Anyone bought LG LA6200? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 742 Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am wary of screen uniformity and backlight bleeding issues of edge lit LED TVs. LG LA6200 is direct lit so I am considering it. Has anyone bought it? Please post your reviews here. Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 742 Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i would like to know this also. does anyone have this set? i have been eyeing it for the last few weeks and i'm thinking about jumping on it. i have been debating back and forth about getting a 3d or non 3d tv and looks like since the price on this model is great maybe i can have both.
post #3 of 742 Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 AM

I wonder about this one too. I have been looking at it.. but I really haven't seen any reviews on it.
post #4 of 742 Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Liked: 15
I actually saw this model at walmart today for 1113. plus i work their so i get 10% off. I recently bought a LG LM6400 but had really bad clouding and exchanged it for another one but now this one has really bad vertical banding. I would really like to know if the LG LA6200 has any issues that way i can exchange my LG LM6400 for it. Thank you
post #5 of 742 Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I'm curious to out flashlighting on this set. I also had the 6400 and the flashlighting was so awful I returned it. I figured I'd have to buy a plasma since everything is edge-lit nowadays, until I learned about this tv.

Looking forward to some first hand reviews!
post #6 of 742 Old 04-11-2013, 12:24 PM

If you don't care about 3D, looks like the LN5400 and LN5700 series are also direct LED backlit.
post #7 of 742 Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM

Well i went to best buy and was almost a hundred percent sure i was going to switch over to a Plasma. A Panasonic TC-P50ST60 to be exact but then i got home and started reading about the break in periods.... 100 to 200 hours WOW i barely watch my tv for about 2 hours a day and i cant leave it running over night considering its going to be in my bedroom. Plus the whole burn in and IR issue got me thinking twice about switching to plasma. Ugh i never thought buying a good tv would be so difficult lol. I might just keep looking for another type of LED TV maybe a samsung or a higher LG model.
post #8 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdemongsx View Post

Well i went to best buy and was almost a hundred percent sure i was going to switch over to a Plasma. A Panasonic TC-P50ST60 to be exact but then i got home and started reading about the break in periods.... 100 to 200 hours WOW i barely watch my tv for about 2 hours a day and i cant leave it running over night considering its going to be in my bedroom. Plus the whole burn in and IR issue got me thinking twice about switching to plasma. Ugh i never thought buying a good tv would be so difficult lol. I might just keep looking for another type of LED TV maybe a samsung or a higher LG model.
I was the total opposite of you. I was pretty sure I was going to buy an LED TV. Actually went through 6 different ones in my home before finally going with a plasma. I could not deal with the back light issues on the LEDs. It made watching dark scenes unbearable for me.

I would not worry to much about the break in and burn in. If you want to hit the 100-200 hours quickly then just run slides during the day when you are not home. Run the slides when you are not in your room at other times. Also, just running full screen stuff and varying your shows up at the beginning will break your TV in just the same. Just be sure to not leave anything static on for to long at first and be careful not to watch letterbox stuff. Also, turn down brightness and contrast during this break-in.

If you are really nervous about burn-in which is not really as much a issue as it used to be then Best Buy's extended warranty covers plasma burn in and they will replace the panel if burn in were to occur.
post #9 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the info Eric and yeah i couldnt stand the clouding i had with my first set and my second set is better on the clouding. I mean it still has it very little on the corners but it really isnt noticeable. The vertical banding on the other hand is really bothering me. Im a big Rangers fan and i watch just about every game and the vertical banding during panning movement really bothers the heck out of me. I tried to avoid it but i just keep catching myself looking at them. The good thing about where i bought my tv is that they give me a 90day 100% gaurantee day return period. my biggest issue with the plasma is that i do watch most of the baseball games on my TV and they always have the static images on display. I dont think i can go a 100hrs before starting to watch any baseball games. The letter box movies i can do but i dont think i can go with out watching my Rangers for so long.
post #10 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the info Eric and yeah i couldnt stand the clouding i had with my first set and my second set is better on the clouding. I mean it still has it very little on the corners but it really isnt noticeable. The vertical banding on the other hand is really bothering me. Im a big Rangers fan and i watch just about every game and the vertical banding during panning movement really bothers the heck out of me. I tried to avoid it but i just keep catching myself looking at them. The good thing about where i bought my tv is that they give me a 90day 100% gaurantee day return period. my biggest issue with the plasma is that i do watch most of the baseball games on my TV and they always have the static images on display. I dont think i can go a 100hrs before starting to watch any baseball games. The letter box movies i can do but i dont think i can go with out watching my Rangers for so long.
post #11 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can watch Baseball in the first hundred hours. Just make sure to put the TV in movie mode or any setting that isn't overly bright. After a game just run slides for a little bit to be safe. Or most TVs now have a built in pixel wiper you can run. You can do that during a commercial. Some people would probably say just watch your TV like you would and not worry about anything but just mix up different programing. But I personally would still be safe at the beggining.

If you buy from Best Buy with an extended warranty you will not have to worry about a thing or buy from Costco or Sams club who gives you 90 days to return. You will sure find out how the TV will act within those 90 days.

When my hunt for a TV started the most important thing was getting a 3d passive LED TV. Now I ended up with an active 3d plasma TV and could not be happier. For the amount of 3d I watch the 2d picture become the most important. Also, I have no issues with the active 3d on my Samsung plasma. I actually think the 3d picture is better and I can watch fine during the day as well. I think active 3d has improved a lot from when it first came out.

Anyway, if you have any other quetions I will be glad to help. Good luck!
post #12 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 AM

Thanks Eric, I think i am going to give plasma a try. Best buy has the panasonic TC-P50ST60 for 999.99 and im going to get their 4 year extended warranty so just incase i do run into the burn in issue i can have it replaced. I mean when i saw the picture yesterday at best buy i was truly amazed at the clarity. and that was in a bright display area, i heard the plasma picture quality really shines in a dark room. Yeah i tried to give my LG a chance but it just wasnt cutting it. the plasma is gonna cost me around 450 more than my LG but atleast i know i will be satisfied with the PQ. Thanks again for all your help and info, i really appreciate it.
post #13 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Eric, I think i am going to give plasma a try. Best buy has the panasonic TC-P50ST60 for 999.99 and im going to get their 4 year extended warranty so just incase i do run into the burn in issue i can have it replaced. I mean when i saw the picture yesterday at best buy i was truly amazed at the clarity. and that was in a bright display area, i heard the plasma picture quality really shines in a dark room. Yeah i tried to give my LG a chance but it just wasnt cutting it. the plasma is gonna cost me around 450 more than my LG but atleast i know i will be satisfied with the PQ. Thanks again for all your help and info, i really appreciate it.
Great choice and knowing that any burn-in will be covered makes it a no brainer for anyone looking for a TV with some great picture quality! Good luck and enjoy it! And yes Plasma's do shine at night but these top of the line plasma's are no slouch during the day as well.
post #14 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 10:19 PM

isnt this a thread for the la6200
post #15 of 742 Old 04-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post

isnt this a thread for the la6200

Trolls.
post #16 of 742 Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Here is a question I asked someone at Amazon who had a verified purchase of this set:

Me:
Quote:
Could you tell me if your set has any flashlighting or light bleeding problems. This represents itself when you are watching a movie in the dark and during darker scenes (or on the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen during wider aspect movies) it looks like a flashlight is coming out of the corners of the set. You can also tell by turning your TV on a black screen (like pausing before the credits roll) and the screen should look completely black and not blochy.

Theoretically, this set should not have the problem because it is back-lit and not edge-lit, but I want to make sure before purchasing this set because the flashlighting of my last LG LED made watching certain movies at night an unpleasant experience.

Thanks in advance!

Response:
Quote:
No light bleeding. I work nights so I have blackout blinds. I darkened my room and checked a few different movies that I have on the LG Cloud and didn't see anything like what you are describing at all.

Sounds promising to me! I also asked another buyer and I am awaiting their response.
post #17 of 742 Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Liked: 12
Excellent!

Im looking for this model too, and i have the same doubts about the DIRECT-LIT.

I saw the TV on the store and the image quality was pretty good

And includes the magic remote!

I hope some sites release a detail review about this LG LA6200 series.

Here are some customers reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-42LA6200-42-Inch-LED-LCD/product-reviews/B00BB9OOL0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
post #18 of 742 Old 04-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

I think the magic remote is sold separately with this model. Some of the negative remarks were from people who thought they were gonna get one, and did not. Apparently it only comes with higher tier models.
post #19 of 742 Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

After more research I ordered a LN5400. It is basically the same TV as LN5700 and LA6200, but LN5700 has Smart TV and LA6200 has 3D. I don't need either; I just need a big IPS screen whose function is similar to a computer monitor.

In fact, I don't even need the speakers because I have a 5.1 system.
post #20 of 742 Old 04-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Someone knows if the LA6200 has a IPS panel ??
post #21 of 742 Old 04-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRoMoN View Post

Someone knows if the LA6200 has a IPS panel ??

I believe so. I saw one at Best Buy and it is about as thick as my current LCD and it is backlit, not edge lit. I personally think they just don't wanna put LCD on the tv because everyone thinks LED means its better.
post #22 of 742 Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

I believe so. I saw one at Best Buy and it is about as thick as my current LCD and it is backlit, not edge lit. I personally think they just don't wanna put LCD on the tv because everyone thinks LED means its better.

Direct-LED is almost the same as CCFL, except that LED lights are used instead of fluorescent lights.

I just want a decent and inexpensive D-LED TV to tide me over until OLED is affordable. Once manufacturing bottlenecks are gone, OLED might quickly become cheaper than LCD.
post #23 of 742 Old 04-14-2013, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

LG is nowhere as bad as Samsung in terms of panel outsourcing. I've seen a tiny 22 inch LG TV that is IPS. The 39 inch version of LN5300 has some different specs than other versions....I suspect it might be an outsourced panel.
post #24 of 742 Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Advanced Member

So would a set like this not have flashlighting because its backlit, or would it just be much less?
post #25 of 742 Old 04-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

Well I went ahead and bought the 60" on Amazon to be delivered Thursday after work. I'll let you guys know how uniform the screen is.
post #26 of 742 Old 04-14-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

Well I went ahead and bought the 60" on Amazon to be delivered Thursday after work. I'll let you guys know how uniform the screen is.

Please, do a GAMING test, with the true motion ON and tell us how it feels (if you can)

Also post the SERIAL NUMBER to determinate if the panel is IPS or not.

Good luck!
post #27 of 742 Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRoMoN View Post

Please, do a GAMING test, with the true motion ON and tell us how it feels (if you can)

Also post the SERIAL NUMBER to determinate if the panel is IPS or not.

Good luck!

So you need the first or last digits of the serial? Rather not post the whole thing.
post #28 of 742 Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 AM

Liked: 22
Unfortunately, LG's model/serial number coding changes slightly every year so unless someone has figured out the codes for 2013 for LG, some of the previous codes may have changed. For instance for 2012, "Z" Tv's became LG panels while in previous years, "Z" was used for Sharp. It's a good bet that these will all be LG produced panels as they are passive 3D. As of the end of 2012, 96% of all passive 3D panels produced globally were LG produced IPS panels (LG Display currently supplies Toshiba, Sony, and Panasonic with passive 3D panels). A vast majority of the panels that weren't, were produced for the Chinese market only. If the panel is a size that LG Display currently produces, you can guarantee that it will be an IPS panel right now on passive 3D models. If it's a size LG Display doesn't produce, then it is likely an AUO MVA panel produced on contract.

The best way to know for certain what type of panel it is, is to just take a magnifying glass and look closely at the pixels. LG produced IPS panels have a very obvious chevron shape to the pixels. You can also use a good camera and just zoom in and see them.
post #29 of 742 Old 04-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. If this set doesn't work for me, I'm going to plasma.
post #30 of 742 Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 PM

Today I test this LG MODEL on the store with my laptop and i have to say that it has a LOT OF IMPUT-LAG ... even on GAME MODE :/ and no "true motion". Also the picture was good but it needs calibrate.

Also tasted the LN5700 with my laptop and it has LESS IMPUT LAG and the image was better. Too bad that this model has no 3D :/
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 55 Inch Class Cinema 3d Smart Led Tv Smartv 55lm6400 , Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share , Lg Electronics 39ln5700 39 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Lg Electronics 47la6200 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page