Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

So I just got the UN46F6300 yesterday and hooked it up to my Xbox One. I plan on solely using this for gaming (for now). Most calibration settings that I see out there are for movies/tv watching and seem to be too dark for me.  But I need game mode turned on, and when I do that, the picture setting is set to Standard and you cannot change off of it (which is fine by me).

I have game mode on, have blur reduction to 10 and Judder at 0. I have all the motion plus settings off. When I play Forza, everything looks very smooth and clean, but when I play Fifa and the players move quick across the screen or even the ball moving fast in a replay, there is a type of granular blur (i dont know how to describe it any better than that).

What is the best calibration settings for gaming? And does anyone know why I am experiencing weird blurs on FIFA?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSnowmanx18 View Post

So I just got the UN46F6300 yesterday and hooked it up to my Xbox One. I plan on solely using this for gaming (for now). Most calibration settings that I see out there are for movies/tv watching and seem to be too dark for me.  But I need game mode turned on, and when I do that, the picture setting is set to Standard and you cannot change off of it (which is fine by me).

I have game mode on, have blur reduction to 10 and Judder at 0. I have all the motion plus settings off. When I play Forza, everything looks very smooth and clean, but when I play Fifa and the players move quick across the screen or even the ball moving fast in a replay, there is a type of granular blur (i dont know how to describe it any better than that).

What is the best calibration settings for gaming? And does anyone know why I am experiencing weird blurs on FIFA?

blech I tried linking the article, but cant seem to get it right lol anyway I'll quote the article.

From the article:
Quote:
Turning on the Game Mode is the best way to go for gaming on the 75F6300. The picture mode in Game Mode has its own settings, and initially look pretty bad. Don't let this throw you off. Since Standard is the only available picture mode while Game Mode is on you'll have to take the time to turn the sharpness down to 10 or less, the Color Space to Auto, Dynamic Contrast to Off, Color Tone to Warm1, and the Screen Size to Screen Fit. Adjust the Backlight and Brightness to your personal preference and appropriate level for the room light. This will provide a decent picture quality as well as a cut down on input lag. This made Okami HD and Crysis for the PS3 look fantastic and the input lag was negligible at a decent 30ms.[/url]
post #543 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Awesome. Could you repost that link? It seems to not be working and it has a bunch of "****" in it.

post #544 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Snowman: you have PM. I cant seem to post a link. Its from a review of the 75" model, but should be applicable. Only screen size is different.
post #545 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14

I bought a LG LA6200 recently (47LA6200 to be more specific), which is a direct lit LED. With the Black Friday deals on the F6300 series, I am tempted to exchange my LG for the Samsung. Do you guys think it is worth it, or would you stick with the LG? 

post #546 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSnowmanx18 View Post

Awesome. Could you repost that link? It seems to not be working and it has a bunch of "****" in it.

Here is the link he's referring to:

http://reviews.*******************.com/samsung-tv/samsung-un75f6300.html

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
post #547 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post

Here is the link he's referring to:

oops lol didn't see the other message about him sending you pm and we can't post links lol ******************

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
post #548 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I picked up a UN46F6300 today, and so far I am pleased with it. The Smart Hub has a lot more options and nicer menu than my previous D series sets. My only question is... why did Samsung make the ethernet port rear-facing? I'm going to wall mount this with a slim mount in a room that happens to have the cable modem and router. I don't think there will be space behind the set for a cable. Samsung probably figured, it's got wi-fi, who is actually going to use the ethernet port? Guess I need to buy a right angle cable.
post #549 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 PM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post

oops lol didn't see the other message about him sending you pm and we can't post links lol ******************

Why is it censored for you? Here...

Weird! They censored my post, as well. It's *******************[dot]com

Censored again, lol.

plasma tv buying guide.com - remove spaces

Victory! They must really hate those guys.
post #550 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14

Is Netflix playback smooth on this TV, or is there occasional freezing?

post #551 of 2216 Old 11-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Question for Everyone, I have PS4 and Xbox One.

The Best Settings Call for Film Mode 1 in settings to be Enabled and Smooth Motion Set to Custom With Dejudder at 0 and DeBlur at 10 But no matter what Settings or Picture Mode, Film Mode is Always Greyed Out. I've tried with Game Mode on and Off.

Any ideas why Film Mode is always Greyed out No matter what.
post #552 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 01:42 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Any ideas why Film Mode is always Greyed out No matter what.

From the built-in User Manual, also available as PDF from the Samsung website:

● Film Mode
Optimizes the picture quality for movies. Select the mode for watching movies. This feature is only available when watching TV or when the input signal is AV, Component (480i, 1080i), or HDMI (1080i).

I believe this setting has to do with 3:2 pull down and de-interlacing of 24 fps video footage. I am guessing that your consoles are outputting a progressive signal (480/720/1080p), so the Film mode doesn't apply. Some discussion for the novice here: http://www.theprojectorpros.com/learn-s-learn-p-theater_pulldown_deinterlacing.htm

I have also noticed that available Picture settings change depending on what the input is named. For example, I connected my ACER laptop to the HDMI3 input, and for the life of me I could not get the 1920x1080 resolution to properly display on the TV (the edges all around my Windows desktop would not show in the visible area of the Samsung). I discovered that changing the input name to "PC" fixed this; however, now many of the picture settings are greyed out. Hope that helps.
HDPERSON likes this.
post #553 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 02:31 AM

Liked: 11
Has anyone messed with the Sound settings? I am using the TV's speakers and do not have this hooked up to a sound bar or stereo. One of the reasons I bought this TV was CNET's review claiming acceptable audio quality relative to other top picture frame sets. I generally find these to be the best for OTA broadcasts, streaming Netflix and watching DVDs off the laptop:

Sound Mode STANDARD (not happy with any of the other options)
DTS TruSurround ON
DTS TruDialog OFF
Equalizer DEFAULT
Auto Volume NIGHT
TV Installation Type STAND (my set is wall mounted, but extends 2-feet off the wall on a swivel arm; this setting makes a big difference)

Regarding the Auto Volume feature, the Samsung manual states the following:

● Auto Volume
Because each station has its own set of broadcasting conditions, the volume may fluctuate as the channel changes. The Auto Volume function automatically adjusts the volume of a channel by lowering or raising the sound output. Normal applies a normal level of volume adjustment, whereas Night applies a slightly lower volume level than Normal and is ideal for nighttime TV viewing. To use the volume control of a connected source device, deactivate the Auto Volume function. When using the Auto Volume function with a source device, the device’s volume control may not function properly.

Wondering if this features only works when using the TV's tuner (which applies in my case), and not an external cable box or streaming service. Also, for OTA broadcasts, I do find that in NIGHT mode it does a good job leveling the volume of commercials, which is a godsend.
post #554 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 04:26 AM

I noticed that most of the movies on vudu or netflix are in letterbox, wish there was an option for that...
post #555 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 06:34 AM

plasma tv buying guide.com - remove spaces

Victory! They must really hate those guys.

Yes! Thank you for this. Idk why everyone's links are censored... I thought I had some parental settings on for some reason.. lol

post #556 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM

While playing games the sound on game mode is notvery good and iI can't seem to Change it. It's stays on one setting only for sound and it is movie mode if I recall. How do I change the sound in game mode?
post #557 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 10:20 AM

The UN60F6300 says it has the soundshare feature. Can I connect it to the HW-F550 soundbar wirelessly via the soundshare feature? I'm looking to upgrade to a soundbar and was debating between the Samsung HW-F550 and Sony HT-CT660. If I can connect the two wirelessly, I'm opting for the Samsung soundbar instead.
post #558 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m3rson View Post

From the built-in User Manual, also available as PDF from the Samsung website:

● Film Mode
Optimizes the picture quality for movies. Select the mode for watching movies. This feature is only available when watching TV or when the input signal is AV, Component (480i, 1080i), or HDMI (1080i).

I believe this setting has to do with 3:2 pull down and de-interlacing of 24 fps video footage. I am guessing that your consoles are outputting a progressive signal (480/720/1080p), so the Film mode doesn't apply. Some discussion for the novice here: http://www.theprojectorpros.com/learn-s-learn-p-theater_pulldown_deinterlacing.htm

I have also noticed that available Picture settings change depending on what the input is named. For example, I connected my ACER laptop to the HDMI3 input, and for the life of me I could not get the 1920x1080 resolution to properly display on the TV (the edges all around my Windows desktop would not show in the visible area of the Samsung). I discovered that changing the input name to "PC" fixed this; however, now many of the picture settings are greyed out. Hope that helps.

Phew That saves me!!!! I was so pissed/confused. And yes my PS4 is outputting 1080p/24
post #559 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Content from the TV Apps through the HDMI ARC to the AVR work fine - Dolby Digital 5.1.

Now, my situation worsens... Last night something changed at DirecTV or HBO/MAX/Starz that results in my no longer getting any of their content to the TV. The message blames my TV for 'not supporting' HDCP/Content Protection (it does). I can bypass the AVR and go directly to TV and this works, but then I'd have to rig up a kludge to get the 5.1 audio back to the AVR (I know, I could use optical for this, but I still consider it a kludge when the HDMI should pass everything!).

My receiver VSX-70 also supports HDCP (confirmed with Pioneer), but as of last night, content from these stations (even previously recorded shows) no longer makes it to the Samsung.

post #560 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I don't much about this audio stuff. Can I not just plug in 5.1 speakers and get 5.1 sound?

post #561 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
so if i understand this correctly, this 6300 series does not allow you to connect devices to the HDMI inputs and use HDMI ARC to send the output to a soundbar (w/ HDMI ARC) using 5.1/DTS/DD? it will work, but only send stereo signals?
post #562 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Very interested in the 75f6300. Are there any problems or issues that are widespread with this model?

I read a post about sine having clouding and others chimed in with the same issue.

Im looking for a tv 70+ for bluray and gaming.

I've looked at vizio m series, sony 70r550a, sharp 70 and 80 650u and now this set. The samsung I hear has the better picture.
post #563 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post

so if i understand this correctly, this 6300 series does not allow you to connect devices to the HDMI inputs and use HDMI ARC to send the output to a soundbar (w/ HDMI ARC) using 5.1/DTS/DD? it will work, but only send stereo signals?

That is the way my setup works with 6300 + Comcast DVR + Denon AVR-1611. You should plan on using ARC for the built in sources and feed external sources directly to an AVR. My understanding is that this is pretty common with TVs. It may depend on exactly what other devices are in the HDMI chain though.
post #564 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingoFresh View Post

I don't much about this audio stuff. Can I not just plug in 5.1 speakers and get 5.1 sound?

Not exactly. You need some sort of device to output 5.1 audio to the speakers, such as an AVR or a 'Home Theater in a box' set-up.
post #565 of 2216 Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanperdew View Post

Content from the TV Apps through the HDMI ARC to the AVR work fine - Dolby Digital 5.1.

Now, my situation worsens... Last night something changed at DirecTV or HBO/MAX/Starz that results in my no longer getting any of their content to the TV. The message blames my TV for 'not supporting' HDCP/Content Protection (it does). I can bypass the AVR and go directly to TV and this works, but then I'd have to rig up a kludge to get the 5.1 audio back to the AVR (I know, I could use optical for this, but I still consider it a kludge when the HDMI should pass everything!).

My receiver VSX-70 also supports HDCP (confirmed with Pioneer), but as of last night, content from these stations (even previously recorded shows) no longer makes it to the Samsung.

Have you tried swapping out your HDMI cables? Any long cable runs involved?
post #566 of 2216 Old 11-28-2013, 12:55 AM

Hi guys, my 46" (UN46F6300) suddenly shows this "white- ish" lines on my TV. 

i did some research but i'm not sure what seems to be the problem. not sure if it's a blown capacitor, a loose ribbon cable connection, or etc..... so i'm too afraid to open the tv and mess with the internals until i know for sure what is the problem

my tv is also connected to a  power surge protector, but im still not sure whether it is caused by lightning

any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

post #567 of 2216 Old 11-28-2013, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

Not exactly. You need some sort of device to output 5.1 audio to the speakers, such as an AVR or a 'Home Theater in a box' set-up.

And the speakers don't include such a device I guess. Dang.

post #568 of 2216 Old 11-28-2013, 08:57 AM

I will try different cables, that's a good idea. The current cables aren't particularly long (6'). My test from DTV to TV was using 15' cables and that worked, but I'll try swapping out the cables from DTV->AVR->TV as well.

Another idea: I'm looking at using RVU between the genie and the TV. I've already got Genie mini's in other rooms and they are fine with the new HBO setup. I need to confirm that a) the Samsung will pass 5.1 to the receiver in this configuration and that b) I can make the connection from Genie to Samsung using wired ethernet (the set complains when I try this with wireless).

post #569 of 2216 Old 11-28-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
if you guys that own this set could help me out in this thread. I created a thread to compile all the sets Im currently looking into.

thanks in advance

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1502338/looking-to-buy-a-70-80-advice-welcome/0_100
post #570 of 2216 Old 11-28-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

Very interested in the 75f6300. Are there any problems or issues that are widespread with this model?

I read a post about sine having clouding and others chimed in with the same issue.

Im looking for a tv 70+ for bluray and gaming.

I've looked at vizio m series, sony 70r550a, sharp 70 and 80 650u and now this set. The samsung I hear has the better picture.

These are the same competitors I looked at. After spending a long time watching them and messing around with the settings, I decided the Samsung looked best. I just received my 75F6300 yesterday. Picture looks way better than the '07 vintage Sony 52" that we were using before. It comes with the motion plus on by default, and I notice a few judders while we were watching Elf, but then I realized it had the old software. Even though mine was built in October 2013, the software was v 1111. Once I connected the TV to my network and ran the software update, it is now v 1116 and judder was gone. I toned down the motion control anyway because it makes the picture look artificial on any TV. But I love this set. It looks great.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page