Forum Jump: 

post #841 of 849 Old 07-15-2014, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33pblack View Post
Hi everyone, i've recently purchased a Samsung F5500 46", i'm loving it for gaming (input lag is very good) but i've noticed a terrible "flickering" during end credits movies and while there's a light in motion.
I know this TV is just 60hz but flickering is too much noticeable... especially when there's withe text on dark background. Is that a "normal issue" for this panel? Should i returned it to Amazon?

All picture modes except for 'Movie' and 'PC' brighten or darken the backlight depending on how bright the scene is (this goes into overdrive during credits). If your using "Standard" as your picture mode change it to 'Movie'.

As for gaming make sure you change the name of the HDMI port to PC, that will greatly reduce the input lag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 849 Old 07-16-2014, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
All picture modes except for 'Movie' and 'PC' brighten or darken the backlight depending on how bright the scene is (this goes into overdrive during credits). If your using "Standard" as your picture mode change it to 'Movie'.

As for gaming make sure you change the name of the HDMI port to PC, that will greatly reduce the input lag.
I've already the picture mode on "Movie" but the problems is still there... anyway is not a big problem because i can notice that just when "end credits" start to roll down.

I use "game mode" for gaming with all to OFF (dynamic contrast, etc.). I've heard about the "pc label trick" but i've also heard the picture is washed out with that method... are you sure that method is better than "game mode" one?

Anyway i'm experimenting another minor problem lately. I've noticed when there's no constant audio in the background a little "audio delay" while i scroll between the menu options, this happens in the tv menu and also with my PS4 in the PS Store where there is no music in background. While i scroll between options the volume seems to be lower sometimes for just 1 second (i mean the sound of the last "menu selection" is lower than the previous one or vice versa), but it works good when there's a constant sound in the background. For example PS4 dashboard is not affected... I hope i was clear.
Is that normal?

Last edited by d33pblack; 07-16-2014 at 07:35 AM.
post #843 of 849 Old 07-16-2014, 03:18 PM

Edit: I saw there was the "game mode" causing the audio delay...
post #844 of 849 Old 07-20-2014, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
been skimming the thread but dont really see an answer here. I picked up a UN32F5500AFXZA a little while back and finally got around to using it. I wanted something smaller for my older consoles and that i could watch netflix on. Anyway theres one setting thats always confused me

the color space setting. Its options are auto and native. What does native mean? Just judging from what it does on native im assuming this is color space 'normal' and 'wide' that you see on other tvs, with native being wide, but im not sure. Can anyone fill me in on this?

overall a decent tv for the price i got it for. Has a few quirks and i noticed while skimming something about auto dimming on most inputs. I think that might be the weird over contrast thing i seemed to notice in some games. I"ll have to look into it
post #845 of 849 Old 07-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
been skimming the thread but dont really see an answer here. I picked up a UN32F5500AFXZA a little while back and finally got around to using it. I wanted something smaller for my older consoles and that i could watch netflix on. Anyway theres one setting thats always confused me

the color space setting. Its options are auto and native. What does native mean? Just judging from what it does on native im assuming this is color space 'normal' and 'wide' that you see on other tvs, with native being wide, but im not sure. Can anyone fill me in on this?

overall a decent tv for the price i got it for. Has a few quirks and i noticed while skimming something about auto dimming on most inputs. I think that might be the weird over contrast thing i seemed to notice in some games. I"ll have to look into it
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/fa...UN32F5500AFXZA
post #846 of 849 Old 07-20-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post

The Native color space is fake. When Samsung says "Wide Color Enhancer" they are not lying; It literally takes all the color values and pushes them outward to make them seem more vivid (ex. yellow becomes more orange). -- On older sets you could go into the service menu and find 'WCE', inside it had Tint & Saturation controls to adjust how far it would skew each Primary & Secondary color.

As for playing games on the F5500, if game console is a PS2/XBox/GC/Wii or older turn on Game mode. If it is a Xbox360/PS3/PC or newer rename the HDMI input to PC. -- When renaming the input to PC you loose the "Image Enhacement" stuff but gain 2x the color resolution on Red and Blue and the input lag is almost cut in half.

F6400 Series Auto and Native

Last edited by Quad5Ny; 07-20-2014 at 06:24 PM.
post #847 of 849 Old 07-20-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I've already the picture mode on "Movie" but the problems is still there... anyway is not a big problem because i can notice that just when "end credits" start to roll down.

I use "game mode" for gaming with all to OFF (dynamic contrast, etc.). I've heard about the "pc label trick" but i've also heard the picture is washed out with that method... are you sure that method is better than "game mode" one?

Anyway i'm experimenting another minor problem lately. I've noticed when there's no constant audio in the background a little "audio delay" while i scroll between the menu options, this happens in the tv menu and also with my PS4 in the PS Store where there is no music in background. While i scroll between options the volume seems to be lower sometimes for just 1 second (i mean the sound of the last "menu selection" is lower than the previous one or vice versa), but it works good when there's a constant sound in the background. For example PS4 dashboard is not affected... I hope i was clear.
Is that normal?
If your using none of the Dynamic Contrast or Enhancement features than yes PC mode is much, much better. It basiclly turns the TV into a PC monitor with a 2x chroma (color) resolution bump on Red and Blue. -- In Game and Normal mode Red/Blue's resolution is cut in half (ex. 1920x1080 becomes 960x540). Also the input lag is only 28ms on PC mode; compare that to 50ish on Game and 100ish on Normal.

Do you have the TV hooked up to a Receiver via optical? If you do, than yes that is normal. -- Also, in the Sound sub menu (and possibly Receiver) you can adjust the audio delay.

P.S. All modes except for PC and Movie have the Color saturation set WAY too high in the Service Menu. When switching to PC or Movie you will notice things look less Vivid even though the user 'Color' control is set to 50 in all modes.

Last edited by Quad5Ny; 07-20-2014 at 06:22 PM.
post #848 of 849 Old 07-20-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone, i've recently purchased a Samsung F5500 46", i'm loving it for gaming (input lag is very good) but i've noticed a terrible "flickering" during end credits movies and while there's a light in motion.
I know this TV is just 60hz but flickering is too much noticeable... especially when there's withe text on dark background. Is that a "normal issue" for this panel? Should i returned it to Amazon?
Oh crap, I almost forgot. If you have the Eco Sensor on or any of the other power saving options... turn those off as they cause the backlight to dim as well.

As for returning it to Amazon, can you post a video of the flickering? If you do then me or someone else will let you know if it is normal.
post #849 of 849 Old 07-21-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
Oh crap, I almost forgot. If you have the Eco Sensor on or any of the other power saving options... turn those off as they cause the backlight to dim as well.

As for returning it to Amazon, can you post a video of the flickering? If you do then me or someone else will let you know if it is normal.
I didn't return it to Amazon, i've decided to keep it also because i use this tv most for gaming, not much for bd movies.
I've read game mode also has 28ms of input lag if you turn off dynamic contrast etc.
I always have all the ECO options to off... I've not the TV hooked up to a receiver via optical, i don't know why game mode makes that iusse...

Last edited by d33pblack; 07-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un32f5000 32 Inch Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh5000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page