Sony Customer Service sucks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'll preface this with this isn't a rant but rather my trying to let would be buyers know how Sony rolls these days.

Owner of 2 65" 950 sets and was trying to buy 6 pair of the 3D Ti glassses. In the Sony customer service column on the TI750 3D glasses coming damaged out of the box. Long story short, couldn't get warranty set up over the phone with any kind of assurances and rude reps. Filed with the NY BBB and Sony has someone from the Philippines call with no interest and a email back today from the NY BBB. Basically Sony said they called me multiple times (lie #1), they offered replacement and to pay shipping (lie #2), and then when I questioned the guy on the calling me, he played dumb first and then lied about more stuff. I responded I was recording the call as I can in TX legally for claims court, and heard him mutter "yeah right" under his breath and say he didn't authorize the call to be recorded. I am appalled at how they handle customer time and show such little regard for big dollar items ($100/pair 3D glasses included).

Thought I'd share Incase customer support is important to anyone on here. Evidently it isn't to Sony. Sad as TV choices are getting slimmer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It's unfortunate you experienced poor customer support, however one incident does not account for the rest of their customer service quality.

I've had similar problems with other major companies (getting my Samsung refrigerator fixed was the worst I've dealt with!)

But I've also had my Samsung phone fixed with no issues with their CS. Also, when I needed to replace my Sony Rear projection LCD, it was a breeze.

Even though there are people who will make it a pain in the a$$ to deal with, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Sony television because of their quality in products.

Customer service is a hit and miss IMO.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
MBarettt, I feel for you, truly do. Between your numerous exchanges and now glasses fiasco, it must be a nightmare. But you are beating a dead horse here. How many times can you post the same rant over and over and now starting a new thread just to rant again? truth be told, they all suck at customer service nowadays. You had a bad experience with Sony, but go in any thread and there will be someone saying the exact same thing, only about Samsung or Panasonic or LG, etc, etc. do yourself a favor and move on. You will enjoy your tvs all the more if you stop working yourself into the same tizzy that you have been posting about since last year.
post #4 of 16 Old 04-04-2013, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

These are separate issues. TVs were last year. Glasses these last 2 months.

I have moved on and am buying 3rd party 3D glasses and am done with Sony. I've also got a surprise in store for Sony, but that's not a big deal to post about. Yes, many others are bad, but Sony doesn't make Any of what they sell. They outsource the work to other companies. I'm only illustrating beginning to end on multiple points of contact. But the biggest point is they are now Lying to public agencies about what they are doing. Others deliver bad service, and seems to be which has the least poor service.

My point simply was if you're comfortable with buying from a company that is going to lie to their customers, have at it. And I've tried to work this on different items with them lately and several others have posted similar results. It won't be mentioned again because I've moved on and future purchases will avoid Sony. They are too lazy to earn my business. biggrin.gif
post #5 of 16 Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Every company outsources and they aren't trying to hide that. But Sony is a large supplier of major components.

We've lived to this point with governments continually lying to their citizens. So I'm totally fine with Sony thank you very much.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Liked: 11
Panasonic isn't that much better. It took 40 days and countless calls before I got a refund.

In general, except a few places (Amazon, some dept stores, some restaurants), customer service in the US is absolutely awful compared to Asia.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-05-2013, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Agree Mengqui. Nothing is perfect, but when integrity goes, so does a lot else.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 AM

Liked: 10
DO NOT BUY A SONY TELEVISION!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TRULY DISGUSTING! HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FIRSTLY WITH THE PRODUCT THEN WITH REPAIRS THEN WITH REPLACEMENTS. SONY TELEVISIONS ARE NOT WHAT THEY USE TO BE. I WOULD NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT AGAIN. AS MUCH AS I LIKE MY PS3 IM SELLING IT TO GET THE NEW XBOX ONE IN PROTEST ! BE WARNED. IF YOU BUY A SONY PRODUCT YOU BETTER DO SOME THOROUGH RESEARCH ON THE MODEL AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE PARTING WITH YOUR MONEY
post #9 of 16 Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey, saregama,,,,,,,..... Please do us all a favor, Chill Out... If I were to ban every thing and every one Im not satisfied with 100% of the time. Id have to love in a grass hut......
post #10 of 16 Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Opps, live in a grass hut.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM

Liked: 10
Thanks but the level of service is simply unacceptable from sony. Its not that they are a small start up company. It was my mistake actually, my decision to buy the sony tv was based on past experience which was going waaaay back. jeez things have changed lol.. I still wont buy sony again until their customer service levels improve
post #12 of 16 Old 06-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by saregama View Post

DO NOT BUY A SONY TELEVISION!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TRULY DISGUSTING! HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FIRSTLY WITH THE PRODUCT THEN WITH REPAIRS THEN WITH REPLACEMENTS. SONY TELEVISIONS ARE NOT WHAT THEY USE TO BE. I WOULD NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT AGAIN. AS MUCH AS I LIKE MY PS3 IM SELLING IT TO GET THE NEW XBOX ONE IN PROTEST ! BE WARNED. IF YOU BUY A SONY PRODUCT YOU BETTER DO SOME THOROUGH RESEARCH ON THE MODEL AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE PARTING WITH YOUR MONEY

Good afternon!

This is Kevin Krause from Sony Support USA. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had with Sony's customer service. I would be more than willing to look into your file for you to make sure that everything was handled correctly. Please send me an email to Sonylistens@am.sony.com. In that email, please include a description of the issues you are having, any event ID numbers you may have, and your contact information.

Thank you,
Kevin Krause
Sony Support USA
post #13 of 16 Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyListens View Post

Good afternon!

This is Kevin Krause from Sony Support USA. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had with Sony's customer service. I would be more than willing to look into your file for you to make sure that everything was handled correctly. Please send me an email to Sonylistens@am.sony.com. In that email, please include a description of the issues you are having, any event ID numbers you may have, and your contact information.

Thank you,
Kevin Krause
Sony Support USA

Kevin,

I sent you an email too and never heard back. There were issues with the 3D glasses I bought and Sony gave me the run around for over 5 hours on the phone over the course of two days. It's sad to say, but Sony lacks any kind of integrity these days. Only when the company is called out do they respond by doing damage control. Like the above poster stated, I'm also selling both my PS3 units off and purchasing the Xbox One and phasing Sony out of my household. You guys used to be a force to be reckoned with. Now it seems that isn't the case anymore. From a hardware quality front and especially a customer service front. Too little too late seems to come to mind when I hear Sony these days.
post #14 of 16 Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi BarrettF77,

Can you please provide your event number? I would like to take a look at your file and see if we can do anything to resolve the issue that you had.

Thank you,
Kevin Krause
Sony Support USA
post #15 of 16 Old 06-07-2013, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have it anymore. Sony s office of the president basically refused to do anything about the 4 pair of Ti 750
Series 3d glasses I bought that were defective / damaged out of the box. Because of the endless run around and inability to get new pair replacements, I returned the glasses back to the reseller.

I don't know what solution can be made now. The damage is done and the glasses discontinued.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Any luck finding or desire to resolve Kevin? Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page