Official LG GA6400 Series Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 404 Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The LG GA6400 Series is available in 42, 47, 50, 55, and 60 inch versions at 120hz.
The LG GA6450 Series is identical but comes with a $50 Google Play credit.
the LG GA7900 Series is nearly identical but it a 240hz TV.

These are part of LG's Google TV line with Cinema 3D (passive 3D)

4 HDMI ports
3 USB Ports
1 Component
1 Composite
1 Ethernet
1 IR Blaster
1 optical out
1 headphone out

Supports WiFi IEEE802.11a/b/g/n

Supports PL2303 USB to serial cables for serial home automation control. (9600bps 8N1)
Supports Dual Play

Options for expert ISF calibration menu:
  • Dynamic Contrast [on/off]
  • Super Resolution [on/off]
  • Color Gamut [wide/standard/ebu/smpte/bt709]
  • Edge Enhancer [on/off]
  • xvYCC [off/???] (greyed out with my current settings)
  • Color Filter [off/red/green/blue]
  • Expert Pattern [off/???] (greyed out with my current options)
  • Gamma [1.9/2.2/2.4]
  • White Balance
  • Color Management System [sub menu {color(r/g/b/c/m/y)/saturation/tint/Luminance}

More Informations Will Be Added
zero313 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 404 Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

I've had my 47GA6400 for 3 days now.

The picture is very good. I have seen better but nor many at the price I paid. The unit was on sale for 1099.99.

Some things that bother me about it so far. The menus are horrible! It's pretty difficult to navigate and some options are only available when your at certain screens. I'm hoping this gets corrected in later updates.

The TV has live motion or true motion where it tries to smooth out the motion between frames to create e a more realistic look. I tried to get used to this, but it didn't happen, this makes all the movement look very fake not more realistic.

The manual has a surprising lack of information about operations. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to get the DirecTV guide up using the TV remote and IR Blaster. For this of you who want to know you have to press the guide button twice. Pressing it only once takes you into a smart guide that tells you what movies are playing and such. After I figured that out it was a breeze to use only a single remote.

At this point I'm waiting on my HDMI cables with return audio and ethernet to arrive so I can not comment on how well connecting my LG BP-530 Blu-ray player works. Right now it's just connected with normal HDMI and IR Blaster and that works fine but TV and BD player have the ability to talk to each other with the correct cable.

Over all I like the TV very much. I have not had the time to do a proper calibration on it yet but out of the box the picture is very nice. I'm not sure if it has individual picture settings for each input yet but it looks like it might. If not that will be a big black mark. I'll post some more as I get more familiar with the TV and I will update the Details of the unit above as I sort out more of the information.

The TV is unable to play any of the MP4 videos from the AVSHD709 when they are on a USB stick directly connected to the TV. I am not yet sure what it doesn't like about the encoding as I have played other MP4 just fine as well as some MKV both h.264.
post #3 of 404 Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 AM

Liked: 10
Also picked up this TV last week, and really starting to love it. Takes a bit to get used to the google TV, lots of options, but its pretty impressive. I like the remote, has a wii like function to move the cursor around the screen when you're working with apps (you can also use directional buttons) has a good keyboard on back. Loving the PIP feature where I can be in a google TV app but still watch TV. I "cut" the cord (well have basic cable now) and Google chrome (web browser) works great and I can watch allot of videos (including flash based) like HGTV (wife) and the Daily show. Also have amazon prime, so I can stream allot of shows for free.
Added an external 200gb HD to the USB port on the TV. Can store apps and media files (had to format it Fat32, use FAT32-Format windows application). Most apps can also access my NAS to play media.

Apps:
The poster above needs to get the Vimu player, plays every file I throw at it.
Also Mizuu a media center like app that will look @ all your files and download info about the movie/shows, along screen art and put it in a very eye pleasing way.

Mitty, just check it out..crazy....

The onlive app (lets you play computer games on the TV) is not working right now. Onlive tech support said they are working on it but no ETA.
Also had an issue with my Tivo premiere not getting the right channel codes from google TV for OTA channels (IR blaster sends whole numbers instead of 2.1, 2.2, 4.2 etc..), but now i have basic cable so that isn't a problem any more

So far this TV is doing exactly what I wanted to it do, allow me to cut most of my cable bill (just internet and basic cable now),saving me allot of $$$ and my wife approves, and can use it without much fuss smile.gif
post #4 of 404 Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmcwhirt View Post

I've had my 47GA6400 for 3 days now.

The picture is very good. I have seen better but nor many at the price I paid. The unit was on sale for 1099.99.

Some things that bother me about it so far. The menus are horrible! It's pretty difficult to navigate and some options are only available when your at certain screens. I'm hoping this gets corrected in later updates.

Menu's could be better. It's google tv so allot of stuff can be edited and moved around. You should take some time and customize it and explore. the Menu button on the remote brings up allot of stuff and is application specific, but you can always get to the settings screen this way.
Quote:

The TV has live motion or true motion where it tries to smooth out the motion between frames to create e a more realistic look. I tried to get used to this, but it didn't happen, this makes all the movement look very fake not more realistic.

The very first thing I did was turn this off (on ALL my TV's) I can't stand the way this makes all video look like a soap opera. Can be turned off in settings.
Quote:
The TV is unable to play any of the MP4 videos from the AVSHD709 when they are on a USB stick directly connected to the TV. I am not yet sure what it doesn't like about the encoding as I have played other MP4 just fine as well as some MKV both h.264.

Get the Vimu player from the google play store. Has played everything I have thrown at it so far
post #5 of 404 Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM

Any other reports about this tv? I was considering getting this or the GA7900 pretty soon. Wanted to see if anybody had any opions on one versus the other.
post #6 of 404 Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hi ,

I would like to second that !

I too may be considering the GA7900.

Please tell me , is a "Google TV" like any other except that it has the Google web interface built in ?

I mean it is still , for the most part , a regular tv , right ?

OK , well , thanks biggrin.gif

Later ,

Gary 
post #7 of 404 Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 PM

just wanted to say hi,

and put my input on this great tv,i am coming from a plasma, and it was hard coming to this led world, i didnt want to do it.
My lg 50px950 gave out after only 3 yrs of service, and my moms developing a line on the panel around three yrs also. I decided it was time to move on from plasma, i am still in the process of fixing my lg t a mainboard coming in.
I bought my LG 55GA 6400 about two weeks ago, and i am happy with it, of course the picture is not as sharp , but the ISF picture setting on there really comes close to were i am satisfied with my purchase, some advantages over my previous lg was

1. 5 inchs bigger
2.google smart tv
3.voice commands
4.energy effciency
5.ultra light weight

i still like to look at it and admire the tv at its picture , and it tries to be as sharp as the plasma, but i say it comes pretty darn close
post #8 of 404 Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM

I am looking at a few different LG's at the moment (looking to pick one up this week most likely) The models I am looking at are the:

55GA6400
55G2
55LM6200

I know that the last one is not a Google TV set but I am also interested to find out how much of a difference there is between Google TV and LG's Smart Tv branding? I'm an Apple guy so my experience google is mostly limited to searches and maps. The idea of being able to install apps on my TV is very intriguing (something Apple TV does not do yet) especially since you can download from 3rd parties that are not sold in Google Play (is that still the case?)

I LOVE 3D so I am looking for a TV with a killer 3D experience that will make my PS3 games and 3D/2D Blu-Rays look awesome. I am also in the process of trying to cut the cord as much as possible because I hate my DVR and would rather catch a show on Hulu Plus or HBO GO then worry about setting something to record.

I also have a pretty healthy collection of videos on an External HDD that I would like to Hook Up to the TV so that I can access everything natively and stop trying to stream it over my WiFi network. LG's Tech Support (if you can call it that) said that the TV's only support an external HDD that is no bigger then 1TB in size. Is that a suggestion or is that a sad fact of life. I ask because I have a Seagate 4TB Backup Plus that I would very much like to have connected to the TV all the time to house my collections.

Thanks for taking a moment to answer a forum Noob's questions haha. I am upgrading from a 30in SONY Wega Trinitron 720P CRT television from around 2005/2006 so I am sure pretty much anything will blow my mind at this point.
post #9 of 404 Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Has anyone who owns the GA6400 model here done any 2D or 3D gaming on this TV? I was looking into getting one of the new LG Google 3D TVs but the OP on the 55GA7900 thread actually ended up returning the TV because he said it lagged when gaming (though he didn't specifiy which games or if it did them on all or how bad it was).
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471203/official-lg-55ga7900-owners-thread

I do game on PS3 and PC a few times a week so this will be a big decision on getting the TV.

Thanks.
post #10 of 404 Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar83 View Post

Has anyone who owns the GA6400 model here done any 2D or 3D gaming on this TV? I was looking into getting one of the new LG Google 3D TVs but the OP on the 55GA7900 thread actually ended up returning the TV because he said it lagged when gaming (though he didn't specifiy which games or if it did them on all or how bad it was).
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471203/official-lg-55ga7900-owners-thread

I do game on PS3 and PC a few times a week so this will be a big decision on getting the TV.

Thanks.

I have not posted in these forums for a loooooong time now but I can give a little feedback about this TV, I picked it up over the weekend. I am tech savy (work in IT) but I don't pay attention to the numbers and all that when it comes to TV's so I will give my experience in bullet points.

- Great picture out of the box.
- Beautiful Design (my opinion)/w swivel stand.
- Lots of options to adjust picture quality (have not played around with it too much yet due to time) & lots of options in general.
- No back-light bleed/clouding (so far).
- Google TV function (can be a hit or miss).

For gaming I have played Xbox 360 (I do have a PS3, but again time has been against me since I got the TV). So far, I have played Assassin Creed 3 and some Halo 4. Again, picture quality is great ( I am upgrading from an older 3-4 years 37" LG LCD TV I got for cheap during a BB sale for less than 400)...I am seeing details in these games I have never seen before. As far as Lag, I didn't notice any while playing Assassin Creed 3 or Halo (during my session I played AC3 more though) with the Trumotion on (you can choose between smooth or clear and adjust the de-judder slider, I don't remember what was set). There is also a AV game mode you can select which would prolly lower response time even more. As for the 3D, I am not a fan of 3D as it gives me headaches, I just got a TV with 3D functionality because of the PQ.

Also, as for gaming...I was concerned about noticing ghosting and it's safe to say there is no ghosting. I want to get more time playing games though, but until I find some time to really get some good gaming sessions in that is all I can say for now. I do not have much PS3 games but I will try GoW:A and Killzone 3 in the next day or 2 though I can't guarantee.

I purchased the TV from BB on sale (and also because of their easy to deal with return policy), I am a silver member so I have 60 days apparently to return the TV. I will try to post back with more impressions as soon as I can.

Hope I made some sense, I typed this with very little sleep lol.

post #11 of 404 Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 AM

Just got this TV a few days ago...out of the box it looks very nice. Overall I'm happy with the TV, but I have one issue that I can't figure out.

Audio return channel...I guess during the search for my perfect tv within budget, I thought this thing had ARC...but now, I don't find any reference to it. Is this an ARC capable tv? Directions if somebody knows how to configure it? I purchased a new receiver to address the ARC capabilities- so I know the receiver is setup correctly. I can always use a use an optical out to the receiver...but i was wanting just one wire from the tv to the receiver.

My new receiver is a Denon-1613.
My hdmi cable was from monoprice. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=3663&seq=1&format=2

Another issue, is streaming from my dlna server (ubuntu server using Mindlna and Plex)....but I don't really like Plex. Any recommendations on apps?

Joey
post #12 of 404 Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM

I have been getting update notifications via the wifi, has anyone else got this? If so, did you download the update? What did it change...? I sorta don't want to update it and it fudges something up lol.
post #13 of 404 Old 05-14-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-eclipse View Post

I have not posted in these forums for a loooooong time now but I can give a little feedback about this TV, I picked it up over the weekend. I am tech savy (work in IT) but I don't pay attention to the numbers and all that when it comes to TV's so I will give my experience in bullet points.

- Great picture out of the box.
- Beautiful Design (my opinion)/w swivel stand.
- Lots of options to adjust picture quality (have not played around with it too much yet due to time) & lots of options in general.
- No back-light bleed/clouding (so far).
- Google TV function (can be a hit or miss).

For gaming I have played Xbox 360 (I do have a PS3, but again time has been against me since I got the TV). So far, I have played Assassin Creed 3 and some Halo 4. Again, picture quality is great ( I am upgrading from an older 3-4 years 37" LG LCD TV I got for cheap during a BB sale for less than 400)...I am seeing details in these games I have never seen before. As far as Lag, I didn't notice any while playing Assassin Creed 3 or Halo (during my session I played AC3 more though) with the Trumotion on (you can choose between smooth or clear and adjust the de-judder slider, I don't remember what was set). There is also a AV game mode you can select which would prolly lower response time even more. As for the 3D, I am not a fan of 3D as it gives me headaches, I just got a TV with 3D functionality because of the PQ.

Also, as for gaming...I was concerned about noticing ghosting and it's safe to say there is no ghosting. I want to get more time playing games though, but until I find some time to really get some good gaming sessions in that is all I can say for now. I do not have much PS3 games but I will try GoW:A and Killzone 3 in the next day or 2 though I can't guarantee.

I purchased the TV from BB on sale (and also because of their easy to deal with return policy), I am a silver member so I have 60 days apparently to return the TV. I will try to post back with more impressions as soon as I can.

Hope I made some sense, I typed this with very little sleep lol.

Thanks for the quick info/review on the gaming part of the TV.. Though I do not have BB Silver membership (I still need like $2400 to qualify, and buying this TV will not do it lol), I think I will only get the standard 15 day return with the TV if I want to return for another model.

If you want to test out 3D games, here's the list of official 3D games on PS3 (most of the games have demos on PSN as wel)
http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/3d-games/

Another site with a list and "3D review score" of the titles
http://www.3dtested.com/3d-ps3-games-list/
post #14 of 404 Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the quick info/review on the gaming part of the TV.. Though I do not have BB Silver membership (I still need like $2400 to qualify, and buying this TV will not do it lol), I think I will only get the standard 15 day return with the TV if I want to return for another model.

If you want to test out 3D games, here's the list of official 3D games on PS3 (most of the games have demos on PSN as wel)

3D does not go well with me, gives me headache's pretty quickly. I would try it out for you, but I do not know if I would be the best resource for opinions since I rarely view 3D content.
post #15 of 404 Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteostro View Post

Also picked up this TV last week, and really starting to love it. Takes a bit to get used to the google TV, lots of options, but its pretty impressive. I like the remote, has a wii like function to move the cursor around the screen when you're working with apps (you can also use directional buttons) has a good keyboard on back. Loving the PIP feature where I can be in a google TV app but still watch TV. I "cut" the cord (well have basic cable now) and Google chrome (web browser) works great and I can watch allot of videos (including flash based) like HGTV (wife) and the Daily show. Also have amazon prime, so I can stream allot of shows for free.
Added an external 200gb HD to the USB port on the TV. Can store apps and media files (had to format it Fat32, use FAT32-Format windows application). Most apps can also access my NAS to play media.

Apps:
The poster above needs to get the Vimu player, plays every file I throw at it.
Also Mizuu a media center like app that will look @ all your files and download info about the movie/shows, along screen art and put it in a very eye pleasing way.

Mitty, just check it out..crazy....

The onlive app (lets you play computer games on the TV) is not working right now. Onlive tech support said they are working on it but no ETA.
Also had an issue with my Tivo premiere not getting the right channel codes from google TV for OTA channels (IR blaster sends whole numbers instead of 2.1, 2.2, 4.2 etc..), but now i have basic cable so that isn't a problem any more

So far this TV is doing exactly what I wanted to it do, allow me to cut most of my cable bill (just internet and basic cable now),saving me allot of $$$ and my wife approves, and can use it without much fuss smile.gif

Thanks for the advise on the apps. I will be checking them out see if they increase my experience. By all means if anyone has any additional apps they like to use on their GTV then please let us know. I know that I for one have Revision3 and a link to Ham Nation (a ham radio podcast) on my home screen as I watch them regularly.

I actually replaced my IR Blaster cable with a 3 way cable and have had no problems. I needed the 3 way because of the way my devices are aligned and I dont like having to use the 360 controller for my HDDVD movies.
post #16 of 404 Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

After having used the TV for a wile I am still loving it. I still am not happy with the way the menus work and by that I mean when yo go into settings to customize the picture and etcetera.

This TV is for my personal room for gaming and other things while the family watches the other TV. The big problem I have is when watching TV as I have my servers in this room as well. If anyone can point me to an app for an iPhone (sorry folks I like the iPhone over the Android phones, though that Samsung is getting very nice and my convert me) that will allow me to remote audio to headphones. I know the TV has a headphone port but I'd rather not have a cable stretched across the room.

Many of you have seen an update recently. This is a minor update with some fixes and you can read the change log on it for details. I have been told that it also includes some preparations for a bigger update that may come later this year, probably in the fall.

Now that I've had some chances to play with the double play functionality I can tell you that the whole idea is very awesome. The execution is a little poor though. You do on occasion see some ghosting of the other screen or something. I don't know if this is because you tilt you head or what. That said it is very playable and much better than split screen if you don't mind wearing the glasses.. The down side is the glasses are still difficult to fine. I think I paid $17USD for mine on Amazon as BestBuy at the time could not even order them. It is a set so the price isn't horrible but considering I can get 4 pair of 3D glasses for $12USD it's defiantly an increase.

There has been talk about making you own from an old pair of theater 3D. The problem there is that if you take the left lens out of one pair and put it in the right of another so that it fits, you have just flipped the polarization and now it's exactly the same as the on you took out. The only way to solve this is to just glue the lens on backwards. This does work but doesn't fit quit right so you get some light leaking around the corners and it just looks bad. In a pinch or to see if it's something you would use before you buy the official glasses it will work.

To date there is no root for this TV so you cant get in and do a lot of low-level tweaking. If this changes someone please post, and if I hear anything I will let you all know.

Calibration:

As always the TV out of the box is not calibrated anywhere near as an AV-phile would like. Currently I only have an LT1 color meter. I will be borrowing a much better meter and some better software and will try to get you some readings when I do a full reset and after I calibrate the TV. I'm not ISF certified by any means but I have access to some nice middle of the line equipment I will be using. I do not have any 3D calibrating equipment which does not matter as I saw no options for adjusting the 3D offsets of anything. Those are probably hidden in a service menu that has yet to be discovered. For the most part the 3D is aligned pretty well but there are some differences from film to film. This is more significant with webcast 3D stuff or videos you get from a GoPro3D setup. One big complaint about the 3D and this TV is the silver frame. It has no effect on negative 3D (is this -Z or + Z plane I forget) but with Positive 3D, things coming out of the screen, it does ruin some of the realism in my opinion. It's not as thin as some of the higher end LG cinema displays but if it were flat black it would have been a better choice.

I picked up a copy of Avatar 3D so tis will be my next test. It's my opinion that this is the most immersive 3D movie. It doesn't just throw 3D at you but creates an environment that seems to surround you. It seems when there is a lot of action in 3D the way it's done you try to focus on that 3D object and that causes the most eye strain. When things are done subtle like in Avatar you r eyes are more relaxed and you can enjoy the effect much more with out having to concentrate on it. If anyone know of other 3D Movies like that please let me know.

Sound is a bit of an issue for me. As I have said my game room is also my server room and I have 2 servers that are pretty loud. That said I have to have the TV volume up and because of the placement of the speakers other people in the house can hear my TV better than I can and it's disturbing to them. Obviously getting rid of the servers would be the best solution but one is my file server where I store all my movies so I don't have boxes of DVDs al over and the other is my firewall/vpn. So neither of those are going anywhere. I am looking for an app that will let me use my iPhone to receive audio and use headphones and I'm also considering an LG Sound bar so the speakers are facing front and not to the back or where ever they are now. Suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Web Content: I am using wireless 54G for my 360, tv, and my blu-ray player as well as 3 laptops in the house and several 3DSes and iPads. My router is by no means idle ever. For those who want to know it's a D-Link DIR825 running OpenWRT. Watching podcasts from both Revisions3 and Twit I have had no problems with lag, pixelation, sound desync, freezing or failing to play. This is pretty good because even with my boxee I had some issue. Web browsing was pretty smooth, though I think the rendering engine in chrome is a little out of date. I haven't tested that since the recent update to see if there were any fixes there. It's not slow but is noticeably slower than on a PC.

Streaming Content: Most of my content is in MP4 or MKV. I have had no problems with anything I have played in these formats so far with the exception of the AVSHD709 videos I mentioned in an earlier post. This includes 3D HSBS. I have not tried to play anything with SRT (subtitle) files yet but I don't expect it to read those. I have no doubt some of the other players in the play store are capable and I would be greatly surprised if the TV supported them natively but I'll give it a shot soon.

If you are interested in buying one of the LG GA series TVs and would like to to test something specific please let me know, I think it's a great TV and would like you to know all the facts before buying it. I'm hoping to get the good calibration tools in the next week or two and will report back on that.
post #17 of 404 Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Hey, so I tried Killzone 3 on this TV. Well first thing I noticed was how sharp this game looked, I was blown away (remember I am upgrading from a 3 year old LG 60hz 37inch" I got for under 400 bucks ALSO....I played it with Trumotion on, not sure the exact settings). The game looked really good, I tried out the 3D and I dont know how to really rate it since this is my first experience with a 3D capable TV (I have never even seen a fully 3D movie *gasp...I know!*). There were somethings that popped out i.e...hud and explosive effects and it ran smooth, though I do not know if this is a negative about 3D but the game seemed to lose some detail...prolly cause it's rendering two images so the resolution is lowered?

I turned on the setting within KZ3 menus. Overall so far, the tv seems to be a good gaming TV...I can't really complain...though I do agree with bmm about the menu, you have to dig a little to deep for some settings that should be easily accessible, but so far I am still enjoying this set. When I get time I may post some pics of some games if you want and if anyone else cares to see.
post #18 of 404 Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM

Oh I will have to rent KZ3 again if I get this TV. I rented it and played 2D when it came out, was pretty good. for a FPS the only 3D game I played (on my 22" Sony 3D monitor) was Resistance 3.. It was pretty cool how the HUD kinda floated in front of you and the enemies shots actually looksed like it was coming at you and your gun had some depth to it.

Oh and it looks like this TV will get upgraded to Jellybean update soon
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/05/15/google-bumps-google-tv-to-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean-lg-confirms-it-will-update-gtv-devices/
post #19 of 404 Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM

Just bought a new GA6400. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'd say I have a moderate amount of bleeding in three of the corners, particularly when the screen is dark or black. Should I replace it?
post #20 of 404 Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 PM

Hello Guys,

I ordered my GA6400 through Amazon and waiting for delivery. I figured I asked you a few questions.

1. Does this TV support WIDI or wireless display?
2. Did anyone get any luck with Redbox instant download? I know it is not stated to support it but I was wondering if it is just an app that you can download and whether it works?
3. Google yesterday announced that this they will update all their Google TV to Jelly bean 4.2. Has the update rolled out or is it still in progress.

Thanks all and enjoy your TV.
post #21 of 404 Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebedatious View Post

Just bought a new GA6400. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'd say I have a moderate amount of bleeding in three of the corners, particularly when the screen is dark or black. Should I replace it?

If it's bleeding enough to where you can notice it, I would. Especially 3 corners....I don't know how true but I hear bleeding gets better the more you use the TV, there is apparently a "break-in" period. Idk...in any event if its getting near your return limit I would get it replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alialarab View Post

Hello Guys,

I ordered my GA6400 through Amazon and waiting for delivery. I figured I asked you a few questions.

1. Does this TV support WIDI or wireless display?
2. Did anyone get any luck with Redbox instant download? I know it is not stated to support it but I was wondering if it is just an app that you can download and whether it works?
3. Google yesterday announced that this they will update all their Google TV to Jelly bean 4.2. Has the update rolled out or is it still in progress.

Thanks all and enjoy your TV.

1 - No Idea
2 - I can try to download it for you and let you know, but not sure.
3- Yup, I read this news and I am excited for this. However, the update will start rolling out within the coming months. It suppose to help with wider range of App support for G-TV and also push out updates faster. Chrome will be on the desktop update cycle.
post #22 of 404 Old 05-16-2013, 05:11 PM

Thanks C eclipse for the prompt response. You gotta love the fact that Google controls the update. This will ensure a good future for the device.
post #23 of 404 Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-eclipse View Post

I have been getting update notifications via the wifi, has anyone else got this? If so, did you download the update? What did it change...? I sorta don't want to update it and it fudges something up lol.

I've gotten a few updates so far, some were apps another was system related and I've done them all....i plan to do all the updates.
Quote:
The very first thing I did was turn this off (on ALL my TV's) I can't stand the way this makes all video look like a soap opera. Can be turned off in settings.

Where in settings? My wife hates this live motion effect and i can't figure it out!

Definitely waiting for that Jelly Bean roll-out......smile.gif
post #24 of 404 Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM

post #25 of 404 Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 AM

I was reading a review from one of the people who purchased this TV off of Amazon and he said he returned it when he tried watching Finding Nemo in 3D BluRay cause he said during scenes where there was fast movement, there was alot of blocking that showed up on screen. He said it's because of the 120 MHz motion speed. Can someone who has this TV and a BluRay player ty watching Finding Nemo in 3D to confirm or deny this? I love everything about this TV and am excited about the Jelly Bean update, but if the 120MHz is an issue, there really won't be any updates they can do to resolve this...THanks in Advance:)
post #26 of 404 Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 PM

hi, i got the 47GA6450 but i see no play credit is there something missing? the tv did not come with any documentation about it. confused.gif
post #27 of 404 Old 06-14-2013, 05:55 PM

Liked: 24
From the LG site about the $50 google play ...

To redeem the offer, after making an eligible purchase, go to www.LGusa.com/googleplay and follow the instructions provided to indicate the LG Google TV model purchased, and fully complete and upload the online claim form. All claims must be submitted online within 30 days from date of purchase. Proper documentation must be provided for gift with purchase processing, including a valid e-mail address, proof of purchase and product serial number.

How is the set from Sam's ?? WIth the 6200 and 6205 the only difference is the 6205 comes with the magic remote. Is there anything other than the $50 credit that comes with this model from Sams ??
zero313 likes this.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #28 of 404 Old 06-14-2013, 07:47 PM

my 47GA6450 is from sams and i don't see any difference between this and the 6400 from BB , I never saw the 6200. sorry and THX for the info.
post #29 of 404 Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM

Liked: 24
I'm really on the fence between this TV and the 6200. I've been a long time Samsung fan but in all of the reviews I've been looking at, the Passive 3D on the LG's actually gets better reviews. I am going to put the new TV In a basement man cave with black out shades on the small windows so light isn't a problem. I will be doing a good mix of TV, 3D movies, Games (more so when the PS4 comes out) and of course NFL Sunday Ticket. One big gripe I hear from people is the menus on this tv with the RF blaster. Is that something I can forgo and just use the standard DirecTv menu ? Also has anyone else had problems such as the ones referenced in post #25 ? I will be buying from Best Buy since I'm a silver reward zone member. Hopefully will be getting one or the other within the next week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #30 of 404 Old 06-17-2013, 04:46 AM

Hi
I am considering this TV set as well
Can anyone comment:
1-does it have NFC Tag on?
2-does it support Miracast and WiDi?
Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 50ga6400 50 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses , Lg Electronics 47ga6400 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses
Gear in this thread - 50ga6400 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page