Which could be the best solution to my viewing distance problem with my LCD TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For years, I have had my 46" TV above a very high furniture TV stand. It is a Samsung LN46B650 to be exact. UNTIL today I realized that the picture quality brightness (or black tone, or something like that) changes when I watch it standing up or if I sit on my computer chair and watch the tv from there. The room this tv is located is not that big, however, the TV is far enough given its size, and therefore it delivers the picture quality that it should without being too far or being too close. The problem is that there is a huge bed on this room and therefore I am limited to watch the tv on the bed. I can also watch tv on the computer chair but me and my family share our computer, so I can't be sat on the chair all day.

I then realized that maybe that is the reason I was very unsatisfied with the picture quality with this TV even though I read it delivers a very good picture quality!

To "explain" what I am talking about, I made this bad drawing using Microsoft Paint.

Please click the image to see the full size of it.

I noticed that I was losing picture quality when I used to sit on the computer chair, and then I was like, "Why does the TV look better if I sit on this chair instead of watching it on bed?" And "duh" the problem was that the chair is at a higher level than the bed is... I CAN'T believe I noticed this until now.

Well, now the real question is: What could be the best solution to solve this? I was thinking about buying one of those things with tilt to mount the TV to the wall and "tilt" it a little bit, but I am renting and the owner will not allow me to make holes to its wall (obviously). I could also buy another tv stand but it would cost me about $200 or more and right now I don't have too much money to spend on a new furniture.

I was also wondering if somewhere I could buy something like this:
but with tilt integrated to it. Does anyone know if could buy one somewhere? but with tilt or something like that. How are they called? I tried looking on Amazon.com as TV stand for 46" HDTV but I did not find one. Maybe, because of its big screen size, such thing does not exist; the TV could probably fall to the floor frown.gif

If it helps:
The height of the furniture TV stand is about 46 inches.
The height of my bed is about 22 inches.

To end this thread, I want to say that every person that owns a LCD TV should take a look at their TV's as well. If they are at a very high viewing distance, you could also be losing picture quality! ):

Thank you a lot for reading! I hope you guys can give me some options to solve this issue.

P.S. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this! Please move the thread if needed, but don't close it, please. Thank you again! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Have you tried putting a book, 1 x or 2x4 under the back edge of the base to change the angle?
A slight TV angle change might solve the problem.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page