Need advice / recommendations on Toshiba 65-inch LED "Cloud" TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for a large-size (non-3D) flat panel TV. I went into my local electronics store yesterday and saw a Toshiba 65L7300U 65" LED TV that looked beautiful. They had it hooked up to a Blu-Ray player, and the picture was outstanding (from what I could tell). The problem is, I cant find ANY reviews on it, and I dont really know what performance "issues" to look for. Granted, I'm not going to be using this set as a reference monitor for video editing...but I dont want to pay over $2K for sub-standard picture quality and shoddy performance. They had it priced at $2399.99, which is about what I paid for my 60" Samsung DLP several years ago...and the picture quality looked significantly better than my DLP does. But I'd hate to get it home, put in a DVD movie or a sporting event and discover its shortcomings AFTER the fact!!

Does anyone out there have experience with this TV, or can someone point me to a legitimate review? If not, is there a way to performance test a TV at a retail location?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I own the 50" version of this tv and am returning it because it was defective, the menus would freeze up and the tv would turn on by itself. I checked to see in the menus if there was any timers that was causing this but they were off so...oh and to top it off i had a few dead pixels:rolleyes:

Otherwise the Picture Quality was good, it had a very uniform picture with no visible flashlighting that i could detect. Ok tv but there are obviously better ones out there, for the money that this costs, i can't really say it's worth the price premium. I'd probably look else where but that's just me.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, sir...I appreciate the input. I wish I had a better selection to choose from, but the store I'm purchasing from is the only place that would give me credit, and their TV selection is somewhat limited. Unfortunately right now I'm cash-poor AND TV-less from my divorce.

The only other non-3D TV's (over 60") they had to choose from were the Sharp LC-60LE650U (which looked unimpressive) and one from LG that I cant recall the model number. They also had an (active 3D) Samsung UN60ES7100, which is 5" smaller and only $100 cheaper than the Toshiba. It received pretty good reviews from what I've found online, however, I have ZERO interest in 3D viewing, so I didn't really want to pay for it.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

**UPDATE**

Decided to pass on the Toshiba and pull the trigger on a (true 240 Hz) Samsung UN60F8000 instead (and added a Bose CineMate 1SR soundbar to announce my arrival as the "new neighbor"). Samsung was running a special for $2899 plus a free 7" Samsung Tab-2 tablet, and I got 10% off the soundbar because I bought a TV with it.

I haven't even taken them out of the boxes yet, so I have no idea if I'm gonna love it or hate it...but I guess I will find out soon enough. I know I will probably never even use the 3D glasses or the half of the multimedia add-ons...but if the picture looks the same as I saw in the showroom, I will be STOKED!!

post #5 of 6 Old 05-05-2013, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungfixer View Post

**UPDATE**

Decided to pass on the Toshiba and pull the trigger on a (true 240 Hz) Samsung UN60F8000 instead (and added a Bose CineMate 1SR soundbar to announce my arrival as the "new neighbor"). Samsung was running a special for $2899 plus a free 7" Samsung Tab-2 tablet, and I got 10% off the soundbar because I bought a TV with it.

I haven't even taken them out of the boxes yet, so I have no idea if I'm gonna love it or hate it...but I guess I will find out soon enough. I know I will probably never even use the 3D glasses or the half of the multimedia add-ons...but if the picture looks the same as I saw in the showroom, I will be STOKED!!

Guess you weren't to cash poor. rolleyes.gif
post #6 of 6 Old 05-05-2013, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

LOL. Trust me, this purchase was financed...even the extended warranty and calibration service. But I have 12 months no interest, so I'm gonna double-up on the payments and use my tax return to get it paid off within the year.

I love buying new toys, but I HATE paying interest!!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba 65 Inch Lcd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page