Just got 47LM7600 but damaged - however, seemed jittery and grainy during sports - Is this how it is or from the damage? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I spent the last few weeks researching new TVs. We need an LCD/LED since its in a room with a lot of natural light. I'm looking in the 46-55" range. 3D and Smart isn't that important to me. I'm mostly concerned with pure picture quality, especially with sports and movies.

I narrowed it down to the LG 47(55) LM7600 and the Samsung UN50(55)ES6100. Most reviews point towards the LG due to the darker blacks. In the stores, I was a bit torn as the sometimes the LG would look better while others the Samsung would appear stronger. The Samsung was generally bolder and brighter, but sometimes looked too saturated and artificial. While the LG was more realistic, it sometimes came across as faded. Before I get into my current issue, would be great if anyone had thoughts on this.

My TV arrived today while I was at work. My wife noted there was a puncture in the box and the UPS driver noted it as well. I opened it up tonight and it looked fine. Set it up and turned it on to find a large dead spot where the box was damaged taking up about 15-20% of the picture. However, I played around with the TV a bit since I had it. I didn't adjust any settings, but I had it on some of the basketball games for march madness. I noticed that when the action was stopped, the picture was quite good. However, as soon as the action started and the players moved a lot, the picture got somewhat grainy? Is this normal? The picture on my 6 year old Samsung LCD looked better during action scenes than the LG.

Would be great to get input on this as I am returning it and now have the option to change my mind if I want to go with the Samsung.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-21-2013, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Here's a picture of the damage

post #3 of 3 Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 AM

Liked: 13
You need to adjust the trumotion settings. My guess is that it is set to smooth which can give images an artificial look. Try playing with the tru motion settings. Also the damage on the TV could be affecting the rest of the picture.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page