60" LED choices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi all. I am shopping for a 60" LED and need recommendations. This will go in a large, bright room. I initially had planned to get a Panasonic plasma, as I love my Panny, but realized I need LED for this room. My budget is between $1000 and $1500. I'd prefer to stay close to the middle of that range. I've done some research, but am not a TV connoisseur at all. I want Smart TV, WiFi built in for web browsing, and 3D. Basically, the latest features, as I won't buy another TV for several years. But a 2012 model would be fine for my use. I also would prefer a model that has built-in slide shows with easy to activate controls (one button press), in order to use the TV as a picture frame. Not a deal killer, but a preference. I also want something with a good upscaler, as my receiver does not have one at all. But i have to buy a Blu-Ray as well. So either the TV or the Blu-Ray need a good upscaler. Preferably the TV.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the ES6100 or ES6500 Saumsungs. Or one of the Sharps. I prefer the brightest picture I can get. Just my preference. And I think in the bright room it will go in, that will be a plus. I also need to consider the screen finish, as glare could be a big issue in that room. Large windows, French doors, and skylights above. Pulling all the curtains/blinds helps, but my wife will be watching this one more than I, and she'll never bother to try to darken the room.

Could I get some recc. on specific models. Doesn't have to be Samsung or Sharp. That's just the way I'm leaning right now, after spending a good bit of time looking at picture quality at various BB's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 22
Did I post in the wrong forum?? This site used to be a great place to get helpful info.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 AM

Liked: 10
This is my first post. I am also in the market for a 60” LED and was looking for advice/suggestions. I have been looking through the threads and have not really found the information I was looking for. I have probably just not found it yet. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
post #4 of 7 Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Check out the Samsung and Sharps if that is your want.
Read customer reviews.
Go to the stores and see them in Peron and get the remote and play through all of the set ups: color, contrast, brightness, etc and adjust the picture to your likes and desires.
If the store folks don't allow you to use the remote and play through the picture adjustments, then go elsewhere....
post #5 of 7 Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 AM

..."in person"

Sorry, bad typo
post #6 of 7 Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 AM

Check out the Samsung and Sharps if that is your want.
Read customer reviews.
Go to the stores and see them in Peron and get the remote and play through all of the set ups: color, contrast, brightness, etc and adjust the picture to your likes and desires.
If the store folks don't allow you to use the remote and play through the picture adjustments, then go elsewhere....
post #7 of 7 Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 377
If you have not seen these cnet reviews it might be worth a look
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs-56-inches-and-above/

Here is a Sony Page The EX645 might be worth a look also
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&N=4294947630+8229&categoryId=16189&viewTaskName=CategoryDisplayView&facetlist=true

I've had good luck with Panasonic,Sony,Toshiba and Sharp although the new Sammys and LG's seem to selling well I'm personally still
more comfortable with the former.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page