post #272 of 757 Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ands View Post

Is this in a living room with windows?
Yes.....I have the TV temporarily on a entertainment stand in my living room with 2 large windows to the right of the TV where sunlight comes in and the sun sets on that side too and still no glare.I really like this tv,the game tonight looked very good.Also I like to add that the tv is hooked up to my Rotel line conditioner in the digital filtered section,so maybe this helps the awesome picture i see too.
post #273 of 757 Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Funny, I just bought it off Amazon about an hour ago. $881 plus $129 for a 5 year warranty. Had to get that warranty, my Samsung tv is 5 years old and has been in the shop twice and this last time they said 900 for repair.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
post #274 of 757 Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take-2 View Post

Yes.....I have the TV temporarily on a entertainment stand in my living room with 2 large windows to the right of the TV where sunlight comes in and the sun sets on that side too and still no glare.I really like this tv,the game tonight looked very good.Also I like to add that the tv is hooked up to my Rotel line conditioner in the digital filtered section,so maybe this helps the awesome picture i see too.

Nice. I got the 50 inch and i have the windows on the left side and content where it's black i see a lot of glare.

In the night it's even bad cause i have the lights near my couch and it pretty much is reflected on the screen. Wondering if they are using the same screen on all sizes?
post #275 of 757 Old 06-04-2013, 02:44 PM

it this model better than the LM6400?
post #276 of 757 Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ands View Post

Is the glare too much on this TV? Is there any other 2013 LG Model which has matte screen

Yes, it has a gloss screen with significant glare. I have the 47LA6200 in my master bedroom and I'm not certain I would want it in any environment where I didn't have significant light control.
post #277 of 757 Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 PM

I replaced a faulty 55LM6400 with a 55LM6205 (basically a 6200 with magic remote). The image quality is much better. This tv doesn't have the flash lighting the edge lit does. I've noticed three glaring issues:

1. No medialink
2. Occasional freeze ups when performing voice searches or in built in smart apps
3. Shaky 3D. noticable on static things like text or menus. Images wobble up and down.

Can anyone else verify number 3? I'm wondering if I might have received a bad set.
post #278 of 757 Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

Yes, it has a gloss screen with significant glare. I have the 47LA6200 in my master bedroom and I'm not certain I would want it in any environment where I didn't have significant light control.

I have it in living room and notice a lot of glare but looks like most of the new models are glossy. I am unable to find one which isn't.
post #279 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 AM

Hi guys, anyone can confirm whether this LA6200 has Local Dimming? Going to buy this set but need to confirm the Local Dimming, how's the black level?
post #280 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsunami View Post

Hi guys, anyone can confirm whether this LA6200 has Local Dimming? Going to buy this set but need to confirm the Local Dimming, how's the black level?

No local dimming but the set is rear lit not edge lit.
post #281 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:

no local dimming.

Only LA6900 and up have this feature. LED+/ Edge lit with Local dimming
post #282 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:

You might want to consider how important this is to you. LED+, LG's version of local dimming on an edge lit sets, is not the same as the true local dimming you would find on a full array back lit set. I suspect the overwhelming majority of ISF calibrators would leave this feature disabled.
post #283 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 07:00 AM

Liked: 24
I've been looking and reading up on all the new TV's. I was initially going to go with Samsung as I have two others in my house. An older LCD and a newer LED. But all things considered, I think LG will be the way to go for my new man cave. My only question is, this is the lower end of the LG lineup with the 6900 (I believe) being the top. For average viewing, some gaming, 3D movies and most of all NFL Sunday Ticket.. Would I REALLY get anything more out of the higher end sets ? I don't like the "soap opera" look of the motion plus so will most likely keep that turned off if that makes opinions easier to give.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #284 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM

Liked: 13
I have the 47LA6200 and use it for everything you will. I don't like the SOE but you have full control over it. I turn trumotion on for sports and it really helps. I really like this TV everything I need and want.
post #285 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic View Post

I've been looking and reading up on all the new TV's. I was initially going to go with Samsung as I have two others in my house. An older LCD and a newer LED. But all things considered, I think LG will be the way to go for my new man cave. My only question is, this is the lower end of the LG lineup with the 6900 (I believe) being the top. For average viewing, some gaming, 3D movies and most of all NFL Sunday Ticket.. Would I REALLY get anything more out of the higher end sets ? I don't like the "soap opera" look of the motion plus so will most likely keep that turned off if that makes opinions easier to give.

This a mid-tier, not lower level TV. The 6900 is one notch up from this, the 6900 is not an upper tier set. With the 6900 you get 2.1 audio (desirable), Cinema screen (desirable, except I don't care for the silver trim, I much prefer the 6200's color scheme) and LED+, LG's "smart" version of local dimming (that I would probably disable). The 6200 is direct lit, the 6200 edge lit....pros and cons for each back lighting system.
post #286 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghouse99 View Post

This TV seems to have record facility in some countries. Its called time machine feature. Do you know if there is a way to access service menu and enable it?

Here is the link that mentions the feature for LA6200

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-55LA6200

I bought the service remote and tried to enable this feature as well as AC3 5.1 optical output. Unfortunately, had no luck on both counts.

1. DVR - that option is greyed out in the EZ Adjust menu. It's possible that it only appears if a USB hard drive is plugged in, so I will check it out again.

2. AC3 - the menu item "AC3 EDID..." where one would set AC3 output is absent. There is something similar in Tool Option 6 - EDID Coding, but a change from PCM to AC3 made no difference, at least I still can't get 5.1 sound from netflix.
post #287 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 03:51 PM

Am I correct that the 55 LA6205 sold at Sam's Club/Costco is the same model with the only difference being the included magic motion remote ?

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #288 of 757 Old 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Am I correct that the 55 LA6205 sold at Sam's Club/Costco is the same model with the only difference being the included magic motion remote ?

Yes.
post #289 of 757 Old 06-09-2013, 01:42 PM

I just called and I'm going to exchange my 60LA6200 for another one. I loved everything about the set except the banding and dirty screen effect (DSE). It was just terrible and made playing some of my games impossible because it was so distracting. F-Zero (Wii U Virtual Console) with the gray road surface was just painful with all the dirty splotches. Even with normal TV viewing it was getting to the point where I could see it on at least half of all content. I don't know if if got worse as time went on or I just got better at noticing it but I realized I was just going to be miserable so I called Amazon. They were wonderful to deal with. If the replacement has the same problem, I'm at the point where I'll just return it and get a new bulb for my old Rear-pro. That set was far from perfect but at least the image was relatively CLEAN, green tinting or no.
post #290 of 757 Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Did anyone elses 6200 come with an NFC tag? I couldnt find one in the box and I was under the impression that I would get one when I ordered it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
post #291 of 757 Old 06-11-2013, 07:36 AM

I went and looked at the 55 LA6205 at Sams Club yesterday. It had the magic remote out and glasses available. Overall loved the picture but have a question about the 3D.. on the smaller model from last year it seemed very crisp and clear where the 3D on the 6205 seemed "blurry" for lack of a better term. I'm not sure if thats what people mean when they talk about crosstalk, but it seemed like I was still seeing both images on the screen with the glasses on. Of course this was a shelf system that who-knows how many people have messed with it. But just to ease my mind, properly set up the 3D is pretty good. right ??

post #292 of 757 Old 06-11-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:

I went and looked at the 55 LA6205 at Sams Club yesterday. It had the magic remote out and glasses available. Overall loved the picture but have a question about the 3D.. on the smaller model from last year it seemed very crisp and clear where the 3D on the 6205 seemed "blurry" for lack of a better term. I'm not sure if thats what people mean when they talk about crosstalk, but it seemed like I was still seeing both images on the screen with the glasses on. Of course this was a shelf system that who-knows how many people have messed with it. But just to ease my mind, properly set up the 3D is pretty good. right ??

- Yes, crosstalk is when you can see both sets of images instead of a single 3D one.

- In my experience with this model, the 3D is just as good as it was with any other passive 3D set. i.e. fine.

- The angle at which you view the screen can greatly affect this. At my Sam's, most of the TVs are on two "tiers": One is below eye-level and the other is above, so you have to look down or up slightly to see the center of the screens. Passive 3D works best when the viewer is at the same eye-level as the screen, or the screen is tilted enough to have the same outcome. If your eye gets too far above or below the screen and you are viewing it at a vertical angle, you will get severe crosstalk, so maybe that is why you had a problem.
post #293 of 757 Old 06-11-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp0887 View Post

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about

How did you take this picture? Did you do it on an input where nothing was installed or with a test picture/slide from a calibration disk? Or did you try to do this when you were watching a movie and you thought the screen was dark? Big difference.
post #294 of 757 Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Picture was taken on an empty input
post #295 of 757 Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM

Got my replacement 60LA6200 in. Within seconds of hooking it up I could see a clearly defined band running vertically right through the center of the screen. And of course there is a lot of light leakage from the bottom two corners which doesn't even make sense on a rear-lit set. Totally worse than the stinker I just returned.

I'm pretty angry right now and I'm done with LG.

I just want a 60" with screen uniformity issues that are not painfully evident and no buzzing. It boggles my mind how hard this is to obtain. I've been at this over a year now.
post #296 of 757 Old 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM

I have not had any issues with my 47".

I'm still very impressed with this TV especially for the price.
post #297 of 757 Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 AM

even though it is a different model number the associates at bestbuy and futureshop have yet had an issue for me to match prices with the identical model specification wise. But that is the reason that companies like costco and sams club do this yet when you look at the futureshop exclusives they seem to be a one up on the base model eg more hdmi slots an a step up on motion flow technology from 240 to 600 for example.
post #298 of 757 Old 06-16-2013, 02:22 AM

Hello everyone. First time poster here who just purchased my 47" LA6200 3 days ago.

I spent a lot of time reading reviews online as well as the thread here before taking the plunge, since this TV immediately caught my eye comparatively to others I saw at Best Buy and Sears. This is also my first digital TV, having my trusty 10 year old Sony Trinitron Wega tube TV finally die on me last week. I loved that TV - great HD picture on all sources, but at 180lbs it was time to gain some much needed living room space. As great as that TV was, there's really no comparison, at least on Blue Ray and HD sources. The LA6200's picture is staggering! Beautiful crisp, vibrant picture with exceptional detail. Overall, I'm extremely pleased. biggrin.gif

Having said that, however, there are a few issues so far that may or may not be easily remedied, so I'm hoping for some input. As stated, I'm relatively new to this technology:

1. Enclosed Remote: for starters, I can't get the remote to control my Verizon FIOs cable/channels. The initial LG setup asks you various questions about your provider, provider's location, cable box manufacturer, etc., then gives you 4 choices of remotes to try on channel up button. None worked for me. The cable box is only connected to the TV via HDMI input 1 right now. Do I need to connect a coaxial out as well? I tried that initially but still couldn't switch cable channels with it, as it kept telling me I could only do so if I went to TV antenna input. The remote works fine controlling all other functions of the TV. Or is the Magic remote the only one that can control cable box? One other thing: I really dislike the design of the remote, with the blue Smart button right above recessed arrow buttons. Find myself accidentally hitting it again and again.

2. Limited INs/Outs: Truthfully, this is probably a blessing in disguise, as it's forcing me to retire some old components that get very little use. (VCR, CD changer, turntable, cassette deck!). Just means the odd format AV material I occasionally play will need to be converted, and this might be the shot in the arse I need to finally get it done. My previous setup was a wiring clusterf**k, since the Sony Trinitron only had 1 HDMI input so I had to use a HDMI splitter, but it had a multitude of different INs/Outs that enabled me to hook about up 9 different components. Naturallly, my Logitech Universal never did control every one of them, so I was still juggling different remotes. Current setup with LG is FIOS cable (input 1 HDMI), DVD-R (component YGB), Apple TV (HDMI 2), and PS3 (HDMI 3), with all audio out via optical to my Denon receiver. Still, wouldn't mind another component or composite input.

3. No iPhone 5/Mac Support: I must admit a Smart TV wasn't really a selling point for me, as I have more than enough devices to surf the net, e-mail, etc. that likely do a better job at it. But having it now, I like the options available. I don't like that there isn't an app yet for controlling the TV with an iPhone 5. Come on, LG, get with the program! iPhone 5 has been out for over 7 months now. Several other options are not Mac compatible either it seems (SmartShare), as I hooked up a couple of my external USB hard drives but couldn't access the content.

4. Streaming: some have reported some issues using a network to stream content via the TV vs. other options like Apple TV and PS3. I happen to own an AppleTV and PS3, so there's some redundancy there at least with certain offerings like Netflix. I tested streaming Netflix HD content from all 3 devices, and found performance to be consistent with one another. Very good. The only issue I encountered was when I streamed 3D content from the LG's available programs. The screen would buffer often. Note that I have FIOS throughout the home via wireless Airport Extreme/Airline transmitters, so perhaps hard wiring via an Ethernet connection direct to the TV would help?

5. DSE/Vertical banding: I've been reading about the effect, and yeah, this TV displays it, particularly on sporting events where the camera's panning across a grass field or sky. Is this inherent in most LEDs?

Color Uniformity: color and picture are outstanding, as mentioned, but I do notice a very slight inconsistency in color from left to right, It's really only evident in images of a full background white or very light tint, (i.e. graphics, menu pages), where the right side of the screen displays an ever so slight pinkish cast comparatively to the left side. Changing the viewing angle helps a little, but it's still there. I haven't done a true calibration yet, as I've only adjusted color according to suggestions made here and the Picture Wizard. Could adjusting white balance or other parameters help?

Sorry for the long post. I don't want it to sound all negative. I really do love the LA6200 overall, and for the price (I paid $748), it smoked every other TV I looked at. But I just want to determine of some or all of these issues I've mentioned are fixable or grounds for returning it.
post #299 of 757 Old 06-16-2013, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
DSE is inherent in most led televisions but LG seems to really struggle in this catagory. I have had 11 different tvs in the last year due to this issue and have accepted it as part of the technology..
post #300 of 757 Old 06-16-2013, 06:45 PM

has anyone tried using dual play? how do you use it in the 2013 model? I can't seem to find the dual play option. bummer.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 55 Inch Class Cinema 3d Smart Led Tv Smartv 55lm6400 , Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share , Lg Electronics 39ln5700 39 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Lg Electronics 47la6200 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page