Anyone bought LG LA6200? - Page 26 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 775 Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone who uses the K400 Keyboard (or maybe any keyboard) with this TV know if there's a trick to access the settings menu or smart menu with just the keyboard? I tried a bunch of stuff to no avail but just thought I'd ask in case I missed something, or there's some weird key combo that would only be found through hours of fiddling. I'm assuming you just have to use the remote to bring up those menus. Would be nice if by pushing the mouse cursor to the bottom or side of the screen made a menu bar pop up to let you select what you wanted to access.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 775 Old 11-11-2014, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by YadGadge View Post
Anyone who uses the K400 Keyboard (or maybe any keyboard) with this TV know if there's a trick to access the settings menu or smart menu with just the keyboard? I tried a bunch of stuff to no avail but just thought I'd ask in case I missed something, or there's some weird key combo that would only be found through hours of fiddling. I'm assuming you just have to use the remote to bring up those menus. Would be nice if by pushing the mouse cursor to the bottom or side of the screen made a menu bar pop up to let you select what you wanted to access.
Hummm, I don't know as I've never tried it. I've always used the remote to bring up the menu's, and then my K400 keyboard for the rest. I can check and see if I can find it, but I'm at work right now (12 hour night shift) and won't be able to do so before Wednesday afternoon when I wake up from sleeping.
post #753 of 775 Old 11-12-2014, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Pulling the power cord fixed smart page opening. The problem I still have is connecting to the network. When I look at network status through the setting menu it says connected. The icon on the smart page says not connected and when I try to use apps they can't connect. The problem is with the smart apps. I updated the firmware thought the network on the TV just fine.
post #754 of 775 Old 11-12-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGERIC View Post
Pulling the power cord fixed smart page opening. The problem I still have is connecting to the network. When I look at network status through the setting menu it says connected. The icon on the smart page says not connected and when I try to use apps they can't connect. The problem is with the smart apps. I updated the firmware thought the network on the TV just fine.
I have my tv set hard-wired to my router, it just works 100%. Then again, my router sits right on top of the tv stand for centralization, so that makes it easy for me. I only use wireless for the households laptops.

I highly suggest finding a way to get an ethernet cord from your router to your tv set. I've always heard these tv's have sucky wireless. At least even if you only hook up a ethernet cord to test everything and make sure it then works, you could then play with the router and the tv settings, and positioning of antennas and what-not to see if you can get wireless to work consistently. Or maybe use one of those "through the power line" adapters to get a connection from your router. That costs more, but is a better solution than depending on just a wireless signal.
post #755 of 775 Old 11-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YadGadge View Post
So far I've discovered that just hitting the SPACE BAR makes the small Smart Apps menu open at the bottom of the screen. You can then use the Arrow keys to arrow over to Settings to get into them. Once you have one of the choices highlighted, hit ENTER key to go into it.

So there you go, access only through the keyboard without having to use the remote!

Last edited by Primestar31; 11-12-2014 at 02:32 PM.
post #756 of 775 Old 11-12-2014, 02:16 PM

It is hard wired. The wireless started acting up 1st. Everything else on the network works flawlessly.
post #757 of 775 Old 11-12-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
It is hard wired. The wireless started acting up 1st. Everything else on the network works flawlessly.
Try contacting LG themselves and ask them, maybe they'll have you try something. I have never had any issues using the Smart Apps while hard-connected. They have always worked 100% for me, even with the original firmware. I also always do a 20 second "power cord pull" reset after doing a new firmware upgrade.

Could your router be filtering out your tv sets access to the 'net? That would be my first thought, some setting on it is too tightly clamped down. WAIT! You don't have BOTH wireless AND wired turned on in the tv's menu at the same time, do you? Perhaps that's causing the problem. If wireless is turned on at the same time as you using hard-wired, turn OFF wireless. Then, power cord reset the tv, make sure it pulls and ip address, and try again with a Smart App and see if it now works.

I'm registered with LG at this following site, so if you never registered, now is the time to get some support: https://www.lg.com/us/support/mylg/login

After you register and login, go to this page: http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-42LA6200

Last edited by Primestar31; 11-12-2014 at 02:46 PM.
post #758 of 775 Old 12-03-2014, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi!.. my first post on AVS Forums, actually to report an issue with my 47LA6200 since I've upgraded it with the last 05.08.02 firmware, I'm not longer able to cast any youtube content from my chrome browser or the android app to the TV as I used to with previous versions of the TV's software. The only way I can send videos to the TV now is when the YouTube app of the TV is running.
post #759 of 775 Old 12-03-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcial4 View Post
Hi!.. my first post on AVS Forums, actually to report an issue with my 47LA6200 since I've upgraded it with the last 05.08.02 firmware, I'm not longer able to cast any youtube content from my chrome browser or the android app to the TV as I used to with previous versions of the TV's software. The only way I can send videos to the TV now is when the YouTube app of the TV is running.

Have you done a "full power-cord pull" reset since upgrading the software? If not, turn the set OFF with the remote, then get behind it and pull out the power cord. Wait 30 seconds minimum, and plug it back in. Then see if the casting works again when you power it back up.

If not, perhaps there's a menu setting that changed after the upgrade, and you need to go through the menus and see if you can find it. Otherwise we'll have to wait to see if any others report the same issue, as I don't use casting with mine, though I did have a tablet here at one point and I know it worked on the old software.
post #760 of 775 Old 12-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primestar31 View Post
Have you done a "full power-cord pull" reset since upgrading the software? If not, turn the set OFF with the remote, then get behind it and pull out the power cord. Wait 30 seconds minimum, and plug it back in. Then see if the casting works again when you power it back up.

If not, perhaps there's a menu setting that changed after the upgrade, and you need to go through the menus and see if you can find it. Otherwise we'll have to wait to see if any others report the same issue, as I don't use casting with mine, though I did have a tablet here at one point and I know it worked on the old software.
no luck, I did the "full power-cord off" more than 30 seconds, also I did check the TV's menu but even with the update it's the same menu with no new options added it. Let's see if other members report the same situation like me!.. thanks for your answer!
post #761 of 775 Old 12-04-2014, 06:55 PM

LG has generously offered to send a tech out to check the internet problem and the random power problem. The TV is out of warranty about 6 months but they will do a one time goodwill warranty claim. I will update next week with the findings.
post #762 of 775 Old 12-10-2014, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Any further reports of marcial4's issue with this new firmware? I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the download, but decided to err on the side of caution until we know more...

Edit: I thought he was referring to 5.08.04, not .02. My bad. At any rate, .04 is out, if anyone wants to give it a shot...

Last edited by JackN; 12-11-2014 at 01:00 AM.
post #763 of 775 Old 12-10-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:

Have you tried disabling, re-enabling the miracast feature on both phone and television? How about re-scanning with each device?

LG's walk-through (the bit on miracast starts at the 1:12 mark):

post #764 of 775 Old 12-10-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
LG has generously offered to send a tech out to check the internet problem and the random power problem. The TV is out of warranty about 6 months but they will do a one time goodwill warranty claim. I will update next week with the findings.

Congrats (I hope they don't stealthily stick you with any charges). I wouldn't have thought to even make such an appeal, but I guess it couldn't hurt; something to keep in mind now that my unit's only just out of warranty...
post #765 of 775 Old 12-11-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Hi!.. my first post on AVS Forums, actually to report an issue with my 47LA6200 since I've upgraded it with the last 05.08.02 firmware...

5.08.04 is out; I replied earlier thinking you were referring to this very latest update, not the previous. So give it a try; if you're still having trouble, my earlier replies may be relevant (see above).
post #766 of 775 Old 12-15-2014, 05:03 AM

Has any progress been made toward finding a lasting fix for the "global dimming" issue? I actually think it's worsened in Component mode on my 42LA6200, possibly via a recent firmware update. Low light scenes now trigger obvious shifting in the back light as the TV attempts--and largely fails--to optimize within such scenes, shot-to-shot. Totally obnoxious. Previously, a "High" black level setting minimized the effect of the dimming to the point of being almost unnoticeable. Not so anymore.

Anyone else notice a change, have any suggestions?
post #767 of 775 Old 12-15-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
Has any progress been made toward finding a lasting fix for the "global dimming" issue? I actually think it's worsened in Component mode on my 42LA6200, possibly via a recent firmware update. Low light scenes now trigger obvious shifting in the back light as the TV attempts--and largely fails--to optimize within such scenes, shot-to-shot. Totally obnoxious. Previously, a "High" black level setting minimized the effect of the dimming to the point of being almost unnoticeable. Not so anymore.

Anyone else notice a change, have any suggestions?
That's been an issue way back from the beginning. Turn OFF the ECO power saver

Just turn it off, there's no other fix.

Here's my original post:

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by gman7575

Ok what do you guys think I should do? I have the 60 inch version of this TV. Overall I like it but there are a few issues---one slightly notice vertical band on the left side and some light bleeding( about an inch) in a line from the entire bottom(but it is very minimal). The one thing that is concerning is that once in a while the brightness starts "flickering"( goes slight darker and back to normal for like 10 sec or so). Don't know if this is a setting or something but it is annoying when it happens.

I bought this TV from Amazon so if I knew I could swap it and look at the new one comparing the old one I would do it. Not sure if I can though(going to call Amazon). Just don't want to end up with one that is worse than this one.

Thanks for comments!

Turn OFF the ECO power saver, whatever it's name is. (I'm not at home right now) That's what's causing the screen fluctuations. It's trying to set itself to your rooms ambient lighting, and it can't figure it out.

That's one of the FIRST things I did on my set.

Last edited by Primestar31; 12-15-2014 at 12:43 PM.
post #768 of 775 Old 12-15-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
That's been an issue way back from the beginning. Turn OFF the ECO power saver

Just turn it off, there's no other fix.

Here's my original post:

Thanks for the input; I've also had my Energy Savings settings at Off from the beginning; I was referring to the dimming that persists on these units, most visible in low contrast scenes with soft light, nicknamed "global dimming." The 6200--and other newer LG units--will continue subtly rolling the back light down for lower contrast scenes...and nudging it up for brighter material to distracting effect.

While I have always been able to spot this issue, setting the black level at "High" for component mode pretty much neutralized it. And it was never much of a factor for me in HDMI mode...until recently. It's much more obvious now, and I suspect one of the recent firmware updates may have brought the 6200's automatic dimming in line with newer models such as the LB7200, which gets a lot more complaints about this feature. Previously, I thought people complaining about this were being over-sensitive, but based on what I'm seeing now I completely understand the gripes.

If you want to look for this, pick out a film that's got lots of low light photography and watch in a darkened room. You may be able to see the dimming in action.
post #769 of 775 Old 12-15-2014, 10:41 PM

I just watched "Insidious" a few hours ago from my Dish VIP722k dvr (connected via HDMI), lots of dark scenes, and I do not have the issue you claim to have with fluctuating levels. My black level is set to "low".

Is your "Mode Setting" set to "Home Use"? Or "Store" (torch mode)
post #770 of 775 Old 12-16-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I just watched "Insidious" a few hours ago from my Dish VIP722k dvr (connected via HDMI), lots of dark scenes, and I do not have the issue you claim to have with fluctuating levels. My black level is set to "low".

Is your "Mode Setting" set to "Home Use"? Or "Store" (torch mode)
Mode set for "Home Use," yes.

I think I might have found the problem: In recent days, I lowered my minimum brightness for better blacks. It was fine for most things, but when I'd stumble on the kind of faint scene that needed, say, a 45 brightness (2.2 gamma) to see all the intended detail, I'd experience black crush when "global dimming" would adjust the back light downward with brightness at 38 or so. I've been negating the advantage of the "high" black level setting (used to keep the dimming in check). So I don't think anything is newly amiss here beyond the usual "global dimming" gripes.

Thanks again for your help.

I'll watch for key scenes in films that tend release the dimming beast, if you want to check for it sometime.
post #771 of 775 Old 12-19-2014, 04:02 PM

LG replaced the main board, WiFi adapter, and harness between main board and power supply today. Everything is working now. Hopefully it lasts...
post #772 of 775 Old 12-19-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
LG replaced the main board, WiFi adapter, and harness between main board and power supply today. Everything is working now. Hopefully it lasts...
Do you have this plugged into a UPS? My equipment all is (divided between two UPS's in fact), and I would never go without one since my old tv bought the farm due to a power issue.

They are fairly cheap nowadays, and you should consider it.
post #773 of 775 Old 12-21-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Did the tech describe the problem? Any charge to you?
post #774 of 775 Old 12-24-2014, 04:08 PM

No charge. LG covered under warranty. No mention of cause. Tech came and looked at symptoms for about 15 min. Came back a week later with parts and installed. He didn't have much to say about it. All is well now. Possibly better.
post #775 of 775 Old Today, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
5.08.04 is out; I replied earlier thinking you were referring to this very latest update, not the previous. So give it a try; if you're still having trouble, my earlier replies may be relevant (see above).
yeah, few days after I posted it, this firmware came out and I believed the issue could be solved, but it wasn't. I'm going to check out your earlier posts and see if I can solve it!. Thanks for your support!.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 55 Inch Class Cinema 3d Smart Led Tv Smartv 55lm6400 , Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share , Lg Electronics 39ln5700 39 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Lg Electronics 47la6200 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread