Samsung E versus F series - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 73 Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please elaborate on the following. I am really looking at this tv for myself and need the 3d options for the kids. I am most interested in horizontal motion blur performance. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

However, it's 3D is pretty much unusable and it lacks Auto Motion Plus (motion interpolation).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 Old 08-03-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 198
keep in mind the following applies to the EH6030 (2012 model) and not necessarily the FH6030 (current 2013 model):

my EH6030 shows good depth in 3D mode but TONS of crosstalk/ghosting/double images which makes it unusable

here's a pic of what that might look like:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 73 Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

also, my EH6030 doesn't have the Auto Motion Plus feature which uses interpolated frames to reduce motion blur... the FH6030 does have this feature but it might be broken and therefore be useless (many Samsung LED/LCD TVs from the last several years have had issues with the Auto Motion Plus feature like frame skipping, excessive judder, and so on)

post #64 of 73 Old 10-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Thanks very much for your help. As you can tell still in the market for a new tv. My final picks are Vizio M series or samsung FH6030. Picked Vizio M because of the panel 120hz true refresh rate in game mode but worried about the typical edge lit issues.
post #65 of 73 Old 10-06-2013, 12:04 AM

FH6003 model just released with no 3d and no smart features and very good price $999

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60FH6003FXZA
post #66 of 73 Old 10-06-2013, 07:35 PM

yeah,this year the F6300 does not have the forced microdimming like the upper models.

15.gif

post #67 of 73 Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl1zz4rd View Post

PlasmaPZ80U - Which of those two backlight methods is better?

generally limited full-array is better since the light is more evenly distributed across the back of the LCD panel whereas the edgeilt design has the light shining from either the left/right edges or top/bottom edges... edgelit often has issues like flashlighting and more clouding than limited full-array (the latter has little to no clouding in my experience)

limited full-array is not perfect since it uses a limited number of LEDs spread further apart (and further back from the LCD panel) than a true full-array design (which is pretty rare and top-end for that matter) so it's dimmer and possibly less uniform than a true full-array backlight configuration

here some pics of what flashlighting looks like:

clouding:

Does the clouding appear in back lit or edge lit LED's?

I am on the cusp of updating my LN-A40-650 from about 2008 to a newfangled LED and am looking strongly at the F6300 series at about 60". I don't need all the bells and whistles because my HTPC does more than a smart TV can ever hope to do but this model looks to have the level of picture adjustment for calibration that I want. All I really need is a big monitor with one HDMI input, a power input and fully calibrated screen but that does not seem possible without getting a bunch of other stuff too. I am just starting my quest now.

post #68 of 73 Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Does the clouding appear in back lit or edge lit LED's?

I am on the cusp of updating my LN-A40-650 from about 2008 to a newfangled LED and am looking strongly at the F6300 series at about 60". I don't need all the bells and whistles because my HTPC does more than a smart TV can ever hope to do but this model looks to have the level of picture adjustment for calibration that I want. All I really need is a big monitor with one HDMI input, a power input and fully calibrated screen but that does not seem possible without getting a bunch of other stuff too. I am just starting my quest now.

edge-lit has more uniformity issues

post #69 of 73 Old 10-12-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

So the clouding is an edge lit problem too then?

Is the 6300 series edge lit?

BTW, the TV I am replacing is a LNA650-40. I had the model number transposed. It is a fantastic set still but I am wanting to go a bit bigger and a 60" gives me a 225% larger screen for the same price that a paid in 2008 for my existing set.

post #70 of 73 Old 10-12-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

So the clouding is an edge lit problem too then?

Is the 6300 series edge lit?

BTW, the TV I am replacing is a LNA650-40. I had the model number transposed. It is a fantastic set still but I am wanting to go a bit bigger and a 60" gives me a 225% larger screen for the same price that a paid in 2008 for my existing set.

yes and yes

but the F series is better than the E series in terms of uniformity, even though both are edge-lit (they moved all the electronics behind the panel to one corner of the TV in a 'box' so that the back of the panel wouldn't get too hot, which can worsen clouding)

post #71 of 73 Old 10-12-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Overall, is the F6300 a good choice? Should I look for something else in that size and price range? What about Plasma? I have always been partial to Samsung Displays but now I am wondering about the lottery too. I thought that Samsung made a lot of displays for other companies such as Sony or is this old information? I have not been researching TV's for 5 years now because I wasn't looking to buy so why bother?

post #72 of 73 Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

the biggest difference is that the EH is limited full array and the F is edgelit

the next biggest difference is the F is a smart TV and the EH is not

F doesn't mean it is a Smart TV. The FH6030 and F5000 are examples. What makes you say EH is limited fully array rather than regular?
post #73 of 73 Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 AM

Just thought I'd chip in with this I've found (just been reading this thread also after trying (and failing) to compare the ES and F Series on the Samsung web site.)

http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integrated/popup/FaqDetailPopup3.jsp?cdsite=in&seq=879509

Thanks!

Wayne.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn64e8000 64 Inch Ultra Slim Plasma 3d Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000 , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page