OFFICIAL Insignia NS-65D260A13 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, I pulled the trigger! Got it as an open box. 10% off and they have the 5X points going right now. After factoring in the points, coupon and tax, just a few cents under $750. Pretty pleased! Now time to set it up...

The other thing I was debating, and didn't buy (yet) was the Geek Squad extended warranty. They told me it would be $179 for 5 years. Just hard to justify over 20% of the price for the warranty. Or do you guys think I should?
I did buy it with my Discover Card so I know that automatically doubles the 1-year manufacturer warranty. I was also looking into SquareTrade which (with a coupon) is $110 for 4 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

The Insignia NS-65D260A13 is all about getting the most picture for your money. Want to check out some 3D? You'll have to go to a friend's house. Some people might even call it a "dumb" TV... But getting a solid performing, large screen display for less sounds a lot smarter to me than any of the latest apps.

For owners who do not wish to get a professional service menu calibration, a good picture can be obtained by starting in Standard mode, changing color temperature to warm, and carefully adjusting the remaining controls with a test disc.

Conclusion:

The Insignia needs careful adjustment to look its best, but the results can be amazing. Colors were both accurate and pleasant, contrast was superb for the technology used, and images were smooth and lifelike.

After calibrating more expensive models from Sharp, LG, Samsung, Vizio, and Sony, I am shocked at how the Insignia's performance can often better the competition, or, at the very least, never embarrass itself. I believe this TV can be the foundation of an outstanding home theater.

Do you have recommended settings that you settled on? I just got my TV and am constantly playing around with them. The 2 toggles that I keep going back and forth on are the color temp (normal or warm) and Adaptive Contrast. Here's where I am currently:

Picture Mode: Custom
Brightness: 54
Contrast: 50
Color: 60
Dynamic Backlight (DCR): Off
Backlight: 15
Insignia Motion 120Hz: Off
Aspect Ratio: Wide
Color Temperature: Normal
Overscan: On
Noise Reduction: Off
Tint: G5
Sharpness: 40
Adaptive Contrast: On
post #33 of 39 Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM

Liked: 11
Regarding the video noise, I have found that using HDMI 1 input has a severe amount of noise but HDMI 2 is clean. Also, everyone should be aware this model has been discontinued so if you find one there won't be anymore.
post #34 of 39 Old 01-12-2014, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had noticed noise before on Blurays, but never thought anything of it. I just checked and my Denon receiver was on HDMI 1. (I have a Bluray player, Wii, 360 and PS3 connected to the Denon.) My cable box was on HDMI 2.

I just moved my Denon to HDMI 2 and the cable box to HDMI 3.

A few questions:

1. Anyone besides avdoc seen this issue and noticed HDMI 2 was cleaner?

2. Is HDMI 3 clean like HDMI 2?

Looking at the manual I noticed HDMI 1 is also a DVI port. I wonder if there is a setting in the TV related to DVI causing the noise?

Thanks

Teddy
post #35 of 39 Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyc23 View Post

I had noticed noise before on Blurays, but never thought anything of it. I just checked and my Denon receiver was on HDMI 1. (I have a Bluray player, Wii, 360 and PS3 connected to the Denon.) My cable box was on HDMI 2.

I just moved my Denon to HDMI 2 and the cable box to HDMI 3.

A few questions:

1. Anyone besides avdoc seen this issue and noticed HDMI 2 was cleaner?

2. Is HDMI 3 clean like HDMI 2?

Looking at the manual I noticed HDMI 1 is also a DVI port. I wonder if there is a setting in the TV related to DVI causing the noise?

Thanks

Teddy

Wow, that is good to know. I will move to HDMI2 and see what happens. Thanks for posting the info on DVI- that could (maybe) have something to do with it- not sure. I will report back.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #36 of 39 Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did some comparisons and I am not sure if I am seeing a difference between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. I wish I had payed more attention before. The picture does look good though.

Can anyone describe in detail what the noise looks like? Is it static if you pause a Bluray or like an analogue noise? In dark scenes only?

Thanks

Teddy
post #37 of 39 Old 01-15-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyc23 View Post

I did some comparisons and I am not sure if I am seeing a difference between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. I wish I had payed more attention before. The picture does look good though.

Can anyone describe in detail what the noise looks like? Is it static if you pause a Bluray or like an analogue noise? In dark scenes only?

Thanks

Teddy

I will take a good look tonight and let you know.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #38 of 39 Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 AM

It looks very grainy. Not static, but just a lot of grain in the picture. Also, the background electronic "buzz" from the TV is much louder like it's picking up electronic noise. It could just be my TV, but since I am using my receiver as my switcher I'll just use HDMI2 for now. However, if I change my set-up I'll have to take in to have it looked at.
post #39 of 39 Old 02-02-2014, 04:17 PM

Liked: 10
I just switched to hdmi 2 and it looks better to me. The watery type edge effect has virtually disappeared. I have my bluray and cable box hooked to my Sony receiver with hdmi pass through so only using the hdmi 2 port. Good idea avdoc. I also find that having the overscan off looks better. I'm still able to use wide modes with cable if needed.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc L65e60 65 Inch 1080p 120hz Smart Led Hdtv , Xbox 360 Console , Insignia 19 Inch Class Led Hdtv Ns 19e320a13 , Toshiba 65ht2u 65 Inches Lcd Tv 16 9 1080p 120 Hz , Samsung Series 65 Inch Class Led Hdtv Un65eh6000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page