Panasonic TC-L42E60 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 49 Old 05-27-2013, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm also looking at the TC-L42E60, but more for its wi-fi capability. I have a Dish Hopper with a sling adapter and I want to put a TV in another house and watch using the Dish Anywhere website. Does anyone know if this TV's wi-fi capability will allow me to do this? Another much cheaper option would be a Netgear NeoTV Max, with the Sling app, connected to my current TV, but I'm trying to consider all options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 PM

Liked: 11
I might just try the E60 again whenever my best buy return ban expires.

Hopefully next time the screen and pixels are perfect.

post #33 of 49 Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 AM

I tried the Netgear NeoTV Max and it's a no go. Since the Dish Sling adapter isn't technically a Slinbox, the Sling App on the NeoTV Max can't interface with the Dish Sling adapter. So, I'm still wondering if the Wi-Fi capability of the TC-L42E60 will allow it to act like a laptop and access Dish Anywhere from a remote location.
post #34 of 49 Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anybody seen or owns the 65" version of the E60?
How about comparing it to the current Samsung F series lineup?

One thing the Panasonic E60 is supposed to do better than the Samsung is viewing angle, which is really poor on the SS.

Just wondering how the rest of the TV compares (picture quality, color accuracy, motion for sports.).
post #35 of 49 Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I just bought a floor simple 55 inch TC-L55ET for a very decent price from BB. Does anyone have the work sheet on setting up this TV like the color , contrast and so on or like a custom setting suggestions?.
Thanks for the help.
post #36 of 49 Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_K View Post

Has anybody seen or owns the 65" version of the E60?
How about comparing it to the current Samsung F series lineup?

One thing the Panasonic E60 is supposed to do better than the Samsung is viewing angle, which is really poor on the SS.

Just wondering how the rest of the TV compares (picture quality, color accuracy, motion for sports.).

I have come from years of Panasonic plasmas, PW5, PW6, PHD6, PHD8, PF11, PWD8 (took as a trade in for the PF11 for sun room/gaming) PX80, VT50 and Pioneer 428, 508, 500M.
I bought a Sony HX-923 2 years back and liked it but couldn't get on with the shallow viewing angle and the dirty screen effect, poor uniformity,. I like sport and when the camera panned the blotches annoyed me.
So the Pioneer 9G went back in the front room.

The Panasonic 42E6B (UK version) I bought for our conservatory/sun room. I tried an ST60 first, but decided I wanted it brighter so got the the 42E60.

Couple of points.

Not much brighter than the 5 year old PWD8 and hardly that much brighter than the ST60, surprising.
When things start moving the plasma has more detail, and even when they are not there is more detail on peoples faces, which considering the plasma is a 480p display is quite surprising.
Black levels? Just about acceptable, slightly worse than the 5 year old Panny plasma, and more noticeable when there is a mix of info on screen, some bright screen with a dark jacket the jacket looks washed out, the plasma can do both, giving a much more 3D pop to the image. I have had to turn the auto dimming on, otherwise the blacks look too washed out in dark scenes.

Viewing angle is terrible imho, now uses a VA panel instead of IPS, so blacks are better, but viewing angle like every other LCD now, crap.

I dragged my PWD8 and Pioneer 9G into the room last night, they look pretty similar in colour and light output from each other, the LCD however looked flat, no depth to the image at all, like a photo left out in the sun to fade away.

I then manually adjusted to get it looking like the Pioneer and the Panny, after an hour or so I got it looking pretty close and it has bought it some more time, I was going to send it back.

These are my settings, probably a bit different to US models in layout, but sure you can work it out.

TRUE CINEMA
BACKLIGHT 100
CONTRAST 100
BRIGHTNESS -10
COLOUR 30
SHARPNESS 30
TINT -2
COLOUR TEMP WARM 2
VIVID COLOUR OFF
ADAPTIVE BACKLIGHT ON
AMBIENT SENSOR OFF
NR OFF
MPEG NR OFF

ADVANCED
ADAPTIVE GAMMA 8
BLACK EXPANDER 8
CLEAR WHITE 0

WHITE BALANCE
R GAIN 1
B CUT -3

Far more pop and more like a plasma in depth.
post #37 of 49 Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
After reading televisioninfo.com's TC-L50E60 review, I originally thought that the 42" version would have given them the same results. However, when I do a google search for televisioninfo.com Panasonic review and then click on their pages, I notice that the 42" model has a score of 0.1, but no review written. Does this mean that the 42" model is so bad that they didn't bother to write about it, or that it is the same as the 50" model and didn't need to test it? Would you guys be able to google this and explain what's going on? Thanks.
post #38 of 49 Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

After reading televisioninfo.com's TC-L50E60 review, I originally thought that the 42" version would have given them the same results. However, when I do a google search for televisioninfo.com Panasonic review and then click on their pages, I notice that the 42" model has a score of 0.1, but no review written. Does this mean that the 42" model is so bad that they didn't bother to write about it, or that it is the same as the 50" model and didn't need to test it? Would you guys be able to google this and explain what's going on? Thanks.

No idea why they would put it on the site with that number and no explanation, my guess is that's some kind of fub. The E60 Series 42, 50, 58 and 65" are all the same...except for size of course. You have to step up to the ET60 Series which comes in 50 and 55" and adds 3D and IPS panel for things to change.

lcdtvbuyingguide.com has a review of the E60 with some calibration settings posted. Best I've found so far, I used them for a baseline and slightly tweaked from there and very happy with the results.
post #39 of 49 Old 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM

I brought this tv for the NFL rewind.
Guess what???? no flash at all. I cant even go to my teams homepage because it shows video. I was just told that I cant even use my laptop so that I could use the tv as a monitor. It does have Nexflix and it streams it by the internet. How do I get past this problem???? Its getting close to training camp and preseason games. Panasonic wont even up grade the softwear to solve this problem. I feel like I just got robbed at gun point.
longbranch3
post #40 of 49 Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 PM

I don't think so because the tv has no flash( Adobe Flash.) Im told you cant use the tv as a monitor all you can do is watch regular tv and use the internet for e-mail only, and look at pitchers.
post #41 of 49 Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 PM

Yes they do. I have one. All you can do is watch cable and use the internet for e-mail and you cant even use the tv as a monitor. I just brought this tv and I feel like I just got robbed. at gunpoint.
post #42 of 49 Old 07-19-2013, 01:52 PM

The internet is only for e-mails. If the site you go to is doing any streaming it will not accept the page. I found this out today after I brought this tv. MISTAKE. I have NFL Rewind and cant use it on this TV.
post #43 of 49 Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 45
For anyone still in the market for this set, Amazon has just lowered the sale price for a NIB TC-L42E60 to $550 shipped (you have to add it to your cart to see the price). Amazon Marketplace also has a "like new" open-box set for $517 shipped. And Panasonic.com shows the current reduced MSRP as $600, so there's no reason to pay more than that at any retailer.

FWIW, I just pulled the trigger last Saturday on a store display model which was missing the remote from Sears Outlet for an end price of $433 including sales tax and shipping. I picked up a remote on eBay for $12, so my total cost was $445. This set will replace a six-year-old wall-mounted 32" Sony KDL-32XBR4 in our master bedroom. I'll report back with my impressions once I have the Panny set up and calibrated.
post #44 of 49 Old 08-01-2013, 07:49 AM

I have had the TC-L42E60 in my Amazon Cart for a month now. Any updates from the people that own this tv? Impressions? Reccomendations?

Thanks
post #45 of 49 Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post

For anyone still in the market for this set, Amazon has just lowered the sale price for a NIB TC-L42E60 to $550 shipped (you have to add it to your cart to see the price). Amazon Marketplace also has a "like new" open-box set for $517 shipped. And Panasonic.com shows the current reduced MSRP as $600, so there's no reason to pay more than that at any retailer.

FWIW, I just pulled the trigger last Saturday on a store display model which was missing the remote from Sears Outlet for an end price of $433 including sales tax and shipping. I picked up a remote on eBay for $12, so my total cost was $445. This set will replace a six-year-old wall-mounted 32" Sony KDL-32XBR4 in our master bedroom. I'll report back with my impressions once I have the Panny set up and calibrated.

The set arrived damaged due to a VERY shoddy packing job at Sears Outlet. (They've since removed the shipping option on these sets so that they are only available for in-store pickup.)

I still have the remote control for this unit (Panasonic part no. N2QAYB000828) in like-new condition. It works with models TC-L42E60, TC-L50E60, TC-L58E60, TC-L65E60, TC-50LE64, and TC-58LE64. If anyone needs it, PM me.
post #46 of 49 Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 AM

Any updates from the owners of this TV? Impressions?
post #47 of 49 Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
what kind of panel does the tc-l50e60 use and does it have an auto-dimming backlight?

CNET claims a black luminance (0%) of 0.0067 fL (with their standard light output target of 40 fL), giving it an on/off contrast ratio of 6,000:1

(I doubt that's a native CR number, most likely influenced by auto-dimming on dark scenes)

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-l50e60/4505-6482_7-35583320-2.html
post #48 of 49 Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuman123 View Post

Any updates from the owners of this TV? Impressions?

I've had this TV for about a month now and I love it. The picture quality is excellent and got better after a friend of mine came over and calibrated it. I also like how its passive 3D and I only spent $5 bucks a pair on extra glasses.

I have an xbox 360 and Apple TV so I've never used the "Smart TV" apps.

The TV is thin so don't expect anything great out of the TV speakers, but that is to be expected out of any TV speakers.

NHT Absolute Zero Bookshelf

NHT Absolute Center Speaker

Sony STR-DN1040 Reciever

Panasonic TC-L50ET60 50-Inch LED Tv

Apple TV 3rd Gen

Xbox 360 Slim

Samsung BD-F5100 Blu-Ray Player

Polk Audio PSW505 12" Subwoofer

post #49 of 49 Old 11-28-2013, 05:46 PM

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc L50et60 50 Inch Smart 3d Ips Led Hdtv Includes 2 Pairs Of 3d Polarized Glasses
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page