Desperately trying to solve this problem using my HDTV with my gaming pc. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would greatly appreciate any input, as Ive tried changing/disabling just about every conceivable option on the tv, driver, and game graphics menus.

My TV: ln46b630n1fxza via HDMI to a GTX 680 in sli (which I love 9.5 times out of 10)

The problem seems only to happen on games with dense foliage, like Skyrim and Farcry 3. The picture quality is beatuiful, and everything is rendered smoothly, until I move the mouse, at which time the shadows in the trees seem to get temporarily lighter, then go back to dark the instant I stop moving the mouse.

Doesnt sound like a big deal, but when you start and stop move a lot all the trees and bushes seem to have this strobe light effect that is incredibly annoying.

I used to think this was a driver setting, be it AA, or SSAO, but the problem doesnt occur at all on my smaller samsung cpu monitor, which is hooked up via DVI, and all of the shadows in the trees stay the same constant shade.

Anyone ever encounter this?

Ive tried changing the 120hz auto motion, the edge enhancement, dynamic contrast, and others, but the issue persists.

Thanks in advance for any help sirs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Is it just that particular screen? Can you try a different PC (laptop?) or video card? Model of the LCD? I have a locally dimming LED backlit and I notice the cursor change brightness when the scene goes to black.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yessir, on my pc monitor the problem doesnt exist, but on my tv, connected to the same computer playing the same game does have the issue.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page