post #271 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Anyone?

Not sure how much I can help but I will give a shot today at my set and will let you know.

Thanks

MS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
That would be great, thank you.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #273 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 12:21 PM

Liked: 10
Awsome!
post #274 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashless View Post

Babycow05 You rock. I am now flashing again...Thanks so much:)tongue.gif
Glad to help smile.gif
post #275 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 PM

1.USB drives will be mounted /mnt/media/usb.XXXXX instead of /sdcard. (XXXXX is decided by the ID(volume id : vfat or exfat, uuid : ntfs) of USB volume.)
2.GTV supports multiple USB drives. Users can plug multiple USB drives.

Im using USB1 with formatted Fat32 with all my movies using Mizuu to retrieve all info and artcovers then MxPlayer to play it!! 

This is how i have my external media set up

post #276 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwash348 View Post

everytime i try to downlaod aptoide app, it says my device isn't compatible with this version. I have the new 4.2.2 ? I went to google and downloaded it and it opened in my playstore, any idea?

Have you enebled unknown sources in the tv options? When you open chrome and google aptoide it downloads like an app dont download it or try to through play store. That wont work. You might have to go to settings> applications> play store> clear defaults. Try that
post #277 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM

can you explain what firefox app you downloaded, there are multiple on aptoide and did you have to download adobe flash following that ?

edit: i figured out how to get aptoide to download. One firefox i downloaded just is a blank white screen , i downloaded another firefox called firefox for android that worked as a browser, i couldn't scroll up or down and flash didn't work. also i tried download super mario app but it was just a black screen. Can games like that work on here?
post #278 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 09:00 PM

Yes you can but remember the controls are not made the same as it would be for a phone. I downloaded firefix from chrome also just goole it. When it comes to game s I have not tryed mario but I have angry birds star wars 2 and it works great. Once you have the means to download apps its going to be trail and error. But thats hiw I got Firefox and flash yes just look for flash in aptoide
post #279 of 388 Old 11-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Hey guys,

I registered here because i'm having a few issues with my LG 47GA6400

First question, and i'm hoping maybe someone has experienced something similar.... 

When i first bought the TV, about 4 months ago,... everything was great. I was hooked up to Amazon prime, and digital converter worked great. After about 3 weeks, prime just stopped working. I'm able to get into the app and browse, but when i try to play a movie, it just loads for a second and returns to the browser. Strangely, i can still watch the movie trailers though. 

I checked out netflix as well, since the TV came with 6 free months, but i just get a "Unable to connec" message.

Of course... All the IT guys were unable to help, and have logged the problem and promised to call back if they find anything out. i've tried resetting and clearing caches, resetting to original settings, plugging into ethernet, etc etc. But to no avail. All the other apps work. Youtube, crackle etc work fine. 

I was able to live with that, since i've got my laptop, and i can just plug it in, but obviously i would like it to be resolved someday.

Anyway, onto my second problem. 

My cable went out. I'm plugged straight into the wall, and the digital converter has been doing its job since i bought the TV, but today, the power went out for a asecond, and now i get no signal. I tried auto tuning my channels again, trying all the available providers, and i called comcast. They told me to switch from HRC to IRC (harmonic vs incremental), but i can't seem to find anywhere to do that. 

Any help?

This TV is basically useless if i can't watch Netflix or Amazon prime, OR regular TV even.

post #280 of 388 Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgojoe View Post

Hey guys,

First question, and i'm hoping maybe someone has experienced something similar.... 

When i first bought the TV, about 4 months ago,... everything was great. I was hooked up to Amazon prime, and digital converter worked great. After about 3 weeks, prime just stopped working. I'm able to get into the app and browse, but when i try to play a movie, it just loads for a second and returns to the browser. Strangely, i can still watch the movie trailers though. 

I checked out netflix as well, since the TV came with 6 free months, but i just get a "Unable to connec" message.

Of course... All the IT guys were unable to help, and have logged the problem and promised to call back if they find anything out. i've tried resetting and clearing caches, resetting to original settings, plugging into ethernet, etc etc. But to no avail. All the other apps work. Youtube, crackle etc work fine. 

I was able to live with that, since i've got my laptop, and i can just plug it in, but obviously i would like it to be resolved someday.

My cable went out. I'm plugged straight into the wall, and the digital converter has been doing its job since i bought the TV, but today, the power went out for a asecond, and now i get no signal. I tried auto tuning my channels again, trying all the available providers, and i called comcast. They told me to switch from HRC to IRC (harmonic vs incremental), but i can't seem to find anywhere to do that. 

Any help?

This TV is basically useless if i can't watch Netflix or Amazon prime, OR regular TV even.

You know in the situation you find yourself I have always found it to start over. Unplug everything. Reset your tv to factory settings, do an update if yo7 have one. Start with one thing and move your way up.

Tv> internet> cable>...ect...

If all fails then it sounds like a internal components failure (maybe due to the lights going out ... (do you have a surge protection? ?) If the tv is internally damaged send it back to were you bought it and warranty it.

Hope that helps
post #281 of 388 Old 11-08-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Any help?

I think BabyCow05 gave you wonderful suggestion and factory restore should help you to retain Amazon and Netflix. Also make sure you are on latest JB update.That being said , there is one more thing you can try but I am not sure if it will help - "Disable Hardware Overlay". It helped some people with netflix Issues.

Procedure

1. Goto Customer Support and then scroll down to Build Number

2. Start Clicking on that build number and you will start seeing coundown and when it hit 0 , you will enable "Developer Mode".

3. Now Goto Applications and click on 4th option "Developer Options"

4. Scroll down to "Hardware overlay " and check that box.

See if this helps. I am no way expert on this and just try to help here and providing you information which I learned or came across while going through some issues. It might or it mightn't work but please always try at your risk.

Also if you decide to enable keep an eye on TV temperature , make sure it doesn't get hot as it makes GPU to do more work. I read it somewhere so just a headsup.

Also, when you do factory restore , try to setup your cable in beginning ..Not sure if it should make difference but I have seen a little bit but it could be coincidence.

I hope it helps

Babycow05 likes this.
post #282 of 388 Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

That would be great, thank you.

Soory jblan74 I tried and I am not experiencing any issues with my OTA cable . I have HTPC and waiting for VGA to USB converter and once hooked up I can check for cable as well. If nothing helps, we can compare tv settings as I am not experiencing as soap opera effect. All fast motion stuff work fine for me but I will check with my HTPC and will let you know.

post #283 of 388 Old 11-08-2013, 02:03 PM

Liked: 11
I went ahead with the update. Netflix, Amazon, Tedx all worked ok. I did have to clear Netflix settings and log in again. I installed FireFox Aurora and Flash. I tried to use Flash on Lynda.Com and the playback is choppy and unusable. I cant seem to get to video settings in any app which totally sucks. I at was able to change them in Netflix before upgrading. I hope this upgrade actually provides some kind of benefit at some point... seems pointless right now.
post #284 of 388 Old 11-09-2013, 08:47 AM

*Update* So I just installed my 1TB Powered Drive to my 60ga6400. It was formatted to ntfs, and im running mizuu to organize and retrive movie info (clean interface) and running vimu to play the movies. Mizzuu opens up vimu automatically. The drive sits behind my tv which really gives it a clean look. So far so good smile.gif
post #285 of 388 Old 11-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Nice ...babycow05..itblooks good
On a side note, does anyone have experience in configuring lg qwerty remote for htpc ? I heard it can be done with event ghost

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
post #286 of 388 Old 11-09-2013, 04:10 PM

I've tried to update and i'm still running on build 3.2

When i check for updates it says it's up to date, but every once in a while, I get a pop-up saying there is a new update available. If i click on "more info" it shows that it is the Jelly Bean 4.2 update, but when i click install, it shows that it is trying to download, then i get a big ! symbol in a triangle, after that it says "system update failed"

I'm hardwired by ethernet, and i can still watch youtube videos and everything just fine. I don't know what to do..

post #287 of 388 Old 11-09-2013, 05:09 PM

just to further add to that... i hard reset (unplugged from wall, and waited 30 seconds).

After that, i can go to check for updates, and it shows there is an update to download. so i download.. watch the progress bar, then it verifies the download, and says "download complete"

"Click to install on restart". So i click that, the TV counts down from 10, restarts, LG logo pops up, then google TV logo pops up for a while, then ! for about 2 minutes, then finally TV comes on, and i get a "system update failed" message. 

So i know it's not a download thing.. it's failing to install, for some reason.

I called LG and they have a tech coming out. Kinda bummed, but happy to finally get it resolved (hopefully) 

post #288 of 388 Old 11-11-2013, 07:30 AM

Has anyone with the JB update figured out how to adjust picture settings in Apps yet?  I'm using ViMu to stream media directly to the TV and while I love the feature set, I'm finding the lack of color calibration very irritating - I'm finding little reason to stream videos directly to the TV when the picture is so much better when sent via another device.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for optimal sound setting if one is using the TV's speakers?  I'll be getting an actual x.1 setup soon, but in the meantime all I have is the TV, and the "Standard" setting really shows its problems when you try listening to music.  I've set it to Cinema for now; it seems to be better, but I'm not enough of an audiophile to be able to discern whether or not it is the best option.

post #289 of 388 Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 AM

Well, an update on my situation in case anyone else ever experiences that... i hope you don't, but a certified service repair company came and replaced the motherboard, and i was able to succesfully update to Jellybean. And now my Netflix and Amazon apps are working again. 

I still am unable to configure any channels, as the digital tuner doesn't seem to be doing it's job though.

Comcast recommended changing the search frequency from HRC to IRC (harmonic to incremental), but i can't find any settings to adjust that.

Anyone have any insight into that? or do i really need to buy one of those digital tuner boxes?

post #290 of 388 Old 11-16-2013, 11:02 PM

Here's a link that will let you download any free app from the playstore so you can then side load it. Simply cut and paste the URL of the app from the play store and it will create a download link for the apk. It will only work with the free apps, not paid.

http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

post #291 of 388 Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I was hoping that someone on here could tell me what advantage Google tv has over the LG Smart tv.

I'm considering purchasing either the LG LA6900 or the LG GA6400 and am trying to compare the features of both.
post #292 of 388 Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 AM

Liked: 31
Quote:

Well, an update on my situation in case anyone else ever experiences that... i hope you don't, but a certified service repair company came and replaced the motherboard, and i was able to succesfully update to Jellybean. And now my Netflix and Amazon apps are working again. 

I still am unable to configure any channels, as the digital tuner doesn't seem to be doing it's job though.

Comcast recommended changing the search frequency from HRC to IRC (harmonic to incremental), but i can't find any settings to adjust that.

Anyone have any insight into that? or do i really need to buy one of those digital tuner boxes?

Comcast has encrypted all channels, they did it market by market, mine was done over 10 months ago. All tv's either need a cable box or an "adapter". The adpaters are just really smaller cheaper cable boxes from them.
post #293 of 388 Old 11-18-2013, 03:47 PM

http://google.about.com/od/googleonyourtv/p/what-is-google-tv.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo631 View Post

I was hoping that someone on here could tell me what advantage Google tv has over the LG Smart tv.

I'm considering purchasing either the LG LA6900 or the LG GA6400 and am trying to compare the features of both.
post #294 of 388 Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 PM

Enzo631...the main advantage of Google tv is u can install regular android apps including xbmc and also it have prime guide which integrate all ota , cable programs and show everthing with nice placart

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
post #295 of 388 Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM

Just got my 50GA6400 mounted on the wall and was wondering about any apps people find useful that I should download. I am not a real Gamer...use it more for TV and movies.

Thanks! smile.gif
post #296 of 388 Old 11-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Just got my 60 in ga6400 and it is amazing. I am holding off on updating due to not wanting to lose flash nor plex. Anyone have any other issues after update?
post #297 of 388 Old 11-24-2013, 07:51 PM

How is the screen on this TV? Glossy or matte?
post #298 of 388 Old 11-27-2013, 01:03 PM

Glossy or matt screen is not a consideration, the 60" GA6400 is fantastic, more details, more big screen goodness. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, after buying a 60 incher one will never go smaller!
post #299 of 388 Old 11-27-2013, 01:29 PM

Glossy or matte IS a consideration. I plan to use one of these in my living room, where there's some sunlight in the daytime. To me, glossy or matte makes a huge difference!
post #300 of 388 Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Ultimately it's your decision. My tv is also in my living room about 5feet from sliding glass doors that get bright am sunlight. The picture is fantastic ! One of your major concerns is the viewing angle of ALL LED'S, there is a sweet spot, at the sides not as good...... the "speak function" is incredible, very few tv's have it. As I said, setting the tv up correctly is also crucial, many of the frustrations others posted and experienced, I did not have. If I had it to do over again I would buy THIS tv.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 50ga6400 50 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses , Lg Electronics 47ga6400 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page