Samsung LN46A550 Picture Issue help and advice please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, Ive had this Samsung 46" LCD since late 2008 or early 2009 i believe. I had the tv calibrated last year, ever since the picture has been really dark. So I scheduled for the guy to come back out, thinking he was off on his setting. When he got here he agreed that the screen was too dark, put up the image that starts from white at top to black at the bottom. The tv was crushing half the screen in black. After cranking up the brightness and the backlight all the way, the screen ended up darker, and to the point now where it is not viewable. There is still video, but so dark you can hardly make it out.

All that being said, I have purchased a new LED TV. But, my question is, do you know what the problem could be? Has anyone experienced this issue? And do you think that this is a problem that could be fixed...... and at what price do you think.

I would love to fix it and sell it. But its not worth it if the fix is going to cost more then the tv is worth. Last question, does anyone know of anywhere that would offer money for a tv that needs to be repaired.

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Thread moved

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437752/note-questions-about-specific-television-sets-belong-in-the-proper-display-areas-not-here#post_22561613

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ln46a550 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page