Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 745 Old 08-23-2014, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob View Post
The tech just came out and replaced the mainboard, wiring harness and tape. He said he sees this problem all the time and they all fail the same way. Lg has a service bulletin out there for this exact problem. Mines fixed now.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Did the tech mention if this particular fault is likely to show sooner as opposed to later? Any particular patterns of operation that are associated with the issue? It'd be nice if it was less likely to occur after a certain term of use. I should start putting more hours on my LA6200 in hopes that if it goes, it goes while under warranty.

My first LA6200 died after about four hours of use; I hope my luck has turned with the replacement.

Last edited by JackN; 08-23-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 745 Old 08-23-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
Did the tech mention if this particular fault is likely to show sooner as opposed to later? Any particular patterns of operation that are associated with the issue? It'd be nice if it was less likely to occur after a certain term of use. I should start putting more hours on my LA6200 in hopes that if it goes, it goes while under warranty.
He said mine was the first he had seen go outside of the factory warranty. He said it would be a $250 repair without my lg extended warranty.

Here is the gist of the problem, faulty tape. Underspecced adhesive on the tape. The service bulletin explains that due to the tv getting hot and then cooling down each time the tv turns on and off the tape eventually looses adhesion. The tape in question holds the wiring harness between the main board (where hdmi ports are) and the power supply. The weight of the cable starts to pull down on the connectors between the 2 parts and eventually through expansion and contraction the connections breaks. He said thats why the tv would turn on and then heat up which in turn breaks the connection between the harness and the board. He also said the wiring harness was under specced as well so he replaced that. He also replaced the main board. He said all three parts are for the bulletin. The firmware on is different than what is currently out.

post #723 of 745 Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
He said mine was the first he had seen go outside of the factory warranty. He said it would be a $250 repair without my lg extended warranty.

That's encouraging; hopefully, the warranty's got me covered (I've about three months left). In your first post about this problem, you mentioned your 6200 showed this issue before a year's time; wasn't the factory warranty still in effect?

Quote:
Here is the gist of the problem, faulty tape. Underspecced adhesive on the tape. The service bulletin explains that due to the tv getting hot and then cooling down each time the tv turns on and off the tape eventually looses adhesion. The tape in question holds the wiring harness between the main board (where hdmi ports are) and the power supply. The weight of the cable starts to pull down on the connectors between the 2 parts and eventually through expansion and contraction the connections breaks. He said thats why the tv would turn on and then heat up which in turn breaks the connection between the harness and the board. He also said the wiring harness was under specced as well so he replaced that. He also replaced the main board. He said all three parts are for the bulletin. The firmware on is different than what is currently out.

Very informative, thanks.

It'd almost be tempting to check for this if signs of the problem appear. But: I wouldn't know where to look, and some degree of dismantling would probably be required...and I wouldn't want to get fried touching some capacitor, etc.

I guess I'll just have to go on hoping for the best.
post #724 of 745 Old 08-24-2014, 12:26 AM

I was mistaken about being inside my manufactured warranty period. I looked it up and I had purchased the tv last JUNE.

He said that there is a way to tell if the back cover has been removed. Instant warranty void. But if you are outside of warranty there is really nothing to the removal to check the issue. Take ALL the screws off the back and 2 from the bottom near the mount. If it is the first time for removal the back will need to be jiggled a bit to get it to come off. The inside is basically hollow. The main board is basically a 6x6 board. The harness is 12-14" long and goes to the PSU which is even smaller than the main board. There is also 3rd board which I imagine is related to ethernet and back panel connections. That is it it. I was quite suprised to see so little.

post #725 of 745 Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 AM

Quote:
I was mistaken about being inside my manufactured warranty period. I looked it up and I had purchased the tv last JUNE.

He said that there is a way to tell if the back cover has been removed. Instant warranty void. But if you are outside of warranty there is really nothing to the removal to check the issue. Take ALL the screws off the back and 2 from the bottom near the mount. If it is the first time for removal the back will need to be jiggled a bit to get it to come off. The inside is basically hollow. The main board is basically a 6x6 board. The harness is 12-14" long and goes to the PSU which is even smaller than the main board. There is also 3rd board which I imagine is related to ethernet and back panel connections. That is it it. I was quite suprised to see so little.

Interesting. I looked over a few pictures of the inside of LGs--couldn't find a 6200--to get a sense of the innards. They do seem to be fairly basic in their connections. Did you notice if the cables use a kind of clip-on connector type? I've done a little work with PCs; much the same ball game, it appears.

It'd be interesting to know whether your 6200 could have been returned to a working state simply by tightening up the connections and re-taping the wires...without any of the component swap outs.

If I'm ever out of warranty with a failed set, it'd probably be worth a quick look at the wiring harness, main board and PSU connections.

Thanks again!
post #726 of 745 Old 08-24-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I looked over a few pictures of the inside of LGs--couldn't find a 6200--to get a sense of the innards. They do seem to be fairly basic in their connections. Did you notice if the cables use a kind of clip-on connector type? I've done a little work with PCs; much the same ball game, it appears.

It'd be interesting to know whether your 6200 could have been returned to a working state simply by tightening up the connections and re-taping the wires...without any of the component swap outs.

If I'm ever out of warranty with a failed set, it'd probably be worth a quick look at the wiring harness, main board and PSU connections.

Thanks again!
If you are familiar with IDE style ribbon cables then that is kind of what the cable looks like and has a similiar connector just smaller.

post #727 of 745 Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primestar31 View Post
New firmware download available! 05.07.01

I've loaded it and power cycled the tv. I don't know what this one does. I sure wish LG would provide changelogs...
Is everyone seeing this version?

I'm still on 05.06.17 with no update available.
post #728 of 745 Old 08-26-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
If you are familiar with IDE style ribbon cables then that is kind of what the cable looks like and has a similiar connector just smaller.

Awesome sauce.
post #729 of 745 Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande8150 View Post

Weird. Maybe they pulled it down after discovering some issues with it.

Or are you looking at the website (it usually lags behind the direct to tv downloads)?
post #730 of 745 Old 08-26-2014, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Weird. Maybe they pulled it down after discovering some issues with it.

Or are you looking at the website (it usually lags behind the direct to tv downloads)?
No, was checking from the TV.
post #731 of 745 Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
No, was checking from the TV.

Huh. Well, odds are it's better to be you in this scenario. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they roll out the next update.
post #732 of 745 Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I'm not having any issues since I installed the new firmware, but I have no idea what if anything it "fixed" or added.

My tv is a 42LA6200-UA from last year.
post #733 of 745 Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 PM

Im currently on 5.01.04. How current is that?

post #734 of 745 Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just bought the 6205 last week from Best Buy. It's the family's first HD TV, so we're pretty excited

There is one issue - the TV can't seem to reliably stay connected to the internet via WiFi. Some days it just won't work no matter how many times I re-enter the password, turn it off and back on, etc. Has anybody else had this issue? I am on the latest firmware.
post #735 of 745 Old 09-02-2014, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiestn View Post
Just bought the 6205 last week from Best Buy. It's the family's first HD TV, so we're pretty excited

There is one issue - the TV can't seem to reliably stay connected to the internet via WiFi. Some days it just won't work no matter how many times I re-enter the password, turn it off and back on, etc. Has anybody else had this issue? I am on the latest firmware.
There's a few other posts here with the same problem, I'm not sure if a new firmware ever fixed it, but you should check if there's a newer one and load it. My tv is hard-wired, and I don't have any issues. If you can, run an Ethernet cable to it and do the firmware check. If ones is there, download and install it. Afterwards turn the set OFF, then do a power-cord pull reset for 20 seconds or so.
post #736 of 745 Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting an x1 for this TV what are the best TV settings .thanks 50la6210 btw
post #737 of 745 Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I bought mine from amazon, the LG 42LA6200, last year on
8-12-13.
Last week mine also went into "Blink" mode.
Today 9-11-14 at 5:50 pm est. The 6200 went into Rapid Blinking--On Off many times.

Unplug for a few min. changed to different plug.
Worked for maybe 5 min.
Now it's been unplug'd for 30 min.

This thing has worked flawlessly for over a year.
It's a real shame!!
Thank's CHINA.

Now I think i'll put my 3 lb hammer to work.

Mark
post #738 of 745 Old 09-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Well
I got so mad I took it apart.
I took some pictures of the mother board and the lines.

Everyting felt cool, I guess it should since it's been off for an hour and a half.

Let's see if the pictures will show up.
I'm tired I put 8 sensor's on my s-10 --1997.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0911141905-00.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	258370   Click image for larger version

Name:	0911141905-01.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	258378   Click image for larger version

Name:	0911141905-02.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	258386   Click image for larger version

Name:	0911141906-00.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	258394  
post #739 of 745 Old 09-11-2014, 06:31 PM

I had to put it back together.
Now it works!!

I made sure all the ribbon cables & Cables in general were "Firm" when I
pushed to see if the connection felt right.
It seemed that the blue one on the MB moved just a little.

I did find the MB so I'm ready if it starts "Blinking' again.

Mark
post #740 of 745 Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 AM

One other thing
The Power cable is in Vertical Position facing DOWN.

Gravity.

That could easily cause blinking if it comes a little loose over time.

After a few days of my fix on my 42" LA6200,everything is working as if
nothing had ever happened!!

Mark
post #741 of 745 Old 09-15-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB49 View Post
One other thing
The Power cable is in Vertical Position facing DOWN.

Gravity.

That could easily cause blinking if it comes a little loose over time.

After a few days of my fix on my 42" LA6200,everything is working as if
nothing had ever happened!!

Mark

Many thanks for your post and pics; I'm preparing a road map should this common issue present on my set outside the warranty period.

Did you find that any of the securing tape had come loose? Did you replace it? If I follow, the connection that seemed loose on yours was the blue connector as it attaches to the side of the mother board? That does look like a "gravity vulnerable" point.

I imagine many of these cables get a head start on loosening up during shipping...

Glad to hear you're up and running again.

By the way, what's your screen dimension? Could have a bearing on cable lengths inside the unit, weight on tape and connectors due to distance spanned between internal components, etc.

Last edited by JackN; 09-16-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: clarity
post #742 of 745 Old 09-16-2014, 07:53 PM

Mine is a 42" model. The power line is kinda short also. I did have the unit open for at least an hour that day.
You know that cable connections "click" together.
Shipping from a slow boat from china can take it's toll and the pot holes all over the
U.S.A. doesn't help much either !!
My LG got here in 1 day,8-13-13.
The FED-EX guy "Bounced it off the truck floor"
I said would you do that to your TV ?? I did take the delivery. Tested for 5 days in a row.
No problems at that time.

Mark
post #743 of 745 Old 09-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Mine is a 42" model. The power line is kinda short also. I did have the unit open for at least an hour that day.
You know that cable connections "click" together.
Shipping from a slow boat from china can take it's toll and the pot holes all over the
U.S.A. doesn't help much either !!
My LG got here in 1 day,8-13-13.
The FED-EX guy "Bounced it off the truck floor"
I said would you do that to your TV ?? I did take the delivery. Tested for 5 days in a row.
No problems at that time.

Mark

Likewise a 42 Inch Model here... I'm hoping the law of averages has given me an edge. My first 6200 died within a few hours after a loud popping, followed by video noise over component and a buzzing sound in the audio from the TV's video out. My second unit vanished somewhere in Wal-mart's ship-to-store process. My third, so far, is a dependable performer. Hope it lasts, as 3D in a unit this size is hard to find now! The Cinema 3D "LB6500," which looks to have occupied the 6200's position in LG's product line in 2014 doesn't seem to have been released in the US.

When this one eventually goes, it's going to have to be a much larger---and more expensive model--if 3D is still a thing at all...

Last edited by JackN; 09-21-2014 at 04:34 PM.
post #744 of 745 Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 PM

Jack
Are there any 4k TV's with 3D ??
post #745 of 745 Old 09-21-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Jack
Are there any 4k TV's with 3D ??

Seems so, and available at dimensions a hair smaller than the 1080p models; I found the LG UB8500 in a 49 inch. Farther down is a chart with suggestions from other manufacturers that list 3D with 4k tech. Still, it'd be nice to find 3D in smaller panels.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00II6VY2G/...ter_B00J8BO6P2

Last edited by JackN; 09-21-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 55 Inch Class Cinema 3d Smart Led Tv Smartv 55lm6400 , Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share , Lg Electronics 39ln5700 39 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Lg Electronics 47la6200 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page