post #871 of 885 Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricarcher View Post
Ok, color tone normal? Im sure that aint accurate lol..everybody recommends warm2 or warm1..im looking for accurate settings..from someone who has calibrated..but thanks...I think some guy named Maverick posted his settings but im not sure if hes from the US or the UK...so if someone from tge US has this tv and has the correct settings please post
There aren't one set of "correct" settings for all TVs of the same model. If you want accurate you have to do the calibration yourself on your specific TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 885 Old 10-05-2014, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well how about something generally close tp accurate settings then? I don't know how to use all that calibrating stuff.
post #873 of 885 Old 10-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Well how about something generally close tp accurate settings then? I don't know how to use all that calibrating stuff.
That's why you should check out this link: lifehacker.com/5858625/how-to-calibrate-your-hdtv-and-boost-your-video-quality-in-30-minutes-or-less
I'm not sure if mine accurate or not (guess its not), and to be honest, I don't care. What's more important for me is that things looks good and that I can se details in black and white stuff. Try my latest settings, in my post before this one. If you think it looks good, use it, be happy and don't think so much about if it's accurate or not. If you loose details in the black, lower the contrast a bit. If loosing details in white, lower the brightness. If you think both are OK and want things a bit brighter, set the gamma one step higher. Like I said, it's not gonna be "accurate" but is it really THAT important? Guess it depends. I mostly play games and as things are right now on my TV I think they're fine.

Last edited by Chinisan; 10-05-2014 at 01:38 PM.
post #874 of 885 Old 10-06-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Ok, color tone normal? Im sure that aint accurate lol..everybody recommends warm2 or warm1..im looking for accurate settings..
If colour tone is accurate or not, I don't know. Probably, it's not.
Changed to warm1 anyway. Maybe it's better. Dunno. Was just trying to help.

Another benfit from using PC mode instead of turning on game mode is that you can change the audio settings. Good if you're using the TVs speaker. This sound like **** on standard settings. Changing to the movie preset sounds better. But the best, I think, is to change to "STANDARD", turn on TruSurround on "Sound Effect" and then go into Equaliser under "Sound Effect" and lower the higher frequencies and turn the lower frequencies up.

Add: Changed colour tone to Warm2 and White balance to "24, 25, 25, 10, 35, 35" as someone else had earlier in this thread. Anyway, looks better to me.

Btw, does somebody knows if it's possible to make the TV start at HDMI2 instead of "TV"? Or turning the "TV" part off completely? I'm only using it for PS3 anyway.

Last edited by Chinisan; 10-07-2014 at 03:15 PM.
post #875 of 885 Old 10-09-2014, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just put what I saw on an amazon customer review..I used his calibration settings..it looks good..its just who knows..maybe someone has the right settings and it can look better
post #876 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
When I turn on my UN32F5000, I get a red blinking light and no backlight or picture. I'm thinking that this might have been caused by a brief power interuption (i call them blinkblinks) while I was sleeping. Before I send the TV to Samsung for service, would someone be able to tell me how to do a blind reset (a sequence including how many times I'm supposed to arrow up, down, hit enter, etc.)? If not, then I'll have to send it out for service.
post #877 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
When I turn on my UN32F5000, I get a red blinking light and no backlight or picture. I'm thinking that this might have been caused by a brief power interuption (i call them blinkblinks) while I was sleeping. Before I send the TV to Samsung for service, would someone be able to tell me how to do a blind reset (a sequence including how many times I'm supposed to arrow up, down, hit enter, etc.)? If not, then I'll have to send it out for service.
Here's on my TV (UE32F5005), but yours should be the same:

Big red On/Off button (1) - Wait around 10 sec (or 13 sec just to be sure)
Menu (1)
Down (5)
Enter (1)
Down (1)
Enter (1)
Down (3)
Enter (1)
Press 0 four times if you're using the default PIN code (otherwise, use your PIN code)
Left (1)
Enter (1)

Wait for the TV to reset...

The numbers inside the "( )" are how many times you should press the buttons. I hope it works

Last edited by Chinisan; 10-16-2014 at 01:02 PM.
post #878 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Did you try pulling the plug for 5 minutes?
post #879 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinisan View Post

Menu (1)
Down (5)
Enter (1)
Down (1)
Enter (1)
Down (3)
Enter (1)
Press 0 four times if you're using the default PIN code (otherwise, use your PIN code)
Left (1)
Enter (1)

The numbers inside the "( )" are how many times you should press the buttons. I hope it works
There are some menu differences between the European and N. American version of the F5000 so don't know whether that will work or not. It would depend where the differences are. I have a F5500 so I can't check for myself.
post #880 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Menu (1)
Down (5)
Enter (1)
Down (1)
Enter (1)
Down (3)
Enter (1)
Left (1)
Enter (1)

Thanks for your time. Are there any American F5000 owners who could varify or apply appropriate corrections?
post #881 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 11:54 PM

Double post ^^

Last edited by Chinisan; 10-16-2014 at 11:57 PM.
post #882 of 885 Old 10-16-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your time. Are there any American F5000 owners who could varify or apply appropriate corrections?
For some reason my internet is really slow right now, but shouldn't it be posible to check the manual?

Here's what the menu options look like on my TV, and what you choose when doing a reset:

Picture
Sound
Broadcasting
Applications
System
Support ----> e-Manual
////////////////Self Diagnostic ----------> Picture Test
////////////////Software Update////////////Sound Test
////////////////User Mode///////////////////Signal Information
////////////////Contact Samsung////////////Reset -------------------> [ENTER PIN CODE]
post #883 of 885 Old 11-19-2014, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have used a number of flash drives, up to 128GB, and all have worked fine. I have tried a couple USB HDDs, and they do not work. I don't think these sets are meant to drive devices as complex as HDDs.

post #884 of 885 Old 11-19-2014, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To reiterate, for Big C

Quote:
For some reason my internet is really slow right now, but shouldn't it be posible to check the manual?

Here's what the menu options look like on my TV, and what you choose when doing a reset:

Picture
Sound
Broadcasting
Applications
System
Support ----> e-Manual
////////////////Self Diagnostic ----------> Picture Test
////////////////Software Update////////////Sound Test
////////////////User Mode///////////////////Signal Information
////////////////Contact Samsung////////////Reset -------------------> [ENTER PIN CODE]
To Big C: To reset my North American UN40F5500AF
Turn it on. (Remember, the red light is there to tell you the set is off - so the light should NOT BE LIT.)
Here are your keystrokes to reset:
menu, up, right, down, down, right, up, enter, 0000 (or your pin), left, enter
Hope that helps.

post #885 of 885 Unread Today, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Samsung 22" Class 1080p Slim LED HDTV - UN22F5000

I just made another post, but then I ran across this. I am looking for a small HDTV that has 1080p resolution to use as a computer monitor? Is the Samsung UN22F5000 the smallest Samsung HDTV with 1080p? Would it be a suitable computer monitor? Can anybody here suggest a reputable dealer that might still have these in stock? Also, does this have the PIP (Picture In Picture) feature?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un32f5000 32 Inch Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh5000
Gear in this thread - Un50eh5000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page