AVS Forum banner

*Official* Samsung UNxxF5000 and UNxxF5500 Owners Thread

223K views 899 replies 192 participants last post by  Bink 
#1 ·
Just received my UN32F5000 from Amazon earlier this week. Haven't seen any threads started for this series yet so I thought I'd get one going. I'm assuming its safe to lump the F5000 and F5500 together since they are similar.

So far, I'm loving the TV. We have it wall mounted in our bedroom. Has a lot of the standard issues... Way too bright and way too red out of the box. I'm still tinkering to find the best settings (which I will post when I have it dialed in), but I'm very impressed with the smoothness of the motion considering its a 60hz set. I also can't see any unevenness in the backlight, so I either lucked out or they have improved the backlighting immensely.

I can't believe how lightweight the F5000 is. It's 2" thinner than the EH5000 and my 32" weighs only around 11 pounds or so. Looks excellent on our Videosecu articulating arm.

All in all, very impressed at this set considering its one of their lower end models. Any other F5000 owners on here yet? Looking to see if anyone recommends any settings.

#2 ·
I have the 32F5500 and I am super impressed so far. When I mean impressed, Im talking about no flashlighting, clouding, great sound, black levels is great, side viewing its very good and the Smart Hub feature is very useful and speedy. According to the box it has a dual core processor. The web browser is quite useful, webpages loads at a reasonable time depending on ur internet connection. I have Fios 15/ 5 plan and things move at a great pace. Input Lag!!!!!!! Very very low!!! I played a couple of matches at COD 1 and 2. Very low lag and I highly recommended. There is some red push in the colors. Game mode on gives u freedom to tweak the picture even white balance and gamma. Using netflix u cant tweak the picture, only backlight. Wifi setup was a snap. Colors seem very natural out of the box. When a black screen is present, screen shuts down but ive noticed is that it happens when no signal is detected. I guess this is the new version of CE Dimming, is not annoying at all. If. samsung addressed the clouding and flashlighting issues in their TV's like im thinking, this will be great mews for everybody. Remember these sets are edge lit, not backlit. Overall, I score it a 10 of 10. Only thing I wish is that a future update lets u tweak picture while using netflix. Not that it looks bad by the way, just for freedom of choice.

#3 ·
Nice to see you both liking the TV, care to post few pictures of your set?

#5 ·
Really excited hearing all the positive stories and opinions on the F series. from the flagship 8000 and now the 5000 series.
I am looking into getting a 55f7100 or 7500 set here soon.
the more positive things I read the more confident i am feeling about that decision. I also keep checking for a xxF7100 thread. maybe it'll be me to start it if no one else has by then.

#6 ·
The design looks simple and sleek. Do u like the PQ?

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickaim9  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23148412

Love it, everything looks clear and without artifacts. Even SD content looks great. I cant really find a fault in this TV. Theres even an extended IR sensor to control ur cable box and also the smart hub recommends upcoming programs.

Glad you are happy with the TV and thank you for posting the picture.

#9 ·
One thing I will warn about, didn't affect me because I'm wall mounting, but the included base for this TV felt INCREDIBLY cheap. It's a thin gauge, slightly reinforced plastic base. Feels like it weighs no more than maybe 8 ounces total. It's really really cheaply made. We own a slightly older Samsung 32" LCD (I think LN460, about 3 years old), and by comparison, this stand weighs literally 20% as much at most and feels like a lot of cost cutting was done.

So just something to think about for those of you who will not be wall mounting.

#13 ·

Delta E.JPG 155k .JPG file
Gamma Samsung.JPG 139k .JPG file
Color Temp Samsung.JPG 123k .JPG file
RGBSamsung.JPG 145k .JPG file

Me too! Im just amazed how everything looks on this TV. I calibrated ( Well I followed Curtpalme's Guide) and picture quality is amazing. It calibrated really well to 2.24 and 6500k, average delta under 3 from 20IRE on. RGB line looks perfect. Love it!!

Attachments

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickaim9  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23170789

Me too! Im just amazed how everything looks on this TV. I calibrated ( Well I followed Curtpalme's Guide) and picture quality is amazing. It calibrated really well to 2.24 and 6500k, average delta under 3 from 20IRE on. RGB line looks perfect. Love it!!

is the contrast ratio really just 1,000:1 or is the probe you're using not able to measure the black level accurately?

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickaim9  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23170789

Maverick, can you post all the settings you used? Want to try them out on my set.

#18 ·
if there anyone who knows how do these compare to the 2012 Samsung EH5000 and similar models particularly in areas like color accuracy,black levels, and motion resolution?

I have an EH5000 at the moment but find it has a horrible greenish and sometimes yellow hue to skin tones and dark areas of faces in particular that Ive been unable to calibrate out of the tv fully and drives me nuts!

hoping the f5000 would be better.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebdawg16  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23174233

Maverick, can you post all the settings you used? Want to try them out on my set.

Sure, here they are:

Movie mode

BL: 12 ( adjust to your liking if not in a completely dark room)

Contrast: 92

Bright: 47

Sharpness: 0 or 5, its up to you

Color & Tint: 50

Color space: Native

W/B:

R-off 26

G-off 25

B-off 21

R-gain 20

G-gain 25

B-Gain 40

Gamma: -2

Color tone: Warm 2

Everything else is off and keep in mind I view my TV in a dark room, so if your room is bright, adjust the backlight to your preference.

#22 ·
How is motion blur on this series, since it is only 60hz? And will there be a F6000 series that is 120hz? And I guess no more direct lit versions from Samsung this year, like the EH series last year. But sounds like clouding and flashlighting has been improved.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23177083

How is motion blur on this series, since it is only 60hz? And will there be a F6000 series that is 120hz? And I guess no more direct lit versions from Samsung this year, like the EH series last year. But sounds like clouding and flashlighting has been improved.

look at the F6400 and F6300

also F6350

#24 ·
#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickaim9  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23176908

Well, according to the quick and dirty method and belle nuit it does. I renamed the HDMI input to PC.
Thank you very much
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsurkin  /t/1466026/official-samsung-unxxf5000-and-unxxf5500-owners-thread#post_23179392

What's the word on panel lottery with the F5000 series? Thanks.
I hope this gets answered too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.