Official LG GA6400 Series Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 388 Old 02-20-2014, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Good post Prodwell. I myself am completely puzzled as to the lack of information available both from LG and from owners of the ga6400. I don't want to say I am disappointed, but when I can't do simple things like turn off Trumotion on Netflix (still can't figure out how to do that after the last software update) and continue to have difficulties getting what I consider a solidly configured picture setting system, it ruins the experience a bit.

Does anyone know how to adjust Trumotion on Netflix after the last Google TV software update? The old method of using the smartphone app no longer works, or if it does, I don't know how to do it.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 388 Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Good post Prodwell. I myself am completely puzzled as to the lack of information available both from LG and from owners of the ga6400. I don't want to say I am disappointed, but when I can't do simple things like turn off Trumotion on Netflix (still can't figure out how to do that after the last software update) and continue to have difficulties getting what I consider a solidly configured picture setting system, it ruins the experience a bit.

Does anyone know how to adjust Trumotion on Netflix after the last Google TV software update? The old method of using the smartphone app no longer works, or if it does, I don't know how to do it.

Once again, just as Local Dimming, I believe this is a service menu function.

Jeff

post #363 of 388 Old 02-20-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh I agree, thing is, folks found a workaround initially, but the workaround doesn't work now. I was just lamenting the dearth of information on this particular model.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #364 of 388 Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post

Once again, just as Local Dimming, I believe this is a service menu function.

Jeff

I would assume that they keep it hidden in the service menu because the local dimming is a marketed "step-up" feature of the 7900, and putting it in the regular menu would diminish the value of moving up to the next model. VERY annoying - I just wish someone found a way to get into the service menu so I could shut it off. I purposely bought this model instead of the 7900 because I have never liked local dimming as it's very noticeable (I'd rather have a slightly lighter black than a backlight going up and down every minute).

post #365 of 388 Old 02-21-2014, 12:11 PM

I have the Service Remote and Service Manual that I will rent if someone is interested. PM me for details. There is no manual for the remote but it will open the in-start menu and the ez-adjust menu and allow for changes. The Service Manual is a pdf and goes over the technical aspects of the tv, like fixing boards and check signal paths.

I warn everyone interested in playing in the service menus that it is very easy to reset or brick your tv and I will not be held responsible or help to fix any problems you might cause in playing in the menus.

Jeff

post #366 of 388 Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 AM

Hello,
Just bought this TV. Tried to Connect to Yamaha-RX475 and found no sound is coming. After looking at all HDMIs, found that none of them as tagged as ARC. My old TV had ARC, and this does NOT have eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Is there anyway to activate ARC option in this TV? Or I have to use Optical cable to connect TV to AVR?

Also, I found from HERE that "optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)". What does that mean? If I attach optical cable from TV to AVR, want to play video with 5.1 DTS audio through USB of the TV, will I get just get stereo sound from the 2 speakers? Not surround sound from all 5 speakers and sub?

Any help would be appreciable....
Thanks..
post #367 of 388 Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveaslion View Post

Hello,
Just bought this TV. Tried to Connect to Yamaha-RX475 and found no sound is coming. After looking at all HDMIs, found that none of them as tagged as ARC. My old TV had ARC, and this does NOT have eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Is there anyway to activate ARC option in this TV? Or I have to use Optical cable to connect TV to AVR?

Also, I found from HERE that "optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)". What does that mean? If I attach optical cable from TV to AVR, want to play video with 5.1 DTS audio through USB of the TV, will I get just get stereo sound from the 2 speakers? Not surround sound from all 5 speakers and sub?

Any help would be appreciable....
Thanks..

I use an optical cable and get both dts and dolby digital 5.1
post #368 of 388 Old 02-28-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercennarius View Post

I use an optical cable and get both dts and dolby digital 5.1

Thank you...
post #369 of 388 Old 03-04-2014, 09:28 PM

Liked: 11
I use an optical cable also and get dolby digtal 5.1 and dts, good sound.
post #370 of 388 Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlcoots View Post

Hey guys I just bought the ga6400 a few weeks back and I was wondering if there was any way for me to skip the home screen and just go straight to the input source whenever I power on the device

I didn't see an answer to this. I plan to use this TV with a Tivo 90% of the time and control it using the Tivo's remote. How can I skip the home screen and just go straight to say the first HDMI input?
post #371 of 388 Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 AM

Liked: 11
Not a good idea..... you'll see!
post #372 of 388 Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 AM

Ok, but can it be done? Even if I prefer the TV's interface, there's a whole family that's going to complain and demand their Tivo.
post #373 of 388 Old 03-24-2014, 08:53 PM

Found one more trouble. I hooked up the TV to Yamaha RX-475 AVR through optical cable. I have Harmony Ultimate remote because AVR is in different room, so I need remote with RF function. When I add Smart TV activity (2 Devices - LG TV and Yamaha RX-475 AVR, TV Input - Smart TV, Volume input - optical cable input), AVR turns on, TV turns and it tries to load Smart TV, but TV screen remains black and have to manually go to Devices > TV > Press Smart TV to lunch it.

Anyone has LG Google TV and Harmony Ultimate remote who can successfully add Smart TV activity?

Thanks,
post #374 of 388 Old 03-25-2014, 11:52 PM

Is there any way to change the aspect ratio when using the smart tv apps? When watching some older 4:3 shows using the Amazon app, it stretches to fill the screen horizontally, but I would prefer to view these shows in their natural state. Thanks.
post #375 of 388 Old 04-08-2014, 02:32 PM

Is there anyway to add custom ir codes to the ir blaster part of th tv?

I have a Vizio sound bar that it can't find codes for, the ir db app doesn't have Vizio listed.
post #376 of 388 Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 AM

Has anyone found a better Netflix app that runs on the LG GA6400? The one provided does not seem to play the files in HD.

Jeff

post #377 of 388 Old 04-12-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hmm. There is no Hulu or HBO Go on this TV? I could have sworn I had HBO Go at one point and time but it's not there now.
post #378 of 388 Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 AM

From reading this thread, it seems some 6400s have a dimming menu option and others don't. Is this the case? Any workarounds to this dimming flaw? It really destroys some scenes.
post #379 of 388 Old 04-20-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post

Has anyone found a better Netflix app that runs on the LG GA6400? The one provided does not seem to play the files in HD.

Jeff

Sure it does. In fact, the PQ on the included Netflix App is outstanding. But like everything else on the TV, for every good thing, there is a bad thing, and you can't turn off the TRUMOTION crap on Netflix, since the latest update came out.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #380 of 388 Old 04-20-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittperson View Post

From reading this thread, it seems some 6400s have a dimming menu option and others don't. Is this the case? Any workarounds to this dimming flaw? It really destroys some scenes.

It certainly does. It give anything to have the auto-dimming feature be adjustable. It is almost embarrassing to have to explain to guests or family, that it's a "feature".

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #381 of 388 Old 06-21-2014, 07:00 PM

Liked: 0
Unhappy

Ok I have a strange predicament. I have FiOS cable card in my TiVo and the HDMI runs to my Sony STRDH510 so I've been trying to figure out how to get the tv apps to output sound to the receiver. I have a toslink cable running from the tv to the receiver but no sound comes out. Messing with all different config I stumbled across the fact that if I unhook the TiVo voila it magically works. But there has to be a better/correct way to set this up. I really know very little about any of this stuff. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
post #382 of 388 Old 07-04-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

So the Update icon in my settings is gone. Looks like LG has officially killed this product line. I love LG but this is pretty disappointing.
post #383 of 388 Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 PM

My ga6400's trumotion only works on 'smooth' and 'clear' mode, i wanted to use the 'user setting' mode to be able to max out the dejudder and the other option but the picture setting always crashes everytime i click on 'user setting' on the trumotion. Has anybody encountered the same problem and does anyone have a solution to fix this problem?
post #384 of 388 Old 07-14-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev01 View Post
Try this, 1) turn the tv off on the channel you're watching.
2) When you turn it on next time it will be on that channel, not the home screen.
3) Any system updates will popup.
I tried this and had no luck. Does it only work for OTA and not a cable box input? It certainly doesn't work for game consoles. It is a bit annoying to have to wait for youtube app to refresh on the home screen just to then have to hit the live tv or input button to watch full screen.
post #385 of 388 Old 07-18-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
So the Update icon in my settings is gone. Looks like LG has officially killed this product line. I love LG but this is pretty disappointing.
Delete

Carl Sagan (1980)

Last edited by jblank74; 07-18-2014 at 11:40 AM.
post #386 of 388 Old 07-18-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
So they updated the tv and took the icon away?

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #387 of 388 Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post
So they updated the tv and took the icon away?
Yeah, it's no longer anywhere.
post #388 of 388 Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Wonderful. I wish I'd never have bought this TV.

Carl Sagan (1980)

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 50ga6400 50 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses , Lg Electronics 47ga6400 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page