TC-L55ET5 or UN55EH6000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My primary media source is my HTPC, and I intend to watch movies I've ripped from DVD's, BRD's and HD-DVD's on a new 55' display. As I have an HTPC, I have no need for smart features and I also have no desire for 3D. Secondary usage is Xbox 360. Mostly sports games...

Sound quality will not be important, since I will have the TV hooked up to an AVR (Marantz SR5007).

Which of these two options is better?

I am really leaning for the UN55EH6000. Samsung's QC seems very good (presently have a 32' LCD from 5-6 years ago still running strong), have heard and read good things about PQ, and I really don't need the smart features.

But at the same time, I can get the TC-L55ET5 for the same price, which includes Smart features, 3D and glasses. Concern is with black levels on the TC-L55ET5 and overall quality control of Panasonic LED's. I've also heard their customer service is pretty bad. I know Panasonic is quite established with plasma's, but not sure about their LED/LCD's/

Anyone have advice between these two sets, or perhaps any other set? Looking at $900 max, pre-tax. Plasma is completely out of the question (very bright room)...

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I would disagree with the notion that Panasonic has terrible customer service, then again, I've never run into a vendor/mfct. that has good customer service.

As far as the two FP's go, I'd lean heavily toward the EH6000. I've not impressed with any of Panasonic's 2012 LCD's. Here's to hoping their 2013's fair better!

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Panasonic Viera Tc L55et5 55 Inch 1080p 3d Full Hd Ips Led Lcd Tv With 4 Pairs Of Polarized 3d Glass
Gear in this thread - L55et5 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page