible in each eye through the glasses, it sounds like you are describing normal parallax perspective. That would not be a malfunction. in your example about the cow, is the cow being cut off by the edge of the screen when viewing in one eye, but not in the other?

Your "depth" vs. pop" question was previously discussed in my post #2127. It is almost completely movie-dependent, not TV-dependent.

The issue of the left image being slightly darker than the right image [when viewing 3D through the glasses] does, however, appear to be a common problem with this particular set. I first pointed it out in my post #2117. It was later confirmed by other F8000 owners. My dealer actually agreed to exchange my first F8000 because this particular problem was VERY noticeable and distracting; the replacement they delivered was much better, but the left/right brightness imbalance is still quite noticeable. Since my older D-series Samsung TV (which works with the same 3D glasses) does not exhibit this problem, I can only assume it is either a design problem or a firmware problem with the F series.

actually the "cow" part the cow is in the middle of the screen, in the left eye i see the entire cow, in the right eye i see the entire cow, plus its hind leg and hip detached half an inch to the left of the cow.
this effect happens throughout the lenght of the film. for example a gentleman walks with a cane, i'd see the cane with a gost detached about half an inch to the left... its not specific portions of the screen rather its entire scenes, some other scenes the effect is less noticeable.

the weird thing is that on other tv's this is absolutely not the case, the entire film looks sharp as can be, beautiful; while on my tv, its unpleasant, bordering on painful to have to go through a 3d film.

finally just to note, i can live with the brightness discrepancies, in normal conditions it's not distracting, but the other issue is extremely distracting and like i said, literally painful to the eyes.

I've sent the tv back, where i'm from our retailers aren't as friendly as in the US, they told me they'd contact samsung and let me know what they reply... mad.gif disliking this experience is an understatement!
post #2624 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidz View Post

Menu->systems>device manager-> universal remote setup there delete any paired devices.

OMG! this is still the only solution to stop the message "STB not connected"? (I tried to read the entire thread but I might have missed something)

Deleting STB means the Smart Hub's TV guide will not work anymore, correct? frown.gif
post #2625 of 7694 Old 08-31-2013, 11:52 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post

Streaming movies from my NAS not so good ?

Guys - I am loving my F8000 but i am having some trouble which i am not experiencing with my Sony W900.

On the W900 if i open the UPNP device of my NAS which is a Synology Diskstation. The directly opens perfectly and i can see all my videos. I can play every single movie i have in the directory with no problem at all from AVI's to MKV etc.. The Play control is excellent as well and allows great fast forward and rewind etc.

On my F8000 i see the Diskstation and i can open it and when i drill down into the directory of the movies. It sits there and wont display them. It just sits and sits and eventually times out..

Any ideas ? I never expected my Sony W900 to have even a single feature that my Samsung cant do as well ?

Thanks
Craig

Craig this is very interesting as I have a synology nas(ds213+ with WD Red drives) and I have 0 issues with playing or accessing movies. My only complaint is having to manually turn off subtitles every single time(if they are available they play). I installed synology's app "media server". I wonder if you should try to uninstall the app and reinstall maybe? Possibly try asking a network dedicated forum site like smallnetbuilder if your problem can't be solved here. The weirdest part is the Sony tv access the directories just find(maybe they are protected and its not letting you sign in?).
post #2626 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 AM

Are any of you experiencing major screen tearing while playing games in game mode? I just purchased a F8000 65, and during gameplay, the top 25% of the screen separates from the 75% bottom. This happens with the Wii U and PS3 about every 5-10 mins.

I am currently using my Samsung AVR as a switch box, and will be trying to hook everything into TV instead with all new High Speed HDMI cables next week to see if that solves the problem.

Is screen tearing normal, or could I have a bad tv? The tearing only happens on game mode. If I play the game with game mode off, I get no tearing at all.
post #2627 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Liked: 21
There was another member having the same issue with the same size tv. Perhaps it is a problem with the panel. I believe the 65" use the sharp panels but I could be wrong. I would suggest you do as you have said and try directly line to the tv.

Good luck!
post #2628 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 AM

I have come into a little issue last night and this morning with my TV. When I turn it on it shows a pinkish snow picture. Like the white snow of a tv not getting cable. The tv still shows all the apps but in the start up box in the top left of the screen the picture is completely snowed out. Sound comes through but no pic. I can pick the image to make it full screen but that does not change it. I have to turn the tv off several times before it will go back to a normal picture.

Has anyone ever heard of this or experiencing the same issue?
post #2629 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

For some reason, I was totally oblivious to the 10pt grayscale adjustments when I first got the TV. I re-ran my calibration with the S&M#2 Blu-ray, CalMAN and my Chroma5. The major settings are the same as I posted back in post 2492, but with tweaked 10 pt grayscale providing and even better readings.

Check out my gamut now too.

SamS UN46F8000.pdf 98k .pdf file

Can you post those 10pt grayscale settings? I think the original settings you posted look great on my set.
post #2630 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

When I turn it on it shows a pinkish snow picture. Like the white snow of a tv not getting cable. The tv still shows all the apps but in the start up box in the top left of the screen the picture is completely snowed out.

My TV does that if I set it to input "TV" I'm sure that's not your problem and you're aware of this if there is no source connected tongue.gif But I'm wondering if you mean picture in picture so the little screen in the apps screen that shows what you're watching because I had an issue with the top left corner after the most recent update. When I turned to apps and then went to NetFlix the whole NetFlix screen would be a small 10x20 portion of the left top part of the screen and the rest of the screen was black. When I chose a movie and played it everything was fine and then after it would go back to the little screen. I turned the TV off and on and hadn't happened since. The newest update sure fixed input lag but at least with my TV I've noticed so many weird issues, the biggest one being NetFlix audio dropping.
post #2631 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcelon7574 View Post

Can you post those 10pt grayscale settings? I think the original settings you posted look great on my set.

I will post, but honestly the 10-pt grayscale settings are ultra-fine adjustments. Without a meter, you really have no idea if any of my grayscale settings below are actually making things better. In fact, there is a greater chance they are making things worse, on any particular set but my own. smile.gif
Quote:
Picture Mode: CAL-DAY
Backlight: 7
Contrast: 94
Brightness 44
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: 50
Advanced:
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Fleshtone 0
Color Space Custom
Red

Green

Blue

Yellow

Cyan

Magenta

White Balance
RO 29
GO 27
BO 25
RG 20
GG 19
BG 27

Level 1
R+1
G0
B-1

R-1
G0
B+3

R-1
G0
B0

R-1
G0
B0

R-1
G0
B0

R0
G-1
B+1

Levels 7-9 all 0

Level 10
R+6
G0
G-1
post #2632 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 AM

+1

Without the right tools the difference will be hard to notice. Of course when we change something I think most of use get the placebo affect and think we actually can see a difference. biggrin.gif
post #2633 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 01:18 PM

Is that Update on the Samsung TVs true ? ...

Is it also comming to the F7000 ? Cause i guess thats the same Tv more or less

I would like to know cause the Samsung TV is the best TV out there currently in everything else especially the Sound is much better than Sony ...

So if the Input Lag has been increased that much ... i would definetely go for a F7000
post #2634 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 02:43 PM

Firmware 1110 for the F8000 has the Game Mode input lag fix. I don't know about the input lag situation for any other Samsung TV.
post #2635 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 02:54 PM

I remember from many of unboxing videos that there were 2 remotes included with this TV, the touch remote and the regular one. I don't have the regular remote, how come?
post #2636 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I only received the touch remote. You can get the regular one for free from Samsung: https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/notice/remote/index.jsp
post #2637 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

Firmware 1110 for the F8000 has the Game Mode input lag fix. I don't know about the input lag situation for any other Samsung TV.
Isn't the F7500 getting the same FW updates as the F8000? And considering that the differences between both Samsung TV's aren't that big, I'd guess that if that input lag fix does exist (no official confirmation so far), then the F7500 should also have gotten it.
Same goes for the EU models F8000 and F7000 which are still on FW version 1107.
post #2638 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM

Jea that would be amazing ... if the update is true ... i want it on my 7090 in Germany
post #2639 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post

I only received the touch remote. You can get the regular one for free from Samsung: https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/notice/remote/index.jsp

Thank you!
post #2640 of 7694 Old 09-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggle69 View Post

Are any of you experiencing major screen tearing while playing games in game mode? I just purchased a F8000 65, and during gameplay, the top 25% of the screen separates from the 75% bottom. This happens with the Wii U and PS3 about every 5-10 mins.

I am currently using my Samsung AVR as a switch box, and will be trying to hook everything into TV instead with all new High Speed HDMI cables next week to see if that solves the problem.

Is screen tearing normal, or could I have a bad tv? The tearing only happens on game mode. If I play the game with game mode off, I get no tearing at all.

I traded in my 65 inch for a different 65 inch and had the same issue on both sets. I was really confident it was my set up since the odds are rare. I tried changing all the cable and no problems. I know have a 60 inch and have not had the issue once.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page