Cleaning my LCD cleaning cloth? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have this bottle of Rocketfish LCD cleaning spray which came with a thick, blue cleaning cloth to use with it. The cloth looks very similar to a standard wash cloth.

I'd like to clean the cloth but I'm not sure of the best way to do it. Can I just throw it in my washing machine? I don't want it to be filled with static afterwards, although I'm not sure using a dryer sheet with it would be a good idea either.

Any suggestions on how to clean it?

(sorry if this is the wrong board for a topic like this, but it seemed to fit most here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMESHARQ View Post

I have this bottle of Rocketfish LCD cleaning spray which came with a thick, blue cleaning cloth to use with it. The cloth looks very similar to a standard wash cloth.

I'd like to clean the cloth but I'm not sure of the best way to do it. Can I just throw it in my washing machine? I don't want it to be filled with static afterwards, although I'm not sure using a dryer sheet with it would be a good idea either.

Any suggestions on how to clean it?

(sorry if this is the wrong board for a topic like this, but it seemed to fit most here)

Just clean your screen with distilled water (warm if needed) and a clean, microfiber cloth. You don't know what's in the commercial sprays and some can leave a residue (streaks) over time on your panel or react with the reflective coating if it has one. A washing machine will breakdown the microfiber cloth (it that's what it is) because of the mechanical cleaning action. I just clean mine with a little bit (operative word is "little") of mild dish soap and rinse it multiple times in warm water and then let it air dry. However, if you only use distilled water to clean your panel, nothing will build up on the cloth (like it will with a commercial spray) and all you'll be doing is rinsing out dust when you clean the cloth. For weekly dusting of your panel, I would suggest using an unscented Swifter Sweeper refill. They are basically a cheapy microfiber cloth but work great at picking up dust and they don't leave any residue at all on the panel.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page