post #271 of 300 Old 03-12-2014, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayHHH View Post

Hi Guys

I just traded in a Sharp for this model UN60F7100AFXZA...however, I am very dissappointed thus far and I am lost for help. Samsung Supports was horrid.

When watching scenes with alot of black, very dark. I'm getting this horrendous ghosting/cloudy patchy weird effect. When the people move in it, it almost traces their path in a lighter black. It's making this experience very annoying.

What is this and is there anything that any of you can help with. I don't want to have to return this.

what model sharp did u trade in?u might be better off getting something else. Btw, use the other 7100 thread its much more active.

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 300 Old 03-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Liked: 10
Just got my 65in 7100 and looking to get calibrationin line but i want to also let you know how to get the most out of gaming, since i plsy about 50% of the time.... i used to just put game mode on and i was set... any input to get the modt out of this new tv is appreciated...
post #273 of 300 Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM

Me and my family are also very happy with our UN60F7100!!!

post #274 of 300 Old 03-23-2014, 04:49 AM

Just purchased the 55F7100   it's a great looking display with most sources... except when the sources is 480p.  I'm not new to Samsung displays.. this one replaced a LN40B640R which i've had for several years and still really enjoy it's picture quality.  so i'm going from an LCD to and LED display.. there are some thing to get used to though.. the backlight on the new display seems to "bloom" the colors and whites in the picture if you raise the backlight to high.. i keep mine at 10. it looks best there.

the one problem where I am not happy with this display.. and I'm not sure where the problem is.

While watching over the air (OTA) tv in HD, on occasion the image will stutter just briefly . I don't notice this during any other time while watching TV, but it only happens in the evening while watching prime time on all network OTA tv channels. My older LCD display did not do this.

Question. Is it possible to turn off the 240Hz refresh rate or adjust it?  on my old display I could turn it off. and it had settings for sports, clear and a few other adjustable settings.

thanks. AL

post #275 of 300 Old 03-23-2014, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouradb View Post

I am including below the results of my calibration using CalMan5 and an XRite IDisplayPro meter. Obviously, these settings are a starting point since everyone's environment is different and so is the hardware (specially the panels).

I am overall happy with the picture quality. Only issue I noticed is that some cable programs (I have ATT Uverse) look a little bit darker. A couple notches on the brightness usually fixes that.

Overall, the F7100 was easy to calibrate (compared to my JVC RS46 Projector and the Sony TV I have in the other rooms). I'm attaching the post-calibration report (sorry - I lost the pre-calibration settings but I remember that they ware way off).

One interesting observation I noticed was the effect of some settings on the calibration. I ended up turning everything off to have "stable" readings. For example, the 10-pt white-balance readings are skewed by the scroll bar that adjusted the values. This is probably a side-effect of the micro-dimming or something else. The only way to get the readings to be consistent (with or without the scroll-bar shown) was to turn everything off.

From experience, some settings can be turned back on after the calibration without major side-effects. "Digital Clean View" and "MPEG Noise Filter" are good candidates to improve satellite/cable signal (would recommend them off for Bluray viewing).

Enjoy.

Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 7
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 48
Sharpness: 20
Color: 46
Tint: 48/52
Picture Size:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Color Space: Custom (see below)
Red: 56,0,14
Green: 0,50,0
Blue: 0,42,60
Yellow: 50,50,14
Cyan: 36,51,52
Magenta: 56,37,54
White Balance: 24, 24, 25, 27, 27, 22
10-pt White Balance: on (see below)
-3, -3, -10
-4, -2, -6
-3, 0, -2
-7, -2, -8
-6, -3, -9
-6, -3, -7
-5, 0, -6
-3, 0, -6
-3, 3, -6
0, 7, -3
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off (disabled)
Picture Options:
Color Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: off
MPEG Noise Filter: off
HDMI Black Level: Normal (disabled)
Film mode: off (disabled)
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Cinema Black: off

Post-CalibrationReport 355k .jpg file

thanks for posting your detailed calibration results.. this will help me a lot. as I just got my 55F7100 two weeks ago. i've set it up by just eye-balling it.. and most of my preliminary settings are very close to yours.

mine are

backlight 10

contrast   88

brightness 46

sharpness 70

color 33

tint 50/50

I learned long ago to turn off most all auto type settings too.

post #276 of 300 Old 03-26-2014, 10:57 PM
n0s

Im torn between buying the 60F7100 and the newly released 60H6400, the price diff is neglicable, what would you guys say?
post #277 of 300 Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0s View Post

Im torn between buying the 60F7100 and the newly released 60H6400, the price diff is neglicable, what would you guys say?

depends whats been fixed on this years models. if regular microdimming has been fixed, it might be worth the newer 6400. if the microdimming is the same as last years models, id search for a different brand as the microdimming can ruin the picture your watching and you have to come up with creative ways to go around the "microdimming".

TV; samsung 65F7100
post #278 of 300 Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone wondering the new update is up to download
post #279 of 300 Old 03-29-2014, 05:42 PM

Wow, took me all afternoon to go through the posts but great information.

I'm trying to decide between the a 65F7100 (7050) and a Visio M651d-A2 as a replacement for my P65VT50. Panasonic has finally accepted that my plasma was defective (after panel replacement, power board replacement, and multiple disassembly and reassembly) and will be giving a refund. However, I need something to watch in the meanwhile.

I'm looking for a stop gap LCD until 4K has settled so I would like to keep cost under $2k. I would welcome any opinions and recommendations.

Thanks!
post #280 of 300 Old 03-29-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg33478 View Post

I'm trying to decide between the a 65F7100 (7050) and a Visio M651d-A2 as a replacement for my P65VT50. Panasonic has finally accepted that my plasma was defective (after panel replacement, power board replacement, and multiple disassembly and reassembly) and will be giving a refund. However, I need something to watch in the meanwhile.

I'm looking for a stop gap LCD until 4K has settled so I would like to keep cost under $2k. I would welcome any opinions and recommendations.

Thanks!
Sony kdl-w900a seems to b the best led for 2013 check CNET reviews for it
post #281 of 300 Old 03-30-2014, 09:56 AM

The Sony looked good but I need a 65 in. After having a 65 in on the wall, anything smaller would seem lacking.

My local store had a Panasonic 65VT60 as an open box (display model) for sale (<$1800). I'm going to take a hard look at this, see what testing I need to do, and haggle a little to see if its worth while.

Thanks for your input.
post #282 of 300 Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

The Sony looked good but I need a 65 in. After having a 65 in on the wall, anything smaller would seem lacking.

My local store had a Panasonic 65VT60 as an open box (display model) for sale (<$1800). I'm going to take a hard look at this, see what testing I need to do, and haggle a little to see if its worth while.

Thanks for your input.
o I understand going from a larger screen to a smaller does feel like your lacking Lol but no problem man good luck on your search
post #283 of 300 Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

im sure this tv will be a major step down from that plasma. however, if you can swing a sony w850a itll probably give a more comparable picture.

TV; samsung 65F7100
post #284 of 300 Old 03-31-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

im sure this tv will be a major step down from that plasma. however, if you can swing a sony w850a itll probably give a more comparable picture.
If you are going to go LED I would 2nd this for a 65". This TV was on sale for under $2,000 yesterday on Buydig but it seems the sale has ended. Maybe will see a price drop again shortly.
post #285 of 300 Old 04-01-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

If you are going to go LED I would 2nd this for a 65". This TV was on sale for under $2,000 yesterday on Buydig but it seems the sale has ended. Maybe will see a price drop again shortly.

I called Buydig and the salesperson gave me the sale price. The only thing was that they had already sold 30 tvs more than what they had in stock. The sales person said that they should be drop shipping directly from Sony. I'm excited about this tv but will wait to see if it ever gets delivered.
post #286 of 300 Old 04-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Channel Guide Help

I've read the forums and can't seem to find the answer I need. Can someone give me a hand with configuring the guide?

I have a DirecTV DVR connected to the TV via an HDMI cable on the first input. I would like to use the Samsung remote only.

When I hit the guide button, it brings up the Samsung guide with all of the channels.
  • Can it be configured to load the DirecTV guide instead of the Samsung guide?
    [EDIT] - (Selecting More -> Second Menu - > GuideSTB brings up the DirectTV Guide from the DTV box. Can I swap functionality of the Guide button to this menu item?)
    [EDIT] - Now it seems the return button brings up the DirecTV guide... not sure if this is permanent or not, but this is useable!
  • If not can it be configured to load the Samsung guide on the current channel, instead of always defaulting to channel 1?
  • If not can it be configured to only show channels I want? I've edited the list in Menu -> Broadcast -> Edit Channel, but this only appears to have modified the list displayed by selecting Menu -> Broadcast - Channel List.

DirecTV Genie Question

I have DirecTV, 1 Compatible RVU TV (The 7100), and two non compatible TVs.
  • If I get the Genie, do I have to use the big HD box on the main RVU TV?
  • If not, should I? What would be the advantage of doing this? Speed? Quality?
  • If not, what plugs into the RVU TV? Essentially, how is the signal getting from the box to my TV? Is it through the coax cable wire, power cable or ethernet/wifi network?
  • What input does the TV need to be on? I have a GoogleTV box. My DTV box plugs into it, and then it plugs into the TV. I can access it on screen at any time without changing inputs.
  • Would using the RVU improve my smart TV experience in any way, such as solving the guide issues I listed above?

Hidden / Expert / Service Menu
  • Does this TV have one? My old Samsung DLP had an extra hidden expert / service menu with advanced calibration features. It required resetting the TV into the specific mode.

Calibration

I've used these settings and slightly tweaked them to fit my needs. (Didn't use the 10-pt white balance yet. Turned some of the dynamic contrast and other settings to low or auto, and turned up the backlight a little.)

Thank you for the help everyone!
post #287 of 300 Old 04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post

Channel Guide Help

I've read the forums and can't seem to find the answer I need. Can someone give me a hand with configuring the guide?

I have a DirecTV DVR connected to the TV via an HDMI cable on the first input. I would like to use the Samsung remote only.

When I hit the guide button, it brings up the Samsung guide with all of the channels.
  • Can it be configured to load the DirecTV guide instead of the Samsung guide?
    [EDIT] - (Selecting More -> Second Menu - > GuideSTB brings up the DirectTV Guide from the DTV box. Can I swap functionality of the Guide button to this menu item?)
    [EDIT] - Now it seems the return button brings up the DirecTV guide... not sure if this is permanent or not, but this is useable!
  • If not can it be configured to load the Samsung guide on the current channel, instead of always defaulting to channel 1?
  • If not can it be configured to only show channels I want? I've edited the list in Menu -> Broadcast -> Edit Channel, but this only appears to have modified the list displayed by selecting Menu -> Broadcast - Channel List.

DirecTV Genie Question

I have DirecTV, 1 Compatible RVU TV (The 7100), and two non compatible TVs.
  • If I get the Genie, do I have to use the big HD box on the main RVU TV?
  • If not, should I? What would be the advantage of doing this? Speed? Quality?
  • If not, what plugs into the RVU TV? Essentially, how is the signal getting from the box to my TV? Is it through the coax cable wire, power cable or ethernet/wifi network?
  • What input does the TV need to be on? I have a GoogleTV box. My DTV box plugs into it, and then it plugs into the TV. I can access it on screen at any time without changing inputs.
  • Would using the RVU improve my smart TV experience in any way, such as solving the guide issues I listed above?

Hidden / Expert / Service Menu
  • Does this TV have one? My old Samsung DLP had an extra hidden expert / service menu with advanced calibration features. It required resetting the TV into the specific mode.

Calibration

I've used these settings and slightly tweaked them to fit my needs. (Didn't use the 10-pt white balance yet. Turned some of the dynamic contrast and other settings to low or auto, and turned up the backlight a little.)

Thank you for the help everyone!

You should try this f7100 thread. There's a lot more traffic. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/4920

PSN brakel

post #288 of 300 Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 AM

Liked: 11
Help! Can anyone explain this phenomenon? Purchased my 75" F7100 in late MARCH - obviously still under warranty.

The problem is clearly evident when a small amount video signal is being sent to the screen – transitions from programming to commercials on TV, end credits on movies, when a simple screen saver is invoked are examples. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point where I now see it [and mentally look for it] in all low intensity situations and now see it in lightly colored scenes with adequate contrast.

The first photograph was taken at the end of the “Elementary” episode earlier this week on CBS, as it transitioned into a commercial [note the CBS logo at the bottom right]. As you can see, there are two visible white “blobs” that appear on the left of the screen and a general white smear that intensifies as you move to the right.

The second photograph is during the screen saver of my NetGear media server [the NetGear icon bounces around, once every second]. Again the same white blobs appear in the same place – note that they do not appear as bright as in the first attachment because the light from the moving screensaver icon washes out the contrast in the photograph. I can assure you that they are just as visually distracting.

And finally, the third photograph illustrates the problem during screen credits [from Kevin Spacey's "House of Cards"]. Again note the two white blobs are evident in the same location and, like the second attachment, are not as bright as in the first due to the light washing out the contrast.

KWS
post #289 of 300 Old 04-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 44
You should try this f7100 thread. There's a lot more traffic. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/4920
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws53 View Post

Help! Can anyone explain this phenomenon? Purchased my 75" F7100 in late MARCH - obviously still under warranty.

The problem is clearly evident when a small amount video signal is being sent to the screen – transitions from programming to commercials on TV, end credits on movies, when a simple screen saver is invoked are examples. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point where I now see it [and mentally look for it] in all low intensity situations and now see it in lightly colored scenes with adequate contrast.

The first photograph was taken at the end of the “Elementary” episode earlier this week on CBS, as it transitioned into a commercial [note the CBS logo at the bottom right]. As you can see, there are two visible white “blobs” that appear on the left of the screen and a general white smear that intensifies as you move to the right.

The second photograph is during the screen saver of my NetGear media server [the NetGear icon bounces around, once every second]. Again the same white blobs appear in the same place – note that they do not appear as bright as in the first attachment because the light from the moving screensaver icon washes out the contrast in the photograph. I can assure you that they are just as visually distracting.

And finally, the third photograph illustrates the problem during screen credits [from Kevin Spacey's "House of Cards"]. Again note the two white blobs are evident in the same location and, like the second attachment, are not as bright as in the first due to the light washing out the contrast.

KWS

PSN brakel

post #290 of 300 Old 04-24-2014, 09:32 AM

did you end up getting the Samsung sound bar? If so, which one & what are your thoughts? I'm looking to get a sound bar soon.

post #291 of 300 Old 05-23-2014, 11:12 PM

Hi,

I have had the UN60F7100 for a while and I just know started refining the picture with the Calibrations online...

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-f7100-picture-settings.html

But what About the 3D Settings? Ive messed mine up pretty bad... Does anyone have any tips??

Thanks,

post #292 of 300 Old 05-29-2014, 09:46 PM

I'm wondering if the 60" in this model does 3D auto-detect? I ask because I am using xbmc and the 3D MKV files are SBS and I'd prefer the TV to detect this signal and adjust the correct 3D setting on the TV display accordingly.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
post #293 of 300 Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 AM

Having new issues with my TV. Sometimes when I try and change the volume, the volume will refuse to change, and then the TV just shuts off or sometimes reboots. Is the same with usign either the remote or the XBOX One voice commands to change the volume. I'm using ARC to a sound bar if that happens to make a difference. Not sure what to make of this problem.
Originally I thought it was just an issue with how the XBOX sent the command to the TV over HDMI, but when it did it when using the remote, that was ruled out.

Often the TV will refuse to turn on as well, and I have to unplug it to get a full power cycle in and then it will work again.

I'm started to become less than pleased with this TV, and it isn't even paid off yet.
post #294 of 300 Old 06-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws53 View Post

KWS

Clouding; is what that is called on here.

There are three common things these TV can suffer from.

Clouding is what you see.
Flashlighting usually in the corners. Looks like a flashlight beaming out in a '"V". Keep your backlight around "5" and you wont have an issue.
Banding usually vertical tinted bars that are only very visible on bright scenes. Nothing you can do.

So with your clouding... options:

1. Return the set
2. Try and get Samsung to service the TV and get them to swap out the panel (you may get one with worse clouding, banding or flashlighting).
3. Try and fix it yourself

-SiGGy
post #295 of 300 Old 07-17-2014, 12:17 PM

Question SAMSUNG UN46F7100 glitchy picture issues

Purchased this TV in June 2013. Fortunately, I decided to get the 5 year service protection as my other Samsung occasionally shows some capacitor issues (but was not part of the class action suit). After troubleshooting the cable box with Comcast, we found that it was apparent that the TV is the issue (connections are good, cable box swapped out). We notice some pixelations as well as glitchy pictures and loss of signal. All intermittent but appear to come more as the TV is on for longer times (i.e. the TV is warm).

I was curious to know if others have experienced the same thing. A search of the net does not report such things although a few low rated reviews at Best Buy seem to tell a similar story about this TV model. Thanks in advance!
post #296 of 300 Old 08-30-2014, 08:36 AM

Im having an issue where the TV input randomly switches from 'HDMI2" to "TV". The orignal remote has no batteries and my URC remote is not pointed at the screen. It has done this twice in the last two days and about 5 times the life of the tv, which is now almost 1 year old. CEC is disabled. Is there anything else I can check? This seems to be a common problem for this TV and I cannot believe samsung hasnt been able to offer a fix. What should I do? Is this a tech support thing? Am I going to have to have a tech out to replace something? Please help.
post #297 of 300 Old 09-28-2014, 10:21 PM

Unhappy Blue vertical line on my screen

My screen is showing a light blue vertical line, about 20 inches in from the left side. See pictures. The TV is 11 months old, 1 month away from warranty expiry. The G squad is coming tomorrow. I am not going for a 'bend the screen to fix' if that even works. I supposed they will change a board if the screen has not gone out. Any ideas?
The line in the first image is from the T in lifts, to the C in course.
The line in the second image runs through the left most yellow dot in the sky.
The line is the third image is just to the right of the wide blue area in the picture. It is visible if you zoom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1897.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	285090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1899.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	285106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1898.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	285114  

Last edited by technobot; 09-28-2014 at 10:26 PM.
post #298 of 300 Old 09-29-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technobot View Post
My screen is showing a light blue vertical line, about 20 inches in from the left side. See pictures. The TV is 11 months old, 1 month away from warranty expiry. The G squad is coming tomorrow. I am not going for a 'bend the screen to fix' if that even works. I supposed they will change a board if the screen has not gone out. Any ideas?
The line in the first image is from the T in lifts, to the C in course.
The line in the second image runs through the left most yellow dot in the sky.
The line is the third image is just to the right of the wide blue area in the picture. It is visible if you zoom.
Update. The G squad sub contractor called and they are not qualified by Samsung to work on the TV. Back to G Squad. They transferred me to Samsung. They asked me to remove all cables, run some commands, and the blue line is still there. They transferred me to second person, asked me to run same commands (i.e. self diagnosis, look at screen) and perform a reset. Same blue lines. They transferred me to a third person, and I did the same items again. Then they remotely connected into my TV and ran some internal diagnostics. Same blue lines. They said I would get a call in 24-48 hours for a local qualified person to check they TV. That person called in 1 hour. He asked for the pictures above and then said he is ordering a new screen - 4-5 days. Waiting.
post #299 of 300 Old 10-15-2014, 01:27 PM

Liked: 0
Purchased mine in June 2014. I mainly use it for watchinf sports and I notice a lot of motion blur with any movement of the ball (baseball and football mainly). I have tried every combo of motion settings with no success. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
post #300 of 300 Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 PM

Liked: 0
I am having a strange problem with my 55" 7100 ever since I got my Xbox One and Chromecast. I will go to adjust the volume, and it'll just power cycle on then off. I have tried multiple things to fix this issue such as going as far as resetting the entire TV to default factory, and haven't had any luck getting this issue fixed. Is it a problem with my TV, or is it just something I'll deal with. It doesn't truly affect me positively or negatively, it is just annoying.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f7100 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Lg 55la7400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Smarttv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page