Samsung UN50EH5300 vs Sony KDL50EX645 vs LG 47LM7600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need help deciding on a TV. I have been doing a lot of research lately on a lot of models. I am looking to buy a TV 46 or 50 Inch models at a budget of about $800. Have ruled out Plasma due to glare as my living room has lot of windows.

Not a great fan of 3D although don't mind having it on tv. Use Netflix, youtube a lot but a Smart TV is not that important as i can always hook up my Ps3 but don't mind having them on my TV as well. Picture quality and reliability are very important. I have been looking at a lot of LEDs lately and I hate the artificial/too realistic image you see on some high end models. I don't like my tv to be too bright and don't' want it to be too dark either. I like the images to look more natural. I watch a lot of movies and would like my movies to look like movies and not a reality show or not as if i am on the set watching it live. I will be watching a lot of channels on cable in HD. And I hate the Soap opera effect.

Samsung UN50EH5300 - I have looked at Samsung UN50EH5300 and love the picture quality. TV has great reviews. They have the natural and movie mode which I feel is good and not making the images look artificial. I like the picture quality although some part in me still doesn't like tthe ultra smooth image it produces while watching movies. I went and did some playing around at Best buy on this model with the settings.
I see that this TV is available for $899 now.

Sony KDL50EX645- I like this tv too. Picture quality seems good. TV has very good reviews. I saw this TV at best buy and kinda feel the images look more natural than the Samsung UN50EH5300. Some part in me tells movies will look more natural adn will feel like movies here. At least the model I saw in best buy adn with the settings they had, the images didn't look too artificial but more natural. I have found a deal through my employer and this TV is available for $799. Sony is generally reliable. Some of my friends have this TV and they love it.

LG 47LM7600- Didn't do too much research on this TV but see good reviews online. Has 3D although I may not use it often as I hate wearing those glasses while watching. There is a deal on tigerdirect and this TV is available at $799.

LG LG 47LM4700 -Didn't do too much research on this TV but see good reviews online. Has 3D although I may not use it often as I hate wearing those glasses while watching. There is a deal on tigerdirect and this TV is available at $699.

I guess overall, all the tv's are good and comparable. But I have a hard time deciding on one. Would appreciate if you can share some thoughts and any experience you may have had with the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2013, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have the EN5300. The pic quality is excellent and everything is easy to use. The big drawback is that in order to stream some videos (espn 3 is one) you need to upgrade Adobe Flash Player. The set will not allow you to do so. I contacted Samsung and they refuse to issue an upgrade in their firmware to either include a new Flash player of to allow you to download one. So, if you watch sports on ESPN 3, you can forget it. I tried to watch UNLV football and basketball as well, to no avail as the site used Adobe Flash as well. Good luck. 

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony 50 Inch Kdl50ex645 , Samsung 50 Inch Class Smart Tv Led Hdtv Un50eh5300
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page